Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Ouch on the arthritis. I'd definitely get the cortisone injection for your knee. Yikes more snow. Please don't send it our way. And yes my company left last Tuesday, which was her mom's birthday. They were giving her a birthday party. I'm not expecting her back to stay with me. Told my sister I used reverse psychology on her by letting her do everything. Don't think she appreciated it. She commented that she didn't want to cook and gain ten pounds. She commented one day that she was taking over. I nodded my head yes. If she does come back, rules and reg's will be set. And I'm keeping my bed.

Susie
You got more snow also. I simply detest all wintery precipitation, unless it's snow flurries. I'm still working on my medical deductibles. And I need to go to Walmart for a few things I forgot. However, I can't tonight. Couldn't find my purse this morning. Should have gotten things together last night.

Shad
I wish I like to walk. On my time off this week end may go out to the nature center in Paragould and have a look see. It's been years since I've been out there.

Rearranged the office with the thought in mind of getting another bed. But I don't have enough space in that room for all the other stuff I have. If I can find a roll-a-way bed I'm thinking about getting that. I can keep it folded up and maybe put it in a closet some where. Put some of these plastic boxes out in the small shed I have.

Susie
Old 02-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #107  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Susie ~ I walk back and fourth from the kitchen to the front room, Its quite a distance and I do that for 45 mins, Listening to music makes it less boring. Thanks for committing on my walks.

happy2bme ~ Hi back at ya. Yeah I never watch t.v when it airs anymore, I always record my shows so I can forward threw the commercials, It is nice that you can fast forward threw stuff you dont want to watch.

I know I usually take Sunday's off but I think Im gonna walk at least one time today, Im gonna do it pretty soon before my brother, his girlfriend and their baby get here and before my mom gets home from work also. The weather here has been nice and warm lately so thats been nice. I hope everyone has a nice day today.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #108  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Back at work and none of the other serfs, slaves or smurfs are in yet - oh apart from Tim and he doesn't count. Don't tell him I said that.

Happy - yep the fridge is stuffed with stuff to last me for a couple of weeks. I have cleaned the freezer and all the meat and stuff is there marked for meals of the weeks etc. Fresh cherries, blueberries, apricots, plums and a mango are the fruits for the week. After that it will be the frozen berries and apples.
Sad to hear about the knee. Hope you can get some relief from it. Heat pads might help when sitting around. And more 'Snow'
Crab dinner sounded nice. Which reminds me, I should go down to the 'Crabshack' one night for dinner.

Michelle - nice going on the video and thanks for the info on the software. I am still thinking about it for the time being.

Laura - loving the stories and pictures of the cruise.

Annie - how are the aches and pains holding up? Seems you had a good weekend with friends and family from what I saw on facebook.

Ceejay - new furniture. That will be nice. Hope you can find something to fold up and put away that is comfortable.

Susie - I've read a couple of Fern Michaels books. They can be good or a bit gooey. I'm not good at gooey. But I have enjoyed some of her series.

Terra - Walking is good stuff. I did plenty of it over the weekend and hopefully it will help to move some of the flab I have round my middle.

Okay - gotta go do some work. Have a good rest of the weekend. We are in for another beautiful day. The harbour is looking superb again. The sun is shining and there are few clouds around and them only light and feathery.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #109  
Turning Into A New Woman

Shad ~ Yeah walking is good stuff. Thats good that you got alot of walking in this weekend. My favorite kind of Crab are Snow Crab Legs, I could live off of snow crab legs and never get sick of eating them. Yeah its been a beautiful weekend here and its only going to get better as the week starts and finishes really.

I got 3 hours before bed and Im gonna get at least a 45 min walk in before then.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #110  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I took a lovely 2 hr nap this afternoon. I have tomorrow off and I'm looking forward to lunch with a friend and just hanging out in my house--alone. DH will be at work. I might pull out a chick flick and get a cover and lay on the couch.

