3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #226

Morning all. Rainy today, and still chilly. Guess it’ll warm up a bit later on.

Pattience – Good of you to pick up rubbish on the beach. I know some of it’s from people who leave it behind – which is maddening that they leave it for someone else to deal with . But there must be a good amount of stuff that just lands there after being carried by the wind or washed in from the water? I'm finding that to be the case now that all the piles of snow have (almost) melted away from our property. I always think I should bring along an extra bag to pick up garbage when I’m walking the dog by the green space along the creek near our house, but I've never done it. I can barely keep up with the dog, let alone stop pick up garbage! (except for what doggy leaves behind, lol) Re the movies – I do like movies based on real people, and it’s nice when they are based on a book and you can see how many dramatic liberties were taken in the movie, haha. And the book is always better, IMO.

Ceejay – Glad work wasn’t too bad for you yesterday. Is it your weekend yet?? So do you get good views of the sunset in your area?? Do you go to the top of a water tower, LOL. That might be a nice perk – if one’s not fearful of heights, haha.

Shad – Nice to get some of the documents approved and off your plate for the time being. Will you be going full speed until the go-live? Re the pushups – yeh, my arms have firmed up a bit too. But I still prefer half or ¾ sleeves because my upper arms always get cold indoors. Coal is fine with kids – either indifferent to them, or seems to like the way they taste, LOL. No, doesn’t eat them, just licks them.

Susie – Your exercise room plans are coming right along. Yes, you must keep the end goal (REWARD) in mind when doing the unpleasant parts. We started our garage re-organization last fall right before the weather got so cold. We’d stood around in the garage and discussed the best use of the space, decided what we could move elsewhere and where things should go. We shifted some things around, removed the old decrepit jury-rigged storage “system”. We bought a wall system with all kinds of hooks with which to hang all our yard tools, ladder, etc. Bought a new shelving unit. And then it got really cold and that was the end of that. So now we have to pick up where we left off. I came across some notes I took about it the other day – I’ll have to dig them out again and hopefully we remember how we wanted to set it up. Very sweet of your hub to take your “niece” shopping for her Easter dress. I’m glad Easter is later this year – I always feel like it’s too cold for the kids to show off their Easter outfits. Just maybe it'll be more spring-like in three weeks.

Michelle – Sounds like you’ve got a great yoga teacher! How many students are in your class? It's nice she can give individual attention to you. I hope you’re feeling better today. You’re absolutely right about leaving Coal alone with pretty much anyone who doesn’t know him well. Coal has slipped out the door as people come/go – that would be an awful thing to happen if we weren't around. I’m sure bf has also learned from this incident. Did you get the e-mail issue rectified?

Annie – Your interview might be over by now – hope it went well!!!

Hi Terra!!

--
Went to a Zumba class last night. I like the instructor (I’ve taken her classes before), and it was a good class. I’ll try to catch her class on weeknights since I can’t make her Saturday morning classes now that I’m doing jazzercise that day. Well, it’s feasible - if I wanted to do two classes one right after the other, LOL. Jazzercise is at 7:55 am and the Zumba is at 9:45. But that would pretty much kill me, so no thanks.

Having lunch with a work buddy today. I have to get to a Hallmark store for a couple greeting cards. Maybe right after work??

Okay, better get this posted and get on with the day. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705 : 03-27-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #227

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

Posting early today as tonight I have TOPS and it is the night that I "play" surregote mommy to our friends four girls.

On Thursday's I or my DH pick them up from the afterschool activites, we all eat dinner together with their parents and then their mom and dad usually go to a movie or shopping or even just into another room of the house and the kids know not to bother them and my husband take care of what is needed---such as check homework, make sure they get baths/showers, brush teeth and we all usually play a game or maybe watch a tv show together.

We have done this since the first one was born. It really helps us to be involved in their lives and we have strong bonds with them. My friend asked me about this when the first one was born. She knew I couldn't have kids and this was a way of deeply sharing her children with me. I am forever greatful for her and this insite she had. It gives me my "mommy" fix.

I am hoping for a loss tonight at TOPS--I feel that I am down. I have worked hard with my food this week to eat well and stay in my calorie range.

Pattience: My fitness room is a spare bedroom that does't get used very often. I decided I would change it to something that I had a need for in my life and this was the choice. I used to get my workouts in at the local Y every night but now I work 1 hour from my house and so does my DH. We aren't home very long at night and can't really get to the Y so we need another option and this is it.

