3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

Old 03-18-2014, 02:21 AM   #136
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Well The Thrift Shop was destroyed in a fire Monday afternoon. Total loss. It appears to have been started by a light fixture in the ceiling. Everything in the store was broken, ruined or damaged beyond repair including the cash register and the computer. This is hard because the proceeds were a big part of the shelter's income. I also feel badly for the tenants in the 2 upstairs apartments who are now homeless. Fortunately no one was injured and the people in the building at the time got out safely.

Not a very lucky St. Patrick's Day at all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:46 AM   #137

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - so sad to hear of the plight of the Thrift Shop although I was pleased that there were no accidents. Hopefully they can get up and running again somewhere else - might just be a better layout in a new shop!

Susie - totally forgot about St Paddys day. But I do have an excuse which you might get to hear about later. So no I didn't wear green.
Sorry to hear about your husbands panic attack. That doesn't sound good. Can understand you not going to the gym.

Michelle - how did the back exercise go? Sounds like you had a busy and productive weekend. Santa would have been tired out anyway.

Laura - new TV, sounds like fun. Once you get used to it, it will be fine. At first it seems that you may need to sit outside to be able to see the whole thing but that soon goes away.

Ceejay - good going on the bike.

Annie - hope you are starting to feel better. The visit from a friend usually does the world of good.

Hi Terra.

Okay - so I am back from my trip to Aus. NZ had cyclone Lusi over the weekend and apparently there was plenty of rain and wind about. My plane was delayed on Sunday night as it had come through some pretty severe turbulence and needed to be checked by engineers. After about an hour past take off time, they announced that we couldn't fly in that plane but there was another about 35 minutes away for us to take to Wellington. Go get some dinner and we will page you at the time. So we did. I just wish they had disembarked us about 1 1/2 hours before since it got really hot in the plane. Anyway about 4 hours behind schedule, in we go again and this time we take off and head to Wellington. Fair amount of turbulence around but not too bad so nothing to get excited about, until we get to Wellington where we are going almost sideways. Those pilots earned whatever salary they get going into Wellington. I reckon he dug furrows in the tarmac in the effort to keep it on the ground. Finally reached home about 2am on Monday morning. Texted the boss to say I would be in when I woke up and finally got to work about 9am. Luckily I had put the bucket on the bed before I left as the roof leaked again. But the bed was dry. I dropped into it and slept like the dead. Hence no thought of green for Paddies day.
Work is busy, busy, busy, but I have now caught up to the functional consultants and have to wait until they can make up their minds to be able to document the last of the stuff.

I've had another email from Jen. Seems to be picking up her mail using the library. So if have her addy and you want to write use it. If you don't have it send me a message.

Better buzz off and check the tv and then bed. Another day, another $$$

Last edited by Shad : 03-18-2014 at 03:48 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #138
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
That's so sad to hear of the fire but glad no one was injured.

Michelle
Wow, you are a busy, busy girl. I heard there was an earthquake in L.A. did you happen to feel that.

Susie
You seem to be a mild mannered person when it comes to the bosses demands. Good for you. Anxiety will indeed cause panic attacks or it does for me.

Shad
Don't think I could adjust to flying in a plane that had that much turbulence.

Annie and Terra
Hi

---------------
Lucky me today as I don't have the newest person here. They called him to the lab. Thank you.
My friend is staying with me this week. She's not been over bearing either so things are working out better. I have a bed to sleep on so that's better than the couch.
Question concerning MFP--Can we go back to the day before to post food?
I've decided to delete my blog at blog spot. It kept getting errors in it for some unknown reason. I'll be using the blog on MFP.
Rode the bike for another 3 miles last night to burn 160 calories.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 03-18-2014 at 10:34 AM.
ceejay52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #139

Morning all.

Ceejay - Glad you don't have the trainee to deal with today, and I'm glad your friend's visit is going better than last time. Re MFP, yes you can go back to the previous day. When you're in the food tab, that page will show the date of the diary and arrows to go forward and backward. Keep pedaling!

