View Poll Results: Do You Wear Sun Protection?
Everyday- Year Round 1 10.00%
Only In The Summer 1 10.00%
Only When I'm In The Sun For A Prolonged Period Of Time 5 50.00%
Only When I'm At The Beach 2 20.00%
I Wear Sunscreen, Hat Or Sunglasses Faithfully 0 0%
I Never Wear Anything For Sun Protection 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #16  

Good Evenin'

I must be feeling better......I mowed the whole yard today! I had to take several breaks because I got to coughing a lot.

It's getting late but wanted to post before I pass-out!

Debbie,
You will reach your goal! Ok...vacation is over, almost time to start School again, TIME TO GET back OP!! We can all help each other to DO IT!!!

Gayle,
Did you find the mildrew cleaning stuff? If not, I'll mail you a bottle...okey dokey?

Shelley,
Build a cage soon for those chicks or the poop will drive ya outta of that house!! You are too funny!!

Dee,
I'm glad things have calmed down.Your Daughter knows she's walking on thin ice so maybe things will improve.Let us know as soon as you hear back from your tests next week!!

Jennelle,
Where are you? Did you sign the contract? I bet you have been a busy girl getting that room fixed up!! I know you're excited!

Jeanne,
Please post some Maui pictures soon!!!!!!!!!

Vicki,
How's your sinus infection? Also. How's South Beach going???

Ramona,
Are you having fun with your new Dell???? I bet you could be the one on the next "Dell Commercial!"

Carol,
Again.....WTG on the weight loss!!!! I'm sooooo proud of you!!!

Dee (Titan),
Any one of those days will be fine with me! Just pick a date and we'll be there!! I'm so excited to FINALLY meet you!!!

DONI & Cheryl.............Where are you????????

OK...time for bed! Nighty Night!!
Sweet Dreams!!
Old 07-12-2003, 06:31 AM   #17  

Okay, I am recommitting to WW, starting today. I have to get this weight I have gained back off. I am going to journal (this helps me the most.) Yesterday I went off the deep end and ate about 14 points worth of candy, along with eating biscuits at dinner!! Today is the day. As always, I am not going to meetings. I also can't afford online, so I am doing this by myself, along with the help of all you ladies!!
Old 07-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #18  

Shelley,

I noticed that you posted at 5:31am (again!) Do you not ever sleep in???????????? LOL!!

Hey, I would LOVE to do WW with you but I can't afford the meetings or on-line either.Is this something that you could help me with even though I don't know a thing about points?

Thanks........
Old 07-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #19  

Sherry-It sounds more complicated than it is, but I will tell you the best I can. I have the getting started book, so I will quote some to you:

All foods have a points value. How many points depends on the serving size and the number of calories, fat grams, and fiber grams in the food. Most people have figured out that 50 calories is about 1 point.

You have a range of point for your body weight:
I am under 150 lbs, so my range is 18-23 points per day.
If you weigh 150-174, you get anywhere from 20-25 points, and if you weigh 175-199, 22-27 points, and 200-224 is 24-29 points, 225-249 is 26-31 points.

You can actually find some websites that tell you the points values in all kinds of items. One of the best is www.dwlz.com. She explains the whole program in a nutshell. You can also use the boards at www.weightwatchers.com. You don't have to pay to use them, just register and you can get on them. I post over at the Close to Goal board.

When you exercise, you earn points. Most people figure on 1 mile as 1 point earned, so if you walk 3 miles, you would earn 3 extra points for the day. You can either eat those points or bank them and use them later. I prefer to eat my points. For instance, today I earned 5 AP's, so I am allowed to eat a total of 28 points for the day. I usually eat every bit of my points. I try to save between 6 and 8 just for snacks at night, since I eat so many ff/sf fudgsicles.

Some foods have 0 points, such as most veggies, sf popsicles, and 2 tbl. of ff cool whip.

It is really a very easy WOE to follow. But for me, if I don't journal, I tend to eat too much!! If you want to do this and need to know the point value of something, just ask me and I can use my pointsfinder. You can soon learn yourself how many points things have without using one.

I hope this helped a little!

You can IM me if you want--I am shellmmike, and I have you on my buddy list.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:00 PM   #20  

Debbie I was thinking of you as I was picking some tomatoes off my plnats.....how is your garden doing? Do you have a good crop this year and what is ready?

Shelley I haven't gotten your email yet. Can you send it again? I do ww from home too. I will try to go back to meetings in fall. I really like the flexibility of the program. Yes you can eat 4 or 5 fudgicles a day.

Sherry you don't have to push yourself til you have a coughing spell. Slow down you want to get better. Love your watermelon face.

Well it is toasty warm out. I was just taking a break from outside. We are having friends down for a swim and dinner.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:33 PM   #21  

Shelley,

Thanks so much for all the info!!!! I have spent about an hour looking over Dottie's site.This is something I think I can do!!!!! I wish that the WW points was on every item you bought....be so much easier! I'm starting Monday doing WW...I may drive you crazy for asking questions...so be prepared!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!! (By the way....My points will be 22-27...weight 177...Right?)

Dee.........I sure wish I could come to your swim party!! Have fun!!!!!!!!

