3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 05-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #46
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 185/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

nonameslob

THAT IS FANTASTIC!! Congrats...it is a big milestone! WOOT!

Rennie I am so happy I was able to be there for you yesterday. You did it! Today should be easier!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #47
Fat to Fab and Fit

Today is a DownDay;
Plan is;
Bfast 2 medium hard boiled eggs and coffee w/cream (ugh...should have had green tea)
Lunch Fast
Dinner Corn tortilla topped with black beans, 1 oz of Mexican cheese, sour cream and salsa
Snacks Fast

Total calories 650

I am trying to get some exercise in as well...walk my puppy for 4.7 miles, swim and power walk on treadmill for 60 minutes...but that remains to be seen how I feel. -- I am volunteering until 5 pm. I may perk up after I have dinner and feel like doing it all.

I had an UpDay yesterday, around 1360 calories. ( I even had chocolate, but in moderation ). I still managed to drop 2.2 pounds....but I think I did not drink enough after my grueling treadmill/weights workout. It was late and I did not feeling getting up every half an hour to pee, so I did not gulp down water.

I am hoping that 137.4 sticks after my fast day. That would be awesome. My lowest during this journey was 136 and I want to get below that before this month is up.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #48
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum, just so you know ... yesterday was more of a help than you know, so with that said, let me know if I get on your nerves because I know I will need that again but hopefully not today I am going to take out the tortilla and use lettuce greens, I am also adding in some ground beef . Also instead of 2 whole eggs, I used 1 whole egg and 3 egg yolks. I'm not experiencing any burping so that's a plus. I read that it was the egg whites that cause the sulpher burps and that hasn't happened yet without them. I still don't think I will eat eggs that often, something about the smell is making me want to gag as I get older

Sum, I just love your post ... WOOT WOOT on the 2.2 drop, GO SUM you've got this and you will be below 136 by months end keep inspiring

Last edited by love2b150; 05-20-2014 at 11:51 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #49
Fat to Fab and Fit

And I am back up after a DownDay, frustrating.... I drank a lot of water and it did not come out, ugh.

Today is an UpDay
bfast -- 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee w/cream
lunch -- salad w/grilled chicken
dinner -- tacos

I think I will forgo snacks..calories around 1350

I hope I won't gain more today. I hope my water intake will start coming out I will keep pushing more water, though. I think my system goes "huh" when I start the water regime. It does not know what to do with it and hangs onto it for a few days.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #50
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Thank you guys! I am still in Onederland after a "feast" day (same weight as yesterday actually), which is shocking as I usually go up some. I did not eat breakfast yesterday, just an iced coffee in the morning, plus lunch and (a rather large) dinner. I think I will stick with that plan on my feast days as it went really well. I probably ended up around 1600-1700 cals.

Today is my second fast of the week so I should see more weight loss by morning. I do have a work meeting late tonight where they usually have food, so that might be tough as it's during my normal dinner time, but I have a meal planned at home and hopefully I can refrain until 730. I got to sleep in, which certainly helps!

Sum, sounds like you're really close to your lowest weight. I know the water part can be frustrating but your system will catch up soon and you'll get a woosh!

Rennie that is so odd about the eggs! Do hard boiled eggs do the same to you?

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese) - Reached 2/13/15 | Mini Goal 3: 164 (15 pounds to goal) | Thank you, 5:2 and Intermittent Fasting!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #51
~Rennie

Sum, I know it's a lot of water weight but how much sodium was in the seasoning and the grilled chicken? That's the only thing I can think of. I don't realize how salty something is until I enter it on MFP. just a thought

noname, I was reading and it said something about GERD. It is actually worse when the eggs are boiled. I'm gonna try an egg and mixed with an egg substitute and see how I do. I found out eating the eggs that I am fuller longer so that made me happy. I'll keep you posted If you eat at 7:30 what time will you go to bed? I also found that if I can not put anything in my mouth after 6-6:30 my weight and my fbs (fasting blood sugar) is better, unlike this morning, eating after 8:30pm.

had another drop of bloat, down 1.4 to 164.4
Old 05-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #52
Call me NNS!

love2b150 I hope the egg substitutes help!

I go to bed around 10:30-11, which will give me a good 3 hours to digest. Hopefully I'll also make it to the gym which will help that along!