Happy: Thanks for the link you sent. I'm sharing it with my DH. I think we are going to do this, as soon as we find out what they want to do with the prostrate stones (we have a doctor apt for that on Thursday). He might also be having a flare up of his diverticulitis. He has not had one problem in the past 2 years, but he has become lax with his diet and has been having peanuts and popcorn. I have to call his primary care doctor in the morning and get him the med that helps "heal" his colon. They usually try a round of that and if it is better then he is good, if not..we are looking at another scope. He is getting depressed and it is starting to get to me too.

Sorry you knee is bothering you. Get the shot and then do the therapy so you can feel better.

Shad: I love to get into work before a lot of people get there and get myself settled.

Terra: Did you get your 1 walk in before your family came over?

Ceejay: Maybe you could put a daybed in your office? I smiled when I read your comment about your purse. I can't find anything IN my purse.

Hi Annie and Michelle.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #111  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone....my weekend was fantabulous!! Didn't get the taxes done Friday, we had to cancel due to the 5 1/2" of snow that shut the city down again. Took me 1 1/2 hours to get home from work, which is a normal 22 minutes drive. Saturday morning was spent with Sissy, Ainsley and Jacob. We went to Blueberry Pancake House for brekky. It is a greek based restaurant with many additional awesome goodies. Sissy got belgian waffle with fresh strawberries, Ainsley got Mickey Mouse pancakes and I got chicken and noodles and brought over half of them home. Lil man ate off of all our plates. lol Then Chris picked up lil man when he got off work at noon and us three girls went and got pedicures. That was enjoyable. Sis dropped me off at home then my bro, Mike/SIL Pia, his daughter/my neice Mandy her daughter/my grand neice Aria, my nephew Josh and his GF came over for pizza, good laughs, movies. Yesterday we went to Kentucky to my grand nephew's baptism. I, of course, am his Godmomma. What a nice time this weekend was but I must say I am exhausted today and did not to get up this morning. Bleh, yes I have a work day, we don't get it off for prezzie day.

HAPPY...I feel you knee pain in my ankle. I go Wednesday afternoon for another shot in the ole ankle. It is h*ll getting old and feable. Your therapy is only as good as your therapist. Hope you get to feeling better. MMMMMMM a crab fest. Love me some crab. Just cannot get enough of it tho and my fingers hurt from peeling it.

SUSIE...I must say, Mexican, hot and spicy are my favs. I will admit I have never in 53 years balanced my check book. I just know my balance and cross off stuff as I go. I know it is silly, but also seems like a waste of time.

TERRA...you go girl on walking, I am proud of you.

CHELLE...I watched the entire video, you did a marvelous job on the birthday collage. I really liked it. I may send you some picture and have you do one for my brother Michael. (cancer) He would enjoy it I am sure.

SHADDIE..looks like you are kicking arse again on MFP. I didn't record anything yesterday, just too busy to mess with it. Broke my 27 days of posting in a row. Oh well.

CEEG...I knew the bed was for your sister's visit, however I was referring to the unwanted house guests that may take advantage of your hospitality.

LAURA...are you back into the swing of things since vacay? Did BF miss you?

That is about it for me.

Hugs
Old 02-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #112  
Annie - Indiana

Rain, sleet, ice, snow predicted for Indiana today. Bleh. May be another early day.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #113  
Turning Into A New Woman

MyChoice2bfit ~ No I took too long to get off of the computer but Im gonna do my 1st walk at 11 am so in 2 hours

annie175 ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking
Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My day started out good but thankfully I had "help" when I did the back wash procedure for number 2 filter. One of the valves didn't close. And ding, ding wanted to wait till B got over here to close it. Then he opts to close the valve for emergency cases. Don't think he knew how to close it manually. He told me to stay upstairs. I would have closed the valve manually then called B. I had him to check the motor and he said it was hot. I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle.

------------
Annie
Don't think I'll have any more guest especially when I'm working. I'm expecting her back this week end when it's supposed to warm up. I'm going to Paragould on Saturday and Sunday. She doesn't have a key and I don't want her there when I'm not at home. Sounds like you had a good girls day out.
I did ride the bike for 30 minutes last night. It's getting easier but I'll need to put on some sweat pants from now on. The jeans are too rough for my back side.

