Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quickie for me - I have some things to do this morning.

Susie - you could have bursitis in your foot. The bursa sac is located in your foot below the little toe. That's what got badly inflamed for me when I was doing all that standing working at the popcorn shop. I had to have 2 cortisone injections to get the inflammation down. I would cold and hot soak my foot - nothing helped. A good podiatrist can feel your foot and tell right away if that's the issue. The pain was right below my little toe joint on the outside of my foot.

The Lee Comfort pants come in several colors - shades of brown, black, khaki - you could use them as work pants.

Gotta run now - back later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #137  

Hello worldlies.

I did another 3 min. plank yesterday but put my pushups off until this morning. I also went to Jazzercise class this morning. I came home, took a shower, got a load of laundry going and went out to buy the gift card for D's birthday and also to try and find a little gag type gift. All I ended up with was a button for her to wear during dinner. After I got back it was more laundry and some outdoor time with doggy in the yard. Later on I took him for a walk and then had a late lunch of a frozen entree. I do confess I've been snacking on and off all day long. Bah.

Not much more time until I have to get ready for tonight. Better get going. Not up for doing my plank today - might double up tomorrow. Yikes! I'm swapping my pushups out for tomorrow, which was supposed to be a rest day.

Off I go. Back tomorrow!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-19-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I'm impressed with you 3 minute planks.

Susie
Glad you have alg back in place. My trip to Branson is May 1-5.

Happy
hope the donations start coming in for the Thrift store.
-------
Guess I'm staying up later than I should, but it's only 10 p.m. Don't hear the uncles t.v. so they've gone to bed/asleep.
I'm still fretting over this trip with the friend. but I've made my bed so I'll have to deal with it. I need to confirm some information before I make final decisions.
nighty night. I'm sleepy

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-19-2014 at 11:19 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #139  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Michelle ~ Yes Im feeling better today, Im not 100% yet but Im getting better with each passing day.

Laura ~ Yeah Im looking forward to buying WATP DVD at Walmart, Yeah if I cant walk outside then I make sure to walk inside., Yeah I've been walking in the sunshine.

Happy ~ I didnt know the air can clear up a stuffy nose, Thats neat.

Susie ~ HI

Ceejay ~ HELLO

I have been keeping up with my walking even with my cold so Im proud of myself
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #140  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It's 1.30am here and I can't sleep damn it all.

What's with that - dunno. Too much time on my hands maybe. Too much rest and relaxation maybe. Who knows.

Susie - sorry to hear about the foot. Sore feet are no joke. Hope you can find an answer soon.

Ceejay - hope you work out your dilemma shortly. Must be frazzling.

Laura - started my push up and abs challenges again. Now at the first rest day. You are doing well with the planks. 3 mins is a long time when you are holding your weight on your arms.

Terra glad to hear you are feeling better.

Guess I had better find something else to do. Not doing much for the insomnia sitting on this thing.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #141  
Choose your hard

Morning everyone,

I had a successful shopping trip yesterday. Our JC Penney store is closing and they are selling off their store fixtures so DH and I headed out to take a look. Bought a number of items, will have to pick them up in a week and get them to the new place (thrift shop). We also had a very successful planning meeting on Friday. Things are moving along.

We had a late lunch and brought home half of it so that made for our dinner snack. Last 2 days we have been eating light so I am totally ready for Easter brunch today. I have some potatoes baking in the oven now - will set them out to cool before we leave and I have a small ham to make later for a light supper. It's going to be 60 degrees today - not sure it will get that high - we still have lots of snow and the warm temps and snow combine to make foggy conditions. Sure is nice to see spring at last.

Today marks 10 years ago that I quit smoking. It's an important anniversary that I'm glad to see - means (hopefully) that my body has recovered a lot from the damage I did to it all those years ago and I am approaching medical stats comparable to someone who never smoked - although I'd be foolish to think that I'll ever be completely clean.

Terra - yep, for some reason the nose clears when you're outside, however it stuffs back up once you go back in the house. Hope you are feeling better!

Shad - nice to hear you have a welcome break from work. Certainly the days ahead will be chaotic with go live. Hope you can break in the new boots - don't care if they are mens or womens - as long as they are comfy especially for long treks. Womens boots are more fashionable, not so big on the comforts. Have a good time with the family - are you doing Easter dinner or just a get together? Brunch today is breakfast foods and light salads so no big danger in the calorie department - I hope.

Laura - a 3 minute plank???? I'm totally impressed!!!