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese) - Reached 2/13/15 | Mini Goal 3: 164 (15 pounds to goal) | Thank you, 5:2 and Intermittent Fasting!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #53
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I've been doing the 5:2 for about 8 or 9 months now, I really like it because it takes the guesswork out of the equation LOL

I lost a boatload of weight (that's metric ) by cutting down portion sizes and sorting myself out mentally, but the last 20ish lbs have been the 5:2 way. I like things automated, so this is easy for people who don't like to think about food every single solitary second

I do it thru the week, leaving weekends free and a bit of wiggle room to enjoy a few treats

Started: 323
Now: 171 - nope, 165 now!
NOPE -- 162 now! Holy crap i've lost a PERSON!
Goal: 160

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #54
Fat to Fab and Fit

Trazey34 I am in awe of you!! Congrats! -- it is nice to hear that this plan is working for the "last" 20 pounds; that is where I am at right now.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #55
~Rennie

thanks noname sleep and the gym should definitely keep things moving for ya

Trazey, keep up the great work So on the weekends you eat what you want and you have two fast days during the week or do you have more lower days in the week and high on the weekend?

Sum you are working it out/off on this plan also
Old 05-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #56
Call me NNS!

Trazey34 What an awesome transformation! Glad 5:2 is working for you Keep it up!

Man, today I have been HUNGRY! Meeting is in 20 minutes...please oh please let them bring something I don't like to eat! *gulps down water*

Old 05-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #57
Fat to Fab and Fit

It is a fast day 3/3 for me. -- I hope Tuesday's fast day won't repeat itself where I gained But I have been excellent what comes to my water intake and finally it is starting to come out too Total loss for the week is 3 pounds, so far, I am hoping to squeeze another pound by tomorrow's official weigh in.

Funny though; I was just not hungry yesterday. Does it happen to you guys after a fast day? -- So I skipped lunch. Why force it down when body does not want it right? And it is not that I am starving , I have a plenty of padding on me

I did something to the back of my knee. It started hurting during my aerobic class, the pain got so bad that I had to leave. I felt bad walking out in a middle of a song, but I thought I was going to pass out with pain. Maybe I did not warm up well enough. It feels like a ligament or tendon pain. -- I hope it passes soon. It is still sore today, though. -- I am taking the pup for a walk and see how it goes. I will go slow if needed. -- I am just really bummed out. I have JUST gotten into the exercise groove; I don't need an injury now

Today is supposed to be my hardest workout day; 4.7 mile pup walk; 4.7 mile power walk on treadmill; weights and swim... I try to do 1-2 of these grueling workouts per week. I was doing them 3 x week, but my body just got too tired. It really jump starts my metabolism though. Talk about shocking your system
Old 05-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #58
Call me NNS!

Wow, Sum! That is an amazing loss for just one week, and still more to come! Hope your knee feels better so you can keep it up.

I experience the same the day after a fast day, which is part of why I'm cutting out breakfast. I usually get hungry by lunch though. I made a fruit & veggie smoothie for today's lunch to break my fast (if we don't count my iced coffee...). Trying to be really good since I did not get to the gym last night and won't make it tonight either.

The lady who usually brings food to our meeting last night didn't show! Thank goodness, because I would have eaten anything put in front of me. I showed restraint on the candy that was brought out and had my 500 cal dinner when I got home

Down 1.6 pounds for the week, which I am very pleased with, after a no-loss week last week.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #59
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

@love2b150 I do 2 fasting days (usually Tues & Fri) and keep an eye on things during the week. The weekends aren't a free for all by any means, but I usually make a bigger Sunday dinner, and maybe lunch out on Saturday

As I said before, it's kind of nice being 'free' from food for that time. They always say alcoholics can just "stop" drinking but people can't stop eating, well you can actually LOL it makes for a nice break.

The first few times were hard, I felt a bit light-headed almost and grumpy LOL but now it's a habit and I always feel better afterwards!

Started: 323
Now: 171 - nope, 165 now!
NOPE -- 162 now! Holy crap i've lost a PERSON!
Goal: 160

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar

Last edited by Trazey34; 05-22-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #60
Fat to Fab and Fit

So I tried 4:3 plan this week, and it sucked! I can not do that many fast days. The third day was just too much; I was starving all day yesterday and felt weak. Well, I tried and the good news; I lost 5.2 pounds in one week. Lots of it was bloat that came off. I am at a new low, I am sure it won't stick, but it sure was nice to see 135.8 on that scale. I did a little happy dance

I will be going back to 5:2 plan. I will watch my calories as well.

Today is UpDay; I have 1700 calories planned and I will enjoy every one of them -- I just hope that my weight won't jump up too much; hoping to stay at the 136-137 range. I have lots of fruits and veggies/salads planned for today with 96g of protein sprinkled in.