Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default July Jaded Ladies #7

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies! (are any gentlemen here??)

First off, I think with the amount of sweating I did today I should have lost at least 5lbs. But NOOO,,, it's not that easy!! I cannot wait for Fall to begin!!

Suggestion for anyone remodeling a house. If you can afford it, buy your molding for your walls! I have been helping my grandfather redo this house, and he had told me to take ALL the trim off the walls, around the windows and doors, and the floor! He was going to make new ones. I thought, "ok, that'll save money" Little did I know how much work would go into it. He made them all, and I (w/help of my sweetie)primered them and then after they dried, I had to sand them smooth. And once they get put on the walls, and stuff, we have to repaint them! Sheesh! I think the sanding part, was probably the best upper body workout I've had in a LONG time! You should see the muscle in my poor little arm.....

Kayecee-I've never tried Splenda, I've tried that other sweetner stuff and didn't like the taste. Is Splenda any better? I think I'm a little frightened to try it.

I'm not a tea drinker, so tea isn't my thing, but I do like the Crystal light. What I do with it is add slices of lemon to my lemonade for a better taste. I tend to use lemons a lot. I've even squeezed it over my salads when I had no dressing. (Doesn't really sound good does it?)

Michelle- I will try and drink more water too. Today I have had almost a liter bottle. (I think last night I said I drank a 2 liter.... heaven sakes, before bed that would've killed me.) correction, it was a liter bottle. But I've decided that's My bottle and I want to attempt to try and drink two of those in one day... and maybe work my way up later. Or coarse not all at once!! Ask me tomorrow what I've drank.

Ok, I'm being hollored at, so I will go for now. chat with ya all tomorrrow.

marti
Old 07-23-2003, 12:11 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies

Ruth, hope your test went well.

Marti, I haven't had any problems with logging out. You say you haven't gotten that far as far as working out at the gym or home but my dear you ARE getting a workout with the house. Believe me that is definitely a workout. I do have difficulty with my water intake from time to time. I have never been much of a water drink, can't stand it and literally have to force it down sometimes. I know though that it is essential to be healthy so I must drink it. I put four 16.9 oz bottles on the counter each morning, it doesn't always work but for the most part I drink all four.

Jana, Yes, I do think the WATP videos are great. It is the easiest two mile walk ever. WTG on passing up the funnel cake. Our state fair comes in September so I am going to make sure I have enough points for one. I don't get them often and they are well worth the wait.

Mel, so sorry to hear about your truck. That must have been so scary. I hope they understood at your new job. Look on the bright side you get a new one. How was your first day on the new job?

Kayecee, I have never tried Splenda, it seems like a lot of the ladies here do. I have been using Sweet N Low for years, how does Splenda compare to it? I have seen on the recipe threads that you can bake/cook with it also.

Melissa, WTG on passing on the chocolate and glad you got rid of the headaches.

My day consisted of laundry, laundry and more laundry! Okay, so it wasn't that much but it sure seemed like a lot. Seems like I am always doing laundry. I also got my workout done, some reading, some of my ironing done, still have more and that is about it. I spent too much time on this thing. Tomorrow I am going to get everything done on my list before getting on the puter.

I hope EVERYONE had a great day today. Later ladies...
Old 07-23-2003, 01:17 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi Ladies,
I am having computer problems still...
And am reading everything but can't send out long replies,,,but I sure do want to.
I drank alot of water today, its soooo hot here. Skittles had her spa day, hated it,,,snarling and almost did a Mike Tyson with the groomer.
Have been walking down to look at the show homes (the one that Im wanting) Told hubby that Im so hot that Im going to the air conditioned house...lol
Anyways going to the gym,,,sweating alot,,,drinking water...eating lots of fruit and salads. But am bloated right now dang TOM!
ttfn
Angie
Old 07-23-2003, 07:42 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

What is going on with this site? I can't post anything but a quick reply, it goes to the "post reply" page and there's nothing there.

To answer everyone's questions; no one was hurt in the fire, thank goodness, we think the gas line going into the carbureator (sp?) ruptured, sparking the fire. I thought it was just over heating at first until I pulled over, got out and saw the paint on the hood bubbling. Thankfully there was a cop right there and he called the FD right away. I didn't think the fire had bothered me too much, until I had nightmares about it Monday night. The cop was nice enough to have the dispatcher call LJS and let them know what was going on so they were very understanding.

Speaking of the new job, so far it's going pretty well, very boring since this week is all orientation. Tomorrow is my interview with General Mills, everyone send me goo vibes please. I also have an interview at Lowe's tomorrow afternoon. Couldn't beg for a job a few weeks ago, now I have people calling me almost everyday it seems.

