3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies January - Janus, god of the New Year and good intentions. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/291063-worldlies-january-janus-god-new-year-good-intentions.html)

Laura705 01-14-2014 10:56 AM

Morning all.

Susie – Good you talked it out with DH. I think everyone - men and women - occasionally blurt out something they shouldn’t. My bf’s brother is particularly prone to speaking without thinking and is always saying something thoughtless and idiotic. Logging my food helps me when it’s time to go back and see where I could have made better choices. I have to say, I seem have an easier time finding the foods in MFP than in the other tools I've used for logging. So far, so good.

Michelle – Wow, your stepbrother’s made quite a drastic change in lifestyle! I can see not needing a big living space – I suppose he’ll want to spend a lot of time outdoors. But even without swimming in that lagoon – I’d be so scared of the proximity of the crocs!! :yikes: Looking forward to hearing more about his new life in the future. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. So nice Santa gets to enjoy the dog park – most dogs love being in that pack environment. Bf and I are finally going to finish up and submit the application for the doggy daycare near our house and go forward with the evaluation. We want Coal to spend some time socializing with other dogs, and we want to have a place for him to stay if we decide to go out for a long day or overnight trips. That’s been an obstacle for us for many years. Re the weekend – I don’t get the 20th off either, and our next holiday is also President’s day in Feb. Re the fitness challenges, they are at the site http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/challenges/. I copied and pasted the two I'm doing into MS word docs - I'll e-mail them to you. If anyone else wants them, let me know.

Ceejay – Good idea to have your nephew and his gf notify the humane society re the missing dog, and maybe they should do that for all the surrounding areas. After a time it might seem unlikely that the dog will be found, but then I think about several stories I've heard about people eventually being reunited with pets after natural disasters separated them.

Happy – Sorry the dealers did something to make you mistrust them. Leaves you with a bad feeling. Did your previous 4runner have running boards?? I believe our next vehicle will be a crossover or SUV and I'm going to keep that in mind. Eeek, I wouldn’t want to pick berries if I were going to encounter spiders!!! Nice that you’re in an area that has berry picking spots, or a lot of farmstands at which to buy local berries. Re yoga pants – I think that’s become a generic term for stretchy workout bottoms. I do think some yoga pants have a waistband that folds down to wherever you want it. With all the poses being done, I’ve realized that the tights/legging type of leg might be better for yoga, because the loose legs just ride up when you do moves that have your legs lifted. I believe yoga tops are more specialized – the ones specific to yoga are longer in back to keep things covered when bending. The long-sleeved yoga tops often have longer sleeves with a slit at the cuff for your thumb to hook through – otherwise the sleeves can ride up. I think if I want something nicer, I’ll have to resign myself to paying more $$ for my workout clothes. I received a catalog from Athleta (a Gap company) and the clothes are sort of pricey - of course everything is compared to Kohl's/Target/Walmart, LOL. :lol: It just goes against the grain – these are clothes I’m going to get sweaty in, why do I have to pay as much or more for them than any other type of clothes I own??

Morning to Shad & Annie.
==
Nothing much to report. Like Friday, another short evening train, usually 11 railcars, it’s been 7. So I had to stand all the way home again. Definitely need to leave the office earlier if I want a seat. This morning’s train was also a car short, and there were standees (thankfully I wasn’t one of them). The conductor made an apology, saying there were a lot of cars in the shop being repaired…wonder if that’s related to the cold/snow we’ve had or just a coincidence of timing. :?:

Yesterday was a rest day for my challenges, so I was slothful and even fell asleep on the sofa around 9 pm in my snuggy blanket. It was soooo hard to get up to brush my teeth and get into bed – and it was 11 pm by the time I finally did that.

Okay, today is finally a WW at work meeting. I believe it’s also an open house today – I suppose they encourage new members even though it’s not the beginning of a new session. According to my booklet, we’re only on week 10, having cancelled 3 weeks due to the holidays and the office closure. I expect to see some sort of loss, even if it’s just on the basis of me wearing my usual “weigh-in clothes” today – I specifically recall wearing heavy clothing & shoes last time because I knew I’d have a gain and didn’t care what I wore. Silly. WW loss or not, I’m pleased that since I’ve been back to tracking I’ve gone down 2-3 pounds, which is about what I gained during December.

