View Poll Results: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With High Cholesterol?
Yes-But No Medications 2 22.22%
Yes-Taking Medications 1 11.11%
No 6 66.67%
I'm Not Sure/I Can't Remember 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 12:21 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Shelley: Have you tried Lime away? It helps with rust and hard water deposits. Maybe you have a heat rash?? Is it better tonight? Sending a dose of {{{hugs}}} your way!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:34 AM   #17  
Carol

Good Morning all!!

Debbie & Sherry:

I missed you both tremendously!!! So glad you are home.

So sorry you are not feeling well Sherry. Please feel better soon!

It sounds like there are quite a few of us who need to get re-motivated and get started again staying OP. I am also one of those. I was so proud of myself on Thursday, I had finally... gotten under 170 (169.25 to be exact), but then I gained back 3 lbs over the 4th of July weekend!! Back at 172.25.. How depressing!!

Anyway, we need to find our inner strength again!!! So here we go ladies. We can do this if we support and encourage each other. Lets go!!!

BEGIN TO CLIMB

When you must get over the mountain, you've got to begin to climb. Much effort will be required, and the sooner you start to climb the sooner you'll reach the other side.

Just because the task is difficult is no reason to avoid it. Just because the odds are stacked against you is no reason to back away.

While you're complaining that things are too unfair, complicated or overwhelming, they generally become even more so. Better then to simply start to work on them right away.

Just because you've fallen short in the past is no reason to avoid acting in the present with new energy and resolve.

With each mistake and every experience, you've learned and refined your skills. You're more experienced and more capable now than ever before.

Put your past disappointments to positive use by transforming them into present opportunities.

Get going, get busy, and you'll put even the most daunting challenges successfully behind you.

To Jennelle and Shelley:

Please don't be so hard on yourselves. We all have gone through bad times or bad things and get down on ourselves or have medical problems. I have had my share of ups and downs to be sure. Full of depression and health problems. But we will make it through with a little help from our friends. I am here for you. Feel free to email me personally if you like. I love you gals!!

I have to run now, so no time to write to everyone, but I will try to post more later.

We have had our computer unplugged a lot lately with all the storms and rain ripping through our area, but I will post when I can. Even our computers at work have been giving us trouble.

Hugs
Carol
Bye for now!

Last edited by Carol101; 07-09-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:49 AM   #18  

Carol-Your motivation today is wonderful! I really need to start climbing that mountain.

My DH thinks I got the hives from not using gloves while cleaning out the tub. I never use gloves. He says bleach is systemic. Anyway, I am better today. The Benedryl knocked me out completely. I didn't wake up until 7 today!!
Old 07-09-2003, 09:45 AM   #19  
Losing it!

Glad your feeling better Shelley!!!!!

Thank you for the motivation this morning Carol!!!!! Like I told Deb, I bet the gain is from fluid. BTW: Have I told you that your doing super??!!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 11:08 AM   #20  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - The doctor's office scales are always about 4 lbs. more than my scales at home, so I wouldn't worry too much about your "weight gain." Also, I laughed my (_Y_) off at your comment: "Sometimes I wonder how some of the teachers at our school got degrees!" Ain't it the TRUTH?!

Shelley - Your DH might be right. Something that has never affected you can suddenly cause a reaction. It happened to me once with Purex laundry soap.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:42 AM   #21  

I may be feeling a little better this morning.My throat & ears still hurt though. I'm going to take it easy again today and maybe by tomorrow I'll feel like doing something.

Shelley,
The "lime away" is great. I also like "Mildrew Stain Recovery", I get it at the Dollar Store.

Jennelle,
I weighed this morning and my scales showed 177...The Dr.'s showed 176. I'm going with mine. When (and IF) I get well, I'm going to be right back OP!!!

Dee,
Are you ok? Did you read my last LONG post? I'm worried about you!

Carol,
Thanks! I sure need to start climbing that mountain!!