DH and I went car shopping yesterday, we found the car we are going to buy, I feel so spoiled by that great guy I married, we are buying an Intrepid. I have wanted one for years but have never found one at the price I'm willing to pay.It has a small dent in the hood but that's no big deal, DH said he can go get a good one at the junkyard for almost nothing. It's a 94, has about 48 thousand miles on it, white with white interior, I fell in love as son as I saw it. It does need tires though, we talked the guy down from $2,900.00 to 1,700.00. Yaayy us!

I'm with everyone else on the water intake, I do drink lots of tea, hot and iced, with sweet n low and unsweetened juices. So hopefully I'm not doing too bad on the water intake.

Michelle, I think I would have to just sleep in the bathroom if I had drank that much water before bed!

As for laundry, I personally think there should be one day a week where everyone goes around naked, that way we might feel like we actually made progress with "Mt. Washmore"!

I'm off to work. Hope everyone has a great day.

TTFN, Mel
Old 07-23-2003, 11:01 AM   #6  

Talking

Good morning ladies! I usually come here in the evenings, but I was just itching to share! I did my weigh in today and I am down 2lbs. Amazing! I weigh myself once a week and I had been sitting at 145lbs. for Sooooo long! And to see 143lbs. made me jump like a two year old!
It's not much, but it's a start!!! I'm hoping to see more next week too.
Well I gotta get ready for school, then it's off to the house. Chat with ya all later tonight.

Marti
Old 07-23-2003, 11:42 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Sounds like everyone is doing good on their water intake. I bought a 64 oz mug at wal-mart, and fill it up twice a day. Its amazing how full these threads get in just a few days. I have figured out one of my big problems in trying to lose weight. Its sweets. I have a VERY active sweet tooth. Trying to cut waaaaaay back though. If any one has any ideas, let me know.
my DH was talking to me the other day about trying to eat healthier. I wanted to smack him, because I have been telling him that for months. We decided we are going to eat more veges and fruit and get away from white bread, pasta, rice, etc. He said starting after this weekend cause its his birthday, and he is getting a cake. Men. Go figure. Well, thats all for now.
Ricci
Old 07-23-2003, 12:15 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Hi ladies,

Kayecee - thank you so much for starting the new thread!! I had no clue that Dollar General had Splenda!! We also call it the Poor Man's Walmart!

Michelle - yep, hon, I see footprints all over your back. Keep working on it, and you'll get to a place where you can tell them NO. Yay for you resisting the chocolate! The Sears guy actually was dressed very tidy and had no butt crack going on. Thank God for small favors.

Marti - Yay on the 2 pound loss!!! If you keep working on the house the way you have been, you'll whittle down to nothing!

Cristi - I try to get my stuff done around here, too, before I log on, but then I just can't help it - I gotta see what you guys have said. ....... Eat a funnel cake for me when you get to the fair, ok?

Angie - You can get lots of ideas looking at those homes. I like to see what they have done with the closet areas. I know, I'm weird!!

Mel - I haven't had any problems with posting ...but I don't use the quick reply, I click on "reply" and go to a whole new page. I'm sending you good vibes for your interviews... : can you feel it? Also Congrats on the Intrepid! Sounds like you're getting a good deal!

Ricci - when I want sweets, I work whatever it is into my points. Because if you are craving something, it is better to just go ahead and have it, and get it over with. The key is PORTION CONTROL. Just buy 1 individual candy bar, or whatever. You can even get cookies in a small pack, or but 1 at the bakery section at Walmart.

I want to tell you guys about a product I use about 3 times a week. It's a Morningstar Farms Veggie Tomato and Basil Pizza Burger. It tastes SO GOOD!! It is 130 calories, 6 gr. of fat, 3 fr. of fiber, and 3 WW points. No, it isn't the lowest point thing you could eat, but it is wonderful, IMHO. Kind of takes care of the pizza crave, ya know?

Also, the Sears guy didn't have the part we need for the oven, so now he has to come back next Tuesday. They aren't charging for 2 trips, or anything, but the darn thing is only 3 years old, and now we;re out almost $200!! Boy, they get you coming and going!!

DD just walked in- bbl,
Jana
Old 07-23-2003, 12:35 PM   #9  
The ever shrinking woman!

Jana, that pizza thing sounds wonderful! I will definately have to try that out, pizza is one of my many downfalls

I was just browsing through, and saw that, and Ricci's question.

