3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Old 03-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #61
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking and thanks for trying to answer my question about who closes the threads

ceejay ~ H*E*L*L*O back at ya LOL

Im gonna be home all day tomorrow so Im gonna try my hardest to get all 3 walks in

Treat Others The Way You Would Want To Be Treated

I LOVE BRENT SMITH OF SHINEDOWN
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #62
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning All...

Whew what a way to start the morning. Toitie overflowed. Sh*tty start.

I am feeling a bit better, just worried about having no insurance. I did file for unemployment however it could take up to 3 weeks to get results. I just really don't know what I want to do, if anything. Yes the new lil man will be here in 5 days, March 12th, next week on Wednesday. I just feel really sad that I cannot provide the things I did with Jacob for them. That part is all in my head and worries. The kids don't care and don't expect anything. bleh.

I have applied for a few jobs this week, but nothing yet.

Hello to all....not feelin' it right now.

Thank you for your support, love, prayers and hugs.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #63

Miss you Mel. Hope you're having a great birthday bash up there!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #64
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday my friend, miss you

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #65
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy Birthday Mel!

Happy Birthday, dear Mel. We miss you.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #66
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAppy birthday miss MELLIE. Say hi to momma and daddy for me. Love and miss you tremendously.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #67
Some days not so much

Morning all,

Got a light layer of icy schmutz out there. It's overcast too so doubt it will burn off before we have to head out of here. But, according to the forecast it's supposed to warm up to the 30's this week. Sure will be nice. I didn't make it to yoga yesterday - I was having kink types of pain and I knew from past experience that yoga would most likely have made me feel worse. I did however, go into the shop for my afternoon shift. The morning volunteer E returned back. Her husband was diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer the end of December. He was as healthy as one could be and the prognosis for treatment was good even tho these are probably 2 of the worst cancers. He was about to start chemo when he started coughing blood in the middle of the night - they stabilized him here and air lifted him to a bigger hospital and he died that night. It was sudden and devastating and made worse because the year before they lost their only son to a freak situation - he caught a cold, it turned to pneumonia and it killed him. So she is alone now. We were chatting a bit yesterday and I feel sorry for her. She's probably 5 years older than me. Said she may have to go get a job now as 3/4 of their income disappeared when the Mr. died. I tell you - that is one of my biggest worries - being alone, unable to get by and struggling financially and emotionally. DH assures me that while we will never be rich, even if he goes for that "dirt nap", I will be ok. E is very involved in the church - has a big support group but I know that tends to drift off over time as things settle down. I am glad she feels comfortable to talk. She asked if I could come in early a few times while she attends grief counseling and I said of course.

A guy stopped by and gave us a quote on replacing our deck. No cheap feat as it wraps 2/3 of the way around the house. The prior owner did not treat and stain the wood as he should have so things are warping and splitting. We looked at some composite material but that is really heavy and our deck is raised above the house as the house itself is elevated so DH said he things redwood might be the better route to go. I just hope the stock market holds up so we can make up some of the money we have to put out. And we have to plan this in between hunting and fishing seasons as workers here tend to drop everything and it's like official Wisconsin holidays when those things are in season.

I have my afternoon stint at the shop today - will finish working on the books. The shelves were a mess. I put out some new stuff too. Books are a little hard for me because I have to move my head in positions that seem to aggravate the vertigo but I go slowly. I was talking to the lady who does the books at the Humane Society Paws event on Monday and I had no idea how far she travels to town here. It's over 25 miles. No wonder she doesn't stay long but she is a huge supporter and always has been of the animals. So I will help out as much as I can.

Annie - sorry your day is starting so crappy. As for no insurance - hopefully you can stay healthy - did you get ANY carryover for your severance? Up here a lot of people don't have insurance and most jobs pay minimum wage so they do a lot of sliding fee scales - something to think about if you have to go in for anything. Also some companies will help with a break / coupons for meds too. Everyone can relate to unemployment so take advantage where you can. Fingers crossed, prayers said that something turns up soon for you. As for the new baby - I completely understand how you must feel wanting to do things for Ace, but if given the choice of a loving grandma or one who just throws money as the situation and moves on, I'll take love 10 times over. Fortunately this is a second boy and we all know the first kid gets all the new stuff so I hope Sissy kept some of Lil Man's stuff to reuse. My SIL is the queen of garage sales and all the kids toys and stuff came from gently used things - especially the wee tots who outgrow stuff very quickly. In fact someone (and I think I know who) donated a bunch of jumpy seats and kids toys that are sitting in the back room waiting to get priced. You can still do stuff - just get creative. Check out Goodwill stores - they tend to be big stores too.

