3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #72 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/292737-steel-magnolias-72-a.html)

Maggie 02-19-2014 05:06 PM

Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

Just another day quite like the others. I sure am looking forward to spring. Enough of these dry looking trees and brown grasses. At least these past few days have been in the 60’s and 70’s with 40’s predicted for the weekend with snow.

The scale did move on Monday and the plateau I was on did break but in the wrong direction. I know what I must do to get moving in the right direction and will perceive to endeavor to do so. I must move more in the exercise program.

I slept in today and it sure felt good. Ole Ragg Mopp was snoozing beside me and Beanie was asleep on the couch in the front room. Cecil must have been outside in the sunshine for when he came in here and I petted him he was very warm.

I don’t have anything special planned today and will get on with my sorting of what I plan on keeping. It sure will be easier when we get the MH over here from the storage so we can put in it what we have now that goes in it. I will still be using some of the things in my kitchen that will eventually be put in it though. I have been through this process before so it isn’t new to me how it works ~ I just have to be patient with myself. :lol: I want the weather to get to the point where I can get out in the back yard and do some practicing with my Wrist Rocket Sling Shot. I used to be quite good with one and hopefully it won’t take long to get back in the swing of things.

DONNA FAYE I also like Joe Pike who drives that Jeep and is Elvis Cole’s partner. Pike is a man of very few words but Cole’s cat likes him fine. That cat reminds me of one that my mother had that went to live in the river bottom for a couple years. When he came home he looked like he was a great warrior with his lumps on his head. He was one of those huge black and white Sylvester type colored cats. After my mother would return from the market and start unloading the groceries out of the car to carry them up the steps from the garage into the kitchen that cat would wrap his front legs around one of my mother’s legs and she would walk with him hanging on going up the stairs into the house. She would open a special package she got from the butcher and it was liver which that cat absolutely loved. She would cut it up and all that while he would be still attached to her leg. What a cat. He was called TC which stood for Top Cat which was his name.

SUSAN Sounds like you are staying nice and busy with your quilting "do's" and friends. Yep it is an excellent idea to clean out the fridge and freezer on a regular basis. Helps keep the mystery food out of them.

JEAN I know you are having a wonderful time in the surf and the sun. Be safe.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

Jean 02-19-2014 11:12 PM

Aloha! It's been a beautiful day here, although hotter than usual in the sun and quite humid. They've had more rain this year and the flowers are gorgeous; everything else is green and not brown like the last time. We went out on a whale watch and it was a good one. Then we met our traveling friend's brother and wife from Mpls. for lunch. Stopped at the grocery store for a snack type supper items of fruit, cheese, meat, and crackers. I think I am more tired now than yesterday.

"Gma" -- I'm glad your doctor appointment went well. I am appalled at what some of the people here are wearing, or lack of I should say. They either don't look in a mirror or don't care. It was awfully nice of you to give the items to Kelly's friend.

Susan -- If you enjoy the work, and want to make the time commitment, I'd say go for the job. On the other hand it's nice to call your time your own. A big decision for sure. I wore my floppy brimmed hat out in the boat today. We try to go at 10 before it gets too hot. You will be an even busier quilter but I know how much you enjoy your different groups.

Maggie -- Good luck with the exercise! I can definitely tell we haven't been walking! We've had to park further away from the whale boat and my puppies were complaining this afternoon! I had to smile at the cat and liver story.

Guess I will do some whale searching from the lanai. Bob and friends say they have spotted some. Enjoy your evening!

gma22 02-20-2014 07:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Good morning to you gals. It is still lovely here but we are supposed to get a lot of rain today. It was supposed to rain last night, but we didn't seem to get a drop. The farmers will be happy though since we have gotten steady on and off rain without flooding.

I should get my shawl yarn today and can start on it. I put aside my long cowl and will work on it after I get the sweater and this wrap done. This is the yarn and the shawl pattern. Susan, this is from a quilt pattern originally called the knit and purl quilt pattern. The shawl will of course not look like this but be varigated color not sections of stripes, but this is what the pattern will look like. I included the dress I bought to wear for formal nights. They make the dresses for your measurements and I bought the one with sleeves and the square neck, but not the long sleeve, 3/4 length sleeve.

My sweet boy got into the gifted optional high school program he wanted. There were 3000 applicants and they took the top 225. I can't believe Thomas starts high school next year. I am sure this program will be a nice challenge for him. His granddad and I are taking he and his parents out to celebrate at the restaurant of his choice the end of the month.