That’s it for me. Everyone have a great day/evening. TTFN.
:cheers:

Laura705 01-14-2014 10:59 AM

Annie - Good job on the OP eating!! Yeh, bf and I never seem to work in movies to our schedule. We tend to watch more movies at home now. Tonight I'm seeing the movie "Her" with Joaquin Phoenix and (the voice of) Scarlett Johanssen.

diyana 01-14-2014 12:03 PM

Good morning ladies,

I went to the gym last night. I got lost on the way there (first time to this gym that's close to my office), but at least now I know where it is. I managed 20 minutes on the bike, and then I went home and took Santa for a brisk walk. Last night, I re-packed my gym bag for today, but I've woken up with a sore throat and swollen glands...so I'm going to skip the gym tonight, take some Nyquil and go to bed early. I will walk have to walk the dog though.

==============
Susie - Sometimes people say things without thinking about how it will come out or be perceived. Good for you for talking it through with your DH.

Annie - Great job on the OP eating! I hope the lil man is doing better today. I know what you mean about coordinating schedules with your guy. D and I are on very different schedules. His work has him busy in the evenings and most weekends...so when we do have an evening or weekend together, it makes it exta special. I hadn't heard about the chemical spill in NC; scary that they can't even use it to bathe in.

Laura - Yep, my step-brother is a man of simple needs. I agree about being so close to the crocs...but if anyone can live in close proximity to crocs, it's my step-brother. He's had big lizards and snakes his whole life...He knows how to give animals the appropriate respect and how to not be stupid around them. Santa loves doggy daycare, though he does play more at the dog park then at day care. It's nice to have the day care option and know that Santa is having a good time and is looked after. Yes, please e-mail me the challenges if you haven't done so already. So odd that they've shortened the evening train. The BART trains were shorter during Christmas week, but got back up to regular length after the holiday. Good luck on weigh in. Great job on losing the December gains! A couple friends of mine saw "Her" and liked it.

:wave: to Shad, Ceejay and Happy!

Better get back to it.

Love and hugs,

annie175 01-14-2014 01:27 PM

CHELLE...are you taking all your vitamins, especially C. B12, the kind you desolve under your tongue would be the best. No sickies allowed.

LAURA...I may just tell C we are going to the movies on Sunday morning before noon when the movies are 5 bucks. Usually there are not may movies I want to see and now there are several. Mr. Banks, the Osage County one, the Wallstreet one, can't remember the names exactly, Frozen....I feel really determined this time to lose the extra poundage.

HAPPY...come out, come out, where ever you are!

Lil man a the same as yesterday. I told Sissy if he is not better by Thursday to call the doc again. Strep is nothing to mess around with, especially that young. And he got up this morning saying, "Mommie, mouf, mommie mouf, drink, please" So it has to hurt. Breaks my heart.

Got to get busy...later my chick-a-dees.

happy2bme 01-14-2014 07:39 PM

Hi all,

Thought I got in here yesterday, guess not. My knee is really hurting badly and the pain is moving down to my foot. I stopped several times and did my stretches because I read an article that 90 percent of knee pain is caused by the iliotibial (IT) band in the leg. I'm going to add icing it as well as regular doses of anti-inflammatories. I am bad at remembering to take pills. Yesterday I sat in the recliner to read and the cat crawled into my lap because she was cold. She generally sits between my legs when I have them raised up. I had to move her after 10 minutes because just the slight movement of having my legs opened up pulled on the knee. I am supposed to start a yoga class on Thursday. Good thing it's at the senior center - that's my only hope of keeping up with it :lol: My buddy at the thrift shop called me earlier asking if I wanted to work this afternoon and I said no because the afternoon lady is coming in, she just doesn't mark herself on the calendar. I got a call later asking if I would come in on Tuesday mornings and help with the used books which are about 1/4 the stock in the store. So I will do that starting next week. Today we picked up the Avalon from the service place just down the road. I wish we had both cars towed and repaired there is retrospect. That's what SHOULD have been done but the 3rd party roadside assistance screwed up. DH suggested I drive the rental car because it was snowing today and that car has all wheel drive. I don't like driving cars I'm not familiar with but I trusted him and it was a short drive home anyway. We'll probably return the rental car day after tomorrow once we know everything is good with the Avalon.