Shad - That landing sounded scary! Glad you're back safely and with a dry bed. Hope you're getting rental credit for the bother with the leaking ceiling. Imagining you sleeping in the bed with the bucket on your belly, lol.

Happy - What an awful thing that fire was. Thankfully no one was injured!! Hopefully the society can get up and running in a new location soon. Hope the snow storm misses you. I'm hoping we've seen the last of the white stuff by us, but there's still a good amount of March left, and we've even had it in April....please, Mother Nature, ease up on us!!

Susie - Sorry to hear about dh's panic attack. I hope the c-pap can help him sleep better and avoid that in the future. Rough day at work for you yesterday - hope you got a good night's rest last night.

Michelle - Looking forward to the Mt. Hamilton photos.

Annie - From your fb post, sounds like you're having a nice visit with your tx friend. Just what you need right now!!

Hi Terra!!

==
Nothing to report. Picked up a shepherd's pie for myself and corned beef for bf from a local restaurant last night for dinner. Otherwise, just watched some telly.

WW meeting today, but I might be missing most of it due to a meeting conflict, dang it. And today was the day we were going to be doing a swap of exercise-related stuff. I brought a couple unwanted pedometers and a resistance band that was too "resistant" for me.

Not going to the movies tonight - same choices as last week, and nothing appeals.

Caught up on my pushup challenge last night - I'd skipped Sunday. Today is day 28 and it's a rest day. Bf, of course, couldn't continue, so I'm on my own. I haven't been trying to do the standard version, but one set of 19 knee pushups is challenging for me. I may repeat the challenge immediately after I finish this one, trying to focus on the standard pushups. I will focus on doing them off the weight, basement stairs, or my aerobic step.

Think spring!!

Last edited by Laura705 : 03-18-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #140
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I had a good back exercise class last night. First we warmed up our muscles with 10 minutes of cardio (we did the bike or treadmill). As this was the first class for many of us, we started off with the basics: finding and maintaining neutral spine position (not too arched, not too flat). This is different on every person and there are many good articles on the internet about how to find neutral spine. Then while laying on our backs with our knees bent, we did the following stretches and exercises while maintaining neutral spine (lots of good instructions about these stretches/exercises on the internet).

1. Contracting the Transverse Abdominis muscles, like pulling your belly button toward your spine, or like zipping up a tight pair of pants. Continue to breathe normally while you hold the contraction for 5 to 10 seconds.

2. Still on our backs, we were then told to raise our arms one at a time alternating over our head for 10 reps per arm.

3. Then we were told to straigten one leg at a time so it is parallel to the floor. Alternating legs. 10 reps per leg.

4. Next was with knees bent, lift one foot at a time off the mat...not very far...an inch or two is enough. Alternate legs. 10 reps per leg.

5. The next exercise was "the bridge" (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-exercise.html)

6. Then while maintaining neutral spine, we rolled on our side and did the clamshell (http://www.mikereinold.com/2011/04/t...-exercise.html, and there are other examples that can be found online). We did 15 reps. Then we rolled to the other side and did 15 reps, all while maintaining neutral spine.

After that, we did a standing calf stretch (http://www.fitness.com/exercises/168...lf_stretch.php) and a standing quad stretch (http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/f...ad-Stretch.htm).

The physical therapist made a point of mentioning that when stretching, do not push yourself to pain, and stretches need to be held for at 30-60 seconds for them to be effective.

==============================

Donna - I am so sorry to hear about the fire at the Thrift Store. I'm glad no one was hurt. I will make a donation, and I've posted it to both my Facebook page, and also the Following Atticus FB page, which has nearly 50,000 animal-loving fans.

Shad - Thanks for sharing the note from Jen. So awful that dear Jen went through her own cancer scare, and that she's in so much pain. Her comment "the x-rays are ok...but the blood is not" sounds a bit worrysome. Sounds like your plane trip back to NZ (or at least your landing) was a bit unnerving. Bummer that your roof still leaks.