Like Jana said, just work it in, or by the time you do give in , it might be worse. I try to buy only sweets that are easy to work in, because my sweet tooth is the devil!

I like skinny cow ice cream products, as well as blue bunny health smart ice cream bars (60 cal, 0 fat), Slim fast makes SOME good products.. they have a candy bar called peanut butter crunch, it's basically a mini butterfinger, but it's 3 WWP. It's small but sometimes it will cure my chocolate craving.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

I'm Back!!!!

Tonya - thanks for dropping by, and giving us some good ice cream hints! Skinny cows are my favorites. Hope you'll post often with us!

Another sweet treat is the WW fudge cake thingy. I forget the official name, but it's in a red box, and it's a brownie-like cake, with chocolate sauce over it. It is almost TOO sweet to eat the whole thing. And, guess what?? I took them out of the little serving container, put them on little fancy dessert plates and my fam did NOT know they were WW!!!!

Later,
Jana
Old 07-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #11  
The ever shrinking woman!

LOL Jana! that is too funny, I should try that

thanks for the warm welcome, I will be sure to check this thread out more often, looks like fun, and today is just bleh to me, I need some cheering up
Old 07-23-2003, 04:47 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ya Ladies

Jana, you are so right, it is better to give in to the cravings and get it over with otherwise you will just keep thinking about it and possibly end up eating more than you should, or that is the case with myself. Funny you should mention pizza...I have been craving it today for some reason and those burgers sound delicous. I will definitely eat a funnel cake for ya when I go to the fair, that will probably be all I eat for the day but I am going to have one.

Ricci, some sweets I eat are Rice Krispy treats, the chocolatey chunk ones, Chocolate Rice cakes, the mini ones, raisins, WW strawberry cheesecake desserts, all low in calories and points. Don't get me wrong I do have an occassional candy bar and other stuff but like Jana I work them into my points for the day, or I try to for the most part. TOM is he** and sometimes I can't help myself!

Mel, wtg on finding a car so fast, those are nice ones. Isn't that normally the way things go? You look and look for a job and no one wants to hire you and then you finally find one and everyone is calling. Well, good for you I hope you land the job you want. I am sending you some good vibes and luck for your upcoming interviews. : :

Marti, WTG on your loss!

Angie, your Skittles sounds like my Ernie. He doesn't mind being groomed at home, most of the time but I think he would bite someones ear off if he had to go into a grooming salon. I have to put a muzzle on him when I take him to the vet. I hate that muzzle but when that guy starts touching him where he shouldn't those fangs come out. He also hates the shots.

I managed to get my chores done this morning after taking dd out to drive for an hour. She got her permit last year and has not had the desire to drive at all. She let the permit expire and we just went and renewed it, of course she had to take a written test again. But we both decided she NEEDS to learn how to drive, she's 19. Geez, when I was 16 I couldn't wait to drive. She has been doing good. Then managed a 4 mile walk and I am pooped.

Hope everyone is having a great day! See ya later ladies and Hi to everyone I may have missed.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:14 PM   #13  
soontobethin

Thanks everyone for the tips on sweets. I will try them. Tonight for dinner pizza sounded really good. I went to wal mart and bought pizza for my son tomorrow. When I got home, DH had fixed the boys a frozen pizza we already had. It smelled SOOOOOO good. I was starving, so I went to the fridge, and pulled out baby carrots and celery and fat free dip. That was my dinner, and a plum for dessert. I did tae bo today, and weight lifting. Hopefully I will keep doing better.
Ricci
Old 07-23-2003, 10:23 PM   #14  

Default Hey Y'all!

Dang! I didn't have time to write a message this morning, and now it looks like there have been a billion responses. (I knew y'all were at the beach this weekend! )

Michelle- Do you know the Visa check card commercial where the guy goes into the pet store to buy 2 rabbits and by the time his check is approved, the rabbits have mulitplied out the door and down the street- That's my laundry!!!!!

Marti- I feel your remodeling anguish! I helped to dig the concrete footing, sawed 90% of the lumber that went into this house, hung insulation, and a million more things in the past year. But DH and I can look around with soooo many memories. Trust me, next year you can look back and laugh at your poor little muscles.

Cristi- Sounds like you had a full day! Why don't you come over to my house and do a little cleaning?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:07 PM   #15  

I am not sure why, but everytime I write, then I go to post, it says that I haven't logged in even though I did. Do we have a time limit on this??? I wrote quite a bit, but I don't want to rewrite at the time in case it kicks me out again. So, does anyone have a reason for why this is happening to me? Let me know.
Until then, I will try to rewrite later or tomorrow evening.

Marti
Closed Thread