Old 07-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Sum maybe if you don't think of it as 10lbs more and just say I have five lbs to go. I don't know who I was talking to on here but when they said that to me with regards to wanting to get to 150-155 so bad it just made since. If I try to think of it as just getting to the next 5 or 0 of the closes number it's not so bad. So focus on getting to 140, to it not passed it just yet and it may mentally make it a tad better, idk, just a thought You've made suggestions that have helped me so Ms. Lady take some of your advice. Your trip is in Sept right. Join my son and I on the 15lbs. It's 1.5 a week I think (according to the weigh in chart we made) some of the weeks may have two weigh ins because of when the first of the month falls. But still 8 weeks is 12lbs at 1.5 a week boy wouldn't I love to do that and you can to

Thanks noname it is so doable for you and I sure hope you see it and are in a new decade by next Friday My issue with yesterday is the calories/carbs were mindless and without nutrition. And honestly by last night I was starving) mentally of course. But I could have eaten anything. But I am so proud of myself for not taking the meat off of my daughters pizza. She will usually take the meat off the slices of the meat pizza after the cheese pizza is gone and give it to me and she did offer but I said nope put it in the box I honestly think that doing this with my son is gonna make it happen for me. There are a few ladies on my daily weigh in thread doing this with me/us. I'm excited. I love doing 5:2 with you and Sum when I can keep my head on straight

jayavery to the thread and thank you for your post. ... on your weight loss, WOW you've done great. How long have you been on your journey? Would you mind posting a few menu's for the week? How many calories do you eat on a regular/up day? And what do you eat on your fast day? Are you able to keep it at 500 calories?
No Problem. Some are going to scoff and say I eat too little and not the right foods but it works for me and allows me my weekend freedom's. On my up days of Tuesday and Thursday usually I eat for BK: 2 "I can't believe it's not butter" toast w/ Coffee and 2 Mini Moo's for creamer w/ Splenda. Lunch is usually a deli sandwich I make at home w/ FF cheese and Pop Chips. These chips are baked and not fried so the calories are only about 90 per bag. For dinner as I cook for hubby and this goes for the 500 calorie days and the up days, I eat what he eats only smaller portion's. 4-6 oz of meat. Chicken, Steak or Pork. With the exception of Hamburgers out we don't really eat beef at home aside from the occasional steak. And that is mostly a summer grill thing. As a side it's either a baked potato with FF butter and sour cream and or cheese or a side romaine salad. On 500 calorie days (500-550) I skip BK and Lunch. I average about 1200 Cal's on the up days as my maintenance calories for my height and weight are (depending on what web site) are 1256 to 1500 calories a day. I don't eat or care for fruits and vegetables I am afraid so I eat a lot of the same things because my tastes don't vary much and it's easier. I started my journey Jan 1st 2013 and reached my goal of 135 March 1st 2014. I got a bit obsessed and continued until 120 and now I play with 120-125. I have been as low as 117 but at 125 people were making jokes that I needed to eat or that I was too skinny. I am medium frame so I can look 10-15lbs lighter. Please note this is how I eat and it fits in my lifestyle. I am aware it's not of textbook health standards. However my Osteoarthritis has disappeared. My BP has decreased from the 150's to about 108/71 now. My resting heart rate is of an "athlete" of 52 and my physical checks out healthier than when I was 20. However....Someone who follows a 5:2 Plan or even a 4:3 plan with healthier choices and protein I believe would be able to lose and maintain for a lifetime and reap the health rewards easily.
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #227  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

jayavery, I too eat about the same as you. Though I like a ton of veggies. Some days are just lower than they should be but I am content. And fast days I can't seem to stay within range either. I am just having a hard time finding the correct balance. How many carbs are in the pop chips? I bought some sweet potato and beet chips today, 16 carbs, 160 cal, 10g sodium for 15 chips. I have to watch carbs due to diabetes. I'm happy for you. You have done wonderfully IMO on this journey. You found what works for you and you worked it, GO YOU
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #228  
~Rennie

Happy 4th

new low today 157.2
Old 07-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #229  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome jajavery! I'm so glad this is working for you. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story

Rennie, great job this week! Looks like you are well on your way to beat your challenge.

192 this morning. I was shocked! 4.4 pounds this week. I would guess half of that was water weight since i was 194 before vacation, but even two pounds in a week is high for me. Now, to enjoy the weekend without completely undoing the hard work happy fourth!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #230  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happy 4th to all!! Any big plans?

jajavery Welcome!! It is nice to read all the success stories.

