Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #16  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another cold, windy, gloomy day in my neighborhood. Enough said about that! We were supposed to have lunch with my "mom" today, but Bob's manager called a meeting and the weather is "iffy" with wind chill in the -20s, wind, and blowing snow for travel warnings. Hopefully we will have lunch with her tomorrow. I have long "to do" list made for today.

"Gma" -- It's too bad "they" couldn't have gotten good films the first time and saved you the stress of having to redo them. You are in my prayers that all goes well today.

I need to finish getting dressed and get to work on the chores. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful day and keep warm!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wonderland Wendsay

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

Well my Magnolia friends I do believe I am staying inside today. I don’t even want to walk out to the Jeep which is parked on the street in front of the house. Reason being it is COLD! The temps will be between 9˚ and minus1˚ this day. The animals are inside and when Cecil comes to be petted he isn’t cold so he has been staying inside. I am so thankful our heater works well to keep the inside nice a warm.

Will just came in from running his errands and bless his ♥ he brought Colonel Cluck home and I had a good lunch that was easy to figure the points value. For dinner I am thawing some pork chops which I just may cook over the top of some Scalloped Potatoes which are 3 P+ per serving of ½ cup. I have some fresh Brussels sprouts that I have a great recipe to fix which is called “Roast Lemon & Pepper Brussels Sprouts w/Parmesan which is 2P+ per serving of ½ cup. A nice leafy green salad will go well with this and some 2 p+ each little biscuits. Will does so like these little biscuits and I haven’t made them in so long.

DONNA FAYE I am hoping all goes well with you this day. I have found the trick for me to walk on slippy surfaces is make sure my feet are planted flat on the ground before taking another step. Works for me anyway.

JEAN I hope you have a good time with your long to do list today and get it all done. I have all my "to do" things done so far this day and what is left is preparing dinner.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday and Cold

It is said that the top temperature today will be 9˚ and the low at -1˚. I believe that is true for it is another chilly day. Will has hired a man to clean out the sidewalk in front of the church building and up the walk to the door. Our neighbor down the street cleaned the sidewalk in front of our house and up our walkway while he was out and about yesterday. Nice guy he is to do that but he says he is having fun doing it. We certainly don’t mind him having his fun.

I was going to crock pot a roast this day but low and behold there isn’t one in the freezer. Will said he will pick one up along with a rotisserie chicken from the market on his way home from the museum today. The market makes wonderful rotisserie chickens so that will be our dinner today I can crock put the roast tomorrow along with some quartered onions, baby carrots and pink potatoes.

Cecil came in and used his butt hutt ~ snow has covered his favorite spot out in the yard. Will had dug a bit of a hole and then dumped a bag of butt hut sand in it awhile back for him to use out there. Will keeps it racked out for him. Guess I will have that chore to clean it inside as long as there is snow on the ground covering his spot. It was funny ~ he inspected it first. It has been a long while since he has used it and it has clean sand in it which met with his approval.

Will got me a neat jacket from the museum. It has the faces of Custer, Hickok & Cody embroidered about 3 inches high on the front left side. They are three of the characters that lived around here in days past. The jacket is a light brown and the embroidery is dark brown. It is lined with lambs wool and nice and warm. It will be my knock around jacket. My brown fur lined gloves go nicely with it.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! Another cold, windy day in my corner of the world. We had sunshine this morning but cloudy this afternoon. We did go to eat lunch with my "mom" and spent a few hours visiting with her. The complex is all new and so nice. Otherwise I've accomplished nothing today, and probably won't until tomorrow. I did cross a few things off my "to do" list yesterday.

Maggie -- We "warmed" up to 5 today! A roast sounds good as we haven't had one for awhile. Have fun wearing your new jacket.

I need to think of something for supper, probably leftovers. Hope you all stay warm this evening; we're going to watch the Olympics I think.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #20  

Evening gals. Just a short post as I am pretty sore. This was definitely not a pleasant experience. It might not have been so bad for someone young, but it is tough when you are old. I will explain the next time I post though.