Right now I will have a treadmill that will be in the room. We are mounting a TV on the wall and it has a built in dvd player, that way I can do my workout videos as well. I also have other workout equipment such a stability ball, a step bench, free weights and exercise bands. I'm pretty exctied to get this room all pulled together.

I think it is really cool that you do clean up on the beach that you go too.

Shad: It seems that your work project is moving along pretty well. Will you take break between contract jobs or do you have something else already in the works? I don't really understand your job or how you manage it.

Ceejay: I need to buy a new digital camera myself. I'm tired of taking picutres with my phone. Is this a time of year that the sunsets are always pretty or is something special happening? I'm glad to hear that your work was a bit easier yesterday than the day before and that the new insurance has some changes for the better.

I want to wish Annie good luck today with her interview today. I'm saying prayers for you.

I will see you all tomorrow.

1st goal (Starting 06-29-14)
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #228
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Had a relaxing evening yesterday, D and I went out to dinner. After we got home, I did my plank challenge and then watched TV. I might try out a new yoga class this evening, or I might just go home and do the physical therapy exercises, my plank challenge and some yoga poses/stretches. My left shoulder's been bothering me for a few weeks. I've been really tired lately. I've had a hard time falling asleep before 11, and my sore shoulder hurts whether I sleep on my left side or my right.

==========================
Susie - That's great the painting and treadmill delivery are all scheduled! Your DH likes to shop...that's rare! So nice of him to take Layna to Macy's to buy a new dress. I received your PM about the shakes. I'll look into it and if, since I have diabetes, there's anything be careful of. So nice that you and your DH look after your friends' kids each week! Your fitness room sounds like it will be wonderful!! Good luck at TOPS!

Shad - Glad you got 6 of the docs off your plate and approved. And good on ya' for laying down the law that the docs will be published and not edited until after go live. I've had similar experiences to yours with offshore consultants and sales people having no idea with how things work and promising the moon without running it by the people who have to make it happen first.

Annie - I'm sending you lots of positive energy, good vibes and prayers. You'll do great, sister! You're smart, energetic, enthusiastic, friendly and you know your stuff when it comes to organizing people and events, and you know food as well.

Ceejay - Air in the lines? I hope that can be resolved easily.

Happy - How is the vertigo? How are the kitties and your DH?

Pattience - Good for you for cleaning up beaches! My teacher calls her style of yoga Kripalu. I don't know much about Iyengar, only that I've seen pictures of him in all kinds of what I call pretzel-ey poses. It's been my experience that some yoga teachers who teach at gyms/fitness centers are more like the other instructors (for Zumba, kickboxing, etc.) there...they demonstrate the poses, but aren't concerned with showing modifications or accommodating everyone's individual abilities. I am overweight and do find some yoga moves challenging, and the others just feel so good.

Laura - I totally remember all kinds of trash that suddenly appeared along the roadsides after the snow melted. That's so cute about Coal liking the way kids taste! The yoga classes are small, ranging in size from 3 or 4 students to 10 students, which is probably why she can give individual attention. Good for you for doing Zumba last night! As I was watching my DVR'ed recording of DWTS, I really felt like either taking a dance class...or just getting back to Zumba. I'll look today and see when the classes are offered at the gym locations near where I live and work. The e-mail issue was half rectified. The website can send notification emails to the person who signed up, and also to an admin address (if that address is NOT behind our firewall). Meaning that my company's SPAM filter seems to block incoming emails from the new website. Interestingly if I set the admin email address to be my Gmail account, and then set an auto-forwarding filter on my Gmail account to forward emails from the website to my work email address, then the spam filter doesn't block it. I'll be working on it some more today.

Gotta get back to it.

Much love and many hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #229
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I'm curious as to how many reps you did of each of the yoga poses. I like the stretches that Peggy Cappy does before the other yoga moves. These are done using a chair also.

Annie
Sounds like you had a good day out.

