3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks - Feeling the Love for Ourselves and Our Friends in February

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:33 AM   #166

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Few more for your viewing
Back later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010976 (600x800).jpg (45.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010972 (800x600).jpg (37.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1010960 (800x600).jpg (30.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #167
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All!!

Had a wonderful small family get together with cousins from around Indiana and a few from Michigan yesterday. We kind of met at the halfway mark in Indiana. It was quite nice, lots of laughs. My cuz from Ft. Wayne (Brandi, the one with cancer) actually got to come and brought her 10 mo old daughter Lillian. What a cutie. Brandi is doing quite well and seems very positive.

For those who asked, my new lil man in my life will be here in 16 days, arriving on March 12 via C-section. Royce Michael will be born on his daddy's birthday, if Samantha makes it that long. She looks like she is about to pop. I plan on calling him Ace. We will see if that floats.

Thank you for prayers for my brother and for me and my job situation. So far I have not seen anything posted in Indiana, but it is still early this morning. HR is never fast.

I am not doing personals, however I have read everyone's posts. Again, thank you all for being such great sista's.

Hugs.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
Old 02-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #168
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Siggy-Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

happy2bme ~ Yesterday was really relaxing

Ceejay ~ Yeah, The 45 mins always goes by fast so thats good.

Susie ~ Yeah, I like having a busy week, Yeah planning my walks around my busy week is good.

Im gonna walk at least 2 times today so thats good. Im gonna first walk at 2:30 pm and then I'll walk again before bed.

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #169
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

What I wouldn't give to be sitting on a warm beach, soaking in the sun and listening to the surf! I am truly tired of winter and we have quite a ways to go yet. I suppose it's a blessing that we at least have incredibly blue skies and sunny days but the temps are down in the teens and single digits with deep below zeros overnight. I imagine it's got to be very hard on the poor animals out there too. Yesterday we had 10 deer in the yard but there are some new ones who while very hungry, are also quite skittish. And of our usual 3 of mom and her 2 youngin's - Mom isn't taking kindly to others invading her steady stash of food so she's running everyone off. Sometimes it's comical, sometimes it's just sort of sad when you know everyone is cold and hungry and probably expended a lot of energy hoping to find something - anything to eat.

I am also tired of this constant hurting in my body. Every day something is hurting. A lot. I am trying to eat decently and move each day and that's all I can do for now. At least we turn the page to a new month the end of the week. One day closer to spring as I'm sure a lot of these aches are weather related. I know it's February because I have also got to the point where I am cold all the time! I can't seem to warm up unless I sit in a very warm bath - even a hot shower doesn't do it. Yesterday I was watching some tv and I remembered a friend gave me a heated throw blanket so I pulled it out the closet and despite the fact that it's a cheap acrylic material that attracts static like a power generator, it was SO NICE - like a giant heating pad. Ahhh. I am trying very hard to remember the allergies, bugs, humidity, sweating, violent storms, crowding, mold and cockroaches we had to deal with in the warm climate of the south because quite frankly on a day like today it's easy to feel like - OMG - can I really live her the rest of my life?

Yesterday I started going through some boxes in the closet which is a task that always seems to make more of a mess than it cleans. I did toss some things, set aside some stuff to donate and came across some stuff I need to remember to use up. This week we have doctor's appointments, I have 2 days at the thrift shop and I want to go to the big Laundromat in town and wash the blankets that Meadow the cat sleeps on. Nina sleeps wherever she feels like it. But Meadow has longer hair and sheds a lot - she is finally letting us brush her on a regular basis. I decided all that lose cat hair is probably not good for my septic system - might clog up the drainage and I don't want that so we'll go into town and spend 2 hours and get everything nice and clean - and that's all the less water to go into my holding tank!

I was very surprised to sit down and watch Downton Abbey only to find it was the season finale - geez that went by quickly! What did they film - 6 episodes? IDK - seems like they kinda skimped on this season - not so much drama and seemed to rush it along. Does that mean the 1910's were more interesting than the Roaring 20's? The more I see Maggie Smith, the more I adore her!

