3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldlies January - Janus, god of the New Year and good intentions.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #31
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Oh Ceejay - I hope it's closer to 1 inch of snow than 3. Be careful!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #32

Height: 5'7"

Hello all. The funeral was a nice tribute to the deceased. I didn't know him well but felt like I did after attending the service.

What was interesting was watching my DH and his cousin's. You could see them getting to know each other again as they caught up and told stories of when the were small and spent weekends and summers together.

We didn't get any thing done today so tomorrow DH and I will divide and conconquer with him going to the grocery and me cleaning the house. I didn't get a workout in today and I hope tomorrow I can do a walking DVD.

Michelle: I hope you had a nice trip. Does the new job start on Monday?

Ceejay: Good for you for getting the wireless to work. I hope our snow levels are minimal. It is going to be enough to deal with the temps at the beginning of the week.

Happy : fingers crossed that the rolling worked. I have a friend of mine whose 6yr old daughter had vertigo a couple of months ago. I was telling her about it as something to keep in mind if it returns.

I will say a prayer for your DH. I hope things are ok with his heart. You might want to keep him out of the cold air that is coming. I have heard it can be hard on people with heart conditions to breathe in that cold air. I gave my husband some warnings about being careful when he is out clearing the walks and to wear his full face tobogan.

Did you make chili? DH is making that tomorrow.

Laura: When is your cruise and where are you cursing too? It has been 8 yrs since our cruise. It was our first and I loved it. It was a 7 day and we were in the Western Caribbean.

Shad: I hope you got everything dried out. I hope the landlord gets it figured out so it doesn't happen again. Can you move your bed to another location in the room away from the window?

When I was reading about you going up and down those hills I was getting winded just thinking about it.

I will PM you my username and email so if you want to link up on My Fitness Pal you can add me as a friend.

Goodnight everyone.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #33
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Warning vent time.
This will be brief. My co-worker started in with one of her lectures this morning and I told her to STOP. I'm tired of it. I didn't have a new year's resolution but I have one now, leave work at 7 p.m. If she starts her lecturing I'm leaving without a word being said. I was on the edge of losing my temper which doesn't happen often. Now I have a headache.
This morning I felt like a puppy being whipped for getting the gate off of my car, which was from the wind blowing.

I'll be back later when I calm down some more.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #34
Some days not so much

Morning ladies,

It's bright and sunny out there but really COLD . I see you that Laura, Annie and perhaps even Susie are getting belted with not only the cold but snow too. And lots of it. Stay safe, don't fall, dress warm and be careful shoveling. I have enough of the essentials - coffee creamer and milk to tide me over for a few days but will have to get to the store sometime soon. Should have stopped on Friday when we were out and about but I didn't have my list with me. I made the chili last night - got a big beef chuck roast and broke it down into chunks which DH likes much better than ground beef. It had really good chili flavor but I don't think I can eat it - came out more spicy than I intended to which is a big darn, darn because I sure had a taste for chili. DH said he thought it was delicious and he's looking forward to having it watching the football games today. I was also looking through some stuff and wound up signing up for a beginners yoga class starting the end of March. It's at a local fitness place down by our Walmart. This lady teaches several yoga classes of different levels all over the area and I've heard from several people that they really, really like her. Her classes - which are scheduled through the local junior college - fill up very quickly. So it's not unusual to have to sign up 3 or 4 months ahead of time because there is generally not many openings. I think she limits the class to 8 students and she gets a lot of repeat students. I also decided to take a Beginning Spanish class the end of this month. It also runs for 8 weeks and I'm sure it's going to be a pretty basic class but it will give me something to do, meets my objectives of doing things to stretch my brain and I am finding that occasionally I need my broken Spanish although not too much up here - more in the cities. So far I am not getting the vertigo but then again, I'm not doing the movements that bring on the vertigo so we'll see - tomorrow I can try for sure. DH is having fun learning about his new camera. The new zoom lens sure is BIG. You have to use a tripod - no way could you hold that steady and upright.

Annie - are you glad that your Colts (footy team Shad) pulled out the big game win? DH had that on the TV and I wasn't paying much attention to it until they started to rally about and pull it off. Are you getting a lot of snow? Bet Sassy is hating on that. When is Sissy due again - I hope not in this crazy winter we are having.

Ceejay - sorry about the coworker. Was she lecturing you? Good that you told her to stop her ranting. Just don't get yourself all worked up over it - not worth it at all.

Susie - although it's sad to have to attend a funeral, often it seems that's one of the few things that brings extended family back together again. That was good that DH had a chance to get together with cousins and such. Did these people come from different parts of the area or just don't get a chance to see each other any more? Thank you for the comment about DH, the heart and the cold. I didn't think of that at all so I mentioned it to him. Especially with the frightful cold we've had lately. He has to go out and plow - no getting around that. That's nice that DH is doing the grocery shopping while you tackle the house. Does he plan the menus too or do you just make a list and he gets the stuff?

Shad - I was meaning to ask you - being the honey lovers that you are on that side of the pond - what do you do with it besides put it in tea? I remember the first time you came to visit you brought some honey sticks which I used very prudently. I might try to incorporate it more into the eating plan. We have several local apiaries here and I do like to support the local folks. And honey is a good for you food - antibiotic properties too I understand. Hope you had a good dry sleep last night.

Hello to the rest of the Worldies who are getting on with their Sundays in one way or another. I think I'll go put a pot of soup on and try to figure out what I'll do with this package of chicken drumsticks I need to use up. Bye for now.

Last edited by happy2bme : 01-05-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: @#(*$#&* typos keep slipping past me
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #35

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not much happening here since yesterday. The weather cleared up eventually yesterday afternoon and I went for a walk and got some goodies to be going on with until I can plan out my menu properly.

