Old 03-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #91  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all, I am reading but just not into posting at the moment. I am sorry not to do personals. I am sorry I am sucking the life out of you all and our fine ladies. I am really not feeling sorry for myself, I just don't feel like sharing at the moment. I have applied for about 7 positions and just waiting. Which can be the demise of me. I am very impatient. Two days til Royce. I am excited to see what he will look like as we know everything else about him. Spoiler...probably a 6-7+ lb babe. Visitor coming next week, one of my bffs that lives in Texas Diane, Corpus Christi. Will have to put on my happy face. She will only be here from Sunday to Tuesday as she will be visiting her family in Indy from Wed to Sunday. Really kind of excited as I have not seen her in the past 6 years. Sissy is doing really well. Contractions a couple of times a day but nothing to get overly excited about...just hoping she makes it to Wednesday. Got Chris. DDs SO, a gift card for Texas Roadhouse as his BD is Wednesday same as the arrival of Royce. Kind of strange, my daddy passed in June, we shared the same BD. Now my DDs babe and his daddy will have the same BD...hmmmm, daddy angel trying to communicate with me through births? hahaha.

Have a great day. Will try to be better about posting, however I cannot guarantee.

All my love to you my sisters. Have a wonderful day/ night
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #92  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I understand that you don't feel much like posting. You're going through a lot right now. Some not so good and lots of good too. It's so cool that you're going to be able to help with Jacob while Sissy's delivering Royce. I'm so looking forward to seeing pictures of Royce. And what great timing that you are between jobs so you can spend time with your friend when she comes into town. Sending you lots of love for this exciting and joyous week ahead!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
So good to hear from you. Sometimes I don't feel like posting either. Hang in there. I'm anxiously waiting for picture when Royce gets here.

Michelle
How is Santa doing?

-------
I've mostly been by myself today. Trainee is doing his maintenance jobs today. He's doing better than what I thought he would. He still wanted to help me but they told me to say no so I did.
more later
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #94  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Thanks for asking about Santa. His still holding up his paw sometimes but not as often. And his appetite is definitely back. He is demanding that wet food be mixed with the dry food he's had all his life...so yes, he's spoiled, but he's so worth it. So nice that you don't have to deal with the trainee today.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #95  

Morning all.

Happy – How is the big meltdown going? We’ve had a lot of melting over the past 4 days, but we’re in for a good amount of snow tonight. At least we’re turning the corner...

Michelle – Your hypnosis seminar sounds interesting. Are these normally repeated to "reinforce" the exercises? I’m glad to hear Santa’s appetite is back and his paw seems to be getting better. Your comments re your SIL’s makes me intent on getting on the phone to schedule my mammogram today – just set up the task in my calendar to remind me.

Annie – I understand not wanting to post – sometimes it seems like there’s nothing positive to say. But this week is gonna be exciting for you – the arrival of R. and the visit with your friend from TX. Exciting stuff!! Enjoy and savor and take some pics for us!!

Ceejay – Hope your workweek is moving along. How many more days of this long stretch?

Hellos to Susie, Terra & Shad!!

+++

Enjoying the mild weather we’ve gotten the past few days. I know we’re in for more wintery stuff today, but that’s okay. It’s good enough to know we’re getting more mild temps here and there.

Bf went to the gym last night and then to a friend’s to help out with his new cell phone. I stayed home and did a BE workout (deltoids, biceps, hamstrings and glutes) and a set of pushups. It was a rest day for my challenge, but I wanted to do them anyway.

I’m currently reading the book for book club – Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It’s about the life of a girl/woman in early 1800’s China. Very early in the book, it goes through the footbinding process. Before I even got into it in any depth, I looked online for more about that topic because I didn't really know what it was...and I wished I hadn’t. It totally set me off on the wrong foot with this book – pun intended. I’d like to say that it wasn’t necessary, but of course it is. That’s how life in China was, and otherwise I guess I’m finding the book very interesting with respect to Chinese traditions and the roles of females. Book club is this Saturday. A movie was made based on this book, and we will be watching some of it.

My wallet and purse were delivered yesterday. I will be returning the purse – the strap is too short, and overall, I think the design of the purse would make it difficult for me to quickly grab items out of it – I’m always going into it for a tissue or lip balm, etc. The wallet should be fine.

That’s about it for me. I’m skipping movie night tonight. None of the movies appealed to me. “Endless Love” was chosen. Besides, there’s a happy hour 4-6 tonight to jointly celebrate (1) a job move for someone in our partner department and (2) my boss’s upcoming retirement. Depending on how long I stay, I’ll probably get home later than usual.

