3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #71 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/292306-steel-magnolias-71-a.html)

gma22 02-12-2014 08:46 AM

Good morning to you all! I got the all clear from the dr yesterday. She said the pathology report showed nothing and all tissue was benign. So went through h e double hockey sticks for nothing, but couldn't ignore it either just in case. Hopefully the stuff never comes back as I sure don't want to go through all this again, though if I lose weight I can do the clinic procedure instead of removal and surgery.

I paid the cruise off, pd the excursions and even prepaid two of the hotels so we are getting there with the cruise budget. I even ordered a new garment bag as the handle on ours broke last cruise. Thing is, that garment bag was over 20 years old, as Jack bought it and a matching bag way back when he got out of the Navy and went to work for Syscon. So, it was time. I got a decent deal on it and we only need it to carry our hang up dress clothing. We definitely have enough travel bags for sure now.

It is kind of snowing/sleeting here a bit this morning, but we are supposed to be up in the 50's then 60's by next week to almost 70. I sure hope it hangs around. The newest storm may mess up Jay and Alicia's plan to fly to Mexico on Friday though. I am pretty sure they fly out of Chicago and it was supposed to get hit with another bad storm tomorrow.

They have some really pretty new stuff at the place I buy my dresses and tshirts. I am likely to buy at least a couple things. I would like to get into the 200's for sure so I am going to have to get really serious so I can accomplish that.

Jean: I have very little of the kids stuff left, but I do have grandson stuff I need to clear out since we won't have any more of them. I will keep the games and cards and stuff, but some of the stuff I need to just pack up and give away to Good Will or whatever. It will clear out the closet under the stairs a bit. I have kept a few things in a big box of the kids stuff, especially things my mil made for them. I like the heated car seats too, except they dry out my skin if I leave them on to long and I start to itch around my lower back and such. :lol:

Maggie: I just hope I never have to do this again. I seem to be having more pain now then when it was done. Standing up is the worst for sure, but wearing a bra all the time helps that, but then wearing it 24/7 is irritating and uncomfortable too. :lol: Hang in there it will start coming off again.

I guess I need to get out of here and take my meds and eat something. I am a little late getting it started. Have a good middle of the week. Faye

Jean 02-12-2014 11:20 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It was 16 degrees when I came downstairs this morning! Wow! We've had a light snow which has quit and the sun is shining now. I'm guessing we got a 1/2". Today is my lunch bunch and I'm making my last, I hope, WM run just before. This afternoon we are heading to Sioux City for a SAMs and Penneys stop, then supper with Beth and family. I did find all the dolls but think there may be some more clothes for the Cabbage Patch dolls. Lots of boxes and church rummage sale stuff down there. I WILL get rid of it ALL when I get home!

"Gma" -- :congrat: On the GREAT report from your doctor! :cheer: I'm so happy for you! It's nice that you can prepay so much of your cruise trip. We were just talking about food and meal expenses. I just paid for our whale watching trips, 10 of them, so the whales had better be there! Beth give things to a women's shelter but we don't have one here. At least not that I know of. I hope Jay and Alicia get to leave in spite of the weather. I'm sure glad I'm not trying to go to Atlanta!

I need to double check my WM list and get going. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday! :wave:

QuilterInVA 02-12-2014 01:14 PM

This thread is closed. Please join us at Steel Magnolias #72.