Laura - I'm glad your book club went well. That's good that bf is feeling up to walking Coal. All the talk about the foot-binding, I remember reading "The Good Earth" in high school which talks about foot-binding, as Happy said interesting to learn about different cultures, but some customs are horrifying. Mmm, your dinner last night of shepherd's pie sounds so yummy. You're just rocking all the exercise challenges!

Happy - Hard to believe you're all still getting snow. I hope actual spring, not just calendar spring, comes soon for you. Thanks for the link for the yoga and pilates videos.

Susie - I wore green yesterday so I did not get pinched. So sorry to hear about your DH's panic attack. I hope his anxiety has lessened. I hope the CPAP machine helps his sleeping.

Ceejay - Back to work so soon. Not much time off after working 60 hours. I hope you're allowing yourself some relaxing time after work in the evenings. As to your question about the earthquake in LA, nope I didn't feel it. I live and work roughly 400 miles north of LA. Even when there's a big earthquake, it's usually only felt for 100 miles. And the earthquake in LA wasn't that big. What a relief that the trainee was called to work in the lab today. I'm glad your friend is being a better houseguest this week.

Terra - How is the walking going?

Annie - From FB, it sounds like you enjoyed your friend's visit. How is Sissy doing with the two boys?

Well, I've got lots to get done, so I'd best get to it.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #141
Creating a Healthier Me

Default Mt. Hamilton, San Jose, CA

Here are some photos from the drive up Mt. Hamilton:

1. Here is a photo of one of the domes that house the telescopes. Astronomers and astro-physicists used to stay at the facility (in dormitories) for weeks and months at a time to use the telescope(s) at night, but now anyone with proper access credentials can operate the telescopes remotely from anywhere in the world.

2. Here is a photo of one of the telescopes.

3. Same telescope, but closer view.

4. A courtyard where we ate a picnic lunch.

5. The Lick Observatory owned and operated by the University of California
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonTelescopeDome.jpg (24.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonTelescope.jpg (11.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonTelescope2.jpg (37.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonCourtyard.jpg (48.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Lick_Observatory.jpg (24.5 KB, 3 views)

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:

Last edited by diyana : 03-18-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #142
Creating a Healthier Me

Default More photos from Mt. Hamilton, San Jose, CA

Here are some more photos from the drive up Mt. Hamilton:

1. The view from the top

2. Another view from the top

3. A photo of me with my friends with a gorgeous view in the background

4. A photo with my friends in the courtyard

5. Walking to the small lake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonView1.jpg (49.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonView2.jpg (29.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonFriends.jpg (36.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg MtHamiltonFriends_2.jpg (42.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg walk_to_the_lake.jpg (31.3 KB, 3 views)

My Mini Goals:
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #143

Height: 5'7"

Today is a much better day. DH slept well last night and so did I. Being rested helps the day look better.

I plan to meet my friend to walk together tonight. We will most likely be on the inside track as it is a bit chilly today in Ohio but we are in the 50's with sun.

Tonight I will be terminating my membership with the Y after 13 years. I will have access to it the rest of the month. It feels a bit sad, but I'm only going there 1 day a week and so it makes sense to get rid of it and go with the plan of the treadmill and things at home.

Happy: I am so sorry to hear about the fire at the bookstore. I am happy that now one was hurt but I understand the impact it will have.

Shad: What a flight you had! I hope work isn't to crazy to catch up with.

Ceejay: Look at you biking 3 miles! I'm glad to hear that your friends stay feels a bit better this time. I see that Laura answerd your question about MFP and going back to log the food. Also, you can put your food in all day long and it will be right there until you push, "complete this entry". I do find it helpful if I put it in as I go during the day.

Laura: Did you make it to the WW meeting? What a great idea to "swap" exercise equipment. I might make that suggestion at my TOPS meeting.

Michelle: How did your back feel today? I think those stretches are good for everyone and I'm going to add them to my routine. I have a lot of issues with my lower back and my chiropractor gave me stretches to do every day...when I do them I always feel better. Some of them where in the ones you gave to us.