Ceejay - did you see the post I shared on FB? Apparently a bunch of good Samaritans in Blytheville decided to help out those stranded because of the ice storm. I hope the new trainee heads to another part of the plant soon. Did you get the bedding for your spare room yet?

Terra - I just picked up a book yesterday - the 90 day walking program so I'll be walking just like you.

Michelle - nice of you to cook for the ex-SIL. I was going to recommend a pot of soup but don't know how heavy a pot she can lift. You can make a quick chicken tortilla soup with Swanson's Chicken Tortilla boxed broth, some sautéed bell peppers, onions, frozen corn and a can of chopped tomatoes (with Mexican flavorings in them). Add sautéed chicken breast strips or just a bag of the precooked breast strips they have in the meat section at the store. Add a bag of tortilla chips or strips to add in when they heat up the soup. I believe the recipe is right on the broth box. Very easy and good.

Option 2 - brown up a pound of ground beef with some chopped onions, salt and pepper. Drain the grease. Cook up a box of pasta - spaghetti, penne or elbows. Mix cooked pasta with the ground beef. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce and some Italian seasonings. OR add a large can of tomato sauce, chili seasoning and a can of rinsed and drained kidney beans for chili mac - use elbow noodles for that. Include a loaf of crusty bread to accompany the meal.

Option 3 - can't beat the ease of a store bought rotisserie chicken and some deli sides from the grocery store.

Option 4 - Mac and cheese. Get a couple of boxes of the Kraft brand. I doctor it up by adding a bit more milk and butter and then add in either chunks of Velveeta cheese or a bunch of slices of the individually wrapped Kraft American cheese to make it more creamy and cheesy. Serve with chopped fresh tomatoes as a side.

Option 5 - easy chicken and noodles. Brown up some diced chicken breast with a bit of olive oil and some diced onion. Optionally add chopped bell pepper if desired. Drain. Add the chicken to a large pan and toss in 2 cans of cream of chicken soup with 1 can of water. Add a bag of frozen peas and carrots. Optionally add a bag of frozen corn too if desired. Add more water if needed but don't make it too thin. Cook up a bag of egg or wide noodles. Can mix in with the chicken and vegetables for one pot reheating or put them in a separate bag and they can put the chicken mix over the noodles as desired.

Stouffers also makes some family size frozen entrees like meatloaf, chicken enchiladas, lasagna, chicken and rice. They are good in a pinch when you don't want to fuss much.

Hope that helps.

Laura - how was the movie? Hope you enjoyed your massage with BF. Sounds wonderful.

Shad - poor Christchurch has really gotten MORE than it's fair share of woes. Yet still it endures. What's on for the weekend?

I have to go get some breakfast and get ready for my shift. Have a good weekend all.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #68
Some days not so much

awwww Michelle - I LOVE that graphic. So appropriate!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #69
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I had my Back Rehab orientation class last night, which was good. Since I was going to be a little bit later, I asked Day Care to feed Santa dinner. They said he ate about 1/3 can of wet dog food mixed with dry at lunch and the same amount at dinner. That's an improvement. He's walking on his foot a little more too, though still holding it up at least 50% of the time which means the pain hasn't gone away yet. Tonight's the biweekly poker game, but I'm going to go to the gym for Aqua Aerobics first.

Thanks for your suggestions about soup. One of the meals I was considering was beef stew.

======================

Ceejay - Glad the ice is melting a bit, hopefully the sun will help get rid of it. Sorry that T is still causing problems. Good for you for doing the pushups and Yoga DVD.

Shad - So what did you end up having for lunch? Is the light show this weekend?

Susie - I hope you're feeling better.

Terra - How was your week with eating and exercise?

Annie - So good to have you back. Sorry your morning started out so crappy. You should be able to get COBRA insurance, though that's kind of pricey. The kids will understand that you can't help them financially right now. They'll be ok. As Happy said, hopefully they'll be able to re-use some of Jacob's stuff or get gently used stuff at garage sales or thrift stores. A grandma's love is worth more than anything. That's great you've applied for some jobs! It takes awhile for companies to go through the resumes and choose who to hire. Have you also thought about temporary or contract jobs? A lot of agencies even provide insurance. It could cost more than if you got a permanent position but at least its insurance and income. Be open to the possibilities and try and stay positive. As others have said, at least you'll be able to spend more time with Samantha and Lil Man next week.

