3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Steel Magnolias -- #70

Old 01-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #16

Good afternoon gals. Guess it is just barely afternoon. It is going to be bitter cold here for a few days with continuing winds so I am keeping myself inside until Friday.

We watched a program this morning about mysteries at Buckingham Palace and it was really interesting. I didn't know that a couple decades ago some noodlehead actually got into Buckingham Palace not once but twice and the second time actually got into her bedroom and sat on the bed and talked to the queen for about 10 minutes as her panic button didn't go off. I guess in England it isn't against the law so he never got charged. He was on a lark just to see if he could do it, not to hurt her or anything. Several other stories too, which were very interesting.

I haven't been knitting lately. I haven't been in the mood, partly because the muscle right in the shoulder blade has been sore when I knit. Sometimes I just have to put it down for a bit then pick it back up again.

Susan: So glad you felt well enough to check in. Hopefully it will warm up soon. We lived through a snowstorm in VA Beach once and it wasn't pretty. Jack was of course in the Navy and had to report to the ship, which was in Norfolk and had to drive out itty bitty car in the mess and like you said, no snow plows, salt, sand or anything. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow to get out a bit.

Maggie: Enjoy your fixed computer.

Jean: Yes, ships have bulkheads. Jack seemed to always get a berth under a bulkhead. He is so tall that he would have to sleep scrunched up all the time and he once whacked his knee on a bulkhead coming back from a shower. He had a wart on the knee and he hit it so hard it tore the wart right out of his knee. He said it bled something awful. These stupid things in the condo were put in for venting and such. We have them that run clear across both sides of the kitchen and runs across the top of the door between the laundry area and the dining room. They hired idiots to build these condos I think. How's Candy Crush coming along? I am seriously stuck at 100. I have gotten to within one jelly of winning a couple times, grrr!

Well girls, just wanted to check in. You all have a grand day today. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #17

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another cold, windy, gloomy day in my neighborhood today. The temperature is dropping rapidly this afternoon and the wind is picking up. The county just north of us is in a blizzard watch. We had a few flurries but it only lasted a few seconds. We went to early church and there were only 66 of us there. We always park on the street east of the church and it was flooded for the whole length of the block this morning. A water main had broken at the intersection; it was the same one they repaired a year ago. I found the recipe I was looking for so fixed a ham loaf dinner. I've read the paper and am working on laundry. I need to look at a greeting card catalog the church secretary gave to me so I can return that tomorrow.

Susan -- I was glad to see your post today! It always surprises me when you say you've had snow. Probably not any more surprised than the people living down there. I hope your breathing is easier today; I feel for you!

"Gma" -- I wonder if the Queen is finally going to step down. I saw where she and Charles were sharing some responsibilities. I sure don't like his witchy wife! I did some work on my afghan yesterday and found a split stitch a few rows back. I try to check every row as I finish and somehow missed it. I was going to try and catch it with a thread but couldn't find it again. I figure if I can't find it no one else can either. I finally passed game #92 and am now stuck on #95. I don't like the ones with the fruit, they always end up where I don't want them to go. Perseverance is the name of the game!

I'm off to look for some doll clothes to take to Maddy. Tomorrow we are heading to Sioux Falls for Ian's first band concert. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #18

Good morning gals. Brrr it is cold here and the temps will drop all day long. We are going to be freezing our keesters off for several days. I just hope poor Jack can stay inside this week and work on whatever. We are still waiting for them to schedule the interviews for the promotion. City is slow moving when it comes to stuff like that.

Shameful to say, but I got a sale email for the bead bracelet site and I succumbed. Susan, I will now have a Harry Potter pandora style bracelet. The beads are not glass but aluminum. Half are a bright blue and half are silver then my metal beads, which are what I call character beads. I have a potion bottle, books with a stick figure Harry Potter etched on them, a mouse sitting on a spell book, a dangling vampire bat, dangling spider, a jack o lantern, a spacer that are skeleton faces, a spacer that is sun, moon and stars, a frog, a lit candle and my center bead is a gold coiled snake to represent Voldemort. Half the fun of these bracelets is deciding color and then theme.