Laura
Yes I've started my 3 day week end. And I'm not over doing anything. Just what I want to do.
--------------
I had another good day yesterday at work. Just had to run the plant differently. I did take notes and type them up for every one so it would be easier the next time, mainly for my benefit. Seems like they schedule things like this on my shift.
I might add the air in the line were in the water pipes. and it was playing havoc with the pumps. I had to keep bleeding off the pressure in the pipes that run to the pumps. I flushed the toilet and water shot up like a gizer (sp)
We're having some rain at the moment with some thunder.
Did something different this morning by ordering my refills on line. they will be ready tomorrow
Old 03-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #230

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

We are at the end of March or at least will be on Monday. Anyone suggest an April title????

Back later, when I finish kicking this $%^&*( consultant.

Leave it to me at the moment and it might be something like Worldlies 'Awfully Aggressive and Anti in April'

Last edited by Shad : 03-27-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #231
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

How about "Happy's Turning 60 and Pretty P.O.'d about the idea"????
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #232
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Could everyone send or post their birthdays please? I had them on my calendar at work and did not get them transferred before leaving. Thank you. Mine is 6/12.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #233

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Nope - definitely not Happy. Keep your P.O. to yourself, since I will be turning 65.

Just thank your lucky stars you are retired.

Annie - I am on 25/04. Now since I am not over there, that's the 25th April, just incase anyone thought we had 25 months in the year.

Back later when I get a couple of drinks below the belt. Ie. it is nearly knock off time on Friday.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #234
gettin' with the plan

Happy
60 is not bad but I had trouble with that number too. Life only get's better.

Shad
That title sounds good to me.

Annie
My birthday is 8/27.
---------------------------
Looking at the radar before I go to bed. But still not sleepy since I had a two hour nap this afternoon. Love to sleep when it's raining plus took a muscle relaxer. Lower back has been killing me this week.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 03-28-2014 at 12:27 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:54 AM   #235
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

My news is that i've had a sore tummy and that has meant i didn't want to eat much so yay for sore tummies! Just kidding. Its not serious but i don't know what it is.

Other than that i have been sewing up lots of trousers today. Well working on lots they are all at different stages but I love them all because each is in a different fabric. I will be curious to see what sort of response they will get at the market on Sunday. Fingers crossed i sell some. Or even just one pair. (The market is still very quiet so i can't expect to make a lot of money really. OUr season doesn't start until Easter.

Laura, I had a go at Zumba. I was hopeless of course but i recognised a quality workout for my brain. I wish it was more motivating to go because i would have liked to do it more but i just didn't find it motivating. It was even a good price and close to home. But that was last year. But its good its working for you.

Mychoice, what is TOPS? Is it a weight loss group? My father has been building a gym for about two years. He spends a lot more time making equipment than working out on it but i have to say, i think its doing him a lot of good.

Diyana, sorry to hear you have a shoulder problem. I hope you can get it examined by a doctor. There is a physical exam that doctors do to help diagnose. There are things like tears and burs and stuff so you wouldn't want to keep aggravating it. But I hope its not serious. Do get it checked out if it persists for too long.

Iynegar instructors can do a lot of weird things with their bodies but so can a lot of other highly trained yoga instructors but don't worry those positions are for the very advanced person, not the beginner or intermediate which most classes are.

I Looked up Kripalu on wikipedia. I got the general idea now.

Ceejay, what sort of plant is it? I love sleeping when its raining too.

Shad To go with your theme, Wild and Unwieldy Worldies in April. Do i have to look out for a new thread soon. If i fall off the end, its because i've lost you.

Happy, Commiserations on your upcoming birthday. I know how that feels. I think we all do by now. The good thing is the feeling will pass.

Annie, mine is October 11. Don't send me any cake! ;-)
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #236

Morning all. TGIF!! It’s raining again this morning. Well, it was sort of like slush for a short time on my walk to the train station, but that didn’t last long, thankfully.

Susie – How was your TOPS meeting last night? Your mommy (and daddy) night w/ the friends’ kids sounds fun. What did you do this time?

Michelle – Did you try out the new yoga class last night? Nice that the other class is small in size and allows for the personal attention. I hope the pain in your shoulder eases up. Kind of funny that the firewall blocks e-mail from its own website, but will accept e-mail from a gmail account…

Ceejay – Good you took notes for yourself on the alternate running of the plant. A nap while it’s raining sounds very nice indeed. We had rain throughout the day yesterday, and last night there were one or two claps of thunder, but that was about it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Shad – How about “Worldlies Up the Ante for an Awesome April”?? Enjoy your weekend.

