Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #271  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Sum I'm not really afraid of eating fat, I just worry about getting the quantities correct.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #272  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

My day ended really well, I had a popsicle as a treat at night. It took me three times to get a right weigh in this morning; 135.8 was the final tally! I am REALLY excited over it. Now I am looking forward to seeing 134 That would be my new low.

I woke up in the middle of the night super thirsty, and gulped down a few cups of water. It was my walk; I got drenched! I did drink a lot after the walk but obviously it was not enough.

Today is my hard workout day; 2 walks and weight lifting. Did I ever tell you that I really hate, LOATHE lifting. I do it 3 x week because it is good for me. But boy, it is a chore. I have been doing it for 1 1/2 years and can not learn to love it.

Plan for today;

B -- Green tea
L -- Salad with chicken
D -- Steak, potato, veggie, salad
S -- Popsicle

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk
4.9 mile treadmill walk
Weights

Weight
Down 1.8 lbs
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #273  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

MauiKai those sound like my kinda tacos!!! I love tacos too much and unfortunately I hate corn tortillas so I don't have them as much anymore. I did experiment with making my own "refried" beans and they were really good. Cooked some pinto beans in a pot with seasoning and then mashed them. And I make my own taco seasoning, easy and cheap! Darn, now I really want tacos haha

Sum, WOOHOO! So happy for you!!! I hope you see 134 soon I know how you feel about lifting. I will be lifting with you in spirit tonight. It is SO BORING.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #274  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am just really happy today, thought to share

I feel quite optimistic about my weight-loss. I am 3+ pounds away from losing a grand total of 40 pounds. My wedding anniversary is on the 16th and would be a perfect day to achieve it.

I also feel optimistic that I can achieve a total weight loss of 50 pounds before my trip to Finland. My friends will die when they see me!! I was at my heaviest during my last visit. -- I had refused to buy clothes in the size I needed and I wore ill fitting clothes the whole trip. I remember wearing jeans with spanx underneath and they were still too small. I could hardly breathe. -- I remember the looks of pity on my friend's faces, and the not so nice comments my mom made. -- This time I will be smoking hot

Just wanted to spread happiness! I feel happy!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #275  
Aloha nui loa

Back up to 169.4 today. I knew I would be though. Last night with dinner I drank a whole bottle of water in like 5 or 10 minutes. Almost 2 hours later I still barely had to pee. I was like, uh oh...someone is retaining water. So yeah, I'm having some major water retention.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #276  
Call me NNS!

Sum, I am so happy for you! Keep up the motivation. You can totally do it and you will look awesome on your trip!

MauiKai, ugh that sucks. Is it hot where you are too? But hey, you're still under 170! Hope that water goes away soon.

Yesterday was a good non-fast day. I kept my eating within an eight hour time frame. Smoothie for lunch, and three mini dinners lol it wasn't that much food but because I split it up it felt like a ton I guess! Didn't strength training at the gym and finished up just in time for a storm...our power actually went out while I was making one of my meals. Thank goodness for the gas stove!

We have a staff meeting today which usually means a pizza lunch. I have my smoothie with me. I may have a salad and a small piece of chicken cheesesteak and the smoothie later in the afternoon, unless I can sneak away to my office without any comments. The pizza they get is gross IMO so that isn't a temptation but I love the chicken cheesesteak! No clue what is for dinner. Gonna ask the bf what we wants

ETA: I wish my BMs would get back to normal. Ugh. The only negative side effect of the diet break...I swear...

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-09-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #277  
Aloha nui loa

It might be nearly shark week as well. I never know because mine are heinously irregular. I went six months (Jan to June) with no TOM at all. Finally June 1 it came back and I was/am probably the happiest gal in the world to have cramps. It's been like 30ish days since the last one, so if my body decides to cooperate it could be soon. Stupid prolactin! Why can't you just be normal!?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #278  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Ladies, I don't know if I should be flattered or offended by this....

I live in my own world, oblivious to the rest of the world. If people talk to me, I am super engaging and friendly, but the rest of the time I go about minding my own business. I don't seek attention.

I know I am semi attractive, not to brag, but I just know I am not a horror story. I may carry a bit extra weight on my mid section, which can be easily hidden; I have really nice legs; I used to be a dancer.... I have a very young looking legs and I display them often with nice flirty skirts. My face is kinda pretty, I have eyes that are unique in color and the rest of the face is not too bad...Someone may call me cute. I am no beauty-queen, but I am not ugly either.

MY POINT:

I said if I should be flattered by this.... I have been hit on, asked for a phone number or asked to be set up with someone at this ONE particular Starbucks during the last 3 weeks. Each time I go in, a different man has approached me. Today was no exception.

When I was heavy no-one paid any attention to me, now that I am size 6 I feel like I am being showered by it.

I feel...well I don't know how to feel... part of me is flattered....part of me is disgusted.

Last edited by Sum38; 07-09-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #279  
Call me NNS!

MauiKai Darn bodies! I hope TOM is part of it. I must say I don't miss it. I love my IUD! I still get a few symptoms and occasional spotting but it is nothing compared to before. Thank goodness.

Sum That would annoy me I don't like for people to comment on my body, fat or thin. But at the same time it certainly is a compliment! You shouldn't hide your new gorgeous bod so I guess you will just have to learn to deal with it Or stop going to Starbucks!

Rennie where are you??

Second fast of the week is today! I'm about where I was in terms of weight this time last week, so I'm not expecting to lose much this week. I would be happy to dip into the 191s, but won't be hurt if I don't. This is my second week of increased strength training, and on top of that I have been seriously improving my reps and weights, so it's normal to hold onto some fluids.

