Old 03-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Shufti - strange word for "go take a look see". I think it might have been one my father brought back from overseas after the war, along with bakshee and a few other which will probably spring to mind when I am trying to sleep. Sun got up well after I did Happy. It really is getting light later these days. In fact the sun didn't come up until after I had been at work around 25 minutes.

Last edited by Shad; 03-02-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: I have to have a reason to change my mind?????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
If I retire at 65 which are my plans only 1.5 months to go. On days like today, I want out of here now. My nerves are getting the best of me today.

Shad
Why are you up before the sun??????

------------
It's day's like today that I really want to retire. And during my panic attack here at work, I texted my sister in MO and told her I was ready to retire. This is the worse panic attack yet. Now I am getting a migraine and dreading driving home in this MESS. The tree limbs are bending over and the power lines are sagging with all the ice. It does make a beautiful picture though.
I've been trying to keep the tanks as full as possible. and my favorite lineman is on duty and out working. He called my other favorite lineman for a different location so prayerfully things will not be tooooooooooo bad as the night goes on. It sounds as though it's sleeting now.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-02-2014 at 06:12 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #18  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sending prayers to all the Midwestern chicks dealing with lousy, dangerous weather.

Ceejay - I hope you made it home safe. Do you have 15 months or 1.5 months 'till you retire. I hope all the city crews out working in that awful weather stay safe too.

Ran some errands today, and lunch with my friend B who has cancer. He's waiting for his next surgery to be scheduled. He'll be in the hospital for a week and then at a care facility for another week or two. I told him that I'd feed his cats on my way to and from work.

D has been working at a big bridge tournament all weekend, and he'll be at another big tournament in San Francisco this week. Since he'll be working long hours and since the tournament pays for a hotel room for him, he'll be sleeping there. I'll miss him, but it's better than him making the drive when he's tired.

I've got to go get a load of wash on and fix something for dinner.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #19  

Evening all. Just turned on the Oscars Red Carpet show, well in progress.

Michelle – Good for you doing the bike and weights. You’re right, I do enjoy the classes, I just haven’t gotten myself into a groove with them. I need to get some structure back into my evenings, including the classes. Good luck with your bloodwork results!!

Ceejay – Glad you found yourself a comforter for the new bed. It’ll be fun to shop for the accents. Maybe I’ll do that in our bedroom – buy a solid color, or very muted pattern comforter and then buy or make some nice lively throw pillow covers/shams. Gosh, the ice sounds awful. Sorry this weather’s gotten you so anxious. I hope you get through your workday and that tomorrow’s better. Be safe!! I sure hope your niece’s fiancé gets out of Russia without any problems tomorrow!

Susie – Thanks for getting us started on the new thread for March. Wow, you’re in for a lot of snow in your area! I just heard that the federal government already shut down offices on Monday. I’m sure you’re all set to work from home, warm and safe. Whoohoo on your weight loss this week!!! Great job Susie!! The flu might have helped you a bit this week, but definitely use this as a springboard to continue your progress. I think I’m finally ready to get back to business as far as weight loss goes. I’m going to use my upcoming annual physical exam next month as a motivation to get back on plan and show a loss from my last visit 6 months ago. I believe my strategy going forward will be to stick to a firm routine during the week and be a bit relaxed on the weekend. First thing has to be having my food all planned out!! Hope your hub’s sleep study went well and you enjoyed your time w/ your nephews.

Happy – I too hope March goes out like a lamb, or at least with some more seasonally normal temps. Coming into the month…we got several inches of snow yesterday, and now we’re getting chilly temps the next few days. I never have any expectations of March weather, but I do have hopes it starts to show signs of spring. Yes, the park district has a good number of classes, but I did join the gym that bf joined because they also have classes ((no, not nearly the variety) and I thought it was a bonus to have all the equipment, the pool and the Jacuzzi. I do still want to try and take advantage of all that…Did you get out for a drink with the cuz?

Shad – Sounds like a wonderful weekend you had. Thanks for the photos, yet again. Nice to be getting out and about on your weekends. My “out and about” has been mainly limited to dog walks, for which we have a new blanket of snow to refresh the old gray/black piles. Hope you get to the botanic gardens for the light show!! At work before the sun comes up, wow. Hope you leave the office before sundown!!

