3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks - Feeling the Love for Ourselves and Our Friends in February (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/292343-worldly-chicks-feeling-love-ourselves-our-friends-february.html)

annie175 02-08-2014 04:42 PM

No snow today Amen. Nothing going on. Posting from phone. Sorry no personals.

Shad 02-08-2014 08:42 PM

Morning all,
Back in the airport and waiting to fly to Sydney and then Wellington. 3 different time zones. Aaaah well I will get over it.
Yesterday the DS2 and partner J put on a Waitangi Day party although really since DS2 and I were the only Kiwis there, it was just an excuse for a booze up really, but it was fun. Question, why do both of my sons have disorganised partners who do not think they are disorganised? We were running around like bees around the hive and not achieving an awful lot at times. Okay enough of that.
I caught up with most of the family. Had breakfast with my brother (DB2) and his ex-wife, my niece J and her two little girls. Saw my friend Chris yesterday and caught up with the house sitter on Friday and Saturday night.
I got my tooth implant checked and all is going well there although, naught girl, smack hand, I not using enough floss. Too bad, aint gonna change that much. Got my haircut and coloured, but didn't get to the eye man. Never mind I will get this done in NZ sometime soon. I think I can get the paperwork sent over to another person.

And that is really about it. I don't have time for personals right now. I'm about to board the Sydney flight. See ya.

annie175 02-09-2014 10:26 AM

I hate posting from iPhone. All is going well. Headache right now. Cs biz suffering rather scary. May have to keep working as if it were a choice. Just ready to go

happy2bme 02-09-2014 12:58 PM

Morning all,

Guess I'll be holding down the fort for the team this weekend :lol:

DH and I both seem to be getting a bit of cabin fever. We went out for a drive yesterday looking for some photo opportunities. The day started sunny but got a bit overcast as we drove along. This time of year I find to be rather blah. The majority of trees here are pine varieties so while they don't lose their needles (except for one specific type), the colors are not green, a sort of blackish mucky color. The snow has blown off the trees so not much in the way of contrast. There are some interesting lines on the water of wind blown drifts but that's the sort of detail that is easier seen with the eye rather than picked up with a camera. DH took a few pictures but mostly we had a nice ride and sang along with the XM Radio station of songs from the 60's. We stopped at a place and got hamburgers for our supper. Lots and LOTS of snowmobilers out there. In fact we passed up our first place of choice because the bar was jammed with them. Quiet night spent, did some reading but couldn't get into it - I need to get another pair of glasses specificially for reading I think - the blended bifocals make it hard to focus comfortably on book print. Talked to Mom on the phone and then wasted probably too much time on the computer before I went to bed too late! I have fallen away from food tracking in MFP - no particular reason, just forgot to do it so back on the bandwagon.

Need to dig into my fairly loaded freezer and make up a menu plan for the week. Time to use some stuff up. Plus I have some papers to sort through and I bought my Mom some chocolates so I have to package that up for shipment.

Annie - I wish you were at a computer to elaborate on your post. It's rather cryptic and troubling - I hope things are ok. :hug:

Shad - glad you had a nice visit with the family. Apparently both boys have decided that opposites attract? Either that or today's generation of young adults have switched roles. Seems like the guys are doing the a lot more of the pull everything together type stuff that we are more used to women doing. And the ladies are happy to sit back and be waited on like princesses their daddies told them they were growing up. :dizzy::dizzy: I don't understand the world any more... I take it your home is still intact - is the house sitter taking care of Sunday also or is she back with DS?

And that brings me up to my last post. Sure is quiet here on the weekends. Guess I will go find me some lunch. Have a good Sunday.

MyChoice2bfit 02-09-2014 09:53 PM

It's getting late but I made it! :D

I had a pretty busy day. Because DH was under the weather yesterday and today as well, I had to do the grocery shopping and most of the housework today. Also had to shovel the new 2 inches of snow we got today.

We didn't go to chuch as DH is still running a fever off and on. We have decided that this isn't from a virus but we think it is from the cyctocopy to check the bladder and kidney's and prostrate last Monday. I have been given him some cirpro that I have on hand at all times in case I get a UTI. Uti's are painful fo everyone but for people like me with IC it is HORRIBLE. And they always seem to happen on the weekend so my urologist has me keep a 10 day supply on hand. I started DH on it and I will call his urologist tomorrow. When they found the prostrate stones they mentioned he could have a flare up of prostities. I looked it up and he has all the symptoms and cipro is one of the drugs they will use so we thought there would be no harm. We will call tomorrow and see what else they might be able to do.