I am reading Fannie Flagg's newest book - The All Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion. It's cute, it's funny. If you want a light read I recommend it. Also reading Wally Lamb's Wishin and Hopin. That one (fiction) is set in the 1960's and is the story of young Felix Funicello - cousin to yes, Mouseketter Annette (sp sp sp :dizzy:). What I liked about that one is I too went to Catholic grade school in the 1960s and it brought back so many memories of days gone by. I keep nodding to myself - I REMEMBER that - LOL.

Annie - I agree with you that strep is nothing to take lightly - it can do some serious damage. Poor little guy - sore throat is an understatement. I'm glad you are logging on MFP - it was hard to get in the groove at first but it kind of grows on you after a while and is a gentle motivator I think.

Michelle - thanks for the pics of Belize. I had 2 thoughts - 1 is that it's a good thing he's a guy and is not like us who must have a lot of "stuff" everywhere we go - that's like living in a hotel room. The other has to do with the crocodiles sitting on the water. :yikes: I was in Sanibel Island for a friend's destination wedding and the crocs would come up on the greens to sun themselves. Apparently they don't have very good eyesight but they can run pretty darn fast when they set their minds to it. I'm glad he made it there safely. Hope he likes what looks like an interesting slice in his life. Hey, why not? Good job for getting to the gym and working out! That's funny how Santa is such a ham for attention - I guess he and my Nina sure know how to get what they want :lol: Thanks for the advice on the car coating. I was noticing rock dinks on the front of the car too - will have to see if that improves with the clear coat. As for the septic, we got ours pumped in the summer but that's an excellent point about not doing it in the fall for obvious reasons.

Laura - thank you for including the link for the fitness challenges - I can't do them now but they will be a welcome reference for later on. As you your question, yes - all of our 4Runners have had running boards. Since they sit up high, I would not be able to get into the car without them. They lowered the car on the crossovers like the Highlander and Chevy Equinox so those don't really need them. DH was admiring a Tundra (truck) on the showroom floor and I said fuggetabowdit because the floorboard came to my chin. In order to get into it I'd need fold down stairs like you see on Cessna airplanes :lol: Thank you very much for the run down on the yoga clothing - that will be very helpful to me, especially attending a class. I guess long ago are the days when you borrowed your BF's roomy cotton t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants to head to the gym :lol: Bummer that you had to stand on the train - I always had a newspaper in my bag and would set the advertisements down on the stairs going to the upper level and sit in "the cheap seats". Of course I would be the last to sit once the train pulled out of the station and I always got up to let people off. Good that you are tracking again too - seems like we are all getting back in the swing of things with the new year.

Susie - sorry you had a moment with the DH. My hubby loves me dearly (or so I've been told :lol: ) but sometimes he makes remarks that are not intended to be hurtful but they are. My sister said it's because they are just not wired the same way but I don't always give a pass on that. The important thing is that you talk it out - often they don't understand why we might take something one way when they didn't think it was a big deal. I had to work long and hard on mine because sometimes I'd do something that bothered him and instead of saying something right away, he'd just let it pass so as not to make a stink about it. And so, not knowing he didn't like it, I'd just keep a doing it :smug: until he finally had enough and he'd blow his top :mad: and I'd be wondering WHAT'S THE BIG FARGIN' DEAL???? So now we bring things up when we are both in a calm frame of mind and it works out better that way. Guys - can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em? right? :rofl: I don't understand how we could have been made so differently.

Ceejay - I agree with you about the knees and berry picking. That's why blueberries are easier - the bushes are our height and even a bit higher so there's not much bending down. Did you ever find the cord for your tablet?