Annie – How do you think your interview went yesterday? My birthday is July 5th.

Happy – How was your yoga class on Wednesday? I forget if you had a doc appointment or a PT appointment yesterday. Whatever you had – have you gotten any relief from the vertigo? How are hubby and kitties??

Pattience – I hope your tummy is no longer sore. Good luck selling the trousers!! Re Zumba – you’re absolutely right that the choreography is also a workout for your brain. Same thing with a step class I took a while back – much more complicated choreography than I’d had in any previous step classes, and I knew my brain was working to get my body to execute. Not all that successfully, but I guess that comes with repeated trys.

Hellos to Susie & Terra!!

==
Struggling with my eating lately. Today it was a victory not stopping on the walk from the train station to the office to buy a snack of some sort. I have some fruit at work I will eat between meals, but only if needed. Today I will try to drink a lot of water. My snacking is habitual and out of boredom...not from hunger. Have to get out of that habit!

Nothing special going on this weekend. I thought I might get out in the yard and rake up the leaves that have mostly piled up in the flower borders and around the edges of the lawn. The temps are supposed to be milder, but I think it’ll probably be too damp…we’ll see. I might get out there anyway, in my rubber boots.

I'll be going to jazzercise class tomorrow morning, and then I need to get the taxes done!

Okay, back to the grind. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #237
gettin' with the plan

Pattience
Sorry I forget that we have new people. I work in a water treatment plant for our city's water supply. Hope your tummy is feeling better.

Annie
I'm curious too how did the interview go.

Laura
I've been struggling with food for awhile. Don't really know why. I need to be out doing some yard work but right now it's too wet.

--------------------
While at the grocery store yesterday I saw a bag of 15 bean soup. I have them cooking now and they smell so good. Should have looked at the package cause I need a can of tomatoes to go in them. Mom used to fix these.
I need to call my sister this afternoon and ask if I can go to Branson the first of May. I need to get away for a week end.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #238
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Shad ~ It has definitely become a habit, I dont know if you were referring to me or yourself but I thought I would reply.

Pattience ~ Welcome to the thread, Im not sure if I've welcomed you yet, Sorry if I had already.

Susie ~ Yeah tracking it on a map would be interesting but Im not sure how to do that.

Laura ~ Yeah I wish Clyde enjoyed walking like he did when he was younger but your right walking without a dog lets you keep your pace.

Michelle ~ Yeah thats true, It is neat that you can track your miles.

Ceejay ~ Yes I did walk yesterday. I havent walked today yet but Im still trying to wake up.

Happy ~ Happy Birthday or Happy Early Birthday if it hasnt came yet. I hope you have a wonderful day on your birthday

As soon as I wake up some Im gonna go walk for the 1st time today.

Treat Others The Way You Would Want To Be Treated

I LOVE BRENT SMITH OF SHINEDOWN
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #239
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I went to another yoga class last night. Different instructor. This was an even more relaxing and stretching class than the one I usually go to. I like the instructor well enough. She's sweet and gentle and caring, and showed modifications and made a point of mentioning which poses weren't good for bad backs (as there were other students in addition to me who have back issues). The only thing I didn't like is that she called three different poses "Mountain Pose", and none of them were the "Mountain" pose that my other instructor showed where you just stand solidly like a mountain. I might still go back to that class if I have nothing better to do on Thursday nights, but I really prefer my other instructor. I'm finding these smaller classes through Meetup.com. I'm sure the classes at my gym would have a lot more people, but I'll give those a try too.

To answer Ceejay's question, we usually do a pose two or three times and hold each pose for 4 or 5 deep slow breaths (so around 25-30 seconds per pose), then we release the pose and go back into it.

After work, I'll probably do water aerobics, and then I might get together with some friends or if D gets home early enough, we might go out for dinner and a movie.

Tomorrow will be a spent taking care of stuff around the house, and then on Sunday a friend of mine who does housecleaning for a living will be helping me clean B's house. Since he's disabled and in a lot of pain after his cancer surgeries and treatments, he hasn't been able to keep up with the cleaning. He was going to hire someone anyone, and I suggested my friend P since she does housecleaning and could use a bit of extra cash. I'll help as much as I can without compromising my back.