Noname woot on your 4+ pound loss, that is awesome!!

Rennie A new low!!! How exciting for you! Your little cometition is working.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #231  
Fat to Fab and Fit

No plans for us for the 4th. We live almost in downtown in our community, so we will walk down to watch the fireworks. We did that last year and it was fun. Everybody was out.

I lost 1.2 pounds last week. Better a loss than a gain. I wanted to be at or below 140 today , but it did not happen. Noname I eat at night out of boredom. Even after fast days I am usually pretty full after dinner, but then the boredom kicks in....

So this week's goal is to stop all snacking. Or have my nightly popsicle and that's it. Goal is to get to 139 by next Friday. A long term goal is to lose 11.8 pounds before September 5th, my trip to Finland.

I will prolly start working out at nights too...that usually keeps my hunger away.

Next week I need to find an apartment for my son, he did not get into the dorms. He is kinda excited over the apartment anyways... I am not getting anything fancy. He is a college kids. He will be sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with two other boys. -- Funny thing.. he will start college and a day later we are off to our vacation. Talk about kicking your kid out

Again happy Fourth Ladies, stay safe!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #232  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Happy to report that I stayed OP yesterday!! Once I get a day or two OP days behind me, it will get easier...just cutting the binge cycle is hard.

I still not get below 140...I was 140 exact Tomorrow will be the day.

Today is a normal eating day.

Meals
B - nuts and seeds, Greek yogurt
L - Grilled chicken salad
D - ahi tuna, asparagus, salad
S - TBD

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk; 65-70 min
4.9 mile treadmill; 65 min
weights; 45 min
Old 07-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #233  
~Rennie

Thanks noname I sure hope so though I ate completely off plan yesterday afternoon and had an up on the scale this morning I've been OP today ... on 4.4lbs down in a week, my goodness I'd be overly excited GO YOU I'm hoping not to undo my work either ... I've got to have a good weigh in Monday or I will kick myself

Thanks Sum to beat my competitive son is definitely gonna be worth it He is very very competitive. It certainly means I will have to bring my all to even come close to winning Aw that's funny how timing is working for you all with college and vacation. But it's a good funny What kind of Popsicle do you eat at night. Yay for staying OP yesterday

Today I have had

B ~ low carb tortilla toasted w/ grass fed garlic and herb butter, one egg w/cheese
S ~ small piece of the kids cookie type brownie and a bit of a pistachio cupcake (don't know how to add this up)
L ~ none
D ~ grapefruit, grapes and watermelon (I had planned a taco dinner but every one is full from fruit) so taco dinner tomorrow

So I guess this is a low day since I don't know how to add the junk in. I was going to do a fast tomorrow. But that hasn't worked for me in the past so I will probably have a shake before church so my stomach isn't grumbling, a salad for lunch and tilapia and broccoli w/ cheese for dinner I need to add that up to make sure it's not too low.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #234  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Been stuck around 170 for what seems like aaaaaaages. I've just been away from home and thus my scale and easy to make good foods. I didn't do too badly eating while away but I am about to bite my nails to the beds over what the scale will say about that tomorrow.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #235  
~Rennie

MauiKai, don't do that just use tomorrow as a new start if you don't see what you would like I'm hoping for a good number for you
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #236  
Aloha nui loa

Well it worked out ok I guess, no change, still exactly 170.0.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #237  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Woot! Woot! Under 140! If I can keep this mojo going, I will do great this month. I do feel very motivated.

Today's plan:

Meals
B -- Green Tea
L -- Fruit smoothie w/protein
D -- Pesto chicken, rice, veggie
S -- Popsicle

Exercise
3.5 mile treadmill walk -- 45 min
4.7 mile pup walk -- 75 min

Weight
Down 1.6 lbs
Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #238  
Fat to Fab and Fit

MauiKai Your scale needs a good kick in its butt! Drink tons of water today. What's you plan for today?

Rennie Are you fasting today?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #239  
Aloha nui loa

Fasting day. Fruit veg smoothie for breakfast, no lunch, unless I get desperate and maybe then a greek yogurt. Dinner will be veggies and turkey tonight I think.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #240  
Fat to Fab and Fit

That sounds yummy. The fasting gets easier, more you do it. And a day after a fast I am usually not hungry at all.

I think I am going to change my fasting days again to Sun and Thr. Better spaced out. I fasted on Wed and now it feels like it has been ages since my fast day. The only bummer is; those days are really easy days to fast because of me being away from home....decisions, decisions... maybe I do Mon and Thr.... talking to myself here ...