So Shad I'm curious. Aside from vegemite, are you eating any different foods now that you are in Kiwi-land again? You talked about going to the market and I know you favor lamb back home but what's on the menu now? How's the new storage holding up? I see you managed to get an accurate reading on the scale and have recorded a loss - :yay:

I think I'm going to go find something light for supper. Had made some cheese tortellini (fresh pasta) and I stored them in some of the chicken broth yesterday. Good thing as I had that for lunch today - being in the chicken soup broth was much less calories than some sort of sauce. I made DH some brownies yesterday and while I can generally resist them, darn these came out good. I had to recalculate the portion and calories - no way can you cut the pan into servings that are 1/16 as figured on the box. I did enter it as a snack today to see what the calorie damage is. Still deciding if I want to be a sinner or not and actually have one. And one is all I'd get as DH won't let them sit around for very long. :lol:

That's it for today chicks.

MyChoice2bfit 01-14-2014 10:42 PM

Hi. Another busy day with work. It is always like that and I don't see it changing. What I do see changing is me. I am taking the time to get my workouts in no matter how much work I still have to do and I post on MFP because I know you all are there posting too and here daily to talk and share. Thank you all for welcoming me here and being a part of my journey and I apart of yours.

Happy, I have bad knees too. Actually I have osteoarthritis in my left knee and I have to ice it a lot and stretch it and take naproxen. I am glad you took it easy on it. I hope it feels better tomorrow.

I could taste the brownie you were talking about. I love brownies.
Did you have it?

Laura, I don't like to spend big money on workout clothes. I find a lot of mine at end of season sales at JC Penny. I pair a lot of the pants with t-shirts from Wal-Mart and Target. How did the WW meeting go.

Michelle: I hope the extra sleep helps you to fight off the cold.

Ceejay, how is work going?

Annie I sure hope your grandson is over this strep soon. I agree he should go back to the doctor if he isn't feeling better by Thursday. I saw Saving Mr Banks and it is a great movie. I hope you can get to see it.

Shad, your exercise on MFP is rockin! I can't see your food dairy though. I can see that you logged your food and where you are in your range, but I can't see the details. Can you see mine?

Time for me to head to bed. See you all tomorrow.

Shad 01-15-2014 03:36 AM

mmmm

annie175 01-15-2014 08:17 AM

Another day in paradise! NOT. Mighty cold and windy out there this morning. I am liking fitness pal. It does help me keep motivated.

HAPPY...wouldn't it be nice to have one day pain free? Sorry your knee is causing you such pain. That just stinks. Fanny Flagg's book sounds good, may have to get it as I could use a good giggle.

SUSIE...this is a great group of girls with a lot of support. We are glad to have you!

Boring evening at home. Dinner, dishes, bed. No TV no nuttin'

Hello to all the rest of you fine ladies.

Hugs

Laura705 01-15-2014 11:14 AM

Morning all. Like Annie said – not a day in paradise today. Frigid temps and gusty winds are back. We got a dusting of snow last night, and there are a lot of frozen spots from the melting snow over the weekend. Bf has been dropping me off and picking me up from the train station a lot lately. I generally don’t mind my walks between home and the station (about 5 blocks each way), but when we get the extreme temps and the pavement is hazardous (especially in the dark after work), I’m happy to get rides. I still walk on my other end of the commute – between the train and the office (also about 5 blocks) and I’m grateful that the pavements are almost always clear of ice & snow. By the way, by using my stopwatch to time myself, I’ve determined it’s more like a 10 minute walk for each of these walks when I’m not in a major hurry to make my train.

As for Metra, apparently the trains wear through brakes more quickly when dealing with this snow and ice and low temps, so they've had to take railcars out of service to do repairs. So said the conductors reading the apology on this morning's train - which was short two cars today. Seems like Metra does a lot of apologizing these days.

Michelle – I hope the extra rest last night helped your body fight off whatever germies are trying to invade. I guess your stepbrother will be very happy in Belize given his affinity for wildlife.

Annie – Poor li’l guy. I hope the strep eases up, the sore throat is so painful! There are a lot of movies I still want to see, but I have a feeling they’ll just have to go on the list for redbox, the library or Netflix.

