3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Old 03-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #31
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I am doing fair. The meds for my sinus infection made me so sick. I had dry heaves and scoots all weekend, stomach hurt, head hurt, my mind hurt, I cried the majority of the time. Felt somewhat normal yesterday. Yesterday was my last day at work, officially termed. Oh boy. More sadness for my friends not the place or the mean people. Depression has set in. My DS and DIL finally got pregnant after over 2 years of trying only to result in a miscarriage last Friday. More sadness and tears. My DIL and I shared conversation and tears on Saturday evening. I mostly tried to be positive and encourage them. Now they know they can get pregnant. This babe paved the way for the next one. Suffereing 3 miscarriages myself, I was prepared with light at the end of the tunnel messages for them. Then after hanging up I bawled that one out. Sheesh I am so over the BS.

and HAPPY no at this time I do NOT like growing older at the moment it kind of sucks.

I will try to get back when I am in a better mood...

No worries, this too I shall overcome.

Thank you for all your concern, love, prayers, hugs and just being you all.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #32
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I have a busy month ahead. Now that we've moved the website to a new host, I keep finding more issues with it, and it's supposed to launch in 4 weeks. Well, better busy at work than bored.

Santa's paw is taking a long time to get better. He didn't eat at all yesterday. I think it might be the pain. My heart breaks for the little guy. I'm going to make a vet appointment for after work if I can.

I went to the gym yesterday and did 1/2 hour on the bike and 20 minutes of strength training. At lunchtime today, I have a physical therapy appointment for my back.

I heard from my doc yesterday afternoon...no increase in the diabetes meds. Her orders are for healthy diabetes-friendly eating and exercising at least 4-5 days per week, with a re-check in 3 months.

====================================
Shad - I loved the comments about the documents you're going through...closing the message widow; Lick the Enter key. You've got great material for a stand-up comedy routine there! You're right about my diabetes. I do not want to get neuropathy, blindness or any of the other horrible complications. The doc says my HA1C is still in the "well controlled diabetes" range, but my goal is to reverse this diabetes and be off all my diabetes meds. My doc at Stanford said if I lose 40-50 lbs, that's definitely a possibility.

Happy - I liked your post. There are some things I like about being older...but if I could just have the wisdom I have now with body I had when I was in my early 20s (120lbs and no back issues), that would be perfect.

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear you were termed. Does that mean no severance or insurance options? If not, then file for unemployment RIGHT AWAY. I know you're depressed and probably don't feel like doing much...but that's important. If you need/want to take a week or so before diving into the job hunt, then do so...but sign up for unemployment. Remember, your being terminated is NOT a reflection on you...it had to do with the restructure. So sorry to hear about your DIL's miscarriage. Though you're right, at least this means they can get pregnant. I'm wondering if you should ask your doc about increasing your anti-depressants during this tough time. My doc increased my dosage when my parents were battling Stage 4 cancer. You will get through this, and so will your family. Please continue to check in with us...don't wait for a "better mood". We're all here for each other in good times and difficult ones. Sending you much love, many hugs and and keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Gotta get back to work.

Love and hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #33
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Annie - thanks for checking in. I'm very sorry to hear about your DIL's miscarriage. That has to be particularly tough with Sissy about to deliver. Take care and try and find something to give you some positive energy.

Shad - it sounds sooo odd to hear that February is the end of summer. I am wishing for an end of winter myself. Tired of being cold all the time, tired of always hurting with some sort of intense ache and pain. I liked your typos when proofreading although I had to look at one twice for a minute before I caught it!

Ceejay - how nice that the boss gave you a ride back and forth to work! Hope the ice melts quickly.

Michelle - bummer that your A1C went up a smidge. I guess this should be good incentive to make time for the gym. My sister was saying that her doctor said they around age 50 it gets harder and harder to keep the numbers where they should be. Ain't that depressing???? But we still have to try. Do avocado's raise your blood sugar or cholesterol? I hope not!

Laura - thanks for contacting Annie. I forgot you said the Jazzersize classes were a bit farther away from you. Bummer. You still have the Body Electric to fall back on. If you get Gravity - get the one with extended scenes - they said that was about the making of the movie which was pretty interesting but then again... others compared it to a behind the scenes of a magic trick - when you know how it works, it takes the fun out of it. The cinematography was amazing.