Terra – Sounds like a busy week coming up when you also factor in all the walks!

Annie - Where you at girlfriend?? We're here for you sister!!
==
Kept fairly busy this weekend. Did some icky cleaning jobs around the house, did a couple dogwalks, some laundry, balanced several month’s worth of bank statements to my checkbook (how does that get out of hand like that?)…but not my taxes.

My former Jazzercise instructor has offered me a year for $199 and I just might have talked myself into it. Even if I just went to classes on Saturday mornings, it would be worth it. I dunno.

Okay, gonna get this posted and watch the Oscars. Ellen Degeneres is a likable host. Jim Carrey’s up on stage right now, his face just makes me laugh, lololol.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

We have ice and we have snow but it's less than they predicted. I hope things are in good shape in the morning but I know the commute will be slow.

DH said that he feels like he got a deeper sleep last night. Next week we will know what sort of CPAT machine they recommend for him and we will then get it.

I had a GREAT time with my nephews. They make me laugh and some time with them was what I needed to really relax for a bit.

Happy-thanks for posting the new thread to the old one. I didn't realize we did that. Do you just copy and paste it?

Did you go have a glass of wine with the cousins? I think it sounds like a good idea

Are you feeling better? I didn't really have much of a cough with the flu I had, it was more of a stomach bug or something for me.

Shad: I didn't come up with the title for March--I think that Michelle or CJ posted it,

You have so many cool things going on around you. The light show is something right up my alley.

Ceejay:Hang in there retirement is right around the corner.

Michelle: You did great with going ahead and getting a workout in even if it wasn't the one that you had planned.

Also, it is so nice of you to help your friend out. You are a great source of friendship and practical help to him during this time.

Terra: It sounds like you have a busy week. I find it hard to get work outs in when things are busy for me..and that seems like every day now. Shad had good advice to us.

Laura, I have never done Jazzercise but I think it would be fun--like dancing right?

Annie...we are missing you.

I am headed to bed now. 5:30 a.m. comes early
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #21  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

ANNIE - get back here. Don't make me pull out the cattle prod, rolling pin AND have Mellie spook you!!!! If you can't use the pc at work then at least let us know. We do worry, my dear.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #22  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

ceejay52 ~ Thats good that your almost ready to retire.

Michelle ~ Thanks for the prayers for us dealing with the snowy cold weather

Laura ~ Yes its gonna be a very busy week but Im looking forward to it.

Susie ~ Yeah she did give us good advice

Im about walk for the 1st time today in about 30 mins and then I'll walk again before bed. Im not gonna be able to get my 2:30 walk in today cause we have to go run errands at that time. On a sad note: I've gained 5 pounds but that only means I have to work harder.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #23  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Last one out, first one in I see.

Today is the Humane Society shindig. I am still trying to figure out what to make. Will head off to the grocery store in a bit to check out prices on a couple of things. I'm going to wait until it warms up to at least zero before I head out. Going to be a busy week - something going on every single day this week.

Did go meet the cousins for a burger and a couple of drinks. I had a walleye (fish) sandwich - grilled. Found the only thing that wasn't deep fried in the place It was nice to get out for a bit. Lots of snowmobilers out even though it was very cold out.

Looks like a lot of you are caught up in the winter storms that are tearing across the country. Be safe, especially those of you dealing with the icing. I'd rather have 2 feet of snow than a half inch of ice.

Susie - sounds like DH might benefit from that sleep study - that's good news. Sometimes they have to tweek the mask a bit to find one that he feels comfortable with - just be aware of that. Glad you had fun with the kids. Eeeee gads - you get up at 5:30???? Bad enough getting up early but that time of the (night) in the winter when it's cold and dark - aarrrghh.
As to your question about transitioning threads - we just include / imbed a link in the last post where you can click on over to the new post.

Annie - where are you??????????????

Terra - when I was checking out the weather today I thought I saw that it's really, really cold out your way. Are you getting bad weather too? I guess that would be good that you have inside walking to do while shopping.