I just wanted you all to know I was home and ok, actually came home yesterday afternoon, but yesterday and today were pretty rough and I have been on pain meds, which make you sleepy all the time. Pathology report won't be available until Tuesday, but I will let you know what I hear when I hear it. Hopefully tomorrow I won't feel as bad. The whole left side of my left breast is a bit swollen and totally an very ugly purple from the surgery. On top of that being left handed and it being on the outside instead of inside of my left breast, I rub it all the time with any movement I make with my left arm and such. I also have a tight shoulder blade from the surgery too and it feels like there is a big knot in it.

Talk to you gals tomorrow I hope. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #21  

"Gma" -- Glad you are home and hope you feel better tomorrow. I've been thinking of you and hoped all was ok.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #22  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another cold windy day in my corner of the world, but the sun is shining so it looks warmer than the -4 degrees outside. I need to run a couple errands this morning, work on sorting through stuff in the basement looking for another tote of dolls, and have a coffee date this afternoon. The calendar is filling up for next week already so I need to get myself organized over the weekend.

I need to get going and brave the cold this morning. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday! Think SPRING!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #23  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

It is supposed to be a tad bit warmer today in the ♥-Land with the high temp at 18˚ and the low at 12˚ with 20% chance of precipitation. The few feet of snow we got the other day is still on the ground for it hasn’t gotten warm enough for it to melt away. It is fun to see the children sledding down to the frozen snow covered river. The buffalo are impervious and have snow on their backs. The young ones are almost as big as the adults now for they grow so fast. I don’t think it will be much longer before their owner removes the young ones to a different pasture away from the old bull. The old guy was frisky today having a great time rubbing his huge face in the dirt he had exposed on a hill by kicking the snow away and shaking his head. Evidently this cold weather agrees with him.

We are having snow flurries today which are about a foot apart swirling about. It isn’t said they will amount to much moisture this day.

That rotisserie chicken we got yesterday was quite yummy and leftovers of a bird such as that help a nice bowl of noodle soup be yummy on a winter’s day. Today I am crock potting a roast with some pink potatoes, quartered onions, cut up celery and a carton of fresh mushrooms. I found I am out of carrots so they didn’t get in the pot this go-round. First I sprinkled chunks of garlic over the surface of the roast and then added a packet of onion soup mix and about a cup of water to the pot. The house will smell lovely all afternoon as it cooks.

DONNA FAYE Glad you are back home safe and soung with that ordeal overwith. Post when you feel better and we will be here.

JEAN OH yes let's think of SPRING. I am tired of this cold weather but it is all we have at the moment in time so I do try to make the best of it.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #24  

Good Morning, Flowers! We got up to lazy snowflakes falling, very pretty! I suppose we got at least a couple inches this time. Bob went to have breakfast with the men's group at church and then they were going to replace light bulbs in the sanctuary. The hanging lights can be lowered from the attic, but most of the guys can't get up there because of their size, or age/climbing ladders. The rest of the wall lights are done with big ladders. It was nice to have several guys to help with the project. I've been doing laundry and just putzing; I should go to the grocery store but perhaps I can talk Bob into going this afternoon.

Maggie -- Our snow this morning must be leftover from what you had yesterday. It has warmed up to 12 this morning. The high today is supposed to be 18, so we'll see. The sun has been in and out all morning. Since we can't do anything, about the weather, except talk about it --what will be, will be.

I came upstairs with laundry to put away. Next chore is to vacuum! Hope you all enjoy a super Saturday!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

The temperatures for this day are 14 to 30 with a 10% chance of precipitation. Have I said that I long for spring ~ guess I have said that several times already.

The roast didn’t get done in time for dinner so I fixed something else and when it did get done I let it all cool a bit then put it in the fridge. We can have that today. All those beautiful veggies will be great later in a soup. I cooked it all in my large crock pot so I put in lots of veggies.

I received the silver Picasso that was made for me out in CA. My mother bought it when she was in Spain and wore it quite often. In her will she gave it to one of the grandchildren that really liked it and my brother got it and had made copies of it for some of us gals that wanted one. It is a stylized ladies face with her arms over her head with the face in the middle. Hard for me to explain except if you know Picasso it is one of his pieces. It is 2½” long x 1½” wide. A very nice piece in gleaming fine silver. I put it on a long silver box chain I have and it looks quite nice.