Hi Annie and Terra

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit : 03-18-2014 at 04:24 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #144
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

As you can tell by my ticker and what's under my name, Im not only back at 300, Im as of today at 302 but I wont let that stop me from getting back down to 292 and lower, My doctor has put me on a 1200 Cal diet and Im gonna stick with it along with my regular walking that I do.

Last edited by Terra1984 : 03-18-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #145
gettin' with the plan

Terra
My doctor asked me if that was my true weight the other day. Guess that was a hint to get busy. I have been eating better and exercising.

Laura
I've skipped a couple of days with the push up challenge but I'll get back to it today. Maybe I can make up most of it today and tomorrow. I'll do 20 per day.

------
Friend will be leaving tomorrow.
We have an insurance meeting in the morning. Think the City is changing to a different insurance company. I was almost afraid they meaning the City would be dropping us.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #146
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay ~ Thats great that you've been eating better and working out

I walked for the 1st time in a week today and I had a good work out. I walked outside as well and Im gonna keep walking outside since it had been getting warmer lately.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 AM   #147
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Crazy day today and I am kind of bummed out. But we will rise from the ashes no doubt. Rebuilding will take time and as for a temporary location, in order to get the best revenue, we need to be on Main Street and the rent is high in the few places open. Also the 2 tenants in the upstairs apartments lost EVERYTHING One of them is apparently out of town on vacation. Can you imagine finding this out on FB??? I feel terrible for them also.

Thank you SO MUCH Michelle for sharing my post and also putting it up at the Atticus Site. You are the best! Lots of people will donate labor and goods when the time comes but the best thing is if we can get some cash in the interim to cover the lost money right now. It goes for things like food, health care and they also take in and also lend a helping hand to those in need who cannot take care of their animals temporarily as well as helping as needed with spay and neuter costs for those who cannot afford it. Finally we often arrange transport (through volunteers) when injured wildlife (hawks, loons, even raccoons) are handed to us to get to wildlife centers throughout the state. It's a REALLY good place. So thank you to all who can make a small donation.

In other news we got more snow today. Didn't start until probably 3am but when I got up we had over 6 inches. At least it's still the lighter, fluffier stuff but we are all so tired of it already. Come on spring!

Ceejay - oh boy on the doctor's comment. But I know what you mean. I guess we all need a little motivation sometimes I hope you don't get screwed on the new insurance - that is never good news.

Terra - you will get back on track again, I just know it. Maybe you should try logging your food in MyFitnessPal - it's free.

Susie - today I am terminating my online subscription to Weight Watchers. After 7 years I am sad that I am still within spitting distance of my original weight that long ago. Down - but not by much. I understand your reluctance to give it up but no sense paying for something you're not getting much out of. I would imagine with your long and erratic schedule - it's really hard to plan gym time. And you have that shiny new treadmill arriving soon.

Michelle - what an amazing view from Mt. Hamilton. That telescope had to be awesome too. Interesting that professionals can link into it online. I didn't know that. Looks like you had an amazing day. Thank you for the detailed info on the back exercises. I am going to incorporate those with my stretches. And as to you comment, now I know why the yoga teacher holds those poses for so long - some of the more strenuous ones seem to go on forever!

Laura - what a great idea to get together and swap gently used exercise equipment - videos too would have been good. Sorry that you had to miss it.

Shad - oh my oh my oh my. Would not have enjoyed flying with that much turbulence. Once when it was really bad and I was kind of scared, I closed my eyes and imagined I was on a luge racing down a track. Sounds crazy but it sure did help calm me from all that bumping around. No wonder you slept deeply that night. So you were actually flying in the cyclone????

In a nod to Mel - I see that the second of the "Two Fat Ladies" English cooking team - Clarissa Dickson Wright - has passed away. Mel did love that show. I didn't understand most of what they made. Perhaps they can cook Mel up a right and proper English meal now. I didn't realize her partner Jennifer was so much older than Clarissa (20 years) almost like a Mum and daughter team.