Happy – Sorry your knee is hurting you. I hope the stretching, icing, and pills will help you. I hope you can make the yoga class tomorrow – in the long term the stretching will certainly help you. Both of the books you mentioned sound good - I could use some funny reads right now. I’ll have to add them to my list. Re the SUV’s and crossovers, whatever bf and I end up with, I know it’ll sit a bit higher than regular cars – bf likes the better visibility in traffic. I’m sure I’ll appreciate that too. But other than that, just give me a car with an engine powerful enough to get out of its own way, a sunroof, heated seats, and a backup camera and I’ll be happy. Oh, and decent gas mileage too. :D Yum, brownies!! :drool:

Susie – Glad you’re still blocking out time for your workouts in spite of being so busy at work. People need to make that time for themselves. I don’t get how people stay sane when they skip lunches, don’t take all their earned vacation time, and forgo their own needs for rest and exercise in favor of an overloaded schedule of home/family obligations. Some people just can't avoid that, but others just “want it all”, but what they really get is stress and all the negative physical manifestations of it. Oh, re the ability to see others’ diaries on MFP – people need to go to Food---Settings---Diary Sharing (towards bottom of page) to select what they prefer – private, public, friends only, and “locked with a key”, whatever that is, lol. I chose friends only – it might help me if someone calls me out on the junk I eat, LOL.

Annie – Sometimes boring is good. Did you get a good night's sleep?? Glad you find MFP motivating.

Hi Shad!! Hi Ceejay :wave: How are your weeks going??

==

I saw the movie “Her” last night. I found it an interesting topic – a man’s relationship with his “operating system”, which I liken to an online assistant and the voice on the gps – but much, much more advanced - artificial intelligence, blah blah blah. I thought it was a wee bit too long, but it was entertaining and I enjoyed it. Futuristic (but not too far distant), but not “science fiction-y”. Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams were good.

When I got home I did my challenges, and so it was a late bedtime for me. :shrug:

For tonight, we absolutely need to go out and buy some dog food – there was plenty of kibble for Coal’s breakfast but there won’t be enough for his dinner. Sigh. I hate when we cut it so close. Also need some other items.

Oh, WW. I had a loss of 3.8 pounds, which is exactly the gain I had shown at my last ww weigh-in last month, so I wiped that out. Whoo! No loss over the Christmas/NY holidays, but no gain either. I’m satisfied with that. But now…back to trying to make some forward progress. I’m less than 5 pounds from making my 10% loss and less than 10 pounds from what I believe I will set as my final goal weight and I’d like to finally get there. Our leader presented their new “simple start” plan and I like that it includes no tracking…though I’m doing alright with that for now. But the booklet they handed out looks like it has a lot of good ideas and recipes, so I’m going to make a point of reading through it.

Okay everyone, have a good day.
:sunny: :beach:

diyana 01-15-2014 11:43 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday, after picking Santa up and eating a couple bowls of soup that D made. I took a Nyquil and went to bed. I'm still sick this morning...and I felt like I could easily stay in bed and sleep all day, but given it's my second week on the job, I decided to suck it up buttercup and get to work.

==============
Annie - I'm hoping lil man is doing a bit better today. I feel so bad for little ones (and animals) when they aren't feeling well as they don't know what's going on or why they hurt. Sending healing vibes his way. I don't envy you all the cold, windy weather. Right now, I'm chilled here and it's in the low 40s. Yesterday, I actually wore a light jacket after work and it was 70 out, so that confirmed I'm sick (along with feeling like I could sleep for a week). I have been taking my vitamins. I just hope I kick this cold to the curb before it becomes something worse.

Happy - So sorry to hear your knee is bothering you. Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. You're right about my step-brother in that he doesn't need the creature comforts or a big place. His studio apartment here in San Jose was about the same size and roughly $1000 more per month for rent. I definitely think he'll be happy. He's already e-mailing and skype-ing regularly with people, so that will ease the homesickness. As for gym clothing, I wear yoga pants or roomy shorts, but I still wear a cotton t-shirt. No sweatpants because they're just too hot. LOL I love brownies...and can almost never resist them, so it's a good thing I wasn't at your house.