We have filed our taxes and the IRS has accepted them so they are on their way. We figure our refund will be deposited around February 10th or so then we will pay off our cruise and book our excursion and pay for our specialty dinner at the steak house. We are going to treat our friends that are going with us one night to the steak house. You pay $35 apiece, but you get premium steaks and sides and dessert. They have the absolutely best red velvet cake I have ever had in my life. I imagine I will split it with Liz and just have a few bites.

The area by our laundry is funny. So far we have two holes in the bulkhead and will have one in the ceiling after Jack goes and gets a keyhole saw at Lowes. After he fixes the venting issue we will just hire someone to come in and do the drywall patching. Jack has bad shaking in his left hand that he has had since he was in elementary school. They have never been able to pin point the reason and have done multiple testing on him as a child and adult. He lives with it, but when it comes to really needing two hands for stuff it can be difficult for him. He said he would be willing to do it, but doesn't want it to "look like crap!" So, I am going to get someone through the home advisor website. They are like that Angie's List on tv, but it is free. They vette the workers for us so we don't have to worry about some sleeze coming in and messing it up or worse a criminal posing and coming in and robbing us or something.

Jean: I finally got through 100 and omg 101 is worse. It has bunches of bombs and the fruit thing to boot. You have to get rid of the bombs in 9 seconds before they blow up and there are a bunch of them, get 3 cherries and 3 nuts down and make at least 70000 points. I only do one and then put it aside as it drives me nuts. I think it is smarter to stay home from church if you have trouble driving or seeing or are elderly where the cold could be dangerous for you or stuff like that. I saw pictures my dil posted with Jay in the snow and have mercy they have at least two feet. Almost claustrophobic there is so much of it. I would be housebound for a long time I am afraid. I don't do slippery at all. Chalk it up to being old, but what instrument does Ian play? My poor Kelly had to stand in line at the school board at 5:30 AM this morning waiting to get her number called to do the paperwork to get Thomas into a better high school. She has had two nights of insomnia and vomits when she is very tired and I guess was puking in line this morning or at least gagging in line. She says she had a low number though and with his grades, which are pretty much straight A's for 8 years and the low number he is a shoe in. He will be going to an optional school for AP programs. I told her when it is all final and he is in, we will take them all out to celebrate!

Well gals, here it is 9:30 and I have nothing done. I guess I better get to it. Have a nice week this week. Faye

Last edited by gma22 : 01-27-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #19

Good Morning! The weather is same as yesterday, -27 wind chill, but with sunshine. The tv weatherman said we had 65 mph wind gusts during the night. There wasn't much money to count today because of the canceled second service due to the water main break. I ran in to the pastor at the hospital and he said when they turned the water back on, it had so much force that it blew bad "stuff" through the pipes and out the toilets. He got a call last night when the Boy Scouts were going to use a room for their meeting. Glad I don't have to clean that mess up! I took my new phone in to have the numbers transferred from my old phone, and the idiot didn't transfer the pictures. I used a Maui picture as my screen background but the rest were mostly grandchildren.

"Gma" -- So much for global warming! The Harry Potter bracelet sounds cute, even though I don't know anything about Harry Potter. It will be nice to have your cruise paid for in advance. We have the condo and airline tickets paid for, but can't pay for the car rental until we are all done. What bugs me about the CC game is once you pass a harder level, they give a couple of easy ones, then a super hard one. It sounds like 100 and 101 are both hard. I just get so frustrated with it sometimes! Ian plays the saxophone. Amanda put a video on FB; he had a couple squawks but did pretty good for a beginner. He is enthused about it, and I told Jason to leave him alone if he chooses music over football. You'd think with Thomas' good grades, musical talent, and Scouting background he would be a shoo-in for the better school. Will his parents have to take him; how far away is the school?

I need to head to the bank and post office to return my old phone. Enjoy the rest of your day and keep warm!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #20
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous and Cold Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN JANUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

I just can’t tell you how jazzed I am to get my computer back with it not jumping around when I type.

YIPEKIO I am got to my hair cut Saturday and I sure love the cut. The gal that does such a nice job is doing it at her home now. Her husband is a contractor and they have lots of do-re-me. She sold her shop downtown awhile back and now her shop is in a little house (not very far from the big house) that used to be an outside kitchen in the early 1900’s and the inside has been rustically remodeled. She only keeps a few customers now because she loves being a hair dresser and not out for the money. They have the whole area that used to be a little town in the 1800s with the creek running beside it.