I logged into MFP today..trying to get back in the habit. I didn't see a lot of you there. I hope you come back.

Other than being a nurse to DH, and working all the time with work and at home this weekend, I did start reading a new book. I'm reading a Fern Michaels book called 'Forget me not'. It is purely relaxing and entertaining fiction. I need the get-a-way.

Happy: I have heard that when a person retires they can find so many chances to "volunteer" for that you actaully can work more than when you really worked! It is good to keep busy but..... I see myself volunteering when I retire.

Shad: you time with the family sounds jammed packed but nice. Hopefully you won't have to much jet lag.

Annie: I hope you are ok. Please find a real computer and post soon, so we know you are ok or what you need us to do to help.

Terra1984 02-09-2014 10:10 PM

Hi Guys&Gals,

Im new to this thread. When I joined this forum I was 294 and now Im 295 from 300, I got up to 300 cause after awhile of dieting and working out I started getting lazy and I just stopped everything all together after awhile but on Jan. 16th of this year I started working out and dieting again and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I was always skinny as a kid, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school, While I was in high school I maintained a 120 pound weight all 4 years, Since I didnt have P.E.to do after high school to keep me in shape I just started eating fast food alot and I wasnt in sports prior to high school so I didnt have that to fall back on either so I just didnt know what to do when I graduated high school in 2003 so I just didnt do anything and thats how the weight started piling on. I started gaining weight from May of 2003 until Jan. 16th this year, So it took me 11 years to get to 300 pounds and I know its gonna probably be just as long to get to my goal weight of 150, I know it didnt come on fast and I know its not gonna come off fast. Anyway I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Shad 02-10-2014 12:32 AM

Hiya Terra.

Not sure whether you realise it or not, but there is a thread for people wanting to lose a lot of weight. I think it is called 200lb or 300lb club and it is in the top part of the support threads.

It's not that I don't want you to post here, you'd be very welcome and you can post on as many threads as you want anyway. Good luck with your weight loss journey. All of us on here are supportive and butt kicking and getting on with what we can do. You are starting out in a good place and 5lbs down is great. It's 5lbs you no longer have to worry about.

Good on you.

annie175 02-10-2014 07:41 AM

How funny, I typed one sentence and lost the post. Thank God I wasn't at the end of the post and not that it won't actually happen again.

Cold but no snow today. This weather is really getting to me and bumming me out. Cs route is good it is just management screwing things up for everybody. Looks like if Flowers Baking doesn't get their management in control they will be going down the same track as Wonder Bread/Hostess Cake. C is having a hard time sleeping from worrying about it. I told him maybe it is time to let the upper management know what the local management is doing/not doing and ruining it for everyone. We will see what happens.

My brother had a little hope that the cancer was not in the lymph nodes and that they were just swollen from the prior infection. The biopsy from Friday was glim. The cancer is def in the lymph nodes. The meds they have him on at the moment is keeping the testoterone (sp) level down so at the moment it is keeping the cancer at bay. I pray for a miracle nearly every day for him.

I have been faithfully posting in MFP but still the same about of loss, no gains. I need to move more.

SUSIE...hope your DH is feeling better by now. I know I take my health for granted the majority of the time. Even tho I have issues (yes, I am mental, lol) medical issues I am fortunate that I can get up and come to this crappy job.

SHADDIE..how was home? Did you get all your tests and check ups done? I do believe in flossing. I keep those little packs of Den Tek flossers in my desk and use them after lunch, I figure even if I don't get to brush after lunch I at least have the gunk out.

HI TERRA...we are a great support group. You will like us.

HAPPY...sorry didn't mean to sound cyptic in my posting. I am just over winter, the people I work with, and worrying about things. The news of my brother came on Friday evening and kind of messed with my head all weekend.

Better post this before I lose it...and the post...lol

Make it a marvy Monday.

Hugs

Laura705 02-10-2014 10:49 AM

Morning Worldlies! I'm back home now, and it's bright & sunny out today. So I have brought some sun home with me at least.

Just a quick hello right now. I've got a vacation day today and will probably be busy with catching up on mail, email & your posts.

