3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Old 03-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #151

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I swear I posted yesterday, but............ That which I thought I posted was from the day before, so I guess yesterday got away from me.

Not a lot to report. After Monday's short sleep, and Tuesday being a reasonable one, I sorted of faded Wednesday afternoon until I couldn't stop yawning over the computer. So I took myself off home, dithered about dinner or not and finally went to sleep on the couch and woke about 9.00pm, took myself off to bed to sleep until 5.30 this morning. So I reckon I am well and truly over the sleep lag now.
Work goes along its muddled way and we judder from crisis to crisis, but will no doubt get through it. For the life of me I can not understand why we use offshore consultants - just about everything needs to be done twice. Getting hold of them is a pain, and the language barrier is something else. Even when they speak English they either have thick accents or they use the wrong words and you waste time trying to work out what they are saying.
Enough. I've probably said too much already.

I'm off out to dinner with friends and the ex DH tonight. I will try to get personals in later in the day. But meantime, better go figure whats new to translate this morning.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #152
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy2bme ~ Thanks for believing in me. I write down my food, Is that the same thing as logging it? Just curious

Laura ~ Yeah I like walking outside when its nice

Michelle ~ Nope she didnt give me any specifics about the 1200 Calorie diet, She said to read labels and cut back on my eating and the only way I know how to do that is by counting calories.

Since its been nice outside Im gonna start walking once in the morning and once in the evening and then when it gets too hot to walk outside I will start walking inside but Im enjoying the fresh air for now though.

Started My Weight Loss Journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014

Started Tracking My Food On MFP May 13th,2014

Start 1200 Calorie Diet on June 11th 2014

Treat Others The Way You Would Want To Be Treated

I LOVE BRENT SMITH OF SHINEDOWN
Terra1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #153
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy Spring

Michelle
Thanks for those Yoga poses. I'm not sure of the Breath of Joy. Is that inhalation? I really need to do my Yoga DVD today.

----
I need to get out later in the day and clean up some more yard waste. And am very tempted to go out to the community center to walk and use the weight room.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 03-20-2014 at 10:11 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #154
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

I have yoga shortly so no personals for me right now. Not feeling great but I need to get out there and just do it. I will catch up on personals when I get back.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #155
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Happy First Day of Spring for most of us; Happy Autumn for Shad!

Yesterday, I took Santa to the dog park after picking him up from day care. He had a good time. He still holds his foot up a little, but now it's only roughly 10% of the time.

I've been getting to sleep too late nearly every day this week. Because of this, I haven't decided if I'm going to attend a workshop tonight or just relax at home.

========================================

Terra - Reading the labels can be very eye-opening. Definitely monitor the calories, fats (especially saturated), and if you have blood sugar issues like I do - carbs and sugars. I heard a suggestion that if you don't get a chance to write down what you eat right away, take a photo of your meal (or snack) with your smart phone (if you have one). That way you'll know what you ate and the portions, rather than relying on memory later.

Ceejay - The Breath of Joy is a "warm up" exercise. It's kind of strange. You do three quick inhalations through your nose, accompanying various arm movements, and then one long exhalation. So you don't exhale after each quick inhale, just after you inhale three times. Here's a URL of a video for it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_RBExOI9w). Here's another video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZ3v3w1h0g). And here's an article with the steps outlined (https://yogainternational.com/articl.../breath-of-joy). Basically, you do a quick inhalation as you bring your arms forward, then another quick inhalation as you bring your arms to your side, then another quick inhalation as you bring your arms overhead...then you exhale as you bend forward. We didn't move as quickly as this video demonstrates, and we didn't bend as far forward. We did 4 or 5 sets of these to get warmed up. If you get dizzy from the different way of breathing (3 quick inhalations followed by 1 exhalation), STOP. It's easy to get a light headed.

Happy - I hope you have a good time at yoga class. I know it will see strange not going to the thrift store afterward.

to Shad, Annie, Laura and Susie!