============================
Ceejay - I'm glad you're going to have a nice relaxing 3 days off! You've certainly earned some R&R. I'm so sorry you're having lower back issues...maybe some of the Peggy Cappy stretches can help? A weekend trip to Branson sounds like something really fun to look forward to. As for birthdays, I didn't know you were a Virgo too. Enjoy your bean soup!

Shad - As for kicking the consultant...been there done that. I hope you didn't damage him so much that he couldn't get the work done. I hope the drinks were yummy. Sounds like a great way to start the weekend. As for thread titles, the one Laura suggested is really good.

Happy - I got a laugh out of your idea for the thread title. But my dad always used to say, "Getting older isn't bad at all when you consider the alternative." I can't say if I'll have trouble with the 6-0 birthday. I had a bit of trouble with turning 50...but mostly because of what was going on in my life at the time...which is why I had the 50th birthday do-over in 2013. I hope the vertigo has eased up.

Pattience - I hope your tummy feels better soon. Good luck with selling your trousers! I hope you do well. I really loved Zumba and miss it. I hope I'll find a good class so I can get back to it. I'll probably get my shoulder looked at by a doctor. As for getting lost when we start the new thread, whoever sets up the new thread always puts a link on this thread directing us to now post on the new thread...so if you get lost, just come back here, go to the last post, and there should be a link to get you to the new post.

Laura - Slushy, sleety rain is no fun to walk in, so I'm glad it didn't last long. I really like your idea for the thread title! Like you, I snack out of habit and boredom. Have a great time at Jazzercise!

Susie - I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Annie - How did your interview go? Are you still helping Sissy every day? Does Jacob get jealous when you hold Royce? Or is he dealing better with the concept of sharing attention? My birthday is 9/9.

Terra - Has the weather warmed up enough so you can walk outside? It's really great that you're walking. I hope to get my back better soon so I can walk and hike more.

Time to get some more stuff done.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #240
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi there beautiful sisters,

Sorry I have been away - things got the better of me. I am going to babble for a bit so if you want to skip to personals, skip this post and go to the next one...

On Wednesdays our local radio station has an auction in which local businesses offer goods, services or coupons at a discount of 40 to 60 percent off. This Wednesday they had their big spring auction that had several items I was interested in. Some can be purchased flat out (ie. a dining certificate valued at 10 dollars at a cost of 6 dollars), others are bid upon and highest bidder wins at the end of the auction block. It's very popular and I must have dialed the phone about a hundred times. I did get through several times - some things I won, some things I was outbid on. I did get a couple of dining certificates, a pontoon (boat) rental at half price good for an all day 9am to 5pm rental, a couple of discount coupons for our local gardening place where I get my spring plants and the biggest score of all was not one but two 10 punch swim passes good at a local hotel. They offered one pool punch card at the 10am auction, and one at the 11 o'clock auction. I got the 10am one at close to the retail price - it was a very popular bid item. I then bid on the second one at 15 minutes before the hour ended and got that one for 10 dollars less than the first one. All in all, I still got them for under the retail price. So now I can go swimming again after 3 long years - I do miss my pool in Tennessee even though I would not be swimming there at this time of year.

Then I went to the new yoga class. OMG - the instruction is FABULOUS. A-MAZE-ZING. Angels sing. This is exactly the kind of person you want as a yoga teacher. She is soooooo serene. I was quite nervous about doing a 90 minute class with the way I have been feeling but we spent the first session on introductions and then she led us through an hour long relaxation session. It was incredibly serene. I swear I could feel the energy flowing - at the end she said to be careful what we were doing for the next hour or so, because this sort of thing tended to make one a bit fuzzy in the head for a bit. And she was right. I felt wonderful when I walked out of there - can't wait for next week. All I could think of was how much several of you who are stressed out at the moment could have benefited from this. I wish you were on the mats with me. And she encouraged us to, and I remember some of the things so I can "practice" during the week. One lady said she was actually able to breathe out the pain she was having in her leg. I haven't gotten that good yet, but it's encouraging.

Afterwards we stopped at the radio station to pick up our auction treasures and then went to a local favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner.