Shad - Congrats on the weight loss!!

Susie - Good for you for making time to workout despite having lots of work to do! With the exception of walking the dog, I've been sidelined with this cold, but once I'm better it's back to the gym. Sounds like your workout gear is like mine...workout pants and t-shirts.

Laura - Congrats on the fantastic weight loss!! :woohoo: To have no gain over the holidays is a tremendous accomplishment!! I'm so proud of and happy for you for doing so well! 10 more pounds...you can do this! No tracking with the new Simple Start plan, huh? I wonder if they're incorporating some of the principles of the "old" Core Plan, where you could eat from a list a healthy foods and didn't have to count or track points. That's good your bf is driving you to the train station. Better to have a shorter train with fewer railcars than to have some with faulty brakes. Like your bf, I too prefer the better visibility of an SUV or crossover. I'm hoping to hold on to my Corolla for the rest of this year and then re-evaluate. That movie "Her" sounds entertaining. I'm noticing of my friends...the men seem to interact more with Siri then the women. Personally, I don't feel the need for Siri or a phone that answers questions...I can google stuff just as easily. LOL

Lots to get done today...One more cup of Earl Grey and I should be able to focus. That's another way I know I'm sick...I usually don't like hot tea...but when I'm sick, I crave Earl Grey tea.

Much love to all,

ceejay52 01-15-2014 12:37 PM

I was busy at work yesterday. I decided to balance the reports and found some errors and corrected those. The freeze left one high service pump to where it counts continually so I'm having to calculate the number of gallons used by the hours ran.
My friend spent the night last night. She came to pick up some more of her stuff. She's found an apartment in her home town.
I've decided that I need to build my immune system and have started taking vitamin A. After this bottle is done then I'll take a regular multivitamin. I'm beginning to tell a difference.
Not sure who made the brownies but they are my favorite.
I didn't post yesterday in MFP but I will today.
I also have a dermatology appointment tomorrow in Jonesboro. I dread it but this should be the last except for a yearly check.

----------
Michelle
Sorry you are sick. Do take care of yourself. And good for you in finding the gym.

Happy
Sorry your knee is bothering you. This cold weather is probably the culprit.

Laura
That's quiet the loss of pounds and if that brings you back to your weight before the holiday's that's even better. You have been doing great.

Annie
I've been hearing about that chemical spill. That's terrible. We all need to have extra water in storage in case something like this happens. How is you dd and lil man. Did C finally get well from his diverticulosis? Sometimes it is a good thing to have some down time.

Susie
Glad you have joined us. All of you are helping to keep motivated.

Shad
I knew there was some one else. I heard on the news that is around 112 degree's in your part of the world.

happy2bme 01-15-2014 01:28 PM

Morning all,

Just got a phone call from the auto dealer - DH explained our concerns. They had a conversation and at least he let them know what we thought. Looks like the new car will be ready for pick up on Friday. The cold has returned back to us but it's brilliantly sunny so from the inside of the house, it doesn't look too bad :sunny:

I do have to admit that for YEARS I have resisted the type of eating plan where you track calories. I'm not a tracker - at least not on the minute level and in the past I found it tedious. But MFP is really not that bad. My biggest issue is that while they might have the foods I eat, I have to wiggle through a lot of duplicate entries and try to find portion sizes that match - ie. spoons and cups mostly. I really don't know how many grams are in something - and I noticed that when people enter things from the nutrition guides on the packages, it comes across in grams so you almost need to read the package to figure out a serving size. :dizzy: But outside of that, it's not that bad at all. I did resolve this year to be honest - if I ate something I probably shouldn't have if I'm on a diet, then I'm marking it down anyway because the only person I cheat is myself, right? MFP does make me think more about what I'm eating and how I'm moving and I don't feel pressured to be locked into something I'd rather not by any means.

Ceejay - are you dreading your appointment because they cut or burn stuff off of you? I wouldn't be happy about that either. Sounds like there is always something to keep you busy and pass the time at work.