Happy - I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker's husband. It's good she is comfortable to talk with you...and that she is attending grief counseling and has her church to support her. Hmmm, a book on a 90 day walking program. Sounds good. The Chicken Tortilla soup is a GREAT idea! Thank you. I was thinking of spaghetti too. And the Chicken and Noodles sounds good and easy too. I'm shying away from grocery store options and family size frozen entrees, as that's something her husband can do.

Laura - I hope you're having a great day off! Enjoy your long weekend!!

Time to get back to the website.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #70
Turning Into A New Woman

happy2bme ~ Thats cool that your gonna start walking too

Michelle ~ My week went good with working out and eating, Im sure this weekend will be good too, How is your exercise and eating going? I hope its going good.

I walked tonight, I know I should of walked more but there's always tomorrow to try harder and that is what Im gonna do.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #71
Some days not so much

Morning all,

Bright and sunny out there - things are actually dripping so at LONG last we might (might) be actually rounding the bend to spring. I cannot wait. I used to hate February but now March has joined in. It gets VERY boring here March and April. Nothing going on, a lot of restaurants close until May and the ones that stay open tend to have shorter hours. Even though I am out and about, I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever.

Went to the shop yesterday - it was slow. $28 in sales all day. I don't think the book lady came in on Tuesday - one is out with back surgery. The shelves were a mess and there were 2 boxes of donated books that had to be shelved. One box was overflowing with romance novels so I sorted those out between the Harlequin and Silhouette series and separated them from the other romance authors and made everything neat and tidy. DH picked me up and we went out for our usual Friday fish fry. We went to the Steakhouse which has one of the better fries. It was just past 4:30. They said the dining room didn't open until 5 so we sat in the bar and I had my 1 glass of White Zinfandel Happy Anniversary drink. They have the most delicious salad with greens, dried cranberries and walnuts. The best part is the white balsamic dressing. Going to have to experiment to try and recreate it. I tried a few bottled dressings and nothing comes close. Afterwards came home and was having a bad pain day so I caught up on some recorded tv shows, brushed the cats and decided to go to bed instead of reading for a while. Nothing exciting for sure!

Today is housework and some laundry. I also want to start my yoga for arthritis dvd because the end of the month I start a new yoga class with a really popular teacher and I'd like to be a little more "stretched". I realized the class I am going to now, she has been doing yoga for years but just because you can do, doesn't mean you can teach. Some days after yoga I feel worse which I now realize that I should be making some modifications in the postures. I did discuss that with her one day before class but nothing much came of it. So I'll try to do it on my own. I am also trying to figure out how I can start this 90 day walking program with things starting to get icy, slushy mess outside. I may just have to walk in circles around my house. I do have the treadmill in the garage but it's like the inside of a refrigerator in there and I'm not sure if I'd be stressing the treadmill running it that cold too. Hurry up spring!!!!

About your question on closing the threads Terra - the only people who can close threads are the person who started the thread and the 3FC administrators. I have to say that I don't usually close a thread when we move to a new one, because it's generally just our little group here and I don't worry about someone going back and posting after we've moved on. I did close last month's thread. Susie will have to close this one when we move to April. How are you doing on your food?

I noticed a bunch of us (myself included) have sort of fallen off the logging wagon on MyFitnessPal. Come on guys, let's get back in the swing of things. I skipped Monday because we had the Humane Society pot luck dinner and I had no way to put that in and it seems if I skip a day, I seem to miss a few days. I'm going to be more diligent in my reporting and what I'm eating too as I noticed the scale moving up 2 pounds.

Michelle - feel free to pass along any good tips from your back rehab class please. I'm glad to hear that Santa is eating a bit more - that's great news. I remember the stomach upset from medication - no wonder the poor guy was avoiding food - and he can't even take a Tums like I did! I hope he's feeling better. Did you decide on some meals for exSIL? Double mastectomy - is this preventative? I know of 2 situations where it runs rampant among the females and every single daughter and mom and grandma had it. Scary Mary!!!! I guess if it was that prevalent in my family - I'd be looking at some aggressive things too.

OMG - there is light snow in the air. The sun has moved to slightly overcast and there is the wispiest bits of snow gently floating in the air. NO NO MORE SNOW PLEASE. Geez Louise I am so tired of winter already. Ok, off to get busy. Have a good weekend all.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #72
Turning Into A New Woman

happy2bme ~ Im doing good with my food, Thanks for asking, Thanks for answering my question on why the thread hasnt been closed yet, I understand now.