And then my second favorite show started - the Amazing Race. I totally hate that the tv network always seems to run late scheduling this show - you never know how late it will be (generally the sports shows that preceed it run over). I tape the show and missed the last 15 minutes of it. Fortunately I can catch up online but it is annoying because you miss to see who gets eliminated. They are doing all stars - half the teams really endeared themselves to people and half you'd love to hate. There are several teams I really like so I hope they can knock out the love to hate ones first.

Terra - how is the weather out by you? Cool but dry - at least no snow?

Annie - I love the name Ace! Hopefully it sticks. Glad to hear that Brandi is progressing along with her treatments. It's nice that you got to spend some time with her and the baby - and the rest of the family too of course. OMG - are you saying there is nothing to apply for job wise in your town at work???? How freakin' stressful is that????? Just try to stay positive and remember that maybe there are bigger plans for you and this is the road you have been chosen to travel at the moment.

Shad - I can't tell you how much I am loving all those gorgeous pictures you are posting. It looks like it's the height of the season for all things beautiful and all that Wellington rain has not adversely affected the gardens. I saw some tropical looking flowers it seemed - isn't the weather quite a bit colder in NZ compared to back at home? And good job walking those hills.

Susie - I chose to stay inside yesterday and get a bunch of housework done. Glad you got some music added to the iPOD. I know some people like to read or watch TV on the equipment but I find the music to be more motivating. Glad you got back to logging on MFP - I would hate to have to take the stick to you and the cattle prod is kind of heavy Sorry to hear your ear is hurting - hate ear pain, no one has time for that, especially you. Get it checked out if it lingers more than 3 days.

Ceejay - back at work. How long is the new guy going to be with you? For always or will he cut off and go to bigger things?

Laura - I hope you have a good business trip. I always liked going to Atlanta this time of year because at least it's warmer there! Hope you get an opportunity to pop your head outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Hi Michelle - hope you had a nice weekend.

Guess that wraps it up for me. Have a good week.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #170
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning ladies,

A busy, fun and productive weekend. Friday night was poker, which was a lot of fun. Luckily we play for very low stakes as I'm not that good. Saturday I took Santa to the vet as he's been limping (and holding his right rear paw up) - turns out it was just a corn/wart on one of his pads. The vet put him on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory and said he should feel better in about a week. Luckily, Santa has no activity restrictions. On Sunday, Santa and I went for a walk with a bunch of people I know from the dog park. After about 45 minutes, his foot and my back had had enough so we went home. Before D left for work, he helped me set up a bookcase in the bedroom so I could unpack some more of my things. Little by little I'm unpacking.

I'll be getting my taxes done one day this week. I finally have all my paperwork together. I've been debating between doing it myself or going to HR Block (or somewhere) since I've lived in two states in 2013. I'm really hoping for a refund.

================

Susie - That's great the urologist appointment went so well. Cpap machines really help with sleep apnea. I use mine every night and I sleep much better.

Ceejay - Glad you had a nice weekend with the relatives. Congrats on the weight loss!! That's wonderful! And good on ya for the pushups, squats and walking!

Shad - I feel the same way on Sundays...like where did the weekend go? The botanical garden photos are so lovely! The Honky Tonk and Strawberry Ice roses are gorgeous! The walk Santa and I did yesterday was through one of the city's rose gardens, but the roses weren't in bloom yet. The black bat lily is so unusual! Gorgeous! Thorndon looks like a very interesting and charming area. I loved the view looking down on the houses.

Happy - So sorry to hear about your sore throat and stomach issues. 14-16" of dense snow! Yuck! I'm glad they were able to pull off the race, despite the logistical challenges. I know what you mean about having nowhere to put the snow. In Milwaukee, especially at some of the malls, when there's nowhere to put the snow, they use heavy equipment to scoop it into dumptrucks and take it to the local dump. The website migration went well, but there are still some missing images and links that don't work that I still have to troubleshoot. Oh well, better to do it now when there's a month left before launch, than to do it a week before launch. So sorry to hear that the animals are having such a hard time with the brutal winter.