Michelle - sorry you are sick - one good thing about the freeze up this way is that I think it keeps the germs at bay. People in the warmer weather like my niece in Houston seem to be having an awful time with that H1N1 flu that's going around. It's really knocking people down. You're smart to drink tea - add some honey and lemon for some extra soothing and get as much extra sleep as you can. Feel better! :hug:

Laura - when I last took the train they were slowly replacing the cars. Seems like now that they have newer ones they break down more easily! It's frustrating when they short out the cars on a busy line like yours. Sometimes I hated the walk from the train station to the office, especially when we started taking our laptops home - imagine what those old monsters weighed compared to now! But it's funny - as we moved to jobs where we drove to and from, many of us said we missed getting those forced walks in like you have now. I'd go back to them in a heartbeat because one sure becomes wimpy once you start driving everywhere. Congrats on dropping the extra few pounds you picked up. I think it's fantastic that you did not have any holiday weight gain - you were very good about just having a few treats and not going overboard and that really makes a big difference. I totally agree with BF about wanting to sit a bit higher to see traffic - especially in city driving. My sister said the same thing although her crossover only sits a tad higher than a regular car. I will let you know how the backup camera works - that's the one toy I want to play with the most. That and talking to the navigation system through the steering wheel :lol: I think DH was looking at a smartphone type of replacement for our TracPhone so that he could utilize the blue tooth, talk through the steering wheel / hands free capabilities too. Thanks for the review on "Her". That looked interesting - with Joaquin you're never quite sure what you're going to get :dizzy: :lol:

Shad - what's with the hmmm? :chin: Are you humming or did you find something to cock your eyebrow about or just too tired from working to say anything more??? :?:

Annie - how is C doing? Are you still having problems sleeping at night? Glad you are taking to MFP. It's interesting that you mention having a pain free day - I was thinking the same thing - what a wonderful feeling it would be to wake up totally refreshed and jump out of bed pain free to greet the day. :lol: I have realized that it's just motivation to keep moving and while I hate to take medicine, it's probably a good thing to keep up with the anti-inflamatories for a while because it makes a big difference when I actually TAKE THEM. :lol:

Cheers to Susie for introducing us to MFP. Very proud of you for making time to get some movement into your already busy day. That's the key they say, we have time to brush out teeth and do all sorts of things, let's make time for making good choices! JC Penney used to be a favorite for picking up clothes at clearance prices. I remember one of the guys I worked with in Memphis was struggling to make ends meet on his salary (don't assume all Indian contractors are making the big bucks - it was SHAMEFUL what they paid this poor man who had a million dollar background and experience). Anyway he came into the office and was delighted that he was finding work shirts on sale for 2 dollar after discounts. Of course they were odd sort of striped polo shirts but he rocked them. No Penneys anywhere in spitting distance now so I haven't shopped there in ages. Thank you for the knee tips - where do you ice your knee - top, under or side?

I think this covers all of you with personals. Need to go find me some lunch. DH started his photography class online today - I got him studying too :lol: I should check and see if there's anything interesting online as classes start today but maybe I have enough up my sleeve for the next 6 weeks. Have a good day everyone.

Shad 01-15-2014 02:03 PM

Morning all,
Rushing in and out quickly. I was trying to post last night when the internet decided that a go slow was the 'thing' and it hung everything. I did manage to get it back to put in my food and exercise for the day, but that was it. The 3fc site hung and I tried to see if I could get it to work. You saw the results.

As for MFP, I have changed the settings to make my food diary visible so there you are Susie. Also there is a setting where you can change from grams and kilos to ounces and pounds. I forget exactly where it is but it is somewhere in your personal details. I don't like the exercise part of it. There is far more to exercise than walk/jog/run/yoga, although they are a start. What about pilates, cardio classes and the rest. Can you put anything into that area. I don't bother to log strength since it doesn't seem to matter to the program.
Speaking of the program, the food side of it can be somewhat daunting to go through as Happy said, but what I do now is take the nearest to it (if I can't find the nutrition information on the packet and copy the details (enter one serve on your dinner and delete it later) and then put it in as Joys Brand and then a proper description. Use a kilogram/ gram converter to convert to lbs and ounces and a kilojoule (kilocalorie) to convert to calories. I have one listed in my favourites.