Guess that's enough catching up for me. Washer repair man is coming tomorrow - I hope sooner than later so I can get on with some things. I need to get to bed early for an early wake up call. 'night all and pleasant dreams.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #148
gettin' with the plan

Just got back from the insurance meeting, which was to let us know that we will be changing to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas. Our main meeting with BCBS is March 26th. I'm upset cause our premiums will be going up because of Obama Care. All insurances have to pay 3.8 % so they pass that along to us. And I'll still have the 3k deductible.

Happy
Thanks for the yoga web sight. I'll be looking at that later.

Michelle
That was a good trip. Loved the pictures.

Laura
Thanks for telling me how to get back to the day before on MFP. I didn't see until you mention it. Only did 10 push ups yesterday but I'll do more tomorrow.

------
I'm ready for my 4 day week.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #149

Morning all. Rainy day here. I’ll take it. It’s going to get chillier and gusty later on today, but it’s still March. I have no expectations. Still, the next few days will have milder temps and that’ll be nice.

Ceejay – Sorry your insurance cost is going up. But is the coverage the same? At least there’s that.

Happy – So sad that the tenants of that burned building have lost everything. That's overwhelming to me – where do you start in trying to get back to something resembling normal life?? Same for the humane society – big hit to their budget with this event. A very old building in our downtown burned down last month and some tenants were left homeless (no one injured, thankfully). The businesses in the building and one adjoining have had to move to temporary locations, and one business is unlikely to re-open. Very sad. Gosh, more snow for you. Bleh. Hope there’s nothing major wrong with your washer. Wow, you did the WW online for a long time. What did you like best about the site? I have to say I haven’t been fully utilizing anything on that site or with the eTools subscription that comes free with my WW membership fees. When it comes to recipes, I suppose at the back of my head, I’m always thinking, “bf will never want to try a lightened up version of (fill in the blank)”. But that shouldn’t stop me from trying recipes for my breakfasts and work lunches & snacks. Re the swap – good idea, but I heard there was a rather small group yesterday and I have no idea how well the swap went. I actually buy very few exercise videos – the thought of doing the same video all the time turns me off. That’s why I like the Body Electric shows - multiple shows. What videos I have that I would consider giving away are on VHS, LOL. Who want s those these days??!!

Michelle – Your back class sounds good, I think the back is an area that gets ignored in exercise classes and regimens, and stretching gets shorted too. The cool-down in my jazzercise class on Saturday was much too short, IMO. I guess stretching is just something we all need to make time for, even if it’s just a few minutes before bedtime. Huh, both you and Happy mentioned the book The Good Earth. I’ll have to look that up. Yeh, the shepherd’s pie was good the other night. Large serving, I ate about 2/3 of it and I’m sure bf will enjoy the rest. Whenever we go to Trader Joe’s, we always pick up a couple of their frozen entree version. Thanks for posting the photos of your Mt. Hamilton trip – beautiful. What stunning views! How nice to have that within driving distance!!

Susie – Did you walk last night? Sad about ending your Y membership after all those years, but if you’re not utilizing it enough, it makes sense to use the $$ in another way. I've felt bad about letting memberships go to waste, especially when they can be so beneficial. I kind of feel like that with our Netflix membership…we don’t watch much on there. Bf sometimes watches stand-up comics…and I do hear about a lot of interesting documentaries that are probably available on there. Not to mention TV series I’ve been meaning to start or continue watching…Same for my art institute membership. I did use last year’s membership a decent amount. Then the winter hit and that was it for walking there at lunchtime for a quick visit. But now that the weather is warming up again, I look forward to catching some of their lunchtime gallery talks. Anyway, it’ll be good for you to have the treadmill right in the house and be able to do a quick workout without all the prep and travel for the gym.

Terra – Since the temps have been more moderate lately, I’m back to walking between home and the train station again (part of my work commute). It feels good to get that extra movement in. Bf likes to pick me up in the evenings, but I told him I wanted to walk yesterday. For some reason, I felt like the air inside was stuffy all day and it felt so good to get the fresh air last night.

Annie – Is your friend heading back to TX yet? I hope you had a wonderful time with her and found it revitalizing. How are dd and the baby doing??