Hi Terra

Yesterday's event was very nice. The food was good - we had lots of things. I made my world famous strawberry spinach salad and DH decided to make a penne with an arribiata (spicy) sauce he noticed on the back of a pasta box. The president of the Humane Society really believes in the need for thank you's so each person who was given an award was also spoke of kindly as to their contribution(s). They had a nice slide show too of adoptions and animals who were serviced. It was 3 hours and we enjoyed it.

Now I need to flip a load into the dryer because I have physical therapy today and don't have any stretchy pants clean to wear. Off I go. Have a good day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #34
Some days not so much

Annie - seeing Michelle's post it never occurred to me - terminated - I certainly hope that doesn't mean no severance or health coverage. I agree with Michelle - go file for unemployment - depending on the state - you might be able to collect after a 1 week holding period. Illinois made you wait until your severance ran out, Tennessee did not. It's to your benefit to do this and you are entitled to it.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #35

Morning all. Happy Fat Tuesday!

Annie – I’m so sorry to hear about your DS and DIL. I know miscarriage isn’t very uncommon, but it’s still very sad when it happens. You were good to be encouraging and positive with them, that’s what they need right now! And I'm so sorry to hear you've been terminated too! I’m so sorry about that. You have a lot of sadness going on in your life right now, but I hope you can at least view your upcoming job search as a challenge and opportunity to have a happier work life. I know right now it seems like there’s so much bad, but I hope you can find a way to start ticking off the good things as well to get you through this hard time. You will definitely overcome!!

Happy – Gosh, I don’t know if I like getting older. There’s certainly some good and bad to it. This does not really address that question, but I think I’m actually glad not to be a young person today. The world is a different place now and I’m happy to have grown up when I did. Does every generation say that?? I wonder. The Humane Society event sounded nice. So wonderful to recognize the efforts of the volunteers/contributors. I’m starting to think about what bf and I can do for our lab rescue org. Their big fundraiser is their annual auction/dinner that comes up in April or May. I’m thinking about putting together something for the silent auction.

Shad – No, I don’t have a new job, new title, new anything with work. No congratulations necessary. I was just trying to take a baby step on Linkedin and make my work experience accurate as to job titles/years to-from, at least for my current & previous position. And apparently every revision gets announced to the world. I suppose there was a setting I should have shut off before I made the changes so that wouldn’t happen…I guess I need the “Linkedin for Dummies” book. On to other topics - that soup sounds tasty. Makes me want to go out for some Thai food!! Glad to hear you leave work while it’s still light out…but those are some long workdays regardless. I love mistake #2 – makes me giggle.

Ceejay – Brrr, still cold in your neck of the woods I see. I hope the sun is melting the ice and things can get back to normal for you. Nice of the boss to give you a lift to/from work.

Michelle – Awww, I’m so sorry Santa’s paw is not healing more quickly, and I’m sorry he’s in pain. Poor baby! I hope the vet can help. Good job with the workout yesterday. Glad your doc didn’t up your diabetes meds – now to work on getting the numbers right for next time!! I enjoyed Ellen hosting the Oscars. I hope she continues to host in future years. Of the Oscar movies, I saw "Dallas Buyers Club", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "American Hustle", and "Blue Jasmine". Of all of those, I think all would be worth watching except Wolf of Wall Street. It was entertaining, but a lot of people might be turned off by the subject matter, and it went on for too long. I’m not the biggest fan of the movie “The Blind Side”, but I like Sandra Bullock and so I’d definitely see "Gravity". Yeh, I thought Cait Blanchett’s comment about that was not nice, or at the very least came out wrong…but she apparently couldn’t stop babbling on and on in her acceptance speech, so I’ll give her the benefit of a doubt as to whether that was intended to be an insult. I’d also like to see the movie “Philomena”.

Hellos to Terra and Susie.
==
I didn’t get to the gym last night, but I did do two sets of my pushup challenge reps, one set off the weight bench and one set on the floor, knee version. I followed that with a Body Electric workout – triceps, inner & outer thighs and quads. After that I did a set of 50 crunches on my stability ball.

No movie tonight, they moved it to Thursday this week.