Laura - geez it looks like you got snow on Saturday and more to come??? I guess the difference is that you guys are getting more snow but you have the breaks in between to allow it to melt. My sister said grass was even starting to peek out (just barely) from the edge of the sidewalk. Oh boy - the pool and Jacuzzi at the gym would be enough incentive to get me to the gym. So did you make a decision on the Jazzercise classes? Sounds like a fun activity.

Michelle - that's nice of you to look after B's cats while he's in the hospital. It's nice to have that peace of mind on at least one thing while everything else is swirling around in your head. Hope he is doing ok with his treatments. Sounds like D is very busy too. How's the weather out by you?

Ceejay - I am hoping for safe travels for you today. I see it's pretty messy down that way. I'd be hiding under the bed. I agree that there is a beauty in the ice covered branches twinkling like diamonds but the power outages and slip and sliding are so not worth it. Be careful Missy!!!

Shad - I see you also have those unique family terms and sayings. Did you made it down to the Botanical Gardens for that light show?

Well time is flying by, better get off my duff and get to the store before it's time to head out the door and I'll be empty handed. Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #24  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

happy2bme ~ Yeah it is really cold here but I wouldnt say its bad weather though.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #25  

Taking forever to get this posted – darn work keeps interfering, hahaha.

Susie – Glad you didn’t the amount of precip you expected. Hope your commute was decent this morning. Yes, Jazzercise is like dancing, lots of great music too. In my case, I have a wonderful instructor that just makes it so much more fun than it already is. Unfortunately, I no longer live in the area in which she teaches, so it’s a bit more of a drive than I’d like. But I have occasionally gone back for limited stints. I did three months last summer. I’d forgotten how hot her one non-A/C space gets in the summer, LOL. But her Saturday morning class space has A/C, and if I were to go back, I’d likely be going only on Saturday mornings. We’ll see…

Michelle – So good of you to help your friend B with his cats.

Terra – Yeh, if the scale isn’t going the way you want, something’s got to change. I sure know I need to work harder - I’ve been slacking off on just about everything lately. Let’s do it girl!!

Happy – Good for you eating fish, and not deep fried! Kind of odd, but I’ll usually only eat a grilled fish sandwich at either Portillo’s or Hooters, neither of which we visit all that often anyway. Just too easy to go wrong at places like that... Re the snow – we got quite a bit on Saturday and it made the outdoor hockey game (Hawks/Penguins) at Soldier Field that night very interesting – glad I was at home watching it on TV! This morning it was sunny when I got on the train, but snowing downtown here. Looking at the 10-day forecast, after today I see highs in the 20’s and 30’s and am actually just fine with that. The snow doesn’t bug me that much. Haven’t decided on the Jazzercise classes yet, and I haven’t heard back from my instructor yet either – I told her I was considering it, and asked her if the offer was still good since she’d sent it last Thursday and I didn’t respond ‘til yesterday. Re the gym amenities – I suppose I should just bring my swimsuit & water shoes with me when I go and then there would be no reason not to enjoy the Jacuzzi or the sauna. I’m not much of a swimmer, but if they happen to have kickboards available, I could certainly do a pool workout. Enjoy the Humane Society event!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

==

Nothing much to report after my late post yesterday. It was pretty nice watching the Oscars at home with just bf and doggy. I usually go to the movie group’s party each year, but I just wasn’t feeling it this year, so I stayed home. Gravity won so many awards, really want to see it now!

Later bedtime than usual last night, so I have a feeling I’ll be hitting a wall towards the end of the workday.

This week I’m taking Friday off work. I have a doctor’s appointment, and then I think I’m going to get a massage. Need to set that up.

That's it for me! Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #26  

Oh, I've been in touch with Annie via text this morning. She said she's just sad and depressed. I told her we're here for her!!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #27  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

I didn't want to get up today. I didn't fall asleep until after 11, partly because I was waiting for clothes to dry until 10 pm. I like to get the clothes fresh out of the dryer whenever possible so that I can minimize wrinkles.

I watched the Oscars. I wasn't really interested in the awards per se, I just love Ellen. And in my opinion, she really made the show fun and entertaining. I loved when she appeared as Glinda. I'd never seen her in a dress before! I only saw one of the movies up for best picture (Gravity), and I thought it was very good. So now I'm interested in seeing "Dallas Buyers Club" and "12 Years a Slave". I'm not sure if I'll go see "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Blue Jasmine", "American Hustle", and some of the other movies though.