Okay, I have to finish my compliance sessions. They’re due tomorrow. They just started assigning them all at once each quarter and all must be completed within the quarter, but in this case they made the announcement in late February and they have a due date of tomorrow. So much for having an entire quarter to do them on your own timeline!! Oh well, enough griping. Back to it.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #96  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

Quick check in for me today. I took Santa to the dog park yesterday after I picked him up from day care. I know he gets to play at day care, but he still enjoys the dog park. He ate a really good dinner and then zonked out. He slept until D got home from playing bridge. When D plays bridge or has to work in the evenings, he always takes Santa for a walk when he gets home, which is usually after I go to bed. I so appreciate that.

So I didn't get to the gym last night, and I probably won't get there tonight because I'm part of a non-fiction book club with my friends from Wisconsin. I know it sounds weird...but it works. We have a conference call on Tuesday evenings to discuss the book chapters we've read. It's so nice to stay in touch with my friends.

I'll try and check in for personals later.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #97  
Annie - Indiana

Here all ok hello to all
Old 03-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Glad all is well in your neck of the woods.

Laura
Did I read correctly, more wintery stuff!!!! It's been a beautiful day full of sunshine here and warmer temps here. Hope it stays that way.

Happy
I must be missing your posts.

Hi to Susie, Terra and Shad.

----
Not much going on here. Don't think my trainee likes his maintenance job, but they told me not to let him do anything that concerns my job. I've had to say no a couple of times. Almost done with this stretch of 60 hours. Tomorrow will be the last day this week.
Found out via FB that my sister from MO had to go to ER with chest pains. But she told me last night it was not her heart. They are doing a couple of more test, one for her stomach and one of her gall bladder. She said if it was her gall bladder it was coming out.
Going to try my luck at changing the battery on the monitor for the ADT system tonight. They told me to call them back to get a walk through.

Michelle
That is a good way to stay in touch with your friends.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #99  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura & Ceejay52 ~ H*E*L*L*O* 2 The Both of You
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #100  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone--BEAUTIFUL day here in Ohio. It got up to 70 degrees today. We have some cold and snow coming tomorrow but they say it will only be tomorrow and the temps will start to rebound. I'm counting on that!

I was able to get to the work gym yesterday and use the bike and I logged my food on MFP. I am going to meet my friend for a walk at 7 p.m tonight and enjoy what we can of the beautiful evening.

I actually left work on time tonight. I do need to log back on for about and hour tonight and do a report but that is ok. I am going to try to leave on time every night, unless something very important comes up and then I will get back on from home if needed. I think leaving on time and getting home earlier so that I have more time at home will be better for me. As it is, I work late, then go home, eat dinner and then work again. That isn't working for me. The money is nice in the paycheck but really, I'm ok with just getting a few hours of OT a week.

Happy: I hope the melt keeps going for you all. I know I was about at the end of my sanity when we had all that snow piled up.

The company I worked for is called TimberTech. They do have a website and you can check it out. Composite decking is more expensive than wood but it does have its advantages, as it is low maintenance. Meaning that you don't have to paint it or stain it. You do need to clean it, but it is usually easier than cleaning a wood deck. Depending on how your deck is constructed dictates the type of boards you should use. Can you take some pictures of your deck and post them here and I can give you some more information based on that. When taking the pictures, please give me ones from all sides of the deck.

Shad: That was some walk you took and I LOVE the pictures. The one with the rocks and the sea....I loved, loved, loved it.

Michelle: I had a friend who went to one of those hypnosis weight-loss things and it did help her loose some pounds. She said she thought it worked because she put "good thinking" into her mind and called it up often and it kept her motivated and working toward a purpose.

Glad to hear that Santa is doing better.

Ceejay: You get tomorrow in and you are looking at some days off...lucky you! What will you do with yourself? as for your SIL, I bet it is her gallbladder. I had mine out over 26 years ago and a friend of mine just had her's out last week. She went to the ER with chest pains and pain in her back, between her shoulder blades and it turned out to be her gallbladder.

Annie: It's good to see you here. Very, very exciting that Royce will be here soon and you have a friend coming.

Terra: What things are you seeing in the mall that you like for spring/summer?

Laura: Sounds like you got a great workout in last night. The book you are reading sounds interesting. I'm going to put it on my list to read.