==

Nothing much to report. We had soup and salad for dinner last night. Last Friday I finally made the thai chicken vegetable soup recipe on the carton of the Swanson ginger-flavored chicken broth. It turned out very tasty. This time around we each added a little bit of sriracha chili sauce to our bowls to add a little more kick to it. Perfect.

It was a rest day for my pushup challenge, but I did a set anyway. I also did some hamstring stretches. I was still feeling tightness from the Jazzercise class on Saturday.

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a great day.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #150
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

All day long yesterday, I kept trying to talk myself out of going to the Yoga class. It was too far. I'd get home too late...and then when my GPS wasn't working so I had to rely on memory (from over 12 years ago) to find the street...I nearly gave up. But I found the yoga studio. I got there quite early and I hadn't had dinner yet. I ended up eating at California Pizza Kitchen two doors down. I didn't want anything heavy like pizza, so I ended up having their Thai Chicken Salad which was amazing, even better than their Thai Chicken Pizza (which is my favorite).

Yoga class was very good. Since it was geared toward back care, the instructor listened to everyone's back "issues" so that she could appropriately suggest modifications. I was surprised that I had to do more modifications for my knees (specifically for the poses on hands and knees I needed pillows under each knee for cushioning).

The postures we did were as follows (I'm sure you can find videos/photos of these online).

1. Mountain making sure we are standing tall, our weight evenly balanced and our core engaged
2. Breath of JoyTabletop
3. Cat/Cow
4. Child's Pose
5. Standing hamstring stretch...one leg behind the other both feet pointed forward, shift the weight until you feel the stretch in the hamstring of the back leg.
6. Standing forward fold or bend (bending as far as we comfortably could) - to further stretch the hamstrings
7. Kneeling lunge also called low lunge (we kept our hands on the ground on either side of our front foot). This stretches the hip flexors.
8. Seated in a chair pigeon pose (look up chair yoga for seniors). This stretches the muscle on the outside of the bent leg (called the I-T band muscle).

My back felt quite relaxed and well stretched, as did my leg muscles and hips which are generally very tight. I'm going to incorporate these stretches into a daily routine. I am doing another yoga class with this instructor on Sunday, though it won't be geared specifically for back care.

============================

Susie - I'm so glad your DH (and you) slept better last night. I would think that with your busy schedule and working from home so much, that the treadmill does make more sense than the Y membership.

Terra - Good for you for not getting discouraged by the weight gain. Did your doctor give you any specifics about what the 1200 calories should include (how much protein, how many carbs, etc.)? If so, please share. Stick with the walking. And I agree with Happy about logging food. Try logging everything for just a week...don't worry about going over your calories...I don't. Then at the end of the day (or end of the week) see where you can make improvements. I did that and it helped. I still sometimes go a little over.

Ceejay - Good for you doing the pushup challenge! Sorry that your insurance premiums are going up.

Happy - How horrible for the upstairs tenants that lost everything, especially for the one who is out of town. I posted the news about the fire and a request for donations to a couple other Facebook groups, they aren't as big in number of members as the Following Atticus group, but even if it brings in $5 here and $5 there, that's a little more food maybe. Bummer that you're still getting snow! Yes, the telescope is amazing...unfortunately visitors aren't allowed to look through it (and in the daytime you can't see much anyway).

Laura - I was just about to post this and then I saw that you'd posted. I agree with you about stretching...I'm guilty of always skipping the stretching. I think I'll get in the habit of doing stretching and/or yoga before bed. The instructor said that since most commercials are 30 seconds, you should start a stretch at the beginning of the commercial and hold it 'till the end. I'm surprised you didn't read "The Good Earth" in school. Good for you for getting back to walking as part of your commute. I'm thinking that rather than go to the gym after work today, I'll go for a walk at lunchtime.

Annie - I hope Samantha is doing well. It's good that you're able to help her with the boys.

Shad - Are you having a good work week so far?

I've got to get another bit of functionality working on the new website, so I'd better sign off.

Much love to all,

My Mini Goals:
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.