Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #106  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura,Ceejay & Shad ~ HELLO

Jollygirl ~ Welcome to the thread

Susie ~ Okay I'll check and see if they have Walk Away The Pounds at our walmart, Thanks for the advice

Happy ~ Thanks for telling me more about WATP, I will get a combo dvd.

I walked twice today even though I am fighting a cold, I didnt want my cold to get in the way of my walking. I hope my cold passes soon though.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All...

I was offered the sales job for insurance however I declined it after finding out more about the company and their procedures. It just isn't me to push and prod people for sales. It is one of those when you visit someone to sell them the supplemental insurance, they have to decide that very minute and don't give them any time to think about it. To me that is BS, pushy and too much pressure on someone. I am not like that. I would not have succeeded. Back to the drawing board. bleh.

I told Curtis during my melt down last night that I feel pressured to find a decent job with insurance. He said well don't. What do you want to do? I said be a stay at home Nanna. He said so be one. Sweet but I think I would go stir crazy and feel like I am not contributing. So taking my time to figure it out. Man.

I will try to get back and do personals later this week or weekend. C is home today and we are going to the bank to see about maybe refinancing my house.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thank God and Greyhound she's gone. I'm ready for me to be alone in my own space again. She mentioned last night about if I were sleeping okay in my bed. I said yes I am. Then she wanted to turn the heat up, I said no. It's where I need it for my sinuses and I'm not budging. She wanted to know what I wanted for dinner. I said I'm eating a bowl of cereal--My stomach was bothering me.

Michelle
I could say no to her not going to Branson. I'm just going to make some rules. Cause she is going to get a rude awakening when she meets my sister's children. They will not take anything off her. Plus she's already paid her part for the reservation. I could give it back.

I'll be back. Time for me to go downstairs for my 10 o'clock readings.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #109  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I'm making some good progress on the website, and even though I'm still doing testing and fine tuning, I sent the URL off to my manager for her and others to review. I still have plenty to keep me busy to get it all ready by the end of the month.

D arrived safely home yesterday and felt well enough to go to work last night. His leg pain had eased up substantially.

Yoga class got canceled at the last minute due to the instructor's husband having to go to the hospital. When I got the news, I had already driven the 15 miles to get to class in Palo Alto, and my teleconference book club with my Wisconsin friends was just about to start. When I go to yoga in Palo Alto on Tuesdays, I take my book club call in my car and then yoga is after book club. So at 6 pm, I learned no yoga. I decided to stay in Palo Alto and do the call from my car as usual rather than try and do the book club call while fighting traffic heading to San Jose. It worked out well. After the call was over the traffic heading to San Jose was very light.

=======================

Shad - Good on ya' for getting so much done! That's how my day was too. There were a couple fixes I had no idea how to accomplish, but with a few brief rounds of trial and error, I got them working. Like you, I expect that plenty of tasks will find their way back to my desk before go live. I agree with what you said to Laura, with all our hard work, you'd think we'd get more results. With all the butt kicking you're doing, maybe it's good that your hearing aid went dead...that way you don't have to listen to their whinging. I think it would be cool to see Will & Kate, but like you, I hate crowds of pushy people, especially pushy mums with strollers (they drive those things like a bulldozer).

Susie - Sad news about the passing of your director's father. I'm sure he appreciates your rearranging his schedule. So nice that you get a 4 day weekend! I hope you're able to get in to see the orthopedist soon so you can get some pain relief. That's so nice that TOPS has so many recognitions.

Terra - I hope you're feeling better today.

Annie - I was wondering if the insurance sales would be high pressure. I think you're right in declining the offer. Is there any way you can find a happy medium so you don't have to completely give up stay at home Nanna. Maybe something part-time? Or something where you work from home? Have you checked http://indianapolis.craigslist.org? I took a brief look and they seem to have a variety of jobs posted there. Good luck at the bank today. I hope you're able to refi.

Ceejay - Just make sure your friend/houseguest is FULLY aware of the "rules" before your trip. Remember this is YOUR vacation. YOU are going there to RELAX and ENJOY time with family. Honestly, if it were me, I'd give her the money back and say that I really want/need to spend quality family time with my sister and her family. But it's your decision, of course. I'd just hate to see her pushy-ness ruin your vacation.

to Laura!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #110  

Good morning everyone!