Howdy's to the rest. I'll be back later to do more personals.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:17 AM   #115  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick one since I should be in bed.
My nephew is over from Cairns and we headed to the beach to get a burger from the best little burger place on the parade. (There was my nephew, and my niece and her husband and the Peanut smurf and my sister and M's parents). However he is only there Wednesdays to Sundays so we ended up having a burger from a fast food place. It wasn't too bad but probably not on the list of things you should eat when trying to lose weight.
Some time later, we moved on and now I am at home thinking about going to bed.

Might be a good idea. See you all tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #116  

Morning all. You'd think I had some busy,exciting long weekend having heen MIA the whole time, but no. Very ho hum.

Friday I went w bf on the dogwalk after work and managed to tear my down coat. Before more feathers & down came out I stuck some duct tape on it. So much for my plan to launder it over the weekend.

Saturday I had a dentist appt. He ckd a tooth he thought was trouble at my exam 3 mos. ago & ended up filling it. What's with these guys who think they want to save time & not numb you up before drilling??!! No thanks. But then I was numb for 3 hours. After the dentist, I ran a few errands, but forgot to pick up an rx and never got to trader joe's.

Sunday morning was the papers, then a step class at the gym. Vere fancy choreography but a decent workout even when i couldn't follow. After that was laundry & misc puttering, tv & reading. Better post bef ore I lose this. Personals & more later.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-18-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #117  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I had a crazy busy, but very fun, weekend. Seeing my friends from SF and Wisconsin was wonderful! The surprise birthday party/video was a huge success! Sunday all day and Monday morning were busy with other friends and trips to the dog park...and Monday afternoon I got home around 2 and fell asleep watching the Olympics. I woke up when D got home around 5:30.

I'll catch up on the reading and do personals later.

Much love,
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #118  

Back again…

Michelle – Great job on that birthday video. What a wonderful gift for your friend! And more kudos to you re the hosting recommendation report – it’s good to keep the bosses happy. After my 4th whirlwind stop in NOLA, I still feel like I haven’t had a proper visit yet, but each time I experience a wee bit more and enjoy it. It’s a really different, interesting place with an interesting history and culture. Similar to what Happy commented, I don’t think it always makes a great first impression, but many cities are like that. And all big cities certainly have areas you really don’t want to go to. One of the three Canadian sisters we met on our cruise told us that if it weren’t for the frigid cold temps we had when they changed Amtrak trains in Chicago, she thought it might be fun to get on “the bus” to explore Chicago. She didn’t realize that getting on just any bus could take you somewhere you definitely wouldn’t want to be! (These women had grown up in a small town in Manitoba and had limited “big city” living experiences.) Just saw your latest post – sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your friends and at the party. The nap yesterday was probably much-needed and well-deserved!

Terra – Wow, Clyde is 16 years old! Those small-sized dogs are blessed with longer life spans, and you're so fortunate to have him with you for so long. I think my love of large dogs comes from my mom – she just loves them. How goes the walking? Just checked the weather for your neck of the woods – nice temps you’re getting!!! I’m so jealous!!! Enjoy the outdoor time as much as you can.

Ceejay – Nice you got your taxes done, and nice to have refunds coming. I know “the experts” advise people to adjust their tax withholding so they get bigger paychecks and smaller refunds so the government isn't the one benefitting from their money all year long instead of them, but with the very low interest rates being paid, we’re really not missing out on much income from interest. Besides, bigger refunds probably help people save a little bit more than they would have on their own. I’d much rather get a refund than be faced with possibly having to write a check to cover any shortfall in what I owe. Too bad you don’t have room for a permanent guest bed in your home office. I like Susie’s recommendation of a daybed. We have one in our spare bedroom, and it also has a trundle bed underneath that rolls out when needed. That room also doubles as my sewing room. Good job riding the bike!!! Can’t imagine doing that in jeans…

Susie – I’m one of those who has to balance the checkbook to the penny – it’s the bean counter in me! We’re truly among the fortunate to be able to get good healthcare and be able to pay for it. I just read an article in the paper about people trying to survive on minimum wage, working 2 or 3 part time jobs. What a struggle. We have wood floors too, but also have a number of throw rugs laid out all over for the benefit of our dog, who has a bit of arthritis in his hind legs and has trouble with the slippery bare wood (and laminate in the kitchen). Between the dog and the weather, I prefer the hard floors. I think carpets would be very hard to keep clean this time of year.