Thursday I had an early morning doctor's appointment. We were due for a storm that started off with rain, progressed to icy sleet and then full on snow. I was quite happy to see that the wind shifted and the storm was coming in later that afternoon instead of starting in the wee hours of the morning. Doctor's report was good. My blood sugar A1C is just a tweet over normal at 6.0 - she said it bounces between 5.7 (normal) and 6.0 so I'm sure with exercise and a bit less sugar and carbs I can get that down. My cholesterol is elevated - HDL is great, LDL is higher. I'm sure it's those cheese and cracker snacks I am fond of. They brought up the suggestions of statins (cholesterol lowering drugs) and I politely refused Too many side effects with that including achy limbs and I already have those in spades. The doctor had a really nice, young medical student working with her and Anna said they are finding that when it comes to cholesterol, it's not so much the natural cholesterol in foods that is the problem (think eggs getting a bad rap) but it's actually the saturated fats in foods that really elevate the LDL. Again, let's give it a try with diet and exercise. She also recommended incorporating foods with plant sterols in them. I really don't like the margarine / buttery spread substitutes and asked if I can't incorporate foods like fresh salmon, oatmeal, flax seeds. She said those are good but the sterols act as a booster to lower LDL cholesterol. So I compromised and purchased some Benecol Smart Chews. My triglicerides dropped to a normal range for the first time in a couple of years so that's good. Vit D, sodium, calcium and others are all in the good range. All in all a good report so I was pleased and committed to doing better. My cousin's wife said she would love to come swimming with me and needs exercise too so we can do the water walking and I have PT water exercises. I did miss the Thursday morning yoga class (again). I was just too unsteady to be able to do it.

My knee and leg are tolerably painful - meaning they hurt but I can deal with it. However in the wee hours of Thursday morning I got up for a potty run and before I even got out of bed, I could tell the vertigo was full on. I had a difficult time getting from bed to bathroom as the room was tipped severely down and to the right. It was as if my right side was being pulled by force to the floor. I wasn't sure I'd make it. This was probably the worst I've had it in years. I woke up in the morning and it was no better. I staggered literally to the doctor's - was as if I was mildly drunk. She offered to try and get me in to see the physical therapist but I know he is booked solid. I have an appointment next Thursday morning. He is only at this office on Tuesday and Thursday. She said she'd call herself to see if he'd squeeze me in but I said no, didn't want DH having to drive 30 minutes each way with an ice storm approaching. As it was, when we left the doctor's an icy glaze was forming on the pavement. I spend all of yesterday in a dizzy stupor and didn't do much at all except for some phone calls, a bit of reading and some computer stuff.

Today I am just slightly dizzy - not as bad as yesterday. Not sure what's going on but I was betting yesterday - hoping actually - that this would pass.

Got an email from the thrift shop coordinator - they have scheduled a volunteers' meeting next week where they will offer suggestions for the short list of places to relocate the shop to. The building was covered by insurance as were the contents but apparently the insurance is not enough to rebuild They are going to raze the building and sod (lay grass) over the lot so as not to be an eyesore. I'm actually quite surprised about this, however I'm thinking that because it's main street, the city council probably has a number of mandates and building codes that make it cost prohibitive with new construction. Many of those old buildings are close to 100 years old - our town is a very old town that was once a Norwegian logging camp in the 1800's. One of the other things we are going to attempt to do at this meeting is come up with an inventory of donated thrift items for the insurance adjuster. They have records of the new and logo items because we purchased those but have nothing for all the books and donated goods. Because it is dark, boarded over and dangerous to be in the building, the owner took pictures of the interior of the shop and we will be attempting to come up with a list of items based on the pictures. So last night I did a paper layout of the storefront sections as best I could remember. I have taken a really good look at things the last 2 weeks I was there, as I was making a serious effort (as were a few of us) to tidy things up, spring clean and get the shop nice to view. So a lot of stuff is fresh in my memory. Still it took me about 3 hours to make the floor diagram, but it was fun to use Microsoft Word again for more than just typing.

I'm hoping with my head a bit clearer today, I can get to some housecleaning. It's on the warmer side and quite sunny out there - looks like a nice day. We have nothing going on until Sunday - there is a wine & beer and cheese tasting fund raiser for the Humane Society. I was not planning on going but DH said "Happy - when the place BURNS DOWN - it would be kind of mean NOT to go to a fundraiser, wouldn't it???? Ok, I guess so. I'd rather just give them the money and skip the event but we will go and show our support. Don't they know I should not be eating

Thank you for putting up with my babbling. On to personals.

Last edited by happy2bme : 03-28-2014 at 01:03 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.