I had a wonderful time on the cruise & will try to tell you about it in my oosts this week, along with a few photos. Least interesting was my trip home yesterday. Very uneventful, thankfully. Good weather in port (new orleans) & only a short delay flying out. Anout 30 min delay in arrival but then more of a wait for a gate at o'hare and more fir the luggage. One friend forgot to pick up the bottle of rum the ship held after she purchased it in port, & since they had already left for their drive home, I picked it up for her and took it home in my luggage.bf forgot to bring my winter jacket with him to the airport but the car was toasty warm and I had a layered up with a few pieces of clothing so I was just fine. bf and I had pizza for dinner last night and watched a bit of TV and that was it for me. still feeling my sea legs even today- kind of a strange feeling. I recall that happening the last time I cruise.

okay, now I'm going to catch up on my newspapers and probably just putzing around some more. everyone have a good day. :) :) :)

annie175 02-10-2014 11:15 AM

Welcome back LAURA! Glad it all went well was fun and no mishaps on the ship. Can't wait for the pictures and updates....rest before returning to the grind tomorrow!

diyana 02-10-2014 12:35 PM

Happy Monday ladies,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in over the weekend. I was busy working on the video for my friend's birthday. It's not quite done. I need to add a few more photos and videos that my friend's husband will have for me by tomorrow. It's coming together nicely.

================
Susie - You certainly did have a busy week. I hope DH gets to feeling better soon.

Ceejay - Sorry that your friend is wearing out her welcome.

Happy - The Thrift Shop is lucky to have you! You're such a dedicated volunteer. Good for you for making the food donations too. My ex and I used to do that for the Humane Society whenever the grocery store would have a sale on good pet food...we'd buy a bag or two to donate. Sometimes the food was even free after rebate...so it wouldn't cost us anything in the long run, and the shelter would get good food for the pets. Glad you had a nice drive on Saturday.

Shad - Glad you had a nice weekend!

Annie - I don't like posting from my phone either. Sorry to hear that C's business is in a downturn. I hope local management gets their sh*t together. I understand his worry...but sleep is important. Has he tried Melatonin? Sending hugs your way. :hug: So sorry to hear about your brother's cancer being in the lymph nodes. Through medication to lower testosterone, my dad managed to keep his prostate cancer at bay for over a decade. I'll keep your brother in my prayers.

Terra - Welcome! Good for you on the 5 lbs you've lost already.

Laura - Welcome Back! Glad you had a nice time! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! How wonderful that you took an extra day to get caught up!

I'd better get back to it...lots to get done.

Much love and many hugs,

happy2bme 02-10-2014 02:05 PM

Hi ladies,

Monday Monday rolls around again. At least I didn't have to get up in the cold and dark and go to work :lol: :thanks: :yes:

Next week we have a HUGE cross country ski race in town. People come from all over the world to participate. The last 2 years we barely had snow up to the point of the race only to get enough at the last minute. Now we have lots of snow, it's been no higher than temps in the teens and everything looks good. Looked at the weather forecast for next week (which of course can change in a minute). It looks like early next week the temps are supposed to warm to 30 degrees - something we haven't seen since probably last November. On Wednesday they are forecasting rain and sleet conditions which will certainly mess up the groomed race trails. I'm sure the Birkie people are just shaking in their boots - I sense there will be a lot of praying next week. It would be a shame because you just can't change or reschedule the race at the last minute and with conditions over the last few years there is talk of us losing (hosting) the race altogether. We'll see what happens.

Starting to fell the effects of the long winter. I would just like to get outside for a day and breathe some fresh warmer air and feel the sun on my skin. Looking out a sunny window just isn't the same. Right now we have brilliant sun but it's only 0 degrees (1C) outside. :(

Michelle - glad to hear the montage is coming along nicely. DH once put together an online album of family pictures so I know what a labor of love this can be - most intensive - you are a good friend to do this and I'm sure the results will be amazing. Thanks for your compliments - it's nice to do something good for the animals. Great idea with the pet food and sales - I will have to watch for that. We tend to donate cat food as people tend to be more involved with the dogs so we have championed the cats. But they use the dog food a lot to dole out meds so I will pick up a few cans the next time I am shopping. Are you still getting the migraine headaches?

Laura - welcome back - glad you had a great time. You missed some awful weather while you were gone - good time to be away! Funny how DB forgot to bring your winter coat. Will be a cold walk tomorrow but you will be the only one in the office with color! That's nice that you picked up your friend's forgotten package. So what are sea legs? I thought it was the opposite - learning to walk on a surface (like the ship) that is constantly moving slightly - is your body trying to adjust to not moving now??