Michelle and Shad - fiber and good teeth, huh? Good ones! It really is a combo of PMS and just needing to get back in a routine. I'm all out of sync.

Happy - law school is done! That is part of the stress. Now I need to figure out how to be an attorney!!

Well, here's to better days. Have a good one, everyone!
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #111  
Creating a Healthier Me

Jolly - I know that menopause has gotten a bad rap, and hot flashes are no fun...but, at least for me, one of the best parts of menopause is NO MORE PMS. I know that doesn't help you right now though. But I also know you well enough to be able to say that when you ARE in a routine...you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. Just look how you got through law school! Jollygirl, you can totally ROCK this...just keep moving and work yourself back to healthy eating...and if you must munch, make healthier choices. Your dedication has inspired me for years!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #112  

Height: 5'7"

I just found out my treadmill will not be delivered until May 1

I am a bit ticked off! But I did get a 10% discount off, so it saves me $85.00.

Oh well..I will have the room done and the tv will be in there so I can do my DVD workouts in there and it is starting to get nice so DH and I can walk in the evening. This is for DH as much as me. I need to get that man moving!

I'll try to post personals tonight.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #113  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Jollygirl – Between eating and exercise, the eating part is harder for me. Sometimes I wonder if I’m too attached to snacks. Not the snacks themselves (because I love everything), but the concept of eating between meals. I know it’s good to keep the metabolism going, but the fact that I’m always eating - it’s always on my mind. Maybe just sticking with meals only would be easier...

Happy – Wish I’d seen the eclipse, or even just a clear dark sky in which to see some stars. I have to get away from the city sometime to do that. Gosh, I hope you didn’t get the snow you mentioned!!! Was it your last PT session yesterday? Are you able to do the movements to deal with the vertigo on your own? No, I didn’t see August: Osage County. It has a great cast, but like Susie commented – I heard it was not a “feel good” movie. I have to be in the mood for that type of thing. I think we have it on a dvd that I got from our movie group organizer. Dunno how she gets them, don’t want to know. Though some are screeners – “for your consideration” periodically scrolls across the screen. RE my challenges – it isn’t the challenges that made me so sore last week, it was the LA Fitness class I took – “Body Works plus Abs”. Tons and tons of squats, plies, & lunges. Yup, I skipped that class this week, haha.

Michelle – I’m glad D is feeling better and got back home just fine yesterday. How did he get so dehydrated? Sorry the treadmill walking did a job on your back. It would probably be a good thing to get to class early enough to get the elliptical or the bike. I realized I have to get to my classes at the gym earlier because when I end up on the sides of the room, it’s harder to see the instructor. Today’s day 20 of the plank challenge. From now on, it’s going to be sooo hard, but I’m going to try and just have the attitude that I’m just going to give it my all for that time. I’m glad you were feeling more optimistic yesterday and hope it continues. I think a jumpstart would be a motivator, but just being successful with one thing for a period of time could also be something that builds confidence. I’m going to try that with getting in my water.

Ceejay – I’m glad your friend went home today. Good for you standing up to her! I hope you don’t let her come along on your trip to Branson if that’s not what you really want – I say pay her back for the reservation. It would be worth it for your sanity and enjoyment of the trip.

Shad – If I were really giving both eating and exercise my “all” (or even “some”, LOL) and not experience progress, I would definitely be ticked off. Especially since I’ve experienced positive results from my efforts in the past. But lately I haven’t been doing well and I know it’s due to a lack of effort on my part. I know that and I think I’m finally ready to pull out of this funk I’m in. I hope you get your hearing aid back soon!!

Susie – How nice you have a long holiday weekend to enjoy! I hope the weather cooperates for you. You must be anxious to get the painting done and get on with the rest of your fitness room! Sorry to hear your foot is hurting you. Foot pain is definitely no fun. I had a bout of plantar fasciitis a couple years ago in my left foot and it took a while to resolve itself. Well, it didn’t resolve itself, I had a cortisone shot and that did the trick. In the meantime, my work commute was rather difficult because I normally walk part of it. On the positive side, I did take an aqua fitness class during this period and learned that that kind of class is a good workout! Anyway, I hope your doc can help you with both your foot and your knee. I look forward to hearing how you like Captain America.

