5:2 IF Plan -- Tell me how it is working for you?

You're on Page 6 of 24
Go to
  • noname yes we will

Sum, I like your secret . I surely don't feel 48. I'm not sure how old I feel. I do feel younger and younger with the more weight I lose. I would love to dress better, I just don't have the money to do so right now. My daughter helps me pick out clothes when I do buy them and my husband likes the more sexy show your curves clothing. I'm starting to look like the girl he had a crush on in school . Oh and since my daughter finally gave me the stacked cut that I wanted, I play with my hair often also Can't wait to hear hot mom from someone (I'd be grinning from ear to ear) Sum, YOU GO GIRL
  • noname, I got married (the first time) two months before I turned 24 and had my daughter two months before I turned 27. My daughter 21 and her husband 20 will be married 2 years in June. They want children but I want them to live and enjoy life first, get established. I love that you are wanting to enjoy life first, makes me smile
  • Me too Rennie. We had kids at 27 and 29. Take your time noname. I thought I would be free at the age of 47, but it is not working out that way DD still wants to live at home. -- I thought both of the kids would be on their own and I would be traveling the world. LOL... life always trows curve balls at you. So I hope I can be traveling the world by the time I am 50
  • I have to laugh Sum, we won't be home free until until 2022 when Rissa goes to college, prayerfully right after high school. Two of the boys will go to college in 2016 and 2017. The one that graduates in 2020 says he's not going to college, we shall see So I'll be 56 before I can even think about traveling the world
  • Yesterday, I went on a friend's boat for the afternoon and that was great. It took me away from home and away from the pantry and fridge. I did have a tiny bit of margarita though. About an inch worth of the cup. I don't know how many calories that set me back... I think I managed to stay at 600-800 calorie range for the day. Plus the time spent with friends was priceless.

Today I am allowing 1200 calories, not the usual 1600 I eat on Fridays, because I only fasted one day this week... I may skip the splurge day this week as well.

I just noticed that I have lost 4.4 pounds since starting 5:2 plan on May 13th... only in 2 1/2 weeks. I think I have finally found something that works! The upswings have not been too bad either, except after last Saturday's splurge day and ovulation time.

About the splurge days, I really don't think I can handle them But I think I told you that already. I need to incorporate a few higher calorie days, around 1500-1600 calories that I can maintain my vigorous exercise regimen. I easily burn 1300-1500 calories on those days and I don't want to start feeling weak.

Plan for today
    Bfast -- eggs
    Lunch -- fruit protein smoothie
    Dinner -- Porkchops, salad and fruit
    Snacks -- TBD

Weight 141.4
    Down 1 lbs
  • Yesterday was another success even after eating spinach artichoke dip (no chips) that my SIL showed up with. I am down 1.6 to 163.2. Today will be a low day since yesterday was high. I think I'm gonna do 4:3 until I can get back to the gym.
  • Yay Sum, I love your plan good job on the pound
  • Quote:
    I'd like to see 197 this week to make it 35 pounds lost!
    Forget that, I made it down to 196.4

I am certainly happy to take my time, though I wish I had more money for travel. We keep it mostly local right now, definitely no international travel. Our big vacation this year is to Colorado (where we plan to relocate in a year) and I'm very excited for that!

Sum, a great loss for 2.5 weeks, really! So wonderful that you are still able to enjoy time with friends even without as much food.

Rennie, oh yummm!!! I don't know how you managed that without chips but good for you! Hope 4:3 goes better for you this week than the last one.

I fasted Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday and today no breakfast, smoothie lunch. Wednesday's dinner was light, but today's dinner will be out with friends, but I think skipping breakfast affords me that as it's definitely assisted my weight loss these last two weeks!
  • LOL Rennie; I am going to a get together tonight and one of the ladies makes this awesome spinach-artichoke dip and I am FEARING that she will bring it!! I can not resist it.
  • nonameslob OMG I am so happy for you!!!! That was an awesome weigh-in. You kicked some butt!

Guess what... Us too want to relocate to Denver area! In a year!! We sold our house because we really want to be out of MI and the mountains are calling for us. -- So you can have me as your surrogate mom over there

We just visited Evergreen in CO this February. We too day trips to surrounding ski resorts, Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone etc...
  • Sum38 that is awesome! We'll be going to Denver and Boulder (I'm leaning towards moving to Boulder, but depends where we get jobs) and then camping in Rocky Mountain National Park for a few days.

We'll have to keep touch on this as time goes on. Are you living in a rental for the time being since you already sold your house?

They say Colorado is one of the healthiest states...one of the reasons why I want to drop this weight before I move there!
  • Yes, we rented a house. I think our lease is up in March, so we really need to start thinking about the move soon.

My DH travels for work, so as long as he is near an airport we are golden. We can live anywhere in US.

The healthy lifestyle is one of the reasons why we would like to end up in CO. I can't wait to do real hikes and bike rides. -- I have my little woods over here in MI where I do my daily walks but having real woods/mountains would be just awesome.

Both hubby and I are very outdoorsy people.

Plus the weather is incredible over there, over 300 days of sun each year and actually not that much snow. But snow could be close by too. Our family loves to ski and snowboard.
  • Almost the exact reasons we want to move there. The weather, the hiking!!!!, bike-friendly cities.... I'm not much into skiing, but I do want to take up snow-shoeing and maybe try cross-country skiing. The lifestyle. Ahh.
  • noname nice weigh in, GO YOU

Sum I hope you have time to read this wish I had posted it earlier ... ONLY ONE MORE DAY IN THE MONTH ... resist the dip and all off plan foods

Don't know much about Colorado, though I do have a good friend in Colorado Springs so I may get to visit her and you all too in a couple of years Not sure of distance.

I made it to the gym thanks to my son, hoping for a nice weigh in tomorrow for me and everyone here
  • I had a whoosh Just in time for the May's final weigh in. May brought me 5.4 pound loss. I bounced up a bit in May, my total IF loss came to 6.6 pounds. Woot! I am VERY excited today. I wanted to see 139.x, and I saw 138.6!

I have high hopes for this 5:2 plan. It really seems to work and well.

Today is supposed to be my splurge day, maybe I will have a splurge meal... I am too afraid to go all out. I could not get OP after last week's splurge day.

Plus, now I am greedy and want to see even lower number for official start of June's weigh in

I hope I will love another 4/5 pounds in June. 4 is probably more realistic since now I have no bloat to lose just fat That feels good to say. I feel like I am constantly losing the bloat.

I try to keep my calories under 1900 for today. Take a walk and swim. If I get really motivated, I will do another session of power walking on the treadmill.

Sending to all!!