Gayle,
Thanks for my big hug!! I sure needed that!

To everyone else......Have a great OP day!! I'll check back later...Gotta go lay down.

Hugs........
Old 07-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #22  

Good evening ladies!!!!
Oh how I HATE not being able to check in daily and read your posts!
The good news is that my computer shipped on Tuesday and may possibly be delivered tomorrow. It better hurry, or I'll have to go and get a shot for computer withdrawls! hahaha

I had so much reading to catch up, I hope I can remember to address everyone.

Sherry and Debbie, we all missed you so much! Aren't you proud of us though? We didn't even get into any trouble while you were gone! LOL
Sherry, I'm so sorry you are sick. Please take care of yourself and DON'T WORRY ABOUT CLEANING THAT HOUSE!!!!

Debbie, have you read the SB book yet? I actually haven't been able to find it. I've just been using the prevention website.....at least until I lost my computer! I had done so well until someone brought me some huge blackberries. I just couldn't resist. Oh how I love berries! Let me know what you think of the book.

Shelley, are you feeling better today? Please don't get down on yourself because of those tests. I doubt that many of us could pass them after being out of school for so long. Those are skills that most of us just don't use on a daily basis. Hold your head up and be proud of who you are.

Jeanne, I can't wait to see some photos of your trip. I know you will get right back on track with your way of eating. Hang in there.

Gayle, How is your friend doing? Are your weekend outings over for a while? Are you still enjoying your new haircut?

Jennelle, Cheryl, Doni, Dee, Titan Dee, Carol, Vicki, Liz I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer. If I forgot anyone, I'm so sorry. Hopefully I'll be back online tomorrow and maybe my brain will start functioning again! hahaha

OK ladies, tonight's lottery drawing is for 240 million dollars....good luck to any of you who have tickets and if I win, you know we will have the biggest Floozie party in the history of the world!

Good night everyone!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:30 PM   #23  

I'm here. Other than a soap opera battle with Cingular over their messed up billing, everything is okay.

Ramona, sorry about your computer. I hoped you have "everything" backed up which reminds me that I need to do that again. I've certain files that I do regularly, but had not done a couple others that would be critical like bookmarks and email address book. Hint to everyone else!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:48 PM   #24  

I wanted to share this with you. It was in my FIRST magazine:

15 Reasons To Love Your Body--Flaws & All

1.Confidence comes in all shapes and sizes-including yours!

2.Queen Latifah is strutting her stuff all over the place these days,so why shouldn't you?

3.Because stretch marks are a small price to pay for bringing your baby in to the world.

4.The last time we checked, "soft", "warm" and "cuddly" were all POSITIVE attributes.

5.Sexologists confirm that loving your body is a scientifically proven key to bedroom bliss.

6.You fit so comfortably into your spot on the sofa.Why would you want to mess with that?

7.There are as many different kinds of "perfect" as there are people.

8. Who's got the bucks to blow on a whole new wardrobe?

9.Your body gives your beautiful and unique soul a place to hang out.

10.No matter how you see your figure, your kids think you're the most beautiful woman in the world.

11.Watch & See: The minute you stop focusing on your imperfections, those last 10 lbs. will fall off.

12.Even Hollywood hotties have FLAWS-can you say AIRBRUSHED?

13.Your current weight is someone else's goal weight-No matter what your scales says!

14.If you only had eyes in the back of your head, you'd catch all those admiring double takes.

15.Because it's the things that make you different-flaws and all-that make you so unforgettable.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:36 AM   #25  
Losing it!

Cute Sherry!!!! Are you feeling better? What do you use on your mirrors? I have constant streaks!

Ramona: Nancy takes chemo once a week with a 2 hour treatment. Once a month she takes a special 4 hour bone treatment, so next week her treatment will be 6 hours!!! She is a very strong and spirited woman. I spoke with her today on the phone and one would never know everything she has been through by her attitude and voice.