Floozie Gals,
Now I have some info that I was going to wait & tell you but I can't!!!!! Not many people know this but.....Wayne & I rent this house.We have lived here for 14 years.It looks like a home owners house because we take such pride in it. Well, the owner Gary, is dieing of cancer.Him & his wife want to sell it to us! It was appraised last week. They are selling it to us for a much cheaper price. We didn't think we had much of a chance because when Drew was little, he was sick in & out the hospital. We had to file for bankruptsy. Well our credit report wasn't near as bad as we thought!! The motgage company that is working with us has already got 2 quotes for us!!!! More will come in next week. So it looks like at the age of 43 I'm buying my 1st home!!! (Pitiful huh?) Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm so excited!!!! The first thing we're doing is putting a fence up and add a POOL!!!
This house has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, dining rm, kitchen & living rm. The main thing is it has a BEAUTIFUL yard and a FULL SIZE basement!!!!!!!
Say a little prayer for us!

Later........HUGS!
Old 07-12-2003, 03:51 PM   #22  
Losing it!

Sherry, I'm so happy for you!!!!!! Sorry to hear that it isn't under better conditions, I hope Gary gets along ok. We live in a double wide modular and will probably stay here several more years. I was already in deep before I married Steve with my divorce and being a single parent with no assistance. He had student loans out the butt, so we have never been able to have anything to fancy. Good luck on WW, I too was going to mention the Dottie site. I have some info here, if you would like, I can mail it all to you. Some of it is my personal notes when I was following the program. I didn't find the mildew stain recovery, but I did pick up some other mildew stuff at the dollar store. BTW: Which dollar store? We have Family Dollar, Dollar General and Dollar Tree.

Shelley: Wishing you the best getting back on ww. You have did so well and have maintained super! Like I said before, at least you do something when you have only gained a few pounds. It takes a HUGE gain for me to get my butt back in gear!

Dee: How's you mom's garden? Do you go and take care of it? The kids behaving better?

I'm sitting her SWOONING over Trace Adkins! I broke over and bought myself his CD. He is a HOTTIE! Ramona: The CD includes your favorite song CHROME!!!

I am like a few of you and getting back on plan Monday. I purchased a Taylor scale with body fat analyzer. I am weighing in Monday and watching every ounce of food that goes in this mouth. I also purchased from Avon, a Kathy Smith radio pedometer to keep me entertained on my walks. It speaks to you and tells you the distance walked and calories burned, plus plays music. Really a neat item, check into it if you have an Avon rep.

I hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 03:54 PM   #23  

Sherry-I'm so excited for you!! Maybe we can all meet at YOUR house next summer!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. BTW, ask away about WW. You are correct on your points.

Dee-I read in Runnersworld that pool running is a great exercise. It also helps runners run faster. Have you tried it?
Old 07-13-2003, 12:37 AM   #24  

Sherry & Debbie: So far we can be flexible about our plans. I have suggested that I meet with the realtor the afternoon I come to town. I think I still have your phone numbers (may even test that out next week) and should have my cell phone (if Cingular doesn't really go for stupidity).

To everyone else: A. I'll have cameras (at last count I have 5) and promise plenty of pics. B. You're all welcome. I'm buying lunch and the last I knew all roads lead to Nashville!
Old 07-13-2003, 01:31 AM   #25  
Losing it!

Thanks for the lunch offer Titan Dee! I won't be able to make it, but please do take some pics so we can all see!!!! I just hope some of the "wild & crazy" from the other two, won't rub off on ya! BTW: Good luck house hunting!

girls, I decided to splurge and go buy a swimming suit since a few of you mentioned that you buy a new one each year. I braved it and had Steve click a picture of me...now be honest, you won't hurt my feelings...what do you think?
Old 07-13-2003, 07:14 AM   #26  

Gayle-Too funny!!
Old 07-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #27  
Carol

Good Morning Girls!

Thank you all so much for the vote of confidence. I couldn't do this without any of you!!

Here is your Sunday motivation. Maybe if we relax first, the dieting will be so much easier...

THE POWER OF RELAXATION

You can relax any time. You can even relax right now.

Relaxation is not something that must be put off until you have nothing to do. Even when you are extremely busy and active you can benefit from the power of relaxation.

Relaxation is a state of mind that does not depend on what you're doing or what you're not doing. In fact, relaxation will make you far more effective and creative when it accompanies even your most strenuous efforts.

Much of the effort is in overcoming your own resistance. Let yourself relax about it, and suddenly it's not bad at all.

Imagine yourself totally relaxed, free of worries, free of anxieties, free of any pain or discomfort. Just thinking about being relaxed can immediately put you in a state of higher positive energy.

Now go beyond just thinking about it and simply let yourself relax.

It will bring powerful, effective energy to everything you do.

So relax girls and positive energy will motivate us!!

Have a great day.

Hugs
Carol

Last edited by Carol101; 07-13-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:19 AM   #28  
Losing it!

Thank you for the morning motivation Carol! This is one of my main flaws, I can never relax! Even if I'm doing something "relaxing" I am on edge! One day Dr. Phil had a lady and her husband on his show discussing this. As I'm watching, I realize she and I are dealing with the same problem. I never said a word and in a few minutes Steve made the comment that the lady had the same actions and does the same things as me.

Go check out the photograph thread! Deb and Sher have pics of their vacation, Jeanne posted pics of her family and I added a few.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:35 AM   #29  

Gayle..........You are so funny!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #30  
Carol

Gayle: I love you. You are a hoot!!!

Hugs
Carol
Closed Thread