My sister in law and I are gonna go to the mall here in a few mins and we'll be there for a couple of hours so I'll definitely get some walking in today but I'll be sure to walk again tonight also

Old 03-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #73

Morning all. I just had my massage. Aaaah. Wonderful. Bf is in getting his now, hope he likes it too.

Doc appt yest. was fine. I agreed to a blood draw to test for my vit d levels. I might have mentioned before, my ob-gyn is sort of an aggressive practice when it comes to offering additional services...but they did know it had been 10 year as since my tetanus shot...good she mentioned it, but I declined the booster and said I'd have my primary do it. I see her next mo. Now just waiting on my usual (pap) test results, and need to make a mammo appt.

Went to the thrift shop after the doc appt. Bought a few kitchen gadgets - two small stainless steel funnels since all I have is a large-ish one; a hand held citrus reamer, and a potsticker (or dumpling) crimper. Kind of interested in making some if those, or maybe some crab rangoon, yum. Also bought a nice pair of newish Lee jeans a size smaller and they fit perfectly. But they are also a long size, so I will give it a go with hemming them. For $1 invested, i will take the chance. I did some research and there's actually a technique in which you leave the original hem intact and shorten the leg length with a row of stitching right along the top of the original hem and it's nearly invisible.

Nice long dogwalk in the sun & mild temps.

I Bought a pair of headphones at best buy - we'll see how they work out for me.

Lunch was the middle eastern place, yum. Stopped at a different thrift shop on the way home. It advertised via a coupon packet. Ick, high prices and nothing special at all. Glad we didn't go out of our way to visit that place.

Dinner with my friends was nice, but the noise level was louder than I'd liked. Oh well. Good pizza & to see the girls.

Gonna post before I lose this. Back tomorrow with personals. Every have a nice Saturday/ Sunday.

Last edited by Laura705 : 03-08-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #74

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's Sunday again. I was busy yesterday went up the cable car and to the Kelburn shops. A friend at work had said there was a good deli/butcher up there and I found a German bakery, so got some good bread. Wasn't much else up there, apart from the bottle shop where I picked up a bottle of Italian Prosecco - sparkly wine - for a decent price.
Then I went to the apartment of a work mate who is back from training and we had a nice afternoon with a couple of wines, some snacky bits and pieces and I came home and watched a bit of footy and went to bed.
Today, after breakfast I intend to catch a bus out to Owhiro Bay and walk around the coastline to Lyall Bay or Island Bay. Haven't worked out which yet and maybe walk back into town from there. Feel like a trip to the sea.

So whichever area I go in, I'd better get cracking.

As for MFP Happy, I'm still there mostly. Missed a couple of day during the week and only half did it yesterday, but I will be back into it tonight. The program annoys me in that it states, after you have entered food and exercise and completed the day that if everyday was like that particular day, in 5 weeks you would weight xxxx. Well I have been there for 5 weeks and pretty much every day is like the one previous, and I have lost half a kilo - about 1lb. It lies.

Right I will be back tonight after my adventure through the wilderness and tell you what I have seen.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #75
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Tried to post last night but the little thing kept going round and round so I finally gave up and went to bed. I shut the alarm off to early this morning and slept till 6 a.m. But I didn't panic just got up and did my thing and out the door on time. I did prepare my food the night before which helps a bunch.
I slipped on the ice yesterday and am sore today. Don't think anything is broken except my pride. The ice is almost gone from the streets except in the parking lots and my drive-way. I actually have to put the car in all wheel drive just to get out of it.
I'm starting my 5 day stretch of work today. But that's okay. I'll have a bit more money for vacation this summer.
I've been so curious if my step niece's fiance' (sp) had made it to the states so I called while ago to find out. He's at my sis and bil's house. So I'm thankful. With all this stuff going on in the Ukraine I'd been concerned. This is where they met.
At least 2 quiet days with out the trainee. Ahhhhh, I heard he will be moved Monday. And I was told not to let him do my paper work.

Happy
I didn't know any of those people from Blytheville. It was good to know that we have some good people left in this world. Interstate 55 was congested from Memphis up to the Missouri border. That didn't go to well with the governor.

Laura
I'm jealous of your message. I'd even take a foot message. Think I'll make an appointment for one the next time I'm in Jonesboro. Good buy on the jeans.

Terra
Have fun at the mall today.

Shad
You are getting the exercise today. I agree with the part on MFP about if you did the you'd weigh this.

Susie
Where are you?

Annie
GS #2 will be arriving soon.

Shad
You are going to get some good exercise in today as well.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 03-08-2014 at 03:32 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.