Sounds like Jay and Alicia are having a wonderful time in Mexico. They come home the first of next week more than likely to still a bunch of snow there. They wanted to go at Christmas but tickets were outrageous I guess.

Maggie: Just keep plodding along the weight will start coming off again. I am reading L.A. Requeim at the moment and one that Joe Pike is the main character in, which the name escapes me.

Susan: Sounds like you are busy quilting again or shall I say still? :lol: We want to get a new car the end of 2016 then I will have a car to do what I want in and Jack can use the Mariner to drive back and forth to work in. The Mariner is paid off the end of this year, which will be nice to have that extra money. We will use it to start getting some of the improvements that are small started on the condo like new storm doors for one.

Jean: We saw a couple dolphins on the cruise last year. They were following the ship. They are so cute. I can just imagine how gorgeous the foliage and flowers are there if it is green. Do they have a lot of bug problems with it being tropical??? You keep on having fun!

Well gals need to check my blood sugar, take meds and get breakfast in that order. Have a great day today. Faye

Jean 02-20-2014 01:59 PM

Good Morning! It's another beautiful day here. We are having a lazy start because the whale watch trip we wanted was full. It's too hot to go in the afternoon. Can't believe I said too hot! It sounds like Iowa is getting hammered with winter weather today. Ball games are cancelled and that's a last resort.

"Gma" -- Congrats to Thomas! Last night we noticed gnat type bugs flying around the lamp. That's the first time ever. We thought maybe since they've had more rain than usual, there might be more bugs. There are screens on our windows and doors. I have seen two geckos out on the sidewalk, they move fast! The yarn is very pretty, and is the scarf one you have done or going to do! Love the dress! You will look snazzy!

Guess I will help with breakfast. Have a great day!

Maggie 02-20-2014 02:55 PM

Thursty Thursday

It is a 45˚ day here in the ♥-Land with the wind at 31 – 41 MPH and 37% humidity. It did snow during the night but it mostly melted by now. We are thankful for the moisture.

Not much happening today to write about ~ just MOS and waiting for spring. The neighborhood dogs have been up during the night barking and we don’t know what at. It keeps our dogs in the “unrest” stage and ansy. It seems the little yapper across the alley sounds off and it gets the bigger lower voiced dogs down the way to going and it is a chain reaction. Will said maybe they are barking at the new sound in the neighborhood for the next door neighbor gal just brought home her new born baby boy the other day and that is a new “noise” to them. I have not heard the baby but dogs have better hearing than us adults.

DONNA FAYE What a great thing for your grand son and I do feel he will make the most of the honor. Snazzy outfit you have there ~ you will be stilin’ for sure while having fun on the cruise.

ALOHA JEAN Sorry you didn’t get on the whale watching boat. I imagine you will start a walking program prior to your next trip to the islands. :lol: I have gotten back to doing my walking program which I was doing so well a couple months ago. I hear that doing the hula is good exercise? Do as the native Hawaiians do. What fun to take hula lessons.

gma22 02-21-2014 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning girls. It has cooled off quite a bit, but it is still ok and not horribly cold like it was. Kelly is helping her friend move today so some time this afternoon they should be here to pick up the bed and tv and dvd player. Jack carried the tv down for them and he will probably be home when they get here this afternoon too so will probably help with the bed. Luckily it is just a double so shouldn't be too hard to get down the stairs and out the door to her van, but don't know if it will fit in the van. I gave her the length and wide so we shall see.

I got a nice start on the shawl. The yarn is called Misty Morn and it seems to fit, don't you think?

Jean: Keep that sun block handy! Hope you find something fun to do this afternoon to replace the whale watching. Shopping indoors sounds good. :lol: I actually had a gecko get into my house several years ago. It had to have been a pet, but I wasn't going to go looking for the owner. I got it outside but it was a job. They do move fast. When Kelly's family were in Costa Rica she said the lizards walked all over the place and some of the things were pretty big. She showed me a pic of one just ambling down the sidewalk.

Maggie: I always try to start a good walking program before the cruise because the piers are a long walk into town for sure let alone just walking the length of the ship and we are going on the biggest one this year.

I guess I better get upstairs and make the bed and straighten up so Kelly's friend doesn't think we are slobs. Have a great weekend all. Faye

Jean 02-21-2014 04:10 PM

Good Morning! Just got back from a walk on the beach. It's 75 degrees and 70% humidity with sunshine. Not sure what is on the agenda for the rest of the day; whale boat was full again today. I could t-shirt shop for the kids, but then again may wait and do that later.