Pablo Picasso, 1908–1909
Birth name Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
Born 25 October 1881
Málaga, Spain
Died 8 April 1973 (aged 91)
Mougins, France

JEAN We also have tall ceilings in the church building. The lights hang down on long chains so aren't so hard to replace the bulbs with a ladder. I think this building is one of the ones built in the 60's. Guys working around those old buildings need to be very careful. It is a good thing that we can't do anything about the weather. Just think ~ Mark wants snow so he can snow ski and Martha wants sunny skies so she can plant her veggies. It wouldn't work. I also like staying in a putzing on days like this. However, I also like getting the Jeep and visiting the Buffalo.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-08-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's was below 0 in my corner of the world this morning. The sun is trying hard to shine through the clouds. I went to church early as we played bells at second service with the dog and pony show. Hate wasting time waiting to go and it was way after noon before I got home again.

Maggie -- Glad you have received your silver Picasso and know you will enjoy wearing it. When the guys went up to the sanctuary yesterday, they discovered part of a ceiling had fallen. It's in an area, sort of like a closet with doors on three sides: the elevator, sanctuary, and narthex entrances. Bob said the furnace pipe going outside had snow and ice frozen over the hole, which in turn caused water backup in the pipe and it broke under the pressure.

"Gma" -- Hope you are doing better today.

I just remembered a load of towels in the washer so guess I'll put them in the dryer. My washer has quit working on a sheet/towel cycle for some reason. The code says it took too long to fill. It works on all the other selections. I'm hoping it doesn't quit completely before I get clothes ready for vacation. Hope you all enjoy a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 02-09-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #27  

Good Morning, Flowers! It was -16 when I went downstairs this morning. The sun is shining and it has warmed up to -11 with a slight breeze making the wind chill -28. Remind me of this temperatures if I EVER complain about being too hot again! We are counting at church tomorrow but I need to go get the gift shop money as soon as the coffee crowd clears out and I can check the greeting card rack. I didn't get the doll sorting finished yesterday so that's next on my agenda. No excuse except I sat down to watch the Olympics and never made it down to the basement. We do have a tv down there . . .

I need to get a move on before the morning slips away. Hope you all enjoy a marvelous Monday and keep warm!

Last edited by Jean; 02-10-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #28  

Good afternoon ladies. I put on a bra for the first time today and am doing ok with it pretty much. I used an all cotton bra very much like a sports bra except it has hooks in the back. It has helped with pain when getting from a sitting to a standing and walking position. I am pink and yellow pretty much now with just purple around the incision area. Now that the coloring has changed I noticed that the incision is quite long so that may be why I am having a longer adjustment period. I just have to take it easy I guess.

When I went into the women's center to have the wire inserted I had no idea what would happen. I assumed you would lay on a table, but they put you in a chair that rolls that looks just like a hair salon chair and pumps up just like one and has the foot rest. They roll you up to the mammogram machine and put you in the vice as I call it and take picture. There is what they call the paddle that is the plastic part of the mammogram machine and this one had holes in it. They then clean the area and put you back in it with
the holes against the skin, your arm is slung up over the machine and the radioligist is below me, using a marker to mark where to insert the needles from looking at the films, then films again, then back and forth until they have it right. You have to sit completely still and my back and hip was spasming something awful from having to sit forward and my shoulder was killing me from having my arm slung up over the machine. She then shoots you full of lidiocaine, more pics, then starts with a long needle, which in my case meant two needles, more pics to make sure they are exactly right then puts a wire through the needles into my breasts in the two areas, more pics then removes needles if wires are in the right place. This took about an hour. I was in agony by the time they were done, but she told me she had never seen a woman sit so quietly and not move the whole time even when she put in the lidocaine, which stings. I just wanted to be sure it was in the right place. When you have surgery then, the surgeon goes in and cuts a circle of tissue around where the wire is located and then takes out the wire and sews you up. Not pleasant I can tell you and she says it is no guarantee I won't have to go through this again sometime if the calcium comes back or my pathology, which she should call me about tomorrow is malignant. UGH!

I am up a few lbs but not surprising since I haven't cooked much since coming home and a lot of take out. Jack has been doing everything for me and refused to let me stand up and cook. We even had waffles over the weekend, which was great and he has been doing all the clean up. I am back to my regular eating and starting to do at least part of the cooking in the evening. I eat light for breakfast and do most Lean Cuisine and veg and fruit for lunch so it isn't a lot of standing either.