Glad to see your back Titan!!! I hope you get the problems taken care of with Cingular.

DEE??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please come out and play!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:01 AM   #26  

Gayle I have been lurking every once in awhile. Sorry for not posting. Sherry you asked if I was ok and that I didn't sound like my old self.......well I am not sure. My lungs are cleared up but I still have a cough. My asthma is bothering but I think that is just a part of the recovery. We are having problems with the kids again. Jay is just plain disrespectful and will get in a fight with me over a small request and Dez......yikes. Teenager out of control! Here are just a few of the things that she has done in the past month....walking topless for a block on a busy street, staying over night at a guys party when we told her to come home but no she drank til she past out, swearing at me with the f word, while we were in the states she had 2 parties with alcohol and a bunch of friends, she disturbed the neighbors both nights and they complained, she was only allowed one friend over and these parties were publisised as her msn name inviting everyone to the parties, she hasn't been keeping her curfew, we canned her and she doesn't stay home.......do I need to say more? Well I told her that if she wants to live under our roof she follows are rules. She wants to live her but she hasn't been proving it. We had a family counciling meeting tuesday, we will keep her for now and any conflicts Larry has to deal with because it is affecting my health. Too many chest pains. Yesterday I had a blood pressure monitor put on it is for 24 hours. Believe it or not my blood pressure falls on the low side and I get dizzy from it. They are just trying to figure out what is going on.

Sherry and Debbie I just have to tell you that I really did miss you, it was quiet here without you girls.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:28 AM   #27  

Mornin'

Thanks for all the well wishes.This morning I think I'm feeling a lot better but my throat is still so sore and I still have this bad cough but overall, I do feel better! I do feel a yeast infection coming on from all the antibotics.

Ramona,
I can't wait until you get your computer.I miss your daily posts! Hopefully you'll get it today!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Gayle,
For your streaky mirrors, Try rubbing the mirror with alcohol on a cotton ball. It shouldn't fog up anymore during showers and won't streak. It works for me!

Dee,
I wish I was in Canada to give you a BIG HUG!!!! But see if you can feel this one....... I KNEW something was wrong because you just haven't been acting like yourself. I'm so sorry to hear about the kids.You shouldn't have to go through all this! I would tell Dez that she has 2 weeks to get her act together or she can find someplace else to live.I know she's your Daughter and that sounds so harsh but there's not too much more you can take!!! Please know that we're ALWAYS here for you!!! We want to listen to your problems and give advice. We love you Dee!!!!!

Jennelle,
Did you sign your contract yesterday? I was thinking about you!!

Dee (Titan),
Welcome back!! I'm so glad you posted!! I have missed you!! Are we still making plans to meet the end of the month?

To everyone else:
Hope you have a great OP day. I've got a lot do to today.I have been so sick, my housework is so far behind. I'll check in later.....

HUGS..............
Old 07-10-2003, 11:04 AM   #28  

Dee-Please email me if you need to talk. I noticed you are still using my old address. Please use [email protected]. I'm here for you---we all are! I agree with Sherry. She needs to be cornered into either going by your house rules or get out. I know how much you love her, but it sounds like she needs a dose of tough love!! Take care of yourself!!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:57 AM   #29  
Losing it!

Dee, you poor dear. I'm so sorry that your kids make your life miserable. We are here for you if you need us. PLEASE remember this. Tell me if it's none of my business, but is Dez sexually active? She is putting herself at risk passing out at parties. This is a different world we live in today compared to when we were teenagers. I agree with Shelley and Sherry, tell her straighten up or shes out of the house. She is disrespecting you and Larry by doing the things that she knows you do not approve of. I know as a mother, you want to protect her by letting her live at home. But honestly, look what shes doing living with you, could it be much worse living somewhere else? I am sending good vibes your direction and remember we are here for you!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:58 AM   #30  
Losing it!

{{{HUGE HUG FOR DEE!!}}}
Closed Thread