Old 06-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I shared the photo on my FB wall. I'm going to try this. Another photo shows you can put it in a spray bottle.

I'll be back later. Getting ready to do some more chores for the day. We're having the Health Department inspection on Tuesday. Lots to get done.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #17  

Terra - I really just meant it for fun. If you've been walking, say, 2 miles a day for 5 days a week, after 4 weeks you would have gone 40 miles, and if you pretended you were walking from Wichita to Kansas City (about 200 miles distance), you'd still have 160 miles to go. It might motivate you to go further or make it more interesting for you. Or using Happy's example - circling the world twice, which I learned is nearly 50,000 miles...how long would that take???!!!

Do any of the other Worldlies know of a website that lets you track something like that? Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sort of interested how far I've gone just on my daily walks between the train station and my office given the fact that we've been in this building for 6 years now...

Ceejay - Interesting "recipe" for the mosquito trap. I do know that they are attracted to carbon dioxide...
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #18  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - Smart of your bf to cast a wider net for the scooter, just like I did for the furniture. It's wonderful (and worth the drive) to get a fantastic deal on exactly what you want. Thanks for reminding me about aqua aerobics. I'm definitely going to go to the Friday class in San Jose, and I've also added to my calendar the Monday classes that are about 15 miles away. When you mentioned to Terra that circling the world twice is 50,000 miles, and I can walk 1/2 a mile before my back locks up (hopefully that will get better soon through physical therapy and chiropractor visits), it would take me about 100,000 days walking every day. 100,000/365 = more than 273 years. I think San Jose to San Francisco (about 45-50 miles) is a more reasonable goal for me. As for tracking overall mileage to see an accumulation of how much you've walked....I don't know of a website that does it, but I'm sure there is one. One nice website to find good walking routes in your area or to map out a route you design and see the length is called MapMyWalk.com.

Ceejay - Thanks for posting that homemade mosquito trap to your FB wall. I shared it for my FB friends who live in the midwest. We used to do something similar for yellow-jackets. Good luck getting ready for the health inspection.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Just finishing my after lunch coffee, so am writing this as I sip.

Not much news here. Just a bit more work and sorting things out. And working through a new victim to u-Perform. He may be sorry he asked me to help him out yet.

Weather is fine and beautiful, not overly warm but not cold either. I wandered out at lunchtime and got me some mac'n'cheese which wasn't too bad at all. However I am just about asleep at my desk at the moment - hence the coffee. Late night last night. Serves me right I guess.

Happy - hope you got that tooth sorted. No fun with toothache.
Guess DS2 and DB2 will eventually sort themselves out. I can't and won't interfere. They have to get on with their own life.
Yep I get to work before the sun gets up. Lazy old sun. These days in the depths of winter (only 20 odd days to go to the shortest day) it doesn't get up until about 7.30, 7.45. I'm here at 7.00. Last couple of days I have had to turn the lights on for the floor. Guess everyone is coming down from the long implementation days.

Terra - a pedometer (a good one) will tell you how many steps you are taking and the distance travelled.

Laura - how did the muscles turn out this morning. Hope you aren't too stiff.

Michelle - the kids were enjoying themselves. That's why they were screaming, chasing the football around the place. I can take that sort of screaming. Anything else calls for the Queen Victoria 'we are not amused' look. Usually does the trick.

Ceejay - good for you in getting your photos and pictures up there. You are getting adventurous on here. :P:

Okay Annie - where are you. I know anniversaries take us to a whole new level of grief and stuff, but we are your friends. Get thee back in here.

Gotta go. May be back tonight if I can find something to yack about.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #20  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Oh okay thanks for explaining that to me

Shad ~ I have a Pedusa PE-771 Tri-Axis Multi-Function Pocket Pedometer, I dont know if you would consider it a good one or not but it seems to work pretty well.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hump Day....