Our tax refund will be deposited tomorrow so I will then pay off the cruise, the excursions and the specialty restaurants along with the hotels if they have advanced pay options. I have reservations with senior or aarp rates but will change to the advance pay when they offer it. I know the one hotel is offering it now. The more I can pay stuff in advance, the better I like it.

Maggie: Picasso was an odd duck and quite a womanizer I believe. Some of his stuff I like, but most of it I don't care for. One of my favorite paintings is a Salvadore Dali painting, "The Persistence of Memory." It is the melting clocks painting. He was once ask is the painting represented Einstein's theory of relativity and he replied, "No, it is the surrealist perception of a camembert cheese melting in the sun." I believe paintings are always subject to your own interpetation no matter what the painter thought when he or she painted it. I read an article a while back about Adam being lefthanded because of the painting "The Creation of Adam" by Michelangelo he is pointing his left hand. Brother how dumb is that. I doubt there is anyone who ever saw whether he was lefthanded or not!

Jean: Wow you are like Indiana as you can't seem to get a break in the very cold weather. We are cold here today and have had some snow, but nothing that has stayed more than a few short hours. I just want spring to get here. Sorry to hear about the church mess. Are you going through Beth's old dolls???

Well gals, just wanted to let you know I am still kickin.' You all have a good start to your week. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Mindful Monday

It is another chilly day here in the♥-Land with the temps to be between 14˚ and 6˚with a 30% chance of more snow today. We got another 2 to 3 inches during the night. In other words it is another chilly day here in the ♥-Land and I am glad I have nice warm clothing to wear when we go out and about after awhile. The dogs are at the groomer and the cat is a pest. The clock just ticked to Noon O’clock. After Will goes out and scoops the path we will go out and about.

Today is my weigh day and I stated the same once again. Time to get back to writing what I bite then I can possibly see what I am doing to keep the same weight week after week if I show a maintain next weigh day that is. I have proven to myself once and for all that I am one of those people that has to write everything down in order to lose. At least during those past weeks I didn’t show a gain.

I will be back later to finish this typing of my post ~ time to get my warm clothing on. We got the call that the dogs were ready to be picked up so we got them and brought them home before going out again. We went out to see the buffalo and they are none for the wear of being out in the snow. I love their nice fur coats. We picked up a few necessities at good ole Walmart and headed for home where it is nice and warm.

I am going to make hot beef sandwiches with that left over roast for dinner and call it good. I will have a bunch of the veggies for a nice soup for later.

DONNA FAYE You went through an ordeal I hope I never have to go through. Sounds totally barbaric what they did for you. One would think that this day and age they would have a better way of doing that procedure. Hopefully the tests all come out clean. I like some of Picasso's artistic things he made and it was because of his artistic ability ~ what he did with his personal life he will pay for.

JEAN You know what you didn't get done on your list will be there another time to do and get crossed off the list. I hope your money count comes out fine this next count.

Have a good evening my cyber friends.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-10-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #30  

Good Morning, Flowers! Another below 0 morning, sunshine, and wind in my corner of the world. We counted and balanced fast this morning and I was back home in a little over an hour. I will have 3 weeks "off" since the banks aren't open next Monday. For some reason my isp is super slow this morning. I need to vacuum, dust, and work on laundry this morning.
today.

"Gma" -- I can't imagine how you must have felt after the ordeal at the women's center! I hope the procedure was done "right" the first time! I hurt just thinking about it. You will have the extra pounds gone when you start to feel like cooking again. I should have gone through the doll stuff years ago; I probably wouldn't be so fussy but my mom made a lot of doll clothes when Beth was little. I also have a bride doll of my own with a complete wardrobe my mom made. The doll's head was held on by a rubberband that rotted over the years. Bob had it redone one year for Christmas, but Beth no longer played with dolls by then.

Maggie -- I guess you have to look at a maintain as being better than a gain. I know I do better when I write down everything. I get lazy and think I can do it in my head, and eventually give up. You are brave to be out and about when it is so cold. I try to do all my errands at one time so I can stay home once I get here. I love my heated car seats but am usually almost home by the time they are toasty warm.

I need to get busy before the morning slips away. Enjoy your day!