It is a day-today they say will get up to “cold” for right now it is 18˚. This is my weigh day and I am up a pound. January has not been a good weight loss month for me at all. I have made a promise to myself to have a good weight loss February.

Nothing much happening around here this day except going through some “stuff” and deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. I have more in boxes to sell than the “keep” boxes so that is so far a good sign. Our friends in Texas want our dining room oak table and chairs so they will be picking them up in a few months. The furniture we have to sell will be the last things to go for sure. We can live in the MH until all is gone or taken to the consignment place or the dump.

JEAN What a mess with that water woe in the church building. When we wanted to change the toilet in the ladies room in our church building I am so glad Will didn't tackle it because the plumber that did it ran into some problems that would have made Will have to call a plumber anyway. But now we have a brand new high toilet in there and it is so much nicer.

DONNA FAYE You are definitely the bracelet Queen. Those charms sound so cute for your Harry Potter bracelet. I have a bro-in-law that has tremors in both hands but was a drafts man and engineer by trade. He was able to do his job without any problem though.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #21

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another cold day in my corner of the world; -8, -23 wind chill with an 8 mph breeze, and sunny. The flag across the street is barely moving so I was surprised at the wind chill factor. It's supposed to hit a high of 10 degrees. We met the kids for an early supper at Pizza Ranch last night and then went to Ian's concert. They did well considering they just got their instruments this fall and have practice twice a week. Parents were thanked for their support and asked to stand, then the grandparents were asked to stand also. I thought that was a nice gesture. We were on the road home by 8 so it wasn't too late when we got home.

Maggie -- Glad you have your computer back and it's working the way you want it. You can get that pound gone in no time. You know what to do, the trick is to do it.

I am dressed and need to declutter the kitchen island before I do anything else. I think there must be a magnet there that attracts "stuff" when I'm not looking. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #22

Good afternoon gals. It is cold and windy here and even got some snow early this morning, but nothing stuck thank goodness. It is in the teens with windchill single digits. Hopefully Jack can stay warm and cozy in the shop today.

I have all the house cleaned except for dusting and sweeping and mopping floors. I am debating about the floors as Jack is going to get up in the ceiling and cut out a chunk to fixt the vent so there will be fuzz from the dryer vent and plaster all over the place more than likely. I may wait on it.

I was hoping I might get the turtlenecks I bought before Friday so I could wash them and wear one on Friday, but looks like they won't get delivered until at least Friday. We are supposed to get more snow showers tomorrow and possibly Thursday so we shall see about that. Guess I will just get one of my sweaters and wear that on Friday since it may still be cold.

I need to get back to working on my knitting stuff, especially the sweater so I can get it done. I knocked over a can of coke zero and spilled some on the finished piece, but just wiped it with a wet cloth because I want to block the pieces together so I don't want to wash them separately.

We were at Lowes over the weekend and kind of scouted out countertops, appliances and such. The guy who runs the cabinet and countertop section was trying to get us to open up a Lowes credit card and I stopped him and said, "No, my husband is not far from retirement and we are trying to pay stuff off not get more." He wanted to tell us the whole spiel and so I let him. I think he thought I would change my mind. I let him finish and smiled at him and said, "No thanks, when we are ready we will pay cash." I wonder if they get a bonus or something for getting people to open accounts. If we were younger we might, but I don't want a bunch of bills when Jack retires. You never know what might happen. We will keep our one credit card with the credit union, any car payment we might have, the homeowners insurance and property taxes, and the maintenance fees and that is it besides things like utilities and such. If Congress has their way they will cut Jack's military retirement and you never know what they will do with SS so best to just get things paid off and leave it at that.

Jean: My poor kids in Indiana are having a time of it. They have at least 2 ft of snow and are expecting another foot or so of lake effect, which is bad snow. They also have below zero temps and real dangerous wind chills as the wind has been blowing upwards of 50 mph. My sister said she couldn't even see the road behind her house, which is just a few yards from the back door. It is so bad that yesterday everyone had to be off the streets by 7:30 PM or face a $2500 fine if caught. Even my dil, who works for a hospital and is the pharmacist in charge didn't go to work today. She said it has been taking her about 2 1/2 hours to get to work, which is normally about half an hour. They even closed I-94 because after the huge accident was cleared up they still had so many slide offs, the trucks couldn't get through to plow.