Maggie -- Sorry about the barking dogs. Hope you slept better last night. We are doing the luau next week, Bob might get up and hula while I watch. ;)

"Gma" -- There is a neat trick to moving a spring and mattress. You need a rope long enough to make a sling, set the mattress on top of the rope, and two people on each end grab the rope. Even I can do it! The little geckos are kind of cute, but I don't care for the bigger ones. Another pretty yarn! :D

Guess we are off to do some sight seeing. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday! :wave:

Maggie 02-21-2014 05:09 PM

Finally Friday

It is a windy day today in the 70’s and we are now back from doing some shopping to get the things needed to make a crock pot full of meat and veggies to make burritos with. I cut into strips red, yellow & green bell peppers and a handful of Serrano chilies’ along with an onion cut in large pieces. I trimmed the chuck roast of fat and cut slits in it and inserted pieces of sliced garlic then cut it up in chunks and placed it into the Crock-pot. I poured a couple of cans of beef broth in the pot and filled it up with the veggies. We will probably be having a late dinner for I didn’t get it all in the pot until after 3.

We went to Wal-Mart for a few things to make the meal this afternoon and I stayed in the Jeep and watched the sky and people. The clear sky was beautiful with little fluffy white clouds one minute and then in a real quick time they were dark and the sky was covered with darkness. People were getting out of their cars and running to the doors of the store hanging tightly on little kids hands. No rain came but lots of wind was there. What was neat that the folks were all smiling and laughing as they ran. I only observed one grump and he was parked next to the Jeep. He was FAT ~ I mean really huge and had one of those breathing canisters hooked over his shoulder with tubes going up his nose and he was spewing bad words out of his mouth. Definitely not a happy camper. But he was the only one that wasn’t smiling and that tells a lot about this area. Folks on the most part are good natured. OH and the clouds left as quickly as they came and the sky was once again blue for the dark clouds had been blown to a different area. However, the winds were still blowing and rocking the Jeep.

JEAN I didn't hear a peep out of any dogs last night and slept the night through without waking up once. I was still in the position I went to sleep in when I woke up to greet this day. Does you hubby have a hula outfit? Hope you take pictures of him doing the hula.:D

DONNA FAYE I sure like Jean's idea about moving a mattress. Certainly a back saver doing it that way. I am sure you will be so glad to get that room for what you need to use if for now. We moved a king sized bet in our van ~ but maybe it was bigger than the one they are going to use to haul it. Vans come in so many sizes these days. Ours seated 15 people which was great to haul our little ball players to out of town games. :cp:

Jean 02-22-2014 08:47 PM

Aloha! Another beautiful day in Paradise! We went out whale watching and saw a baby whale practicing flipping itself out of the water. Mother was close by plus a couple of guys according to the host. Just got an email that the neighbor lady next door (cat hater) died in her sleep. They go to CA for the winter months and had eaten supper with friends from here. I have no idea how old she is but their grandchildren are in college and high school. Did some souvenir shopping and now waiting to go out later for supper.

Maggie -- No, Bob doesn't have a hula outfit. The luau we are going to asks for volunteers from the audience to come up and dance. If no one volunteers, the dancers come out and take various people by the hand and lead them back to the stage.

Hope all is well with all of you!

gma22 02-23-2014 11:22 AM

Good morning to you all. It was cool overnight but it is nice and sunny this morning.

I am working on the wrap the last couple days and it is coming along ok. It is a fairly easy pattern and I love the colors.

Jack had to shampoo the stairs and hall and then just inside the dining room as the girls had mud on their feet when they went in and out getting the bed and stuff. He said he procrastinated yesterday but wanted to get it done this morning early so he got it all finished. The stairs were pretty bad, but this shampooer is the first one we had that we can take apart and have a hand held shampooer so we took advantage and did a good job on the shampooing.

Jean: My great uncle married a Hawaiian and lived in Honolulu his whole life. He and aunt Mary lived at the base of diamondhead somewhere. Whenever they would come to the states to see his brother, my grandfather, he would bring the best stuff. I still have the moomoo he brought me when I was a little girl. All the girls got one and that was a lot of grandkids. He was a really cool guy and that was a long, long time ago. Jack has been to Pearl Harbor and actually his retirement flag is from the USS Arizona, but I have never been there. I am sure you are loving the warm weather. The kids came home yesterday and I imagine they weren't happy to come back to snow and cold weather.

Maggie: I am doing a chicken fried steak today, but mine cuts the calories way, way down for sure. How are the doggies and kitty doing?