Shad – Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. At least someone’s gotten prepped and organized for the week ahead. I accomplished surprisingly little over my long weekend...

Happy – Sorry to hear about the arthritis in the knee. I hope the new PT can help, but there’s always a steroid shot to help as well. I hope the weather is going to be good for the ski race this week. Are you all stocked up in preparation for the influx of racers and spectators? I hope you can get around okay – sounds like it’ll be very congested on your main drag in town. Your crab buffet sounded wonderful. With all that cra b, who cares about the side dishes, LOL.

Annie – Ugh re all the snow on Friday, glad you got home safely if not quickly. The rest of your weekend sounded wonderful, full of family and fun. You needed another day off to rest from it!! I’m still catching up from being out of town. I really should have gotten more done this past weekend since I won’t have much time this coming weekend. Live and learn! Safe travels home today. We got a lot of snow yesterday, and I think we’re expecting the rain, snow, etc. overnight Wed. into Thurs.

==
I didn’t do all that much yesterday. I went to the thrift shop and bought nothing. The bakery next door was closed, so I couldn’t buy the loaf of rye bread we wanted. Finished up with a trip to Walmart. Once again forgot to pick up my rx – it had started snowing in earnest by then and I just wanted to get home. I also forgot about getting to the dry cleaner to see if they could mend my ripped down coat. Grrr. I spent the afternoon doing some reading and watching a movie I’d DVR’d a while back – “Mr. Deeds Goes to Town”. Quite the oldie. Then more laundry.

No cruise pics right now, but I’ll try to post some later. Our 4th excursion was a tour of the Mayan ruins called Chocchoben in Costa Maya, Mexico (our 4th and final port). We had another really great tour guide and a wonderful experience. Friday, our last full day on the cruise, was a day at sea. It was nice to have an unstructured day to do as I pleased. After breakfast, I took a walk on the track around part of the deck, and also ventured to the other decks above that to scope out a quieter spot to later sit and read my book. I did about a mile on the track plus whatever distance I went going up and down the other decks. I then fetched my book and other gear and sat down in a spot on an aft deck at the rear of the ship, but the air smelled a bit like exhaust (the stacks are back there), so I moved to where B. was sitting. No sooner had I settled in then the wind really picked up and it started to mist. We all ended up back at the cabin and played a game for a bit until the rain ended. After the steward finished cleaning our cabins, I finally got my shower, and then a bit of lunch, and then some packing. Later that night was dinner at the dressier dining room, to which I brought my bottle of champagne.

I really enjoyed the cruise, as did B. Unfortunately, my friend D. was limited in how much she could really do with her knee in such bad shape. She only did the one excursion, the Cozumel bus tour. At the other ports, she left the ship and did some shopping at the dock, but that was about it, and even that was too much walking for her. I think her sister S felt obligated to stay behind with her, but S did at least get to see the monkeys in Roatan with B and I, which was one of the things she’d really wanted to do on this trip.

B and I were a bit worried that D wasn’t happy that we weren’t hanging out with them more, but I don’t think that was really the case. We’d all gotten together well in advance of our cruise to plan our shore excursions, so everyone knew B and I planned to keep pretty active. Having done at least 2 other cruises in the recent past, I was sort of surprised D would choose a cruise again if she knew her knee wouldn’t allow her to do much more than a short amount of walking. I have a feeling the other times either her knee wasn't feeling as bad...or she was with a much more sedentary group of people… Anyway, I hope that this was a real wake-up call for her that she needs to make fixing her knee a priority. She's too young to be held back like that.