Laura - Safe travels.

Terra - Sounds like you have a good week ahead. Have a great day!

Annie - I'm sending you lots of love, prayers and good vibes for your week ahead. :

Much love and many hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
Old 02-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #171
Creating a Healthier Me

Ok. Somehow I missed the last page of posts.

Shad - Those are lovely photos taken by your co-worker!

Ceejay - The housework will wait. It's better to rest after a weekend trip so you aren't exhausted at work the next day.

Susie - Those sound like great ideas for your spare bedroom.

Annie - I agree with what Happy and Susie have said. Believe in yourself. You are really talented and have a great work ethic. You will either keep your job or get an even better one. Sounds like a wonderful family get together in Indiana! So nice that your cousin Brandi was able to make it and that you were able to spend time with her and her baby. 16 days for baby Royce. Did I mention my other niece who lives in So. Cal is pregnant. She's due in July...a baby girl...Audrey Kate.

Happy - Nope. I don't miss the snow and cold weather. I know that each state has it's weather or other challenges, but I gotta say, I'm happier in CA. Although I don't understand how people on a fixed income can live here. 10 deer in the yard! What a pretty sight! Definitely an advantage over Silicon Valley. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Can the doc give you something to ease the pain that doesn't mess with your stomach? I'm glad you found relief in the heated throw blanket. One of these days I'll get around to watching Downton Abbey. I do like Maggie Smith.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #172

Afternoon all. Just a quick hello before I'm off to my afternoon sessions. I'm in Atlanta for a users conference for the software we use. Very short trip - I flew in yesterday afternoon and will fly out tomorrow afternoon, but it's nice to have a 48-hour reprieve from winter temps.

Better post this, visit the restroom and get to the meeting room. TTFN!

Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #173
Annie - Indiana

I have come to the conclusion that I have stress eating. I have had an egg, piece of canadian bacon, can of soup and a lean cusine. Not even hungry and all before 12:30 pm today. Yikes at this rate I will gain my 12 lbs back.

HAPPY...I hear you on the daily pain. It is always something. Do I want to live the rest of my life with all this pain...um, not so sure. Not that I would do anything drastic, but wouldn't mind heaven either. Maybe the warmer weather to come will give us some relief. We are also headed for 0 temps come Wednesday. With minus zero wind chill. Come on, it is not funny anymore Mother Nature. Hopefully no snow, who knows. I get so hot at night with sweats if I used a heating anything, I would melt into a puddle. I am with Sassy, move to a warmer climate, altho seems as if all the U.S. has been hit this year. Yes Downton Abbey went very quickly this year. I purchased the 4th season cause I didn't want to wait each week to watch. Dissappointed in the number of episodes also.

CHELLE...you are just having one big party since moving to CA. Good for you sista. So glad Santa's paw issue was no more than it was. Bless his heart. We started our taxes with Cs accountant but too soon to tell the results. Goodluck with your taxes.

SHADDIE...love the pix you post. You are a great photographer. I still say you need to put together a book and publish it. Or we could do one together, photos and recipes...lol

LAURA...hope your trip is going well. Ahhhh, Atlanta, beats the heck out of our weather we are having. Safe travels my sista.

SUSIE...we, too, are hoping for a return on our taxes, but it is not looking good.

CEEG...got your twin bed, yeah! Ready for sis to drop in for a visit. Fun times!

Hi Terra, hope you are have a great day!

No jobs in Indiana. 60 days to work, then 10 weeks severance. I can tell you I am going to ease on out of here.

Hugs sisters.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #174
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Susie
I've been lax in MFP also and need to get back to it pronto. It does help in keeping me accountable. I had my refund from the federal and stated sent to my checking account. I looked last night and the federal was in the bank. The State refund was there Thursday. Couldn't believe how fast it got there.

Happy
We're supposed to get some more cold air this week. I can already tell it in my knees. I can only imagine the pain you are dealing with. They pulled the trainee to the waste water lab Friday but he came back over here today for this morning. He's supposed to go back over there around 1 today.