Susie - hope your foot is feeling better - don't push it too hard if walking makes it worse. Find another podiatrist. Nice that the exercise room is all finished and ready for the last of the equipment.

Michelle - I had such a laugh when I read your post - have this vision of you sitting in a room with George Burns and Jack Benny playing poker with the guys. And just for fun Billy Crystal too. You certainly must be the odd (wo)man out

Annie and Jolly.

Guess I'd better go get prettied up (difficult task ) if I want brunch. Happy Easter ladies - have a great day.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #142  
Choose your hard

Shad - sorry to hear about the insomnia. I can totally see where someone who is always on the go like you would have trouble sitting still. Perhaps the naps the other day interfered with the sleep - hate when that happens.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #143  

Morning all. Happy Easter.

Happy, I hope you and dh enjoy the buffet and your light dinner later. I wouldn’t have minded having a quiet holiday today with just bf, but he hasn’t seen his nieces for a while, so we’ll be off to his brother’s house early this afternoon. I’m glad it’s nice out – we plan to escape the chaos indoors and spend time outside on their deck. Great job getting some store fixtures from JCP – that’ll really help get the new shop location up and going. Thanks for the idea for the gag gifts. I ended up buying the button for D, but like an idiot, I forgot to even pin it on her when we got to the restaurant. Duh. I guess I can just return it. Big congrats and happy anniversary for your 10 years of non-smoking. What a huge accomplishment given what a tough habit that is to quit. Awesome!!!

Michelle – We don’t get a holiday for Good Friday in our US offices either. Because of the diversity here, we get two floating holidays per year to use however we wish. That said, the big boss did end up announcing Friday that we could leave at 3:00 pm to start our holiday. Usually we only do that before an actual company holiday like the Memorial or Labor Day weekends, etc. I hope you enjoyed your poker night – must be funny being the only female at the table! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Re the challenges – no abs of steel for me, but even not doing focused strength training on my core and thighs, I can definitely tell they’re stronger/firmer just from the challenges. Not bad for something that only takes about 5 minutes per day(right now). Both the planks and the pushups force you to contract everything to keep proper form.

Shad – It’s probably almost your Monday now – hope the go live is going well over the long weekend. So nice you have a 4-day holiday. I’m sure not in the mood to go back to work tomorrow... I’m short on sleep right now and also a bit sore from Jazzercise yesterday. Re shoes – my mother wears men’s sneakers to fit her wide feet, and I bought a pair of men’s casual shoes not long ago. The extra width is needed, and sometimes I actually like some of the men’s styles. How do the new boots feel, or haven’t you had a chance to wear them yet? Good for you getting back to the challenges. I now find the plank challenge much more difficult than the pushup one now that the time is well over 2 min.

Ceejay – I hope your Branson plans work out nicely for you, even if your friend ultimately comes along with you. Are you working today??

Susie – I’m so sorry you foot is hurting you so much. In the past I’ve seen two podiatrists and neither have really impressed me. I sure hope I don’t have to deal with more foot problems, but if I did I’d probably seek out a different one. Though I do admit that my custom orthotics do provide good support for me.

Terra – Glad you’re feeling better each day. I am too, but I’m sure inadequate sleep the past several days isn’t helping me any. Anyway – bravo to you for keeping up with your walking in spite of not being 100%!!

Hi Annie!! Hope you're having a lovely Easter!

===
The bday dinner was nice. Bf and I both had steak sandwiches and enjoyed them, and we ended up taking home most of the homemade potato chips that came on the side. After the dinner, we went back to the hotel my friend D had booked for an overnight stay. We had bday cake in the breakfast area, then eight of us went up to her room and we played the game Catch Phrase, though we didn't keep score. That was fun. I didn't drink at all and bf had a couple beers, but that was it. I'm glad I didn't drink, I just feel better if I don't, especially if I were going to have more than 1 or 2 drinks.

I ended up doing my plank after we got home last night, just to get it out of the way. There's a longer one today. I'll tackle that later.

I woke up too early today after a late bedtime last night. I'm not in the mood to do a family Easter dinner, but I guess I better get myself washed and dressed. TTFN!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick pop in to say Happy Easter to all my peeps! I hope you are all having a lovely day. I'll be back later in the afternoon to do personals.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #145  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Easter Day all. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #146  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Easter everyone.

We had a lovely service at church this morning and then had lunch with my brother, his partner and my nephews. When I am with them I just feel so happy.

DH got me a small Easter Basket. I LOVE peeps and so he got me a package of them as well as an I tunes card so I can download new workout music.

I haven't been tempted by the peeps at all. I had two and told myself I can have 2 more after Thursday's weigh-in.