Terra – I hope you find the WATP video at Walmart. If your area’s anything like mine, relying on decent weather for outdoor activities such as walking, cookouts, etc. can be hopeless. Better to have an alternate plan indoors.

Annie – Congrats on the job offer. Too bad it wasn’t anything you’d enjoy. But I’m sure you’ll find something more to your liking. Don’t despair!! In the meantime, try to enjoy the extra time you have, though I know you're likely filling it up very easily and are busy all the time!!! I hope a refi on your house will work out – saving money is always a good thing.

==
Just finished a useless meeting. Not sure why it was scheduled – the info was partially covered in a meeting last week, and the rest could have been added to a meeting we’re having next week. Sigh.

Last night was nothing special. We decided to grill some Italian sausage and I tried to watch bf so I can use the gas grill myself. I wasn’t too thrilled when the grill didn’t flame up right away but instead burst out after gas had apparently built up - yikes. Bf said it normally doesn’t do that…it was the first time using it since last fall…huh. Doesn’t make me enthusiastic to try that on my own.

Bf has been suffering a nasty chest cold with a lot of coughing. I think he’s slowly getting better, but now I have some crud in my throat. Bleh. Hope I don’t get it as severely as he did.

My dumbbell rack arrived at Walmart yesterday and bf picked it up. Maybe he’ll assemble it today. Hopefully before I get home, so I don’t have to hear cursing over the quality of the instructions or parts that don’t want to fit together easily, haha.

Leaving work a bit early today for my annual physical. I have my BP monitor's report printed and ready.

Okay, posting before any more interruptions!!! TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #114  

Susie, bummer about the delay in receiving the treadmill!! Good you have alternate plans though.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #115  

I've been contemplating about telling her my plans have changed. And they really have. Remember the guy from high school I've mentioned earlier. He's wanting to get together again. And I hate to leave her with my sister. I'd gladly give her the money back. And I'm going to also tell her that she will be responsible for her own snacks what not. I'm not paying for them and I'm not allowing my sis to do so. Snacks are one thing that sis doesn't have in the house
Old 04-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #116  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Dull, bleak, grey and cool. That's been us for the past week or so and it doesn't look like getting any better any time soon. Thought it might have cleared up now that the Royals have gone.

Yesterday as I said, the work went fine. I fined tuned and crossed a couple of things off my list. Then it all came back to bite me again. Will I ever get rid of this legacy document. Will it ever be finished. Will I ever finish with the Planned Outage stuff or the Interactive correspondence stuff. Will I ever get anyone to sign off the Service Order overview. It's like a long running saga.

The hearing aid people rang yesterday, quote to fix the hearing aid is $200+. Geez man. Hope the bloody thing works just fine when I get it back.

I was planning on going to the South Island for Easter. The weather forecast is not good for the whole weekend. The rain doesn't stop me. Wind and rain would. If it is just raining and not blowing the Marlborough Sounds can look magnificent, but it won't be good walking on the trails, I won't get to Nelson or the West Coast or any of the other places I wanted to visit. So I may just have to stay home and visit the rellies. Suppose I should see what they are doing for the long weekend.

Michelle - It's so nice when the program begins to come together and you start to understand what goes where, what works, and what needs tweaking.
Glad to hear that D got home okay and is on the improve. It wasn't so much the pushy mums and strollers, although God forbid that they come into contact with my ankles, it's the fact that people were lining up from 6am in the one place where they would be able see them. And it was a small area. It seems Royal tours are no longer for the people, they are politically motivated and the timetables are set to the last 30secs. Heaven forbid that they be late to meet the next mayor, mayoral candidate or prime minister. This means there is very little time to meet and greet with HM's loyal subjects. This walkabout in Wellington was limited to 15 minutes, squashed in between the visit to the Police College where they met and cuddled some adorable puppies - bound for police dog duty and some fully functioning police dogs. They were actually there to honour those police who have given their lives in the line of duty - including a couple of dogs. However I think Kate would have preferred to stay cuddling the pups and scratching the head of Hero, the big police dog. Think his name was Hero. But I digress, between the Police College and the plane to take them to Australia, they had 15 minutes to greet and meet the locals. The same thing happened in Auckland and Christchurch - our three largest cities. The pollies hope they will drum up votes for them, the business people rub their hands with glee as the tills ring constantly when people come to see them. All charities hope to be on the list since it is a great way of getting attention for their work and the people miss out.