Well gals, I need to get some work done so I better get it going. Have a great Sunday all. Faye

Jean 02-23-2014 11:18 PM

Aloha! Another beautiful day although a bit warmer! We went on another whale watch; captain wasn't as good so didn't get up close and personal with any whales and didn't see as many. The naturalist, also a different one, and narrates wasn't paying attention to the back of the boat where we were. Whichever side of the boat the whale is on, the people are supposed to stay seated or crouching so the opposite side can stand. We didn't get our usual seat and some guy who had never been out kept standing up in front of me. I finally yelled "sit down" and he finally did. I was torked! To top it off two guys with big fancy cameras stayed on the boat from the first ride, and took two of our favorite seats. Did some more shopping and met another couple that are friends of our traveling friends. We are all going to the luau together on Tuesday, I think.

"Gma" -- We met a guy in the elevator who went to college in Storm Lake. Obviously, he was older so I asked him if he had been back to visit. He said he came for Homecoming a couple years ago and couldn't believe what has happened to the town. Enough said about that. Hah! This place seems to be more friendly in the elevator, halls, waiting lines, etc., and people visit with each other. Weather report from Iowa was colder and more snow.

Guess we are deciding where to eat tonight. Have a marvelous Monday tomorrow! :wave:

gma22 02-24-2014 07:33 AM

Good morning to you all. It is cold here this morning and my hands are freezing. I boiled several eggs and shelled them under cold water and now I can't get my hands warm. I make a lowfat egg salad or just have one for breakfast with oatmeal and fruit or something like that. I have gained several pounds and need to get with the program for sure.

I have been working on my wrap and it is coming along, but it will take a long time to complete. I have to go back and forth between the two projects so I can get them both done before the cruise.

Jean: I always get mad at people who sit in front of you anywhere and don't consider whether or not you can see. We will go to a movie once in awhile and the theater will be practically empty and some noodleheaded guy who is over 6 ft tall will sit in front of me when he can sit anywhere. I then make Jack change places with me so I can see totally. I think it is funny that people take all these pictures that you know they won't do anything with unless they are professionals. I have digital pictures that I have yet to get prints of to put in a scrapbook and that's besides the decades of stuff I have in boxes and such. Hope you have fun at the luau on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you. Do you eat the poi?? I heard it tastes like glue. :lol:

You all have a good week. Faye

Jean 02-24-2014 01:02 PM

Good Morning! We had rain during the night, or so Bob said there were puddles on his walk this morning. The sun is shining and think it's going to be another nice day. We whale watch at 12:30 and hoping for better than yesterday.

"Gma" -- In general I think overall people are more rude than ever. They just don't think first and act/speak second. I know I sometimes say something before I realize how it will sound to the other person (usually Bob!). Hope the work on the extra pounds pay off. Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a magic weight loss method? Good luck! You know how to do it! :cheer: I'm like Jack, and don't eat strange things. ;). If someone explains what it is I might try poi. When is your next cruise?

I need to finish getting dressed so I'm ready to head out for breakfast wherever that might be. It's 8:02 am here. Have a great day! :wave:

gma22 02-26-2014 09:50 AM

Good morning to you ladies. It is cold here this morning, low 30's but the sun is shining, which is great. I sure hope in the next couple weeks we start showing some nice spring temps.

Had one of those nights last night where I didn't sleep so am dragging this morning. I have a load of clothes in dryer, but that's about it for me. I sat here and paid bills but how hard is that? :lol:

Jean: We leave on Sept 21st for our next cruise. Hopefully no problems with weather since we are smack dab in the middle of hurricane season when we go. It is the cheapest time and not as hot as summer months though still can be in 90's. Kids are back in school so there usually isn't a ton of kids on board either. We got a balcony this time so we shall see how we like that. The ship has 6000+ passengers so this should be interesting also about double what the other ship had. They have a production of the broadway show Chicago which Jack is anxious to see. Hope your weather is holding up nicely though I saw you had some rain.

Everyone have a good day today. Faye

Jean 02-26-2014 12:26 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining but it's a jacket morning. We are whale watching this morning and luau tonight; I got my days mixed up on the luau. Heck, I have trouble remembering what day it is.

"Gma" -- I am surprised at the number of small babies and toddlers that are over here. I wouldn't think it would be relaxing for the parents and there are lots of things to do, but most wouldn't interest the little ones. I woke up last night and couldn't get back to sleep. I hated to get up and roam around the condo, which isn't big by any means, but was sure tempted. I hate nights like that! There have been two cruise ships here, just for a day, which wouldn't give passengers time to do much except shop. September will be here before you know it! :D

I need to finish doing my hair although if it's windy out on the water, no one would know. :rolleyes: Hope you all have a great day today! :wave: