Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #181  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

and you don't get to necessarily keep your doctors you have now. OBama was asked if he would go on Ocare, he avoided the answer and changed the subject. Rape I tell you.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #182  
Annie - Indiana

So I went to the Ocare site. For C and I it starts at 985 a month up to 1800 a month for insurance. Yikes
Old 02-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #183  

Quick hello. On a break right now, heading home later.

Annie, sorry to hear about your dept./group.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #184  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your department/group and that there will be no jobs opening up in Indianapolis. Does your insurance stay in place through the 10 weeks of your severance? In addition to the usual job boards (monster.com for example), I would suggest you check out http://indianapolis.craigslist.org and also http://www.indeed.com. Some employers post on CraigsList because it's less expensive. And Indeed.com scans the other job boards and compiles the job postings all together, so there would likely find postings there that you wouldn't see on other job boards. Also, a lot of the agencies (like Robert Half International, Manpower, etc.) can place you in a direct hire job or a contract-to-hire job. I know it's stressful now, but this may turn out to be a good thing for you. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Susie - I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by diyana; 02-25-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #185  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Annie - I am so sorry about all that is going down. That sucks big time. Just out of curiosity, I went and checked what AHC would be for us (paying $1500 a month in insurance with each having a $1,000 deductible). The ACH for a similar gold type plan would be $100 a month more. It would only be if we could qualify for the tax credit that we could reduce that to $621 for the same plan. We are stuck and screwed with DH's retiree plan through his former employer. Even if you are eligible for the tax credit, you still would have to pay out the $985 - $1800 a month and the premium reduction would come in the form a tax break when you filed next year's taxes so that certainly doesn't help much when you have no income, does it? I agree with the not so affordable. Are you eligible for COBRA at all? Those prices are stupid too - would probably eat all your severance pay. I say hurry up and make whatever follow up doctor's appointments you need now in the next 2 weeks - if you take time off - what can they do - they already dumped you. I'm so sorry - I know the feeling - it is just demoralizing. Not much consolation but remember that Michelle and I went through some pretty hard times before we made it to better times. You're a good soul and things will work out. Don't fret, give it up to the higher power. Ok? How is the job market in general out your way?

Hi Laura - hope your conference is ok and you get an opportunity to stick your face outside in some warmer temps.

Susie - sorry you are feeling under the weather yourself. Drink lots of liquids, get some rest. Nyquil works wonders if you don't have issues with the medication. Zonks you out for the night. I'm a big believer that if you can get a lot of rest when you first get sick, you can usually reduce or beat the illness. It's when we keep pushing that we get really sick for long periods of time.

Michelle - oooh Lake Tahoe. Nature invented the word blue when she took a look at that Lake. One of the prettiest places I've been. Geez you have sampled a lot of towns, haven't you? That's nice.

Hi Terra and Ceejay

Thanks for more great pictures Shad. I often think about how nice it is out your way. Right now we are probably more like Switzerland.

Just got a call asking if I can fill in at the thrift shop this afternoon (I can't - physical therapy today). Stories are starting to pour in about the race and the storm last weekend. Interesting... still makes me glad to avoid it

Anyway I have to get ready. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #186  
Choose your hard

Good advice to Anne Michelle.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #187  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I just wanted to mention something that helped me A LOT in my job search. It was the book "60 Seconds & You're Hired" by Robin Ryan. In the book it talks about crafting a good resume and really focuses on interviewing skills. I listened to the audio book over and over, and I believe it really helped me when I interviewed for jobs. Robin Ryan also has a lot of other good books, including "Over 40 & You're Hired!: Secrets to Landing a Great Job", "Winning Resumes", and "Soaring on Your Strengths: Discover, Use, and Brand Your Best Self for Career Success". I recommended Robin Ryan's books to another friend who also felt they were very good and helped her land a good job. Best of success, my dear sista.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #188  
Annie - Indiana

Thank you ladies, I appreciate all of you and great advice! I love ya's!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #189  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Annie - So sad to hear the news that there is no more work where you are now. I sure hope something will turn up soon. I guess with prices like you and Happy were mentioning, a lot of people will be dropping out of health insurance and gambling that they won't need it. Just like I do, but at least I have the national medicare to fall back on and it's not bad.
Good to chat on facebook last night.

Happy - hope that you get a break shortly and that the weather warms up. Our days are getting a lot shorter here. Now not light until around 6.00am so spring must be on its way over your end of town.

Laura - hope you are enjoying the conference. Is Atlanta warm this time of year?

Susie - get better soon. Hope this passes quickly.

Ceejay - love the idea of the African theme in your office. All those lovely reds, browns and oranges.

Michelle - Some good advice to Annie in those posts. I can't comment since I haven't had a job interview in years.

Terra - Keep on walking. When is weigh in day?

Right now for some news -
DS2 was involved in a workplace accident last week. Luckily he was not hurt but is/was in shock and is trying to get around what happened.
Apparently he and his tradesman (with whom he gets on well) were working in a substation when the tradie got a call to go help out some private electricians across the way. They needed substation advice apparently and were only next door. Tradie checked DS2's work and gave him his instructions to carry on and went next door.
DS2 tells me he heard the flash and dashed into the next door, to find his tradie burnt and electrocuted but alive and the other two with flash burns to head and hands. One of the leckies (electrician) started to apply CPR on the tradie and DS2 rung for an ambulance, went to help the other leckie and rung his management to advise of the accident.
The tradie is in hospital with severe to critical burns to his head, hands and neck. He was conscious but apparently not very with it when the ambo (ambulance) arrived but could walk to the ambo. He is apparently doing very well but will be in hospital for quite some time and will need skin grafts etc. Whether he will be able to work again is another question.
DS2 then (in shock) had to front a board of enquiry which nearly tipped him over the edge until the board figured out that he was not in the room at the time and none of this was his fault. Apparently they were a bit rough on him. The company is providing counselling, however he tells me that he finds that vaguely annoying after a short period of time. Last night he said that he wished everyone would shut up about it and leave him alone. He'd had 10 phone calls and 3 visitors on the job he was on. I advised him to turn off the phone and hand the visitors a drum of cable to hold onto while he carried on working. He is now on a different project from the one he was originally on.

So thats the news. He doesn't want sympathy, so don't waste your breathe. He is alive and well and just wants to get on with it in his own style. His father is annoying him by being 'overly helpful' (read interfering) and no doubt I did too last night. Tough little bugger my son.

Okay, let me go and find some more warm up pictures for Happy.
Right so we have hot pools (and a few blokes to look over), calm water in the sun, beaches, and waves (watch out for the Orca) for surfing in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hot 1.jpg (67.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Gisborne 1.jpg (33.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg hot pools.jpg (33.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg orca-surfing-02.jpg (23.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Calm 1.jpg (12.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Shad; 02-25-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #190  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - So sorry to hear about your DS2's traumatic event. Definitely a difficult thing to go through, especially the inquisition board afterward. Sounds like he's dealing with it in his own way. I'll be praying for the tradie who was injured. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Gorgeous scenery (including the blokes)! As for the interview advice...yep, if there's one thing I've done A LOT of in the past two years, it's interview.

I'm off to go spend my lunch hour meeting with a tax preparer.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #191  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

happy2bme ~ *H~E~L~L~O* back at you

Shad ~ Im gonna weigh on Monday the 3rd

Today I havent got any walking in because we've been running errands since 7:15 am this morning but I'll be sure to walk tonight before bed. We didnt get done with errands until 3:00 pm this afternoon.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #192  
Annie - Indiana

Shaddie..... GlAd ds was ok and moving on. Amen. Hope trade is ok.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I actually looked at the Obama Care sight last year when I thought we were going to lose our insurance coverage. It's outrageous. Then when I got my taxes done if I hadn't of had proof of insurance I would have been fined 407 dollars. I'm still working on meeting my 3000 dollar deductible. Have you thought about returning to school for a different vocation!!!!!!!!!