I have my WW weigh-in shortly. The most I can hope for is no gain, but I don’t think that will be the case. It’s Fat Tuesday - I’d much rather be eating pasczki (sp??) and king cake than stepping on the scale… fortunately, neither of those are in front of me or within reach at this moment, lol.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #36
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mr. Know it all's apple cart was upset this morning. Yesterday I had him to untangle the mess he did the whole month and the boss found another error I didn't catch. So he called us both into a conference. Everything did balance but one totalizer reading was wrong.

Annie
Hugs, hope you get your "mojo" back.

Happy
Sounds like you had a good outing at the Humane Society event.

Laura
I've missed yesterdays challenge but will make up for it today.

-----
Yum, I'm baking my pot pie for lunch and it's beginning to smell good. Going down at noon to start my vehicle to let it run and melt some more ice off. The roads are looking really good right now. And the guys said they would help me get my vehicle out of the parking space. My car has been frozen to the ground. Yes, it's been that cold here.

More later.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #37
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - I'm glad you had a nice time at the Humane Society event. So nice of them to give everyone recognition for their contributions. As for your questions about avocados, since they are a "healthy" fat, I think they would either have no effect on cholesterol or a good effect. I just looked up the carb info on avocados, and 1 cup of sliced avocado has 12g of carbs combined with the 10g of fiber, that would make it a pretty good food for diabetics (in moderation of course). It's the "in moderation" that always gets me. LOL I was really pleased with my physical therapist. She did a thorough exam of my back issues and after some manipulation to re-align my pelvis which was causing some pinching pain on one side of my back, she gave me some stretches and exercises to do (some I knew about, some were new), and said that rather than repeated PT visits, I'd benefit more from a "back exercise" class that the hospital offers. I go to the first class on Thursday after work. She really gave me hope that if I strengthen my muscles (core and back) I can hope to be pain free and go for walks/hikes like I want to. I hope your PT goes well today and gives you some relief.

Laura - Thanks for the reviews on the movies. I think the movie "Philomena" looks really good. Good for you for doing so well with the pushup challenge and Body Electric workout. Keeping my fingers crossed for your WW weigh-in.

Ceejay - Your car was frozen to the ground?! I've never heard of that before. I hope you get it out of the parking space when it's time to go home.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:

Last edited by diyana : 03-04-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #38
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
They had to pull R's truck to get it unstuck. Thankfully mine just needed a push and I used the all wheel drive. It's really been bad this week. The street and sanitation crew have done miracles on clearing the major roads today. Glad you had good results from your pt. How's Santa today?
You commented on the truck being frozen to the ground, we also have two doors that will not budge due to the ice.
--------------
It's almost going home time and I'm so glad. It's been a cold,cold week.
Wish my phone camera made good pictures. There are ice cycles (sp) 2 foot long hanging from the aerator and some smaller ones. Looks like a chandelier. It's beautiful.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #39

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

Seems like cold weather has us all. Since they declared summer dead we have had cold, rain and today some snow flurries. It's not nice out there. The snow doesn't even reach the ground but it is interesting to see it wafting around out there. Our weather should improve to more autumn type stuff later in the week. Which is good because I still want to go and see this light show.
Ours is a case of March coming in like a lamb and turning into a lion. As I sit here in the office I can scarcely see the harbour or some of the buildings down the street for that matter.

Happy - good article on ageing. I enjoyed it. I am glad I have been around this long to see so many things - both good and bad - make history. Like Laura I am glad I am not growing up in todays world. It really hasn't changed for the better in my opinion.

Annie - chin up. This too shall pass. I'm sorry for the DS and DIL. However it might have been natures way of saying that things just weren't right. Next time will be better. Tell them to keep practising and to relax about the whole thing. Que sera sera.

Laura - You get to see some great bloopers in this job. They were a couple that amused me. No doubt if I had a closer look, I would find some more. Your new title in Linkedin looks quite impressive.

Ceejay - don't think we will get to the point where we are frozen to the ground over here. This is just a big low sitting out to sea just east of here. Hopefully it will soon pass.
Nice to know that the apple cart is turned over. Makes you feel really good then to know it wasn't your mistake.

Michelle - hope the vet can work out the problem with Santa's paw. Poor little guy. Avocado should be good for you. Full of vitamins and the good fat, but just don't eat too much of them. Fat is fat after all.

