3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #46
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Laura - I have these headphones -
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-AS40E...ear+headphones

I didn't realize they were so pricy. But they fit well - especially behind the ears with the ear wire so are good for walking / bouncing and they are noise cancelling and don't mess up your hair. However they don't have a mic so if you wanted that for your phone, I guess you'll have to keep looking.

Michelle - I really do hope they can come up with something to relieve Santa's paw - he must really be hurting if he doesn't want to eat. Wish I had a good suggestion...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #47
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes about Santa. To Happy's comment, that's what has me so worried....my very food oriented/treat motivated dog isn't interested in even his favorite treats. He must either be in a lot of pain, or the antibiotics must be making him feel really lousy. :-(

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #48

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sitting here with a coffee and waiting for something to happen - not sure what that might be, but instinct tells me that crap will descend at some time of the day. The winter weather has almost gone again. We are not being hammered as Christchurch got hammered - poor sods, earthquakes, crumbling cliffs, liquefaction and now floods - Mother nature sure has done a job on them over the past couple of years.

Today is overcast and damp, and while it is not warm (as it was a week ago) it's not freezing either and the sun is supposed to shine this afternoon. Well we will see about that.

Annie- Get thee back in here woman and feel the luuuuve. You have much to be grateful for and much to look forward too.

Happy - Congratulations on a great achievement. Some marriages don't last 37 days or 37 months much less 37 years. Hope you manage to find something nice to eat for an anniversary dinner.
We don't get snow round here often. Usually with freak storms like the one just passed. There is snow on the mountains around the top of the Hutt Valley and the Orongorongo Range in mid winter which can look quite spectacular, but as for it sitting on the ground - forget it. Rarely happens.

Michelle - nice to know you are ironing the bugs out of the system one by one. 99 to go, 99 bugs in the code, 99 bugs, fix one bug 127 bugs in the system.

Laura - I can understand how you must all get tired of the snow and cold. I hate grey days. Grey is such a non-colour. Makes everything dreary looking.
Point 0.2 gain isn't much. Might have been that water you had earlier hanging about? I've all but given up on losing weight, that scale just isn't going to budge. I can change the shape of the body by exercise, but little seems to affect that weight. Maybe if I stopped eating at all................ Nah, there are some pleasures in life I won't give up.
I'm up to 9 pushups in that challenge now. I forgot to do them yesterday, so my rest day was back then and I have done the 9 this morning. How you going with that?
Oh yeah, and I love that spring avatar.

Ceejay - I've heard of things getting stuck with ice, but never thought it would happen down your way. You live and learn. Hope the bloke learnt his lesson with the mistakes he made.

Susie - get well soon. The flu is rife around here at the moment. One of the trainers went down with it yesterday and my office pal had to fill in. It's not a pretty thing. Double ear AND sinus - painful.

Terra - have you got lost walking the house?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #49

Michelle - hope Santa is feeling better today. Poor little bloke.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #50

Happy - Thanks for the link re the Sony earphones you have. I've had ear hook and behind-the-head type earphones in the past, and they work well to not fall out, but when I think of dealing with those and my winter headband, hat, scarf...they might not work or be comfortable. I'll have to figure it out. I don't, however, want to spend all that much because I seem to go through them quickly. They don't take well to constantly being shoved into and pulled out of my purse/pocket.

Shad - Hope you can avoid the flu going 'round. I've probably avoided being sick lately because I have a habit of not leaving my little cubicle often during the day, and staying home after work. Luckily there isn't much face-to-face on the train - if anyone's coughing some germs, it's at the back of one's head, eewwwww. Re the gain - yeh, not much, but they do eventually add up and, in fact, have. But I will keep plugging. It'll never be easy. Re the pushup challenge - I'm keeping up just fine, and trying to do a couple sets of the challenge's rep quantity for the day, just to up the benefit. But...I've backed off even trying to do a standard pushup for the past several days - it's just too demoralizing to barely be able to complete one in good form. I guess I should just keep on trying...

Glad you both like my spring avatar. Thinking about when I'll be able to walk Coal past the house that has a rather large bed of lily of the valley - so very pretty at their height.

Back to the grind. Finished one project and handed it off. Yessss! (fist pump). Onto the next task.

Laura705 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #51
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Yep I agree I need to try harder

Michelle ~ Already have one ordered, Its on its way, My eating is okay although I might of gained the 5 pounds because I ate out 3 times last week when I usually only eat out twice a week but it was a special occasion Scott's parents came for a visit. I have an account for Myfitnesspal but I havent done anything on the site yet. Thanks for the tip though.

ceejay ~ Yeah Im very far from retirement but thats awesome that your looking forward to it, Thanks for commenting on my walking

Shad ~ I dont know why I gained 5 pounds, It could be a number of reasons, I would walk faster if I knew how.

happy2bme ~ To answer your question Yes I like getting older Im only gonna be 30 this year but when Im 50 or 60 is when I'll probably start saying Nope I dont like getting older but so far I like it

Im gonna walk after dinner tonight and then I'll walk for a 2nd time before bed. I wanted to ask why the Feb. Thread hasnt been closed yet? Just curious, Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Started My Weight Loss Journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014

Started Tracking My Food On MFP May 13th,2014

Start 1200 Calorie Diet on June 11th 2014

Last edited by Terra1984 : 03-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #52
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I'm running late today. Yoga and thrift shop. Be back later tonight to catch up. Have a good one
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #53
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

First, a Santa update: The vet confirmed that it is probably canine papilloma virus and despite being a virus, the azithromycin is often used and probably helped for awhile, but is now causing him too much stomach distress. So he said to stop the antibiotics and the doggie ibuprofen. He said it may take a few more weeks up to several months to heal on its own, but he did say it looked like it was getting better...the type of virus it is just takes a long time to go away. The foot doesn't seem to slow Santa down any...he still runs and plays at day care and the dog park.