Maggie: Glad you like your new haircut. The place I go is very industrial looking on the inside, but has the best paintings. Bright colors and unusual subjects. The floors are concrete and they have their electricals and such that pull down from the ceiling and each person has a sears big rolling tool box for all their supplies. It is pretty cool.

Well gals, I am freezing sitting here by this big window. Have a great afternoon. Faye
Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #23
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

I have been busy this day just doing this and that and nothing real different than most days. I did a little going through my crafts closet sorting out what I want to keep and what to get rid of and making a lot of needful decisions. I definitely have more to get rid of than to keep. I won’t be keeping my bread machine and have found some box mixes by Krustaez™ that give directions for doing it by hand mixing it and directions for using a bread machine. I got a box of “No Knead Classic Sourdough” today and will make it soon.

It has been a real chilly day here in the ♥-Land and they say it will be a tad bit warmer tomorrow. Hopefully that is a true assessment.

My cursor is jumping around again so back to the shop it goes tomorrow.

JEAN I love those school programs. Even when they have a lot of practice the pieces sound a bit off at times. But that is the fun of it. I can imagine the cringes in the audience when I was playing the flute in our school orchestra.:

DONNA FAYE You are wise to get all paid off that you can. We don't owe anybody anything and if SS does take a dump we can still live nicely on my retirement which isn't under SS. They were saying 50 years ago that SS was going to go broke. that is why I opted out. If "they" knew that way back then why didn't they do something to put a stop to it's downward trend is my question.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #24

Good morning, ladies! 18 degrees right now.

We had 7 inches of snow yesterday evening and during the night so once again everything is closed. It's not supposed to get above freezing until Friday so there won't be much change.

Nothing happening but keeping warm and safe.

Faye, it's good not to have any bills. I only use a credit card for emergencies or to purchase from Amazon and then it's paid off the next month or as soon as I can if it was a costly emergency.

Jean, I played in the school band and orchestra and the Ohio Youth Symphony and it was so much fun.

Maggie, it seems like you were just talking about going to KS and here its time to move on. I don't know how much of my quilting stuff I could part with before the stress got me but it sure would be nice to see the country.

Have a wonderful day.

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #25

[b]Good morning to you all. It is very cold here today but the wind has died down so there isn't any wind chill. It is still in the low teens though today.

I finished the cleaning and am knitting on my sweater. I figured I better get back to working on it. I have been reading some of the 300+ books I have on my Kindle/Ipad. Some of them are not worth reading so I am weeding them out little by little.

Friday is my preop day and next week is the biopsy. We have commissary weekend and a bunch of errands to run after the preop stuff on Friday.

As a surprise for Jack and an early Valentine's present I am getting him an Ipad on Friday. He doesn't need the cellular as he can use mine when we travel for that so it is much less expensive and no data cost either. I am waiting until tomorrow then will order Thomas's and Jackson's Valentine's Day gifts. I am getting Jackson a gift can that has his picture on the top and a little poem and has popcorn and candy and stuff in it and Thomas is getting a gift box with cookies, pretzels and stuff in it. He likes these particular cookies so am ordering one of their gift boxes.

Maggie: I noticed on tv commercials for easy different yeast breads that have little or no kneading so I imagine you can find many different kinds. Good luck with that.

Susan: Wow! Seven inches??? That is like a blizzard other areas of the country. I imagine you are pretty stuck again in the house with that kind of snow. I sure with it would start to warm up soon.

You gals have a great day. I am going to make myself a lean cuisine and have a container of fruit and some veggies. Faye[/B
]

Last edited by gma22 : 01-29-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #26

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it is a bit warmer according to the thermometer; it doesn't feel like it though. My car is in the shop getting new struts today. It's been over two weeks and supposedly they couldn't find GM parts for it. Two days ago Bob threatened to contact GM himself and guess what -- the parts miraculously appeared yesterday! The breakdown shouldn't have happened in the first place with a little over 6,000 miles on the car. I have bell practice later this afternoon and other than that have been spinning my wheels today. Everywhere I look is dust or clutter of some sort.