And that is about it. I have a beaten path to my door with stuff that others can't finish so I should go check out the e-mails. I hope you all have an above zero day.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #40

Height: 5'7"

I am sick again! I stayed home from work today (doesn't mean I didn't work; I took at 4 hour nap and the rest of the time from 6:30 a.m. until now I have been working) and went to the doctor.

I have a double ear infection, and a sinus infection. I have a two week prescription of antibodics and decongestant.

I will try to post personals tomorrow.

I did want to give a shout out to Annie:

Annie: What you are going through is tough. I read that you said you were officially terminated. Happy is correct, apply for unemployment and get that going if you can. I hope they were good enough to give you a severence and benefits for a bit.

Now, take some time to get well, and help your DS and DIL to heal from the miscarriage (and you too...it is such a sad thing and feels hopeless at times) and come here and get love and support.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #41
Some days not so much

Good morning ladies,

I see some of you on FB so I assume you are trickling your way over here. Today is happy anniversary day for me and the hubster. 37 years and yes, I had to go an calculate it because once we hit 25 years, I can never remember how long we have been married. Forever. Together 42 which seems so weird as we don't feel like Gramma and Grampa Jones, but I guess we are Not sure what we will do as far as dinner today - DH wasn't keen on the 90 minute drive each way over to Duluth for a better restaurant so I think we might stick with the local steak place. Although this is Ash Wednesday - start of Lent, high holy day of Catholicism and no meat today. Although I am not a big church goer, I do try to make a sacrifice or two during Lent, so if we did go out it would have to be meatless. I was talking to my Mom yesterday and Pope "Momma" gave me dispensation if I wanted to have steak today - said I could switch up the days and go meatless tomorrow since it was my anniversary and all

Went to physical therapy yesterday. They did the dry needling in my right leg. It was not something I'd want to do on a regular basis and I don't think I'd like acupuncture either. I can't deny tho that after he was done (thank goodness) - it did relieve the muscle knots in my legs. I'm just not sure about this for the long term. I tend to agree that there must be something in my back which "moves" because the pain moves from place to place, side to side so I'm thinking this needling is a temporary fix.

Going to post this and check if there are updates from you guys before I head to personals.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #42
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies!

Going to start off with personals today....

Happy - Wishing a Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! Together 42 years...that's so wonderful!! I hope you have a lovely day however and wherever you choose to celebrate, especially now that you've received dispensation from a higher authority to eat steak. I'm glad the dry needling helped.

Ceejay - Icicles can be lovely...and also dangerous...don't walk underneath.

Shad - Wow, winter doesn't waste any time where you are. One day summer is done, and then you get cold rain and snow!

Susie - So sorry to hear you have a sinus infection and double ear infection. I hope the meds kick in soon and have you feeling better.

=======================================

I'm taking Santa back to the vet after work. I'm not sure what if they'll be able to help him heal any faster, but I hate to see the poor little guy in pain and, the latest development, not even eating well. He didn't eat anything on Monday (not at day care or at home). Since he wasn't interested in regular food Monday night, I gave him a few treats so I could give him his antibiotic. A few hours later, he vomited. Yesterday, the day care said he ate his lunch, and I bought some canned dog food and he ate a bit of that, but not much. He's been very low-energy for the past few days, and not even needing a late night potty walk. Please send him good thoughts.

Much work to be done on the website. I've got most of the database-driven pages working...just had to tweak the code a bit. Now on to the other areas of the site.

Much love,

My Mini Goals:
Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #43

Morning all. Woke up to snow. Seems like no one is focused on it – neighbors that usually get right on with clearing their sidewalks first thing did not, and the roads don’t seem to have been cleared either. It’s only a couple inches, so maybe the municipalities are conserving their salt?? Huh. Slush city.

Ceejay – Good you had the newbie working out his own errors – hope he learns something from it and will be less of a know-it-all now that he has been proven he’s not!! How was the pot pie? I just LOVE those, but I rarely indulge. The frozen ones from the store are chock full of sodium, and the decent-sized ones are full of calories and have the nerve to be considered two servings. Naturally, I want to eat the whole thing. My strategy is to just get them at a restaurant, but not many places serve them. It’s been forever since I had one…Glad your car was able to be pushed out. That must have been a lot of ice!! Icicles are pretty, but watch out!