I can't remember if I mentioned that at TOPS weigh-in on Thursday I had a 2 lb loss.

Happy: Congratulations on your 10 year milestone of no smoking! That is really something! My brother was a smoker and said it was one of the hardest things he has ever done. You did something very, very good for yourself.

Thanks for sharing what your bursitis felt like. I'm sure going to try to get into my ortho and see what he says.

Annie: Happy Easter to you too! I hope you had a lovely day.

Michelle: Happy Easter to you too! I hope your day was also a lovely day!

Shad: Sorry to hear about the insomnia. Hopefully it is just an occasional thing and you are able to get a good nights sleep soon.

Terra: Good for you for keeping up with the walking. I have always heard it is ok to exercise if your symptoms are above the neck. Hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Laura: How did the Easter lunch go with DH's family?

Ceejay: don't fret over the trip. Just make up your mind to have a good time and not compromise on the things you want to do.

See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've asked my high school friend if it would be okay to bring along a friend and my sis. He knows my sis. I told him sis is my tour guide. If he says no then maybe he will come get me.
Had lunch with my aunt and uncle and one of my cousin's family. A very nice time.

My co-worker sent me a text this morning. Some man ran into a utility pole and it broke into this morning at 5 a.m. Transformer was dangling. He left the vehicle. The police had to be called to have the vehicle moved. He came back to get papers out of the vehicle and police arrested him. It was a rental car too. She made a picture of the pole. This happened in front of the water plant. Glad I wasn't at work.
-------------
Happy
At first I thought you were making purchase for yourself. But that's a good idea for the thrift store. Did you get any racks? I wonder if all the Penny's store's are going out of business.
Happy Anniversary on breaking the cig habit. That's a big deal.

Susie
Congrats on those pounds lost. For some reason I've lost my mojo again. And yes I am going to have a good time in Branson regardless of the circumstances. It's always good for me to be around family too on holiday's.

Shad
Hope the insomnia goes away.

Happy Easter to every one.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:17 AM   #148  
Turning Into A New Woman

Shad ~ Yeah Im glad Im finally feeling better

Happy ~ Yeah I found that out when I came back inside my nose got stuffed up again, Grrrr....Oh well though

Laura ~ Why are you having problems sleeping? Just curious, I hope your sleep gets better, Yeah I finally feel 100% better.

Susie ~ Yeah I agree that its okay to still work out if your symptoms are above the neck.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #149  

Morning ladies. Monday is not starting out well at all. The admin asst just told me she’s handing in her 2-week notice today. Aaargh.

Terra – I don’t really have trouble sleeping, it’s just when I get up around 6 am during the workweek, it’s hard for me to sleep later on the weekends, even if I have a late night out. My body is just accustomed to getting up at the same time. Sometimes I try to “sleep in”, but I hate just lying in bed awake. Sometimes I do better if I go in the living room and watch some tv or read – after a while I might feel sleepy again and be able to nap for a bit.

Ceejay – Glad you had a nice time w/ the uncles and cousins. I know you’ll have a nice time on your vacation no matter how the arrangements work out – you seem very determined to do those things you want to do!!

Susie – I’m glad you had a nice Easter at church and with your brother & his family. Our Easter with bf’s brother & his wife, kids and the wife’s family was pretty nice. There were a few people missing, so it was less chaotic than usual. It was a beautiful day outside and the kids and others were out on the deck quite a bit, so it wasn’t packed inside the house. The meal was good and we went home with two ham bones that we will use to make soup. It’s not really soup weather anymore, but I love soup anytime really! Congrats on your weight loss!!! And good for you not eating those peeps all at once.

Hi Annie – hope you had a lovely Easter. Did you get any outdoor time?

Michelle – How was your Sunday?

Hellos to Happy & Shad.
==
Nothing much to report. When we got home from bf’s brother’s place, I took doggy for a walk and talked to my mother. I did my plank challenge – 210 seconds, that’s 3.5 min. Still thinking the day 30 5 minute plank is just crazy, but we’ll see. I did not do my pushups, so I will have to double up tonight.

We absolutely have to do some shopping tonight after work. I can’t believe I’ve actually been out of foundation for about 3 days now, LOL. My face feels naked, haha. Hope I don’t scare anyone.

Okay, meeting now. Gotta run.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #150  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura ~ My mom is the same way, Even though Tuesday's are her only day off she still cant sleep in pass 5 am, One time she was able to sleep until 8 but she was only able to do that once.

Last edited by Terra1984; 04-22-2014 at 12:14 AM.