"Gma" -- I don't know about Lowe's but Beth bought appliances at Menards, which is a similar type store. They don't have a service department and she found out when her fridge took a dump. Other appliance stores really didn't want to work on it if she didn't buy it from them. The weather channel showed pictures of the storm in IL and IN; we didn't get any of that snow, just the wind. Jack will enjoy his own iPad!

Maggie -- I hope your computer is a quick fix. Good luck with the bread making and baking.

Susan -- We haven't had 7", total, of snow all winter. We really need the moisture even though snow doesn't measure like rain. I keep telling Ian that he will have the most fun when he can play in the jazz and marching bands. Our Middle School has a jazz band so I'm hoping his does too.

I see the mail is here so guess I will see what surprises might be in the local newspaper. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and keep warm!

Last edited by Jean : 01-29-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

My computer seems to be working fine now since the teckie downloaded a couple files to my computer that helped it out this morning. He was able to do the fix without my having to take it down to the shop. I give him permission to get into my computer. Gracious sakes I certainly don’t have anything to hide for my life is an open book.

We have been out and about and had lunch at a good diner. I had a turkey sandwich without any mayo and ate half of it with a side of cottage cheese and tomato instead of the fries or onion rings. They are very nice in that restaurant to give me what I ask for.

It is hard to believe it is already 4 o’clock of the hour and all I have accomplished here at home so far is coloring my hair and having my morning shower. Time sure flies when you are having fun.

SUSAN Lots of full timers on the road have their crafts along with them. Usually they have a small motor-home pulling an enclosed trailer with their craft items inside. We have run across quilters in the groups we have encountered. I have purchased some nice items from crafters on the road. I have a beautiful flat paddle like thing made out of wood with holes in it with a handle that is used to put up against a pot and drain the water off whatever you are cooking. A hand held colander. Looks like a flat pollywog. Got that at a crafts fair along the road put on by full timers. You name it and someone out there is making it ~ well almost anything. If a person wants to travel a way can be found but that life is not for everyone for sure.

JEAN We certainly need some rain here in this part of the country for it has been way too long since we have had any moisture. It just clouds up and gives us nothing. What surprises did you find in your paper? Probably MOS.

DONNA FAYE Yes I was very pleased to find that Krustaez is making quite a variety of bread to mix up without using a bread machine. I find their breads are about the same points+ as any other lightened breads. I am glad they are making the mixes for their lightened cornbread is really good. I don't eat a lot of bread anymore and when I do eat some I like a "good" piece.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Old 01-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #28

Good afternoon gals. Another chilly day here and it is windy again today. Boy I will be glad when spring starts for sure. I am done with the cold weather.

Been working on my sweater a lot the last couple days and reading. I did a load of laundry this morning and then could do whatever I wanted as my house is all nice and clean again.

I am biting the bullet, but am going to have to go to Krogers tomorrow and pick up some stuff before commissary shopping. We are out of milk, soda, eggs and almost out of bread. I need to get some whole wheat bread for myself too. I am hoping we don't have to hang out at the hospital too long tomorrow and can get the preop testing done fairly quickly. I am going to show up early and hope for the best. My appt is 10 am but I think I will be there about half an hour early.

Maggie: If I am having a homemade bread, I kind of like the dense breads like the sour doughs or even ryes and such. I do like them fresh though. Nothing is worse than stale bread imo.

Jean: I hate dealership repair places and for that matter almost any place like that anymore. They give you such a run around then charge you out the wazoo for the privilege. I know yours is covered under warranty still, but two weeks? That is plain ridiculous. I have to say the couple times we had to take the Mariner in we had an in and out in one day. It is showing its age some these days, but nothing with regards to driving it. It is more things coming apart or whatever. We probably should go and have the rearview mirror replaced as the sensor is whacked in it, but it will be expensive because the microphone for the sync system is in the mirror and the whole thing has to come out. So for now we will just deal with it acting up.