Annie - thanks for clarifying. It IS very sad to see the company going to the dogs due to mismanagement. In that line of business I think they have to be more forward thinking especially when it comes to bucking trends away from some of their product lines. Reinventing and capitalizing on the fact that people DO still want to purchase their goods. :shrug: Can't blame C for worrying - I think we all want job stability even if we don't go tap dancing into the office with joy each morning. I'm sorry to hear about your brother but there is still hope if the cancer has not spread beyond the lymph nodes. Will offer some extra prayers for his recovery. It sounds as if you need some cheering - I think Sissy will have just the thing for you if you can just hold out a little longer ;) My sister said that she lost some weight last week (even with not the best eating) because of all that shoveling non stop. I guess the snow even if we crab about it - is good for something. :^:

I did go back to MFP last night and added back in food for the past 3 days. Might have missed a snack or two but I got most of it. Down a pound today which really doesn't mean anything but I can't look at it that way - just make sure I don't gain it back next week. ;)

Shad - are you back on "your other" home base and into the work week? I take it you had a good time on your short visit home.

Hi Terra - welcome. You are right - you didn't wake up one morning with a bunch of new found weight - probably the biggest test of patience is do go slow so it will stay off. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Susie - they gave me Cipro once and geez o pete is that a STRONG antibiotic. It's too harsh on my stomach but I'm glad you have enough to get in front of a UTI when you need it. We have a bunch of Fern Michaels books at the thrift shop. My Mom enjoyed her books but I guess she's taken more of a tact of romance writer now. It's good to have something you can get lost in after a hard day of working and thinking. That's why I liked watching cooking shows.

Ceejay - I hope the weather cleared enough so that your company decided to leave and you have peace and quiet back in your life again. :D

Didn't do much yesterday - did some cleaning and laundry. Went through some boxes of papers but didn't get to finish. Watched the Beatles special on TV as well as a bit of the Olympics. I like the skating. Hard to believe it's been 50 years since the Beatles changed music. I often wonder at it goes with a phenomenon like them - was it just the right thing coming together at the time - could they or Elvis been as successful if they were first starting out? Remember Helen Reddy or Anne Murray who were leaders at first and faded into obscurity... A friend sent me a website link of Old Chicago things - people, places and things that have faded away. It was a fun remembrance of days gone by. Life sure has changed...

Anyway before I wax nostalgic for days that weren't as good as I probably thought they were, better go get some lunch in my tummy. Have a good kick off to the work week.

ceejay52 02-10-2014 02:39 PM

A quick post for me.

Why is it when you give some one and inch they take a mile! That's all I'll say right now. I'll put more in my blog later. Haven't had time to post in MFP or here.
I heard my company tell her sister that it would probably be the week end before she went back to WR. That's okay. I've set down some rules and if she doesn't like it so be it.
We got around 3 inches of snow Friday night into Saturday. And most of it melted on Saturday. I didn't mind it at all since I didn't have to get out in it.
They've pulled the new guy.

----------
Terra
Welcome. Always good to see new people.

Happy
I understand about getting cabin fever.

Michelle
Did you get the montage completed?

Annie
Hope things work out for C in his job.

Have a good day.

Terra1984 02-10-2014 02:42 PM

Shad ~ Yes I know about the 300 club, Thanks for telling me about it just incase I didnt know

annie175 ~ Im sure I will like it here

diyana ~ Thanks, I was so happy when that first 5 pounds came off

happy2bme ~ Yeah I know going slow will keep the weight off but Im also like everyone else I want to get to my goal fast but I know thats not the right way to do it.

Thanks Everyone for welcoming me, Im excited to start posting in this thread.

I was so excited to get my 3 walks in today but because of a personal reason I have to wait and get my 3 walks in tomorrow. I walk 3 times a day for 45 mins each time but Sunday's are my day that I just relax and I dont worry about having to do my walks. Eating wise Im just cutting back on my eating and it seems to be working since I lost 5 pounds already.

MyChoice2bfit 02-10-2014 06:48 PM

Long work day. I came in at 7 and I"m getting ready to leave. I feel a bit defeated; we did everything we could to get a multiple entry visa to China for my boss and couldn't make it happen. There will be two days of meetings he will have to call-into in Manilia instead of going in person. The issue is, he needs to come back into China after Manilia but he can't so he has to stay in China. We just cut it to close on his passport. We thought he needed a new one to get the Visa he needed but he didn't get back from his other trip in time to send the passport in for renewal and get it back. It all became such a mess.
:mad:

Hi Terra--I'm new to this group but I sure love them. A LOT of support here. We are at the same weight so it will be good to have someone here with me as we work to get those scales down

Welcome home Laura: You sound so relaxed from your trip. I can't wait to see pictures!

Shad: Are you back to work from your holiday?

Ceejay: What does it mean they have pulled the new guy?

Annie: you have a lot going on, especially with your brother. :hug:

Happy: Will you go watch the cross country ski race?

Michelle: What a project with the video but you sound like you enjoy it!

Ok..I'm heading home and I'm relaxing on the couch.

See you all tomorrow.