Sorry I have been missing in action lately. I guess the comment the winch made at my second interview that I seemed over qualified must of made THEIR decision. No word from them since, including the thank you notes I sent and the follow up call that I had to leave in voice mail. The FN chicken sh*ts. You know if you don't want a candidate, at least talk to them or send them an email or snail mail indicating so. I am so peed off over this. Just about to give up on it all. I am now signed up with two temp agencies that seem to not want to pay more than 10-12 dollars an hour for anything. BS, shoot me now. If I knew a good headhunter I would sign up them. Ok rant over.

Been babysitting a lot lately. Sam had a doc apt for blood pressure. God does answer prayers. FINALLY she had a normal read. She goes back next Friday to be sure then off her meds. Both lil ones are growing by leaps and bounds. Royce smiles all the time especially for Nanna. Jacob is still a treat, but getting a lil more personality and words. He likes to use the words actually, seriously and well yes. He is a stinker.

Michael's (DB) check up for June went well. Cancer at bay for another month. He is working part time at Lowes and liking it. Doc seemed to think it would be good for him. I have surprised him a couple of times while he is at work and he said it brightens his day a lot. Once I took the grandbabes and that really made his day.

CHELLE...thanks for playing words with friends with me. It is the very first time I have ever played and don't know all the rules...like swapping out letters loses your turn. lol. Anyway, it is fun, I don't always get back right away, please be patient with me. You will win for sure.

SHADDIE...yes you guessed it. You know my emotional side to well. Daddy passed June 1 that anniversary over and now OUR birthday is coming up. Can you imagine if I weren't on an antidepressant. lol. I have some really deep emotions. NEVER have a GEMINI baby. That is the only thing I can figure. hahaha. Hmmm lunch coffee...I haven't even brewed my morning coffee yet. Will do so in a few.

LAURA...love love love the scooter. Especially with gas prices that is about all I could afford to drive these days. Gas prices have been ridiculous lately. Nice color too, so everyone can see you coming and going.

SUSIE...glad your fun weekend and wedding reception went well. Nice change of pace.

CEEG...I found a vegetation killer (homemade) also... sharing it now...1 gallon white vinegar, 2 cups epsoms salts and 1/2 cup blue dawn dish liquid. It works great. Beware it kills all not just the weeds so be sure where you use it.

HAPPY...Oh sweet baby Jesus, a root canal. Hope you are feeling better after that ordeal and can do your errands. Drugs, good drugs. Fruits and veggies yum. It has rained so much lately I don't know if anything but the tomatos will survive.

TERRA...keep up on your walking!!

Make it a great day!

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,
Tooth hurts this morning as the dentist said it would. No eating corn on the cob for this chick. Good thing I have some nice salmon for tonight but I may have to skip the cucumber salad.

I have an unplanned trip in to the thrift shop. They have arranged with a few ladies and a new volunteer to take over the boutique operations. Fine with me as I don't want to do it. I was in the place yesterday and there were too many volunteers in there. Sometimes that's just as bad as not having enough. Looked out the window at dusk last night and there were black clouds of mosquitoes flying around the house. Never seen anything like it. Sure is going to put a damper on the summer outdoor activities. DH is going to try your homemade mosquito trap Ceejay - thanks for passing that along. I'm sure it will be like trying to bail out a leaky boat with a shotglass

I bought a bunch of fresh berries 2 days ago and darn if the things aren't all mouldy already Not really much you can do to stop that except to eat them quickly. I would rather eat them fresh than freeze them because all they are good for at that point is in a smoothie.

Not much else to say for now. Guess I will go get a load of laundry in before I leave. Have a good one everybody.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #23  
Choose your hard