Ok..time to head to the gym to meet my friend on the outside track. See you all tomorrow
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

Hi girls

I am keeping up with all your posts. I am just not into sharing much. No insurance is making me nuts as I am on meds for anxiety depression Bp enough to make me nuts. Oh and thryroid. A major mess. I need major prayers. Please.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #102  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Regarding your meds...if you have Walgreens there...they have a Walgreens prescription saver's club. I'm pretty sure it's free or cheap to sign up, and some prescriptions are at a HUGE savings. I saved several hundred dollars on mine when I didn't have insurance. Still not as cheap as with insurance, but it did help me a lot. I'm not sure if CVS or other pharmacies have the same kind of thing.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #103  

Morning all.

I left work early yesterday. BF phoned me around 12:30 and said he was really in pain and was going to the ER. He'd been having pain in his gut off and on over the weekend and really didn't know what it was - he knew it wasn't upset stomach, gas, etc. Turns out it was acute appendicitis. He had the surgery to remove his appendix last night. I'm hoping he gets to come home today. I'm at home waiting to hear so I can drive him home from the hospital. One of his brothers has kidney stone, and both of his brothers suffer from all kinds of gastro-intestinal issues. BF was worried it was kidney stones or some other chronic condition like that. So glad it wasn't.

Other than that...we got about 3-4 in. of snow by us. Wet, heavy snow. I already shoveled a path out back from the back door to the garage door and alongside the garage to where our garbage bins sit. I'll get out and shovel some paths in front, but not gonna shovel everything because tomorrow the temps go back above freezing and the snow will melt quickly then.

===

Michelle - How nice you get to stay in touch with your friends in WI - a non-fiction book club sounds interesting. What types of books have you read in the past? Santa must be good and tired after doggy daycare AND the dog park!! In our house, we say "a tired dog is a good dog".

Ceejay - How's your sister doing? Was it her gallbladder? Hope your last day of work for the week goes quickly for you. Glad the bosses are not having the trainee do any of your work. You don't need that hassle.

Susie - I'm glad you enjoyed the mild temps yesterday - a walk outside with a friend sounds nice. I did dogwalk duty yesterday, so at least I got a bit of exercise beyond my work commute walking. Good of you to focus on getting out of work on time. There needs to be a balance between work and personal time!! I take it you're feeling fully recovered now??

Annie - Must be so stressful not having medical insurance right now. I'll keep you in my prayers. I like Michelle's idea, and you should consider contacting the drug companies to see if they can provide some assistance for you right now.

Hi Terra!!

Where are Happy & Shad??

Okay, off to dress and get out to shovel.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #104  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I'm having problems with my laptop - it keeps hanging and I'm having problems with the internet. It took 15 minutes of sitting here hanging before I was able to get to this site

We have to go run some errands today so I will be back later - hopefully.

Glad to hear that BF is ok Laura. Did he go to NWC hosp? It's a good one.

Hope all goes well for Sissy today Annie.

Will catch up with you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #105  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Hump Day!
And Happy Birth-day, Royce!

Not much going on here...just very busy with work. The website launches in just over 2 weeks and there's still lots to finish up. And I've got to go to a mandatory training today that will hopefully not last too long.

Santa's paw is getting better and he puts weight on it about 75% of the time. And he's eating well. My food and exercise have been pretty good. I'm trying to get to the gym 3 days a week and am walking on the other days. Today I plan to walk at lunch time.

=========================

Susie - Take it from someone who used to work at least 60 hours a week every week. It's not worth it. My health suffered and my relationships suffered. I feel that the hypnosis is helping me make much better choices. It's been a lot easier after the hypnosis.

Laura - I'm so glad your bf went to the ER rather than "tough it out" as some people (especially men) do. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Be careful shoveling. It's good you're going to get warmer temps to help melt the snow. I agree that a tired dog is a good dog (and a happy dog). As for the book club, we're on our first book. We "meet" weekly over the phone and discuss two chapters per week (so it's not a burdensom amount of reading). We're reading "Architecture of Abundance" written Lenedra Carroll, who happens to be the singer Jewel's mom. It's a good book so far if you like the "self-help" genre...emphasis taking time to meditate and get in touch with yourself.

Happy - I hope your computer and internet behave better when you get back from your errands.

Ceejay - One more day to get through before some much needed time off.

Terra - I hope you're having a great day.

Annie - Saying prayers for Sissy and Royce that the delivery goes smoothly. Please keep us posted either here or on FB. Much love, sista. Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Royce and his daddy.

Shad - How is work going?

Speaking of work...I've got to get to it. Training starts in less than two hours...I hope it only lasts for an hour or so.

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 03-12-2014 at 02:57 PM.