Annie
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you had a good time this week end. Always good to be around family.

Michelle
Little bit by little bit you'll get all things needed unpacked. Good job on the 45 minute walk. Glad Santa will be feeling better soon.

----------
Back to work this morning. Doing my usual Monday morning routine with the exception of the chemical truck. Hopefully I'll have the plant to myself this afternoon.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #175
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Annie - if I am reading your post correctly does this look like they are closing the offices in Indiana and you are going to be out of a job???? I certainly hope not and am most sorry if this is true. Start looking at other places, conserve your money. I think you need to open Annie's taco stand or street food wagon and move to the beach area in FL. I can only imagine the combined stress between you and C. Just keep your faith - sending prayers and a good outcome for you.

And I wouldn't say you are horrid stress eating - sounds like a reasonable brekkie and lunch but I know from your MFP list you've been eating very low calorie menus so I can see where that would be a lot for you. Just make good choices and don't add worrying about your food to your growing list of stressors.

All I can say is that life is cheaper up this way - except outside of the town I live in. Didn't realize until we moved here that this is a "resort town" and we get bonked because they raise the prices for the tourists on gas and groceries and we get caught up in the suck up. But ... other things make up for it.

I hate insurance companies. I pay an ungodly amount of money for insurance - upgrade to horrific when you include the $1,000 deductibles we both have and our out of pocket maximums. Insurance rises each year. We are stuck with one single plan because we are using health care dollars we saved while we were working which locks us into our former employers rape me now pay me later plans. And on top of that all I am hearing is how they won't pay for this, they limit that. I have a limit of physical therapy sessions in a year's time. It does not matter that I might see them for 3 completely different body parts or reasons. They take my money all right and good but I'm getting less and less for it. Some people hate Obamacare - I hate insurance companies - they are the ones behind all the problems IMHO. Ok, rant over. Sorry.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #176
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your stress eating. I do that too. But as Happy said that's a fairly healthy breakfast and lunch...so you're ok. No jobs in Indiana at all? So all the people in the Indiana office are going to be out of a job after 60 days?! That's awful!! I'm so sorry sister. Between work, taxes, family health and chronic pain, you're getting it from all angles. Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers. As for heaven...don't rush that trip. I agree with Happy, start looking for other jobs and conserve your money as much as you can. Of course, if you leave before the 60 days you might forfeit your severance...but a long-term job is better than short-term severance.

Ceejay - Congrats on getting your refunds already!

Happy - I'm with you on insurance companies. As for "resort town"...when I lived in the Lake Tahoe area of California, I had to deal with higher food and gas prices in summer and winter, especially over long weekends or holiday periods.

My Mini Goals:
Old 02-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #177
Turning Into A New Woman

happy2bme ~ Yeah the weather was nice today, Nice and Sunny but we're suppose to get snow tomorrow night so thats a bummer but oh well I guess.

Michelle ~ Yeah it is gonna be a good week, Thanks I hope your having a great day also.

Annie ~ Thanks Yes Im having a great day. I hope your having a great day as well.

I didnt get my walk in at 2:30 like I planned cause we went shopping after mom came home from work but Im still planning on walking before bed.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #178

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, I have some sort of bug. My stomach hurts, and I am a bit quesy and my head and body aches.

I came home from work and slept, just work up and still feel icky...I had to log on to work to push out a meeting, and now i'm going to bed.

I hope I feel better tomorrow and can post then.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #179
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie ~ Im sorry you dont feel good and I hope you feel better soon

Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #180
Annie - Indiana

They are closing out Sales dept. The other two depts will still be here. Provider Relations and Nurses Pod. No, there are not any jobs in those two depts. I am in a horrible mood, my throat hurts, my head hurts, **** my eyes even hurt. Insurance companies and Obamacare both suck. If you don't have a job how can you afford insurance or even Ocare. Have you checked out Ocare. It is so ridiculously high priced, right, affordable NOT.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.