Guess I should go out and check the mail. I am expecting my bracelet stuff today and would like to wear it tomorrow so need to put it together when it gets here. Have a great day everyone. Faye
Old 01-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #29
Thin Within

Talking Terrific Thursday

It is another chilly cay here in the ♥-Land and I also will be glad when spring is here and we can have some nice days and the trees will have those beautiful green leaves once again.

We had lunch with the workers at the Museum today and had a great time. I am home now and Will is doing his volunteer day at the Museum. I had a beautiful white Battenberg lace parasail that I gave to the gal that is studying to be a curator at the museum and dresses up in colonial time costumes when there is a show or program. She was so jazzed to get it and told me that she had wanted to buy one but they were just too expensive. Well that one didn’t cost me much at all but I have had it for years. I was so glad when I had un-wrapped it that it was still snow white and hadn’t taken on a yellow tint anywhere. I certainly didn’t want to drag that around the country and she is the perfect one for me to gift it to.

I have a little electrical drimmel tool that etches glass that I am keeping for I can personalize glasses and mugs while we are out and about. I have a neat booklet on glass engraving that is a course & patterns. It says if you can trace a pattern, you can easily create elegant designs. You put the drawing of what you want to etch inside the glass or whatever container you want to etch ~ then trace it by etching the glass. I have used this tool all along for years to sign my name and date the things I make. It will be fun to etch some flowers and animals and such. My tool came in a nice case with different etching tips.

There must be some type of pressure system in the atmosphere today for my left knee hurts. I am so glad that both my knees don’t hurt at the same time ~ they take turns. This getting old is for the birds. But I takes it as it comes.

My teckie junkies are so cool. They have a way now if I press shift/f8 I can snap a picture of my screen to show them what is happening and send it to them and they will act on it to find a solution for my computer problem. I have computer help at my fingertips. I love it. Of course we paid for a subscription of their services since this computer was fraught with problems from the get go since someone had messed with it. I think maybe now all the weird quirks have been dealt with, hopefully anyway. But we have saved a lot of money by subscribing to their services.

DONNA FAYE I also like the bread that has some substance. My favorite being sourdough and I am looking forward to using this box of Krustaez and see how it is. Everything else of theirs I have tried has been good so I have faith this will be yummy also. We are planning on keeping my Cuisinart Combo Steam & Convection Oven for the steam heat cuts cooking time by as much as 40% and it also broils, bakes, roasts and toasts. It also proofs bread. It is designed to steam or poach any type of vegetable, fish, poultry or rice which is fluffy in 25 minutes without monitoring. It is the cats meow of my appliances. It will definitely have a home in the motor-home since it can do so many functions. The only other appliances I will be taking are my hand blender and hand mixer. I have a real nice hand blender that came in a case with all it's attachments. My hand mixer is one that has dough hooks so has a strong motor.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Old 01-31-2014, 06:21 AM   #30

Good morning ladies. I have my preop to do in a few hours and just woke up early. I guess I am just programmed.

Jack went and got his new Ipad last night. He had to run around a bit to get it though. He went to Staples, but found out Apple only lets certain stores sell them outright other than online and Staples can only sell online. He came back home then realized he could have gone to Target, which is in the same shopping center so back he went. He also got a nice case for it on clearance so he saved $8 on that. He sat around playing RISK on it last night all evening. Well that and asking me how to do this or that. You would think a man who has the knowledge he does about computers could figure out how to load an app he already had on his Iphone. He's funny.

I haven't bought a handbag in a long, long time and found this handbag/knitting bag combo and bought it online yesterday. I saved $15 by getting it somewhere other than the design place. One of the great things is it has feet so you can sit in on the floor and knit with your yarn in the bag and not have it falling over and such. It is actually big enough to put a sweater in too so that is great and lots of pockets, which I love. I bought a sunny canary yellow a I need a dose of spring badly.

Maggie: I would like to get back into baking my own bread again, but homemade bread is pretty tempting and I am not sure I would leave it alone for the most part. I am not a huge bread eater unless the stuff is homemade then I am a goner. I buy these knot yeast rolls at Fresh Market and Jack doesn't eat them so if I don't pace myself I can sit and eat 3 of them as they are small. I try not to buy them.

Well girls, not much going on here. Have a good one and a great weekend. We have commissary shopping this weekend, which should be fun. Faye
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.