Yes, I do have work to do today!! Time to get to it!! TTFN!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #119  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I am really over this leg pain thing. Being in constant pain at a level of 6 to 8 every day for weeks is taking it's toll on me. I can feel depression poking out of the shadows but I am fighting it. Today I have an appointment with a new physical therapist my doc says is really, really good. I hope so. The bad leg is throwing off my whole body and now my left side is hurting too. I can't sleep well and pain is waking me up about 2 hours after I fall asleep at night. Time for booze and pills Not really - I have booze but no pills. and I certainly don't need to get drunk and fall down and cause more problems...

This is the big race weekend and of course today it's supposed to be a high of 39 degrees F. We haven't seen that temp since oh beginning of October. The next 3 days are supposed to be above freezing and then the deep chill hits on Friday again. I'm not sure what that will do for the course - I think they like it stiff and slidey - fresh snow is like walking through sand so maybe it will work out but I'm sure the course groomers will have their hands full.

Yesterday I caught up with 2 old friends. We swapped stories and traded pictures of our fur kids and such. It was nice. I got a bit of housework done and was going to read when I was checking Facebook and the one friend got on and we started chatting so that ended that.

Michelle - glad you had a nice weekend with friends and that the video and the party turned out so well. What a wonderful gift!

Laura - I have learned the hard way with the dentist after getting zinged a couple of times - now I sit with the death grip on the chair handles and make sure they let the novacaine set before they touch me Sorry you ripped your coat - will you be able to repair it?

Shad - bummer that you couldn't get the burger you wanted. Shame if you have a splurge in mind and then have to waste it on a fast food joint. A few walks around that "hill" of yours outside the office will make fast work of the calories. Did you give the peanut some hugs?

Ceejay - steel yourself and prepare your mindset that you only have a limited time left and new people will come and they will do things their way. It is your job to tell them the right way but not in your power to make them do it properly. Sometimes they have to learn for themselves, just cover your own back. Good job on the bike.

Annie - I love crab too and agree with you about them needed a better way to peel it - I'm always afraid I will shoot a leg across the room and embarrass myself. I was surprised at how easy it is to make crab cakes - I think you might like it too because you can spice them as light or firey as you like them. I like them mild with a sauce that has a bit of a bite to it. I hope you don't get the junky weather again. Everyone is complaining about it. I am terrified - really I am - about what's going to happen when this 6 foot bed of snow starts to melt down. I just hope it replenishes the underground water supplies.

Terra - how is your walking coming along?

Susie - I'm sorry DH is hitting so many health bumps. I can understand the depression - it's hard on him and hard for those like you who live with him. I went through the same thing with DH - I think secretly he was afraid something would happen to leave him partially disabled. Thank goodness everything worked out although it took a bit of time.

I just heard some weird noises and looked out the window. There are at least a dozen wild turkeys who decided for some reason they wanted to pick at the cleaned driveway. They are making turkey noises. We had the driveway resurfaced and it's not holding up well so it's chipping in several places. I think the turkeys for lack of small stones and rocks to make their gizzards work are helping that chipping on the driveway by ingesting small bits of cement as a poor substitute. It's also amusing to watch them as they run full speed at the crows who are trying to catch a meal of left over deer corn. Always something to see out here.

Anyway I need to get ready for my appointment. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #120  
Annie - Indiana

Sheesh HAPPY...I am with you on the pain. Tomorrow cannot get here soon enough. I am getting another shot in my ankle. I am about to do a self-amputation. Hope you get some relief with this new therapist. We are 49 degrees today and 59 on Wed or THurs with thunder storms. Go figure! Back to 20 as the high end of next week. Gobble Gobble

LAURA...is Mr. Deeds....with Adam Sandler or am I thinking of another movie? Sounds like you had a great time on the cruise. I probably couldn't do many excursions either if I went unless I had just had a shot in my ankle. It spat ice balls yesterday on the way home from work. Needless to say that was quite a long trip. This morning the roads were still icy, but now all melted with the higher temps and what is that bright shiny thing? Oh, why it is the sun!

CHELLE...wow you have had more fun in CA than you ever had before. You just keep going from one party to another. Stay healthy sister.

SHADDIE...glad you are getting time with family. Nuttin like em...haha

CEEG...good for you riding the bike!

HELLO to TERRA and SUSIE...

Make it a great day/night all!

Hugs
Closed Thread