I didn't get to the gym on Saturday or Sunday, but I'm planning on going after work today.

================
Laura - Which of the Oscar movies had you seen? Which would you recommend? A year of Jazzercise for $199, that would be worth it if the times were convenient.

Susie - Congrats on the great weight loss!! Sorry you had to lose it in such an unpleasant manner, but definitely use it as a jumpstart to continued progress. I hope your husband's sleep study went well. If he does have sleep apnea, he should notice sleeper better/deeper at night with his CPAP machine. I love mine and use it every night and for naps. Glad you had fun with your nephews. Sometimes playing with kids and/or animals is just what you need to relieve stress.

Annie - How are you doing, sista? Sending you lots of love and hugs. We're all thinking of you and here for you.

Happy - What a hectic ending to your Friday at the store. Glad you got to the bank in time. I've got to check the class schedules at the gyms around my work and home and see when yoga is offered. Thanks for asking about my tests. Over the weekend, I received notifications that my test results have been posted online. I don't know if my doc didn't test my HA1C, but I haven't seen that result. The other results are good though. And while my LDL cholesterol is in the normal range, the doc says it should be lower for diabetics, so she's increasing my cholesterol med with a re-check in two months. The phrase "warms up to at least zero" is just so wrong. I do NOT miss that. Funny about your comment to Susie about getting up at 5:30. I used to have to do that...now I can usually sleep in until 6:15 or 6:30. To answer your question, the weather here has been overcast and off and on rainy for a few days. And we need the rain so no one is complaining. Though in some areas of Southern CA, where they had recent wildfires, there's no vegetation to hold the dirt in place so they had some mudslide issues with the recent storms. It's supposed to be on and off rain for the next few days I think. The temps have been in the upper 40s in the morning and get up to mid 60s during the day. Have fun at the Humane Society pot luck. Let us know what you end up making, and share the recipe of course.

Terra - With all the walking you do at home and when running errands, you should consider wearing a pedometer. I'm sure WalMart or other places have fairly inexpensive ones. Some people shoot for 10,000 steps a day as a goal. So sorry to hear about the weight gain. You're getting exercise...how are you doing with your eating? Do you use MyFitnessPal? A lot of us are on that, not that I'm all that diligent about tracking.

Laura - I'm working on getting structure back in my evenings and finding a balance between too crazy busy and being a sloth. After doing laundry last night, I repacked my gym bag to include my swimsuit. No excuse for me not to do water aerobics this week. If you like Sandra Bullock, you'll like Gravity. If not...then you won't. I do really like Sandra Bullock and I liked her in Gravity about as much as "The Blind Side"...and I loved "The Blind Side". I felt like there were a few snarky comments at the Oscars that were supposed to be jokes...not sure if they came off that way though. One was by Cate Blanchett. She said to Sandra Bullock that she could watch her performance in Gravity forever, and she felt like she had. Ouch. I didn't see George Clooney at the Oscars, and I was surprised he wasn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Gravity. Thanks for texting Annie. I was just about to text her myself.

Ceejay - So sorry to hear about the panic attacks and migraines. The bad storms used to get me all worked up too. I used to hate the thought of driving in the awful weather and then having the weather get worse while I'm at work just to have to drive in the mess on the way home.

Shad - Thanks for sharing the photos of the GG house. Though I am disappointed you didn't get a photo of the hottie in uniform. And I loved the photos of the fresh market you posted on FB. I do hope that even though it's dark when you get into work that you leave during daylight. I used to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark when I lived in Wisconsin, and there it was too cold to get out for a noontime walk, so I literally didn't get out in the sun except for the weekends.

P.S.: Rats, my HA1C is up from 6.0 to 6.3. I'm going to shoot off an e-mail to my doc to see if she would let me try and bring it back down by eating better and exercising more. I don't want my diabetes meds increased. :-(

Well, time to get back to work.