Michelle – I love avocados! I think I may have finally got bf on to them (though he already loves guacamole), which is good because it’ll help to use them up. I could easily eat an entire one myself, but it’s better that we share it, LOL. I hope the back exercise class at the hospital is helpful for you and you can get stronger and ultimately be pain-free!! Speaking of pain – I sure hope the vet can help poor little Santa with his paw.

Shad – Gosh, your weather sounds like Chicago – if you don’t like it, wait 5 min. Except for this winter – wait 5 months. Hope you get to see the light show. Re the title…I’d rather be impressed via currency, lol. Keep us posted on any more funny bloopers.

Susie – So sorry to hear you’re sick again!! What a doozie – double ear & sinus infection!!! But you’re still working away…just make sure you’re getting a lot of rest so as to help along your recovery. Feel better soon sistah!

Happy – Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby – 37 years is a long time! So’s 42!!! LOLOL re your mom giving you a dispensation on the no-meat Ash Wed. Enjoy your steak dinner!! So is the dry needling uncomfortable enough that you don’t want to have to do it again? See how you feel – it might be worth it if it gives you some relief.

Hellos to Annie and Terra!!!
++
Yesterday’s WW meeting showed a gain of 0.2 pounds from my last WW weigh-in. I’ve updated my ticker since I’ve been hanging around at a weight that’s about 5 pounds higher than I achieved last summer. I’m going to work on everything – eating, activity...attitude…

Nothing much else to report. I’m researching earphones/earbuds. Seems to be a lot of opinions out there. I don’t need anything with high sound quality – I actually listen to a lot more podcasts than I do music on my phone, so that’s not a big concern. But I’d like to get something better fitting (and there are a LOT of opinions on that subject), and longer lasting – the inline remote microphone on my current ones isn’t working so I can’t use it to answer phone calls or stop/start the audio player. Bleh.

Finally watched the Jimmy Fallon show I recorded a couple weeks ago. I only dvr’d it because his guest was Justin Timberlake, and from what I’ve seen previously, those two are hilarious together. Good show – they did a great rap song medley. I’ll have to watch for more of JT’s guest appearances so I can dvr them.

That’s about it for me. TTFN!!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #44
Some days not so much

Nope, ok then.

Susie - sorry to hear that you are on round 2 of being sick. With both ears and the sinus infected you must be really be hurting! And still you are working - what a trooper. I hope you can zip through this quickly - ugh.

Shad - how odd to hear you talking about snow. The last time I remember you coming in contact with it was when you took that train trip up in northern Canada - the Rocky Mountain Mountaineer something or other. You must really be freezing!

Ceejay - hope things have defrosted down your way. There is a special sort of icing that happens in southern ice storms. Brrr. I can believe your car was frozen in. Yum, I love pot pies even if the crust (best part) make them calorie bombs

Michelle - glad you got a good session with the PT. Sounds like this will help you a lot. Thanks for the info on the avocados. I just bought 3 of them and am looking forward to a couple of good meals. I'm sorry to hear that Santa is slow to heal. Poor guy

Annie - hope you are doing better today. I'm sure that Sissy will appreciate you being available to help her out next week and someone will need Lil Man / Big Bro to play with him while Mom's a little busy so find your smile and remember there are some good things to be had besides the sadness.

Laura - hope your weigh in wasn't too dreadful. One should get a pass from weighing in on Fat Tuesday. I think you are right about each generation loving the time when they were young. My Mom liked the 40's when they'd dress up and go downtown and meet sailors and go to dance halls - I called her a floozy picking up guys but she said nope, pure as the driven snow - no hanky panky like when I went to dance clubs and the guys were trolling for "love the one you're with" I would only be young again if it were the 70's all over again. My sister is fond of the 80's herself. I would have to say my least favorite Sandra B movie is Blindside. She's sort of a supporting character in that I think. She does do a good job in Gravity and if you look at it from the point of isolation and I guess a bunch of deeper things I never gave thought to when I watched it - it was a very good acting job that she did.

I think we kind of decided we are going to put off going to dinner until the weekend. This time of year is REALLY slow around here. A lot of businesses and restaurants close up between March and May 1 so in a field of not much to pick from, now there's even less. That's ok, I have stuff in the freezer to make a good meal for us. DH just announced it's 25 degrees out - whoo hoo - heat wave!!!! Will have to go stick my face in the sunshine.

Have a good day all.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #45
Some days not so much

Laura - I meant to say that I love your spring avatar!!!!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.