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #156
Turning Into A New Woman

Michelle ~ Yeah Im sure it is gonna be eye opening. I'll be sure to monitor the calories & fats. Thankfully I dont have problems with my blood sugar, Im sorry you do,Thats a bummer. Nope I dont have a smart phone, Just a track phone and I only got it to keep in contact with my mom when I was out of town but now that I dont go out of town I dont use it anymore.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #157

Morning all,
And it looks like being a beautiful day again. I need to do some shopping tonight so will be off to the supermarket after work. It's becoming very hard to figure out what to do with the food I still have, which isn't much in the way of fresh stuff. Dinner tonight will be a fish curry with rice and possibly spinach if I can find it at the store - otherwise beans or similar.
Had a nice dinner with old friends last night. A lot of laughs, a lot of catching up. They hadn't known I was back in town because I haven't told a lot of people due to my work load, which is easing but will be back to chaotic around Easter when we go live. Everyone is so hospitable, you risk offending if you don't go out to their place for a meal or two which invariably ends up being a late night.

Annie - what are you up to???? Where are you???

Michelle - Glad to hear Santa's paw is getting better. Poor wee bloke. Thanks for the stretching exercises. I might just try some of them since I seem to be stiff getting out of bed these days.
Those photos you posted were lovely. Good on you for getting out and about in the wilderness.

Laura - You must be near finished the push up challenge or have you started again. I'm up to 17 today with a rest day tomorrow, only two more sets to go. I think I might continue with it from about halfway. It was quite strange the way that I had great difficulty in the beginning and then all of a sudden I could do them - not easily, but a lot more comfortably. I have been doing a set of the number on my knees and then the proper ones, so I suppose I have done 34 this morning, however I conside the knees ones the warm up.

Happy - hope you are feeling better after yoga. Is the feeling withdrawal from work syndrome or shock from the fire, or maybe you are genuinely unwell.

Ceejay - Hope the insurance doesn't cost you too much more. Don't know how you lot manage to find that sort of money every year. I'm waiting for the end of tax year in June to see what my insurance has done for my taxes. If nothing, then it is going since they have seen fit to raise the premiums in April and the sad thing is that I have paid and paid and not used it at all. I don't see why I have to pay extra premiums because some people don't look after themselves. I'm not talking about the disabled here. I pay for them and willing through my taxes.

Susie - hope you are all better now. Was good to hear that the DH is feeling somewhat better. When's this procedure he is having???

Terra - walk on. The more calories you burn, the more you can eat. MFP will add the burnt calories onto your 1200 limit, but ensure you are walking at a pace which will burn the calories. You are supposed to walk just fast enough so that you can still speak but really don't want to. Each of us is different.

Work calls. Hope I haven't missed anyone. Back later.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #158
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello sisters...

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #159
Annie - Indiana

I do not deserve you all. I am trying to get past all the bunk....Sam is having major blood pressure issues almost did not get to come home. Lil man lost 11% of his body weight, went from 7 7 to 6 9. However they did come home. Sam is overwhelmed with emotions and hormones. Making my life not exist. I go over to her house as soon as I am dressed and come home when Chris comes home from work...She just freaks out, cries a river when she has to be alone. I am exhausted. Today I got to come home early as Chris got to come home early.. It is not so much the two boys as both are being exceptionally great, she just is freaked by being alone. I have been making extra dinner each evening and taking meals the next day. Sassy goes with me to Sissy's so she is not by herself in her cage all day. So......a 28 yr old new momma, a two year old, a newborn and a dog, not really all that bad but I have issues of my own..no job...no insurance. I am freaked by that.. Just bought my meds with no insurance. Sheesh...483.00 bucks. How in the H*ll does Obama expect me to purchase insurance with no fn job...I cannot afford it all....he is just stupid and does NOT get the middle class or unemployed. Ok rant over....

No personals cause I just cannot do it. I am sorry, if you want to kick me out, I understand.

No job leads...3 already been filled responses.

I love you all.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #160
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

If you are going to join in the hoopla of bashing Obama then I am done with this group. It's bad enough people spew the misguided hate all over the internet articles.