Much love to all,

Last edited by diyana; 03-03-2014 at 01:43 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Well pooh. The light office got to go home today at noon, And guess who is answering the phone. Me. Then the water sewer guys went home at 2.30 p.m. Not sure if the electric crew came in today. The worked till the wee hours of the morning. The phone hasn't been that bad though so I shouldn't complain.
We got a bunch of freezing rain and sleet and a bit of snow. Looks to be about 6 inches and that's a bunch for us. My boss was good enough to come get me last night at work and then this morning. If I had my key's I could probably drive home tonight but I walked out the door with out them. I do have a spare house key in my billfold.
The sunshine is melting the ice even though the temperatures are in the low 20's. One of the outside doors is still frozen. We can't get to the lime room.
------------
Michelle
I texted my sis in MO and watched part of the Oscars. Then went to bed at 9.30 p.m. I enjoyed Ellen as host also. Hope your doctor lets you try the exercise to see if the HA1C will come down.

Terra
I'm looking forward to my retirement. Sure wish it could be sooner than later. You are doing great with the walking.

Laura
Lucky you in getting a message. I'm going to find out where to get one around here. May have to go to Paragould or Jonesboro. Thanks for checking on Annie.

Happy
I'm not much of a fish person. Brrr on the temps ya'll are having. It was 14 when my boss brought me to work.

Hi Susie and Annie

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-03-2014 at 03:55 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all.
We had it all as far as weather goes yesterday, bright blue skies and sunshine, biting cold northerly wind, clouded over and got rain, then got thunder and to top it off a brilliant sunset. Have to wait till I get home to get the photo up here.

Seems like Friday was the end of summer (last day of Feb is end of summer here) and then we have unsettled, cool stuff coming in. Need to go home for a dose of heat again.

I am up before the sun because the days are getting shorter. Where we used to have daylight at 0500, it is not now daylight until after 0600 and I leave home at 0630 to start work at 0645. Yes I do leave in daylight still. I try to get out of here around 1630-1700. I go home, put my feet up for half an hour or so an then get up and either do some housework or some exercise while deliberating about what to have for dinner. Tonight it will be Thai green curry pumpkin soup. Simple, easy to prepare, have some left over for tomorrows lunch etc.etc.etc.

Laura - did I see right on Linkedin that you have a new title - same job place (new job????) Congratulations if this was so.

Michelle - you really need to come to terms with the diabetes before it gets too much of a hold. I guess diet and exercise are the only way to get around it. Keep going you'll get there.

Ceejay - 1.5 years I think you meant to retirement. Good luck with that. We just heard that the Aus government has raised the retirement age from 67 to 69 - not that that will stop me if I decide to go. It just means I can't access a pension for a while longer. I can still draw my superannuation I think.

Terra - that's a lot to gain back. Could be fluid or hormones or something. Get walking faster!!!

Happy - grilled fish sandwich - sounds okay too. No, I didn't get to the light show. On account of the weather - see above. Doesn't look to promising tonight either.

Annie - sad and depressed is one thing. Coming here to have a laugh with us might help to cheer you up. Not long now until the babe gets here.

So here I am at work and going through some documents and I find a couple of mistakes. They give me the giggles.

1. 'Click X to close the message widow' - Message widow?!!!!! Is this something that happens when you shoot the messenger????
2. 'Lick the Enter key' - euwwwwwww - what. Come on now.

But's that's exactly what it said. See below. Come out very small, but you might be able to see what I am talking about.

Gotta go. Later dudes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lick the enter.jpg (6.6 KB, 6 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #30  
Choose your hard

Default Something I thought was worth sharing...

The Question: DO YOU LIKE GETTING OLDER?

I can hit the golf ball any way I can and laugh if it goes in the lake. Them's the breaks. I'm just happy I can still hit that golf ball.

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon - before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50, 60 & 70's, and if I, at the same time wish to weep over a lost love - I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bumpy body and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to despite the pitying glances from the younger crowd. They too will grow old one day.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break a little when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or
even when someone loses a beloved pet? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, sterile and untouched and will never understand the importance of comfort and sympathy.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep laugh lines on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So I can honestly say that I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while
I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single
day (if I feel like it) because I have learned the importance of having the best and savoring it now, rather than losing it to spoil one day.