I'm going away this weekend and there will be lots of eating out and drinking. I may try to skip breakfast Saturday morning to help balance it all out. I'm going to a "picnic" Saturday afternoon and they order pizza - so I can either eat pizza (honestly I don't like pizza unless it's the REALLY REALLY good stuff) or maybe try to pick up something healthier to bring with me and claim dietary restrictions? Ahh, I dunno. I'll figure it out. I just hope I don't allow myself to be enabled by others! The girl I'm traveling with has a very large, unhealthy appetite...must think this through a bit more. I think I will go to the store tonight to try to pick up some travel-friendly snacks and fruit.

I'm supposed to do arms and legs at the gym tonight but my legs are SO sore from Tuesday. I pushed myself too hard. I don't know if I will be able to do legs, so I might just have to try to do something at the hotel gym this weekend. I don't know what equipment they have, though.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #280  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am starting to think that this is some sort of a pick up place. I just don't want to be confused for a h00ker or something...LOL LOL!! So I am a bit freaked out. -- It may be that, in all honesty, because I am thinner, I am exerting confidence. I definitely dress better (heck I have spent a small fortune lately on my clothes), put make up on, wear heels, get my hair cut/colored every other month, style it daily; before when I was heavy I hid under maxi dresses and sweat pants, wore no make up and my hair was a mess, too long, too blonde that I wore up all the time, in a tight bun. I felt ugly inside and it showed outside or vice versa
Old 07-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #281  
Aloha nui loa

And now I feel awkward because I have hair well past my bum that I usually wear bunned, never wear heels or make up...
Old 07-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #282  
Fat to Fab and Fit

LOL MauiKai you are funny! I know you know what I meant
Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #283  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum I go to the bathroom so much sometimes it's crazy. Drives my husband nuts when we're out so I try not to drink anything before we go. What I have learned with diabetes though is that when my carbs are low, I can hold me water, when I eat off plan ... it's on Sum I definitely need the frying pan most days Sum my anniversary is on the 27th of this month Yes Ma'am you will be smoking hot when you go to Finland I agree with noname, other than being annoyed. Doesn't bother me at all Sum just face it, you're beautiful and everyone sees it

noname, thanks for looking for me, I'm here You have a lot of decisions to make ... I know you'll make good choices. Your friend may be influenced by you eventually so go ahead and do you Don't over stress your body with the workout, give your muscles a chance to recover. Well me ... I didn't have a plan for this week and it had shown on the scale for sure. It came down some but still had I stayed OP I would be at a lower number than my ticker. I'm gonna try for a fast day tomorrow and hope I can adhere to it. I love the veggie burgers quite tasty. Isn't it funny how you make something with chicken and the chicken goes before the rest of it???? happens here all the time noname I remember you telling me about your taco salad, yum I'm so use to not going to the bathroom on a regular but I've been trying to up the fiber

MauiKai, good job on the 8th with the 1.2lbs down, way to go I always look at watermelon as water. It has a lot of carbs but I think of it as water. I ate all watermelon and cantaloupe and I loss like 4lbs in a day. I was shocked. I tried it again and I can't seem to stick to the melon only maybe because I'm at home and before I was working I like yellow squash and spaghetti squash but I haven't had butternut squash before. Maui, my taco salad was similar to yours and I did use low sodium taco seasoning the heaviness was mainly the beans I used whole pinto beans. I also used 16 ranch doritos that could be the culprit. Maui, I found these natural vegetarian water pills at walmart that I take when need be. Wow no TOM for 6 months I'd be terrified hope it comes soon Maui you are beautiful also

Well My hair is natural, I can blow dry it straight but since I have to wash it daily most of the time it's curly. It is in a Bob cut still growing into perfection (not there yet) I don't wear make up (don't know how) and I wish I had some nice clothes to wear (one day) I also rarely wear heels. So I am just a plain Jane but it's all good
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #284  
Call me NNS!

We all do different things to feel attractive MauiKai, I hope you didn't honestly take offense

It's taken me a very long time to recognize that I can look and feel good about myself without makeup. I had really bad acne as a preteen and it's only just cleared up. It was a HUGE deal when I went a whole week without makeup at work! Now I'm learning to enjoy it. I also used to spend a lot of time styling my hair...I've figured out ways to get around that. I guess my priorities have changed and I would rather spend my time doing fun things, plus I do so much stuff outside that there is no point in keeping my nails nice or doing anything extensive with my hair. But I still feel beautiful! Although, I also LOVE getting dressed to the 9s sometimes.

Sum, I bet you it has a lot to do with confidence. I always notice a big difference in compliments and comments when I am more confident or when I dress "nicer". Every time I wear a skirt/dress and heels, I noticed more men hold the door open for me. I guess they think I'm important. LOL

Edit: This is related, and I thought it was a great video and article!

Rennie, good luck with your fast today! It will be worth it to get back on track. Don't forget, you have a challenge to win! :P

Saw the 191s today! Only .4 loss from last week but that is actually fantastic considering my current workouts. I also managed to reduce my snacking on fast days and I think I was much closer to 500 calories yesterday than I usually am, without counting or weighing. Picked up some healthy snacks for this weekend and smoothie for lunch today

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-11-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #285  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I have had a few not so good evenings. My last fast day that yielded the two pound gain kinda bummed me out and I ate. -- Back OP today though!

Son played two baseball games, unfortunately they lost both of them

Tonight is my first night back to doing aerobics since I injured my knee two months ago. I hope I can do it!!