Michelle
I may look into those web sights myself just to see what is out there. I would love to go to Lake Tahoe.

Susie
Feel better soon.

Shad
Glad your ds is okay. I always wonder about things like this happening to our line men when they are out working.

Happy
Hope your pt appointment went well this afternoon.

-----
Nothing new here. I did ride the bike for 20 minutes and did my counter height push up and squats.
It was peaceful today with out my trainee here. I called my other boss to tell him that one of the pumps downstairs was leaking to much water. He told me to call T to have him come over and tighten the packing. I'll be going downstairs in a few minutes to see if that helped.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #194  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Guess I'm the first in. Went to therapy yesterday - I like this guy. He is very upfront about what he can do and what he can't. That's one thing I noticed different up this way. In the cities they assume everyone has health insurance so they push all sorts of extra drugs and tests and visits on you. Here a lot of people don't have insurance so they are more practical about the treatments you get for medical and dental. I believe the quality of care is much better than I've had in the past. He gave me the procedure to reset the vertigo which is coming back. I told him my pain is moving around and we discussed that also. He identified some (muscle) knots in my legs and he did some manipulation stretches. When he was done I was still sore but not jumpy ouch like I was when he first examined me. And I was pleased to notice that for the first time in months I did not have the stiff gait walking as I have been dealing with because of the pain and tension in the muscles. I said my knee eased up and I skipped yoga last week so is that pressing a bit too much? And he said no, just be mindful of the pain and ease up when needed. I am still trying to find out if they are continuing the class this week for a new session. 3 phone calls and I still can't get a straight answer. I don't want to go there for nothing and then have a couple of hours to before my shift at the shop if they opt to do something different like change the class time.

Ceejay - did you get that leak stopped up? Good work on keeping with the bike and exercises.

Michelle - hope your meeting with the tax guy went well. Considering you had a more complicated situation with moving and such, I think it's wise that you had someone help you out this year.

Annie - I'm sure the mood at work must be quite glum. Try not to get caught up in it as it doesn't do your b/p or worrying any good. Still crossing fingers and sending good things your way.

Shad - my God that is awful about DS2's work mate! Electricity is nothing to mess with and quite dangerous. Poor bloke - horrid burns. I imagine DS2 is as you say, dealing with it in his own way. I'm sure all the usual thoughts go through one's head - why not or glad it wasn't me, can it happen again, indignation that they would think he had any part of the accident, etc. I guess it's best to just play off his lead. Thank you for more pretty pictures. You live in such a pretty place.

Terra - sometimes when I have to do a lot of walking for errands, I will count that as one of the day's walk sessions.

Hello Laura - hope you got home ok. I'm sure it was a chilly walk to the office this morning.

We are back in the deep freeze again. Brrr. Supposed to be really cold tomorrow - not even getting to zero for a high. I don't relish the thought of the walk between yoga and the thrift shop. The winds have been kicking up too making it really cold. DH and I were out yesterday and both of us were shivering.

Today I need to hit up Walmart and take the bedding that the (older) cat sleeps on to the Laundromat for a good washing. Right now she is all cuddled on one of the "beds" on the floor and I hate to disturb her. She actually crawled up on the bed yesterday when DH was watching TV. That was a first. I think after 8 months she has decided we are not so bad (although some days she is super skittish over everything). I think she actually looks for some attention rather than just trying to hide out.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope y'all have a nice day. Check back later.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Precious picture Happy. Glad your pt appointment went well. I would love to get a message every once in a while to get the kinks out of my body. We are back to winter temperatures again also. By weeks end down to 18 degree's which is to cold for me. Yep, they fixed the leak on the pump.

------------
I'm ready for my three day week end. Will be doing more de-cluttering
and moving furniture around stuff and getting rid of stuff.
Talked to a friend while ago. Didn't realize that she had called. I can't hear the cell phone any more especially at work. Guess it's because of the loud pumps and motors.
Closed Thread