Gotta go. Long hard day today. I got up late so will have to work a bit longer but then it is still daylight until 9pm so will get my exercise down Tokyo Lane again tonight.

annie175 01-15-2014 02:56 PM

LAURA...I wish Indy had a train system, I would love it. Not to drive would be wonderful. We do have buses, but Lordy you have to ride it forever to get anywhere. I am not that patient. I think I will pass on the movie "Her", long movies make me crazy. Hard for me to sit still for that long. WTG on the WL...you are rockin' WW...so close to goal but yet so far. The last few pounds are the hardest.

HAPPY...I really like tracking in MFP. I am not having any issues with it so far, granted it has only been a few days but nothing has detoured me from it yet. Glad you are getting your car back. What a pain to be without your own car. Don't forget to take you meds, silly girl. My sleep is always suckie.

CEEG...you can take vit A and a multi at the same time. I take all sorts of vits at the same time. I think I take every letter in the alphabet and then some. lol

CHELLE...I do hope you are feeling better. Nice of D to make soup. That always tastes good when feeling ill. Get some rest tonight.

SHADDIE...don't work too hard, enjoy your evenings! 3FC site hangs up on me about once or twice a month. Has to be the ads trying to load.

Hi Ya SUSIE...hope your day is going well.

Lil man's fever finally broke this morning. Thank God, I was/am so worried about him. Sam said he is start to act normal again...Lord help us..lol

My job is majorily sucking again. I am so over it and ready to find something else, no matter the pay. I cried to myself in my cube for about an hour then sucked it up and have moved on. Not talking to anyone around me as they are all idiots and so childish. Whispering behind my back to say the least. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Oh well. This too shall pass.

Going to put together black bean soup in the crocker tonight to brew up tomorrow so dinner will be ready when I get home. I like coming home to dinner all made up.

That's about it for me today. My head is pounding from crying, I still agree with my son's theory of getting one human kill a month, no consequences. haha

Hugs.

diyana 01-15-2014 03:46 PM

Hi ladies,

Vertigo is back...just frickin' wonderful. Every time I turn my head to look at something on my desk the cube starts spinning. I keep telling myself that there's lots of people who pay good money to get the room spinning. Anyway, now that I have insurance, I'm going to the doc. If I wasn't dizzy and if I hadn't already started to wheeze a little, I'd probably hold out and go tomorrow. I'm leaving at 2 for my appointment. Vertigo, sore throat, swollen glands and sinus congestion/pressure. Lovely.

This is my first cold since I left Wisconsin...and actually, my first cold since last winter so I'm doing pretty good.

===============
Ceejay - I wasn't aware that vit. A was good for the immune system. I know that B vitamins are, and also Vit. D. I take Vit. D, Vit. C, and a multivitamin. I hope they derm appointment goes well.

Happy - As for germs freezing up there...I'm not so sure. I used to get a lot sicker in Wisconsin than I ever have in CA. I think it's because you're cooped up in tight quarters (in an office) with so many people who bring illnesses into the office. You can't even get fresh air because it's so darn cold outside. I usually get sick immediately after a plane trip too...so even though this kicked in about a week after, that's probably where I got it. Either that or from the day I don't have any lemon or honey for my tea...might stop on the way home and get some. I'll definitely do the extra sleeping thing though.

Shad - That metric conversion is making my congested little head spin....or maybe it's just the vertigo...whichever, I'll look at your food diary after the spinning stops.

Annie - For vitamins, I actually take a "Diabetes Nutrition Pack" that I get at Costco. It contains a multi-vit, fish oil, and a few other things specific to blood sugar balancing. I'm so glad the lil dude's fever broke. It sucks that your job is causing you such stress. I don't know the job market in Indy...here the job market is pretty good...but in Wisconsin it's still fairly depressed. Hang in there if you can. Wish I were there to give you a shoulder to cry on and a hug. Your idea about crock pot soup sounds good. Enjoy.

Back to it...just over an hour before I leave for the doctor appointment.