Just saw your post Anne. So sorry about the job. You have captured everything I HATE about the job search. I can only hope that these people who ignore you one day find themselves in the same pair of moccasins. I realize and don't expect them to get back to everyone who submits an application but when you have had several interviews I think they at least owe you the courtesy of a generic "we found someone who is a better fit at this time". Usually when they do what they did to you, they have someone else in mind already and just waste everyone else's time and dash their hopes. I do agree that since they shifted manufacturing out of this country - the jobs went with it. All that is left is low wage jobs. They have funds here for a program that puts age 55 and older people to work but it's at minimum wage. And you need to meet certain income requirements. They have the funds, can't get anyone who wants to work part time for what amounts to little more than grocery money. In the interim, keep yourself busy as you have been. Remember that you either have time or money and hardly ever both at the same time. I try not to think too hard on the not having enough money thing, especially when unexpected bills like house repairs and bad teeth crop up But we make it though somehow... still pulling for you that something comes up.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #24  
Choose your hard

oh - also was going to mention that I found a free app online - mapmywalk dot com which uses Google maps to map a route out. Let's say you take a regular walk each day - like Laura to and from the train station. You can map that out, name it and then log it as a favorite when you walk. It keeps track of calories burned based on height and weight. I haven't messed with it a lot but looks interesting. Try it.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #25  

Afternoon all. Rainy day today. The volunteer project scheduled for today was cancelled.

Michelle – Thanks for the walk routing site. I’ll have to look at that. I’ve used the gmap pedometer site in the past. LOL, 273 years to circle the world twice! Nope, not a reasonable goal.

Shad – Sometimes no news is good news. Yum, mac n cheese! My muscles weren’t too sore last night or this morning. Some muscle soreness at the back of my shoulders, or should I say the back of the arm joint, presumably from all the upper body boxing moves – jabs, uppercuts, hooks and elbows.

Terra – So how far did you go yesterday on your walks?

Annie – Sorry you didn’t hear back re the Office Manager position – one way or the other. Not very nice at all, they couldn’t have had that many people coming back a 2nd time that it would take much effort to make a call. Enjoy your free time while you have it, especially during the summer!!! (Just thought of li’l J not wanting to run through the sprinkler because it was too cold, LOL).

Happy – Yeh, sometimes at work we do these big volunteer projects such as doing painting at schools and we have so many people it makes it harder to work. I like painting by myself I guess. Re the fresh fruit – yeh, I don’t buy or eat as much as I should because bf can be so unpredictable in how much of it he eats. I can only eat so much of it myself! I’ll have to get in to check on that mapmywalk site – same one Chelle mentioned – must be good!

Ceejay – How’s the prep for the inspection going??

Hi Susie!!

==

Nothing much to report. Picked some of my peonies after work last night. A lot of them are already done, and who knows what the rain will do to them today. But then again, there doesn’t seem to have been heavy rain in my area. It was just light sprinkles this morning, so I road my bike to the train. Hope it's the same or less for the ride home!

Should probably get to a class at the gym tonight since tomorrow is supposed to be movie night. Tonight’s class is Zumba.

That’s it for me. TTFN.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #26  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day ladies,

I'm tired today. I haven't been falling asleep until nearly 11 most nights. The chiropractor appointment went well. I go back on Thursday to see the results of the xrays and get them put on a CD so I can get them to my primary physician. The conference call "book club" with my Wisconsin friends was nice. Always good to chat with them.

Today after work I have an appointment with my primary about some pain I've been having in my left shoulder, and also regarding my back and knee (I don't have problems with my knee when I walk just when I'm doing yoga poses on hands and knees.

============================
Shad - I got a chuckle out of the Queen Victoria 'we are not amused' look. I've been known to give a few of those too.

Terra - if your pedometer is multi-function, then it probably does keep track of the distance walked - not just the steps.

Annie - I agree that companies should send out a letter, email or something letting the candidate know they've chosen someone else. At the same time, I've always held the belief that no news is not necessarily bad news. You never know...maybe some of the deciding people are on vacation or something. Good that you signed up with temp agencies...bummer that the pay is so low. Have you tried Robert Half? Glad that you're able to help out Sam and that you're getting to enjoy some time with the boys. Great news about your brother. I'm still keeping him in my prayers. As for Words with Friends, sometime I'm away for a day or two, but I try and keep up. I know your birthday is going to be rough since it was your dad's b'day too...but hang in there, sweet sister. Sending you lots of hugs. What a great "recipe" for a vegetation killer!! Great to know!!