Jolly - PMS, well don't envy you that. All yours. Maybe the wood will help with the missing minerals or something.

Susie - You'll be busy redeploying the boss and his life. Sorry to hear that the treadmill won't arrive soon, but May is not that far off. It will arrive soon enough. Hope the foot comes right soon.
I saw a magnificent picture of the blood moon on facebook today. I will copy it tonight and share it on the thread. It's not my picture but I wish I had taken it.
Hope you foot stops hurting soon.

Ceejay - You really are too nice you know. Kick her to the curb. Give her her money back and go away and enjoy yourself with the family and the fella. Good luck with that by the way.

Laura - I've bummed out on the challenge, but intend to start again over the weekend, same as I intend to get back to MFP and log my food. I don't care about the exercise bit of it, since it seems to me to be all wrong. I just want to moderate the portions I am eating and get on with life.
Gas barbeques can be a bit like that. Hope B/F wasn't standing there holding a match to the gas spigot. Has he still got hair on his hands and head?

Annie - Take it quietly for a while and one day at a time. Something will give somewhere and you will find just the job that is waiting for you. Don't limit yourself to insurance, look around and think about what makes you happy. If you are happy in your work, then you never work a day in your life. It's all fun.

I think that is about it for today. Better go have some breakfast before the others arrive and it is time to get back on the adrenaline wagon. Such is life, everytime I think about retirement, someone somewhere raises the retirement age. To think that my Dad retired at 55, and lived a long and happy retirement. I need to work until I am at least 67 and be dead not long after. That's our new and 'improved' world for you.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #117  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Been snowing all bloody day. Over a foot of snow they say. Good news is that it should be melted by the weekend. Just when things were starting to clear. Bad news is this is the wet, heavy stuff. I hope it's a sunny day tomorrow.

Yoga class was cancelled - I would not have ventured out in this anyhow. Had my last session with the physical therapist yesterday. One last adjustment for the vertigo - interestingly it was the other side that was the problem that I did not pick up on. We had a good conversation - I have some exercises to help things as much as they can be helped - not rushing into hip or knee surgery any time soon.

Shad - I hope you don't head into the winds and rain again - I remember from the last time it's quite blustery out your way. Might be Mary Poppins - see you come flying in on an umbrella doing a plié. Good point about the royals being paraded around for publicity - a shame because they are very popular and good for some P.R. for the monarchy. I saw pictures of the police pups - at cute as they are. Don't blame you for not wanting to stand and wait in a crowd for them. Once I stood outside in the wee hours of a Chicago winter's morning to catch a glance at the pope. Did it more for my mate's mum but that was quite difficult even though I was young and at the top of my game. It was really bad as he drove past and all the latecomers pushed and surged forward - we had to lock arms and legs to protect mum from being crushed.

Ceejay - I agree with the others, probably best to refund your friend's money if you can and go to Branson with the family like you planned. She doesn't sound like a good travelling companion and who needs an outsider causing a ruckus?

Jolly - congrats on graduating law school. What is your specialty?

Laura - I hate when the grill won't light and it booms when the gas is built up. Scares me actually. Sometimes little spiders nest in the gas tubes - apparently they think the smell of propane is an aphrodisiac. We'd have to rod the tubes with a pipe cleaner at the start of the season. Till then, let BF man the grill A sure sign of spring is the throat crud and sneezing. Ugh. My sister said all of a sudden spring popped and even though they had snow the other day - trees are budding, grass is greening and I'm sure bulbs are pushing up out of the earth. Thanks for the comment on the movie - I'm debating about it.

Susie - bummer on the treadmill delay but it's just a couple of weeks - gives you time to put the finishing touches in the room. Are you building a platform for it or putting it on tile or carpet? I didn't realize that TOPS did so much in regards to people's weight loss. Would be nice to get national recognition. I hope you can convince DH to get moving with you. How is he doing health wise?