The alternative is to surgically remove the papilloma (which is like a painful wart), but since it's on a pad and pads take a long time to heal, it would likely take 3-4 weeks to heal, and would be painful too.

The vet's suggestion, and I agreed, watch and wait. It should get better on its own...the sooner the better, and why put him through a possibly unnecessary surgery when he may get better faster without it.

Now I just have to get him eating. He's eating a little canned food at lunchtime at daycare, but he's not interested with the canned food I bought. I'll either try another variety of canned food tonight or make him some boiled chicken and rice which is often given to dogs to get their tummys right.

I'm very grateful for all the healing wishes/prayers you want to send his way.

Gotta sign off for now...I'll try and get back later for personals.

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:

Last edited by diyana : 03-06-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #54

Morning all. Sun’s shining. I walked to the train again this morning.

Happy – Enjoy your yoga class.

Terra – Keep on walking! Re closed threads...I’m not sure who actually closes them. Happy, Shad – is it one of you, or is it a 3fc administrator??

Susie – How are you feeling today?? Hope you’re feeling better and on the road to recovery.

Annie – Sissy’s due date is less than a week away now, isn’t it?? I hope she’s doing well.

Happy Friday Shad!!

Hi Michelle! Hi Ceejay!
~~~
I did two sets of my pushup challenge for yesterday, and one set did include two standard pushups.

I finally ordered a new wallet to replace the one I have. The one I currently have was purchased on clearance at Target and has all the pockets and compartments I want, but it’s made of what must be the lowest grade leather that exists. I’ve probably been using this wallet for a couple years now and it has never gotten soft or worn. Sometimes I wonder if it’s really “genuine leather” as is embossed on it. It might be “bonded” leather – here’s Wikipedia’s definition: Bonded leather or reconstituted leather is a term used for a popular upholstery material, which uses natural leather leftovers that are bonded back into larger pieces. The base upon which the reconstituted leather is applied is a strong fiber, and the mix can have varying degrees of organic leather - between 100% to 60% while the rest is polyurethane. My wallet must be high on the polyurethane and low on the leather, lol. …Anyway, I ordered from Fossil because I like the quality of their products. I also ordered a purse. Looking forward to receiving them.

Today’s my Friday since I’m taking tomorrow off. It’s also movie night and we’re seeing “Nonstop” with Liam Neeson. Just another one of those action movies he’s started doing.

I was unable to schedule a massage for tomorrow after my doctor appointment, but I set up appointments for Saturday morning for both bf and I. That’ll be nice. Tomorrow I haven’t made any firm plans for after my appointment except to bum around and shop a bit. I might hit the thrift shop, and I suppose I should check a couple stores for earphones. Maybe bf and I will go to see the movie “Gravity” at a matinee. Or maybe the Lego movie.

In the evening, I’m supposed to meet friends for dinner, including one who’s here from out of state. We still have to firm up the time and place, but it’s going to be near the subway line because our friend has to get back downtown later to catch the megabus back home. Nobody’s ever happy with the location - one friend that lives way out in the NW suburbs has declined because it’s a long drive for her on a Friday night at rush hour. Can’t blame her.

Okay, enough rambling. Back to work. Glad I finished the one project yesterday. Now to just go back and pick up the other things I’ve been putting off to get the other project done.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #55

Michelle - Thanks for the update! Soooo glad to hear that Santa's paw will eventually heal on its own. If it's not giving him pain or getting worse or stopping him...that's a good thing! I'm sure he'll love the chicken and rice. Don't all dogs???

Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #56
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Santa's paw is hurting him...causing him to limp and/or hold it up and walk/run on 3 legs. But he is getting around. Good for you on including standard pushups in your challenge! Enjoy your day off tomorrow. I hope the doc appt goes well. And enjoy dinner with your friends, the movie(s) and the massage. Sounds like a great long weekend to me!

My Mini Goals:
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #57
Creating a Healthier Me

Quick question for Annie and any other Worldly Chicks who want to chime in:

I've offered to cook a meal or two or three over the next few weeks for my ex-SIL (and her family). She is having double mastectomy surgery today.

You know me, I don't like to cook. Any suggestions for something easy and reheatable? The only restrictions are no mushrooms and no fish.

Thanks!

My Mini Goals:
Old 03-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #58

Best wishes to your ex-SIL. I suggest soup.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #59
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's still cold today but the ice is slowly melting. I need to get out to run some errands. The side roads are still a mess but the main road has been cleared. And the sun is shining today.

I'm still disgusted with T. and I'm making up my mind as to whether or not to let him to continue with the paper work. I'm smelling a rat as a trainee doesn't usually last this long in training. I'm talking to B. on Monday. He's getting on my last nerve.

--------------
Happy
Enjoy your Yoga class today. I'm going to do a yoga DVD this afternoon.

Michelle
Soup is a good suggestion. I can understand how Zythromiacin how would upset Santa's small stomach. He has a good mommy.

Annie
I know you are getting excited on the new grand baby.

Laura
I'm still doing my counter push ups. I'm up to 20.

Hello's to Susie and Terra

Think I'm going to get out and get some supplies. Hope the traffic has started moving out on the Interstate.
Only have two days off this week end, will be working for L Saturday and Sunday.
Think I'll make some soup myself.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #60

Toasted sandwiches for lunches?

Shop cooked chicken and salad?

Eggs?

Risotto?
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.