Happy - I replied to your mosquito post suggesting your DH put up one or two bat houses. He could hang them near the Man Cave so they're away from the house. A single bat can eat as many as 1,000 mosquitos in an hour! I've used MapMyWalk.com. It's a good app (and website). I'm planning on purchasing a very portable lightweight chair or stool so that I might be able to go on short hikes, and just flip out the chair every 15 minutes or so when I need to sit.

Laura - I hope you get to Zumba tonight. What movie are y'all going to see tomorrow? I wouldn't mind seeing "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (apparently you get to see Hugh Jackman's very toned naked butt). Seriously, I have enjoyed most of the X-Men movies. Another movie I really want to see is "Maleficent" with Angelina Jolie. I think D and I are going to have a "date night" on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get to see one of those movies. Have you seen "Divergent"? Both D and I really liked it.

to Ceejay and Susie!

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #27  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, Sorry to be MIA. Yesterday DH had the loop recorder put in. We were at the hosptial from 1 to 6. He was to be there at 1 with the procedure at 3. The procedure ended up being at 4:30 p.m.

I was just beat when I got home and so was he. It all went well, and this is the start for what will be the heart ablation sometime end of July middle of Aug (that is how far out the suregon is booked right now). We see the doctor on Monday for the incision check and then they will also start the blood thinners then for the ablation in July/Aug.

I had my DXA scan on Mondy and the results came back that I don't have osteporosis--I sure was glad to hear that.

I'm trying to catch up things at the office after being out yesterday (I did work 1/2 day from home--so that helped).

I'll do personals going forward tomorrow.

I have read and am caught up on all of you.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

For some unknown reason I woke up at 1.30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I've been tired all day. Things are going well with getting things ready for inspection. I'll do a last minute tidy on Tuesday
The maintenance man poured something on the floor to make the old paint in the bathroom It reacted to something and left a stench. I've put a fan in there for now and a door open. Whew.

Happy
I've never tried that mosquito stuff but I'm going to

Annie
I'm going to try that formula too for the weeds. When we were teen's and helping dad with the lawn he mixed up something like that. It's a bummer about the job and rude of the prospective employer for notifying you of their decision. How nice of you to take the grandbabies to visit at Lowe's while your brother was there.

Michelle
Know what you mean by those yoga poses and knee's. I've been wanting to get one of those walkers that have a seat on it. I'd like to see Maleficent.

Need to get on with the end of the day. I'll be playing secretary for the next couple of hours.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

A big thank you to CHELLE for hooking me up with your recruiter in WI that he knows of a recruiter in INDY and may be able to hook me up. I am not getting my hopes up but yet another opportunity to get another shot at a job.

HAPPY....you know that BS about the position is that the company had already hired a temp from the agency that I am already a member of..Robert Half. That position was on their site, I applied and got an email back saying the position had been filled probably at a lesser pay scale. WELL OK, you get what you pay for and I think very less of the temp agency and the company that wasted my time.

CEEG...I feel you on not sleeping at nite. Last night C got a text from another route man at 12:30 am and the beeps and lights woke me up, well that was it for me. So I spent the next 4 hours trying to go to sleep. NOT. Watched CSI Miami. Finally took half a PM and slept about an hour till C left for work. Sleep has to be overrated. Just has to be as I don't get much. Hope you are sleeping better.

SUSIE...hope your hubby's procedure went well and the check up is great. Especially the following procedure in July/August...Glad you test came back awesome.

LAURA....OMG I love peonies and was one of mommas favs. I bought a plant in pink and waiting to plant it. All this rain is beating it to death and cannot plant it in the lightening. Yikes.

HELLO MS SHADWICK...hope all is going great in your mixed up world. Hugs.

Hi TERRA!

Dinner was homemade chimichangas (SP) not bad for throwing something together when I didn't feel like cooking....yes one of my depression modes...no cooking or baking.....bleh.

Hugs
Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #30  
Annie - Indiana

ALSO in my emotional state I am missing MELLIE like crazy these days....Shad, anything from JEN?

I am a wreck.