There's a lot I'd like to say but I am going to take the high road and say nothing. My blood pressure is off the charts and I don't need this garbage so I'll just walk away. Done.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #161

Annie
Why in God's name would we want to kick you out????
Get with it girl. We would rather look after you. You are at the end of your rope, so tie a knot in it and hang on tight.

Small parcel on the way for Ace. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner but life can get somewhat hectic here as well.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #162

I think that we might leave politics out of this site. We all have opinions, and as Happy says, there is plenty of expressions of opinions out there.

It is sometimes too easy to blame one thing or another when we are at the end of our tether. Later perhaps we might regret our outbursts. It's hard enough for Annie in the state of mind she is in without piling more guilt on her.

No need for any one to walk, crawl or disappear into a hole.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #163

Afternoon all. Two long meetings have eaten up most of my workday.

Michelle – Glad you thought the yoga class was good. I was going to say “glad you enjoyed it”, but that’s not the same thing, is it?? Soooo…did you enjoy it? I was familiar with most of the poses, but not with Breath of Joy – thanks for the explanation and links. Good idea to do the stretching during commercials, and it is good to hold those stretches for a decent length of time – good way to time them by holding them for as long as a commercial. Happy to hear Santa’s paw is almost 100% again. Hey, when are we starting that plank challenge???

Shad – Great job on the pushups!!! I’m on day 30 of mine TODAY and finding a set of 20 challenging, only doing the knee version, not even the standard version. Boo. All the more reason for me to repeat the challenge, and next time around challenge myself more!! Nice to take some time to reconnect with old friends, but not an easy thing during the workweek. The mornings come much too early!!

Ceejay – Happy Spring to you!! We had snow flurries this morning, but not any accumulation, whew! Did you do your yoga dvd today?

Terra – I agree with Shad – keep up with the walking. While eating is the bigger part of the weight loss equation, exercise/movement is essential. I’m not a huge fan of vigorous cardio, but I do like cardio classes that let me have some fun while I’m flopping around and getting all winded and sweaty. I actually prefer strength building exercise – increase muscle mass--> increase metabolism ---> I can eat a bit more – whoo!

Annie – Sorry Sissy’s having a hard time of it right now. I’m so glad you can be there for her right now, even though you’re having your own rough patch. Don’t leave us, we don’t want to kick you out! We’re here for you, if you want to be here right now or not, that’s your option. What kind of support group would we be if we kicked people when they were down?? Hang in there!!

Happy – How was yoga today? I hope it’s getting a bit easier for you. With all this yoga talk here, I might have to get myself to the Sunday morning yoga class at the gym. It really is a good class. I’m not big on politics, but I don’t think a single offhand comment spoken out of frustration and stress constitutes bashing…

==

Nothing much to report. Wait… I do: I finally got my down jacket back from the dry cleaner yesterday. Only a month later. Turns out he’d gotten it back from the tear being mended by another person and LEFT IT IN THE TRUNK OF HIS CAR while he and his wife left the country for 3 weeks.

So I don’t really need it much anymore since the temps have moderated quite a bit. And the mending job isn’t very good – I could have done just as mediocre of a job, but I would've at least matched the thread color better. Harrumph. But bf got them to accept $5 instead of $15 for the repair, so I suppose it was worth that. But now that the excuse has presented itself, I will be on the hunt for a new down coat next season. Eddie Bauer had a nice clearance, but none of the coats were below the knee. I want that extra coverage.

I could probably ramble on for quite a while more, but I won’t. Have a good rest of Thursday/Friday everyone.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #164
Annie - Indiana

Happy please do not walk out on my comments. I am ready to jump. You have more right to this group than I. I am very sorry to offend. I concede. Bye sweet ladies.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:00 AM   #165
Turning Into A New Woman

Shad ~ Thanks for the advice on walking, I will definitely take your advice

Laura ~ I sure will keep up with the walking

Annie ~ Are you not coming back ever? We dont want you to leave but if you want too, We wish you the best of luck in your life and you can come back anytime you want, We will miss you.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.