Michelle - that's a shame you drove out to find your yoga class was cancelled but at least you could take your call and got to wait out the heavier traffic. I'm glad your web renovations are coming along nicely. They sure got you working fast and hard quickly! As long as they don't dish it out faster than you can keep up with it - they everyone can do their job nicely! I'm glad you found a place you are happy with.

Annie - I'm sorry the job didn't work out. It sounds like something that would be very, VERY stressful. I don't like the put you on the spot decisions either. I think you were wise to say no. I think you'd be bored too very quickly as you are always doing something - I am reminded of you restocking CVS practically by yourself Just take your time - I know exactly how you feel - when I knew my job was going away - I had 6 months time to find something else but I felt enormously pressured and was hyper sensitive to anything that happened. It was awful. I think it's wonderful that C is supporting you and he's right - no matter what, you WILL find a way to make things happen. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes things have to occur which shape your decision. Just trust...

Terra - good for you for walking when you are feeling a bit sick. Sometimes the fresh air will clear up the stuffy nose. No excuses - we are proud of you.

Tomorrow morning is trash pick up - not sure it's worth trying to haul the bin to the end of the driveway. I'm sure we will get a call that they are delaying things one day although that call might not happen until tomorrow and pick up is around 6am. Usually when we get this much snow - as we did 2 weeks ago - everything is delayed.

In any event I should gather the trash just in case and figure out something for supper. Bye for now...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #118  

Hey Annie
Just a thought but have you thought about filing insurance in say like a hospital, dr's office etc or even filing claims for those who've had wrecks etc. I know it would be a bit different. I would love to do that when I retire. But it's okay if you want to be a Nana. You deserve it.

Susie
Looks like things are coming together in the new exercise room. And after this work week you deserve the week end. Hope your foot feels better

Shad
I'm learning how to say no and not to be taken advantage of but it's been a long hard road. Hope work gets better.

Laura
I'm way behind on the challenges with the domineering/overbearing company. But the last couple of day's that she was there I held my own and at least did my yoga and slept in my bed. It felt good to stretch and have some ME time.

Happy
I can't believe that you have gotten more snow. Will they open the new thrift store soon?

-----------------
Believe it or not I'm smelling paint which is a good sign for the progress of the tank. I'll be so glad to get back to normal.
Oh forgot to mention that my friend/boss told me today that he'd talked to the main person in charge of our license. I was really concerned about B not passing his test.
I'm going to work in the shed this week end and mow the lawn again. All this rain has really made it grow.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-16-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #119  

Good morning all. I'm sitting here, feeling frustrated at work due to a high amount of unanswerable questions, and wanting to go get food. I know food won't fix it. But the urge is there.

I have found that the fabulous protein smoothie recipe Michelle gave me a while back, that mimics a frappe, does help with some of the cravings. Gotta just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #120  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I'm going to have to keep this short and sweet (like me! LOL). Our webhost had an issue yesterday that brought them to their knees for several hours causing the millions of websites hosted there to be inaccessible from both the backend (developers could not work on them) and the front end (visitors couldn't access them). As it only affected a couple of website hosting companies, I wouldn't be surprised if none of you noticed, but I (and my bosses) sure did. And since I was not able to work on the website for over half of the work day yesterday, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

D, his brother and I went out for dinner last night and then D and I went for a walk. So nice to have him home.

==============================

Happy - I hope this is the last of the snow for you. I was talking with a friend of mine in WI, and she and I agreed...I did pick the right year to move to CA. I can't believe I've been here almost a year.

Annie - Happy Anniversary to you and C. I'm so glad you both found each other. You both deserve happiness and love, and you've found it with each other.

Ceejay - I'm glad the tank is making progress. Good on ya for getting stuff done in your shed and yard.

Jolly - I totally understand the urge about turning to food due to frustration. I was so frustrated yesterday over not being able to do my work, that I did turn to one of those fun-size chocolate bars. And it didn't solve anything...or even relieve my frustration. Just made me more frustrated with myself. But I ate healthy last night and today is a new day and I can make better choices. I gave you a fabulous smoothie recipe?? Please share! I don't know if you know this, but I have C.R.S. (can't remember...excrement). I do not remember that smoothie recipe.

A big to all my lovely friends...I'll check back later or tonight.

Much love to all,