Ceejay - that wasn't much of a rant. Good for you for stopping the co-worker on her lecture. Now you have done it once, you can do it again. No need to put up with that.

Susie - I sent you a PM, I will try to find you and Happy and we can feast together.

Happy - Honey, well the following comes to mind:
Lemon honey chicken
Lemon and honey drinks
Honey on toast
Honey cake - might have to get Ruthxxx for that recipe
Honey on anything instead of sugar
Rack of lamb with honey and lavender if you are feeling adventurous and rich.

That's about it, I'd better go do some work
Old 01-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #36

Actually, here is a link that you might like to look at.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_me...pes_with_honey
Old 01-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #37
Some days not so much

Thank you Shad - those recipes look yummy and I don't even have to convert the ingredients measurements! Lemon honey chicken - that sounds interesting as I have some nice juicy lemons, a few bottles of some local honeys and chicken legs I need to use up. I think you just gave me a meal idea - thanks again!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #38

Afternoon all.

Happy - The yoga class sounds good - good sign when the classes book up in advance. I'd like to learn Spanish - all I have is two years in HS and that was a long long time ago, lol. Glad dh is enjoying learning about his new camera. I love the nature photos and hope to see some people photos soon! Hope the rolling procedure has helped with the vertigo - fingers when you test yourself tomorrow.

Ceejay - If it's quitting time, good for you just stopping the lecturing and getting out of there. Only your boss should lecture you - and only if necessary. Good job on getting the hotspot set up. I don't even know what that is...but I think my friend D might have that and uses it for her laptop and her cellphone.

Shad - Glad the weather cleared for you - no more rain infiltrating your space!!! Your hilly walk made me tired, LOL!

Michelle - Hope you had a lovely weekend at the wedding and with family. What you described on FB sounded heavenly.

Susie - I'm one of those that sweats when I do cardio, and if I'm doing it intensely enough to get the benefit, it takes a while for me to cool down, and sometimes I don't even feel cooled down even after my shower! If I wanted to contine with the fitness center at work, I'd have to do it very late in the workday so I could go straight home afterwards. Or do some sort of non-cardio workout. Re the cruise - we're going on a Western Carribean cruise, so let me know if you did anything memorable(in a good way) during your ports-o-call if they match any of ours - Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya. At this point I'm not sure I care much what we do - I just want to get out of this horrible winter weather we're having!! Stay safe traveling in this cold & snow!!

Annie - Congrats re the Colts! Quite the comeback I heard!

===
Yesterday I had an early hair appointment, then stopped at the thrift shop for a browse and bakery for a loaf of rye. My pals came over and we all sat at the dining room table with our laptops/ipads looking at the cruise excursion info and hashing out a tentative plan. We had pizza for lunch.

By the time they left, I had time for a dogwalk and quick shower before getting ready for the 60th birthday party. It once again began to snow, and the roads weren't all that great so I'm glad the party was at a spot relatively close to home. The party was nice enough, but I'm partied out from all the holiday events, so I could have been happy at home curled up with a book. But it was nice to touch base with friends.

I had a lazy morning, then got going on laundry. Still snowing (and now it's blowing), so bf got out to snowblow while I shoveled the wee bit out back. BF got a loaner of some gas for the snowblower from a neighbor, so now that he's done with the snow - for now - he went to buy a gallon to pay back our neighbor.

Gonna figure out something for lunch. Looking forward to Downton Abbey tonight.

Time to post so TTFN!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #39
Some days not so much

Laura - are you and your friends planning off ship excursions? No topless dancing on the beach well if you do what happens in Belize stays in Belize You and I will have to put the squeeze on Shad to drop some hints on this season of Downton Abbey. I have to admit, watching the entire season's shows by renting it from the library - I am now eager to see them all instead of waiting week after week. In fact I was watching a New Year's special hosted by Hoda and Kathie Lee and they said one of 2013 trends was speed watching entire seasons of shows thanks to things like Netflicks as people like me are finding new shows thanks to people like you recommending them. I admit I'm debating about buying the season 4 UK video that comes out the end of the month... stop me, stop me.

It looks like from reports from my cousin that it's really pretty awful out your way. Bad enough snow, bad enough cold but add WIND and oh my oh my. Stay home with that good book!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #40
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks for the mention of Downton Abby tonight. I watched the last episode last week on PBS so I'm ready for more.

Laura
No such luck with the lecture which was at the beginning of my shift. Couldn't go home. I've been a nervous wreck all day and dreading to see her come back tonight. May give her the silent treatment tonight. A trip to Belize sound divine. Are you going soon?

Shad
I didn't want to get into the jest of the lecture so I just stopped. It's in my blog if interested. Those recipes sound good and I have some honey in the cabinet.

Happy
Like your avatar. So far no snow in which I'm thankful but the temperature is dropping like a rock. I'd like to take a yoga class, but I'll keep doing my DVD's.

Susie and Annie
Looks like ya'll are getting more snow. Stay safe and warm.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 AM   #41

Evening all,
Probably a short post since I am trying to get a stack of things done before work tomorrow.
Talking of work - that was a shock to the system to have the alarm clock go off at 5.00am and then get into the work - day just did not seem to end. Just shows you what having 2 weeks off does.

Happy - how did the lemon honey chicken go?? Glad to be of service. I have other recipes for lemon honey chicken that I have used. It usually turns out really good. Hope that one did. My fave recipes are (naturally) in Brisbane.
Good for you signing up for yoga and Spanish lessons. Got to keep the body and the brain moving otherwise something dreadful will befall us all. That's one reason I don't want to retire completely, but I don't want to do this for much longer either, so thinking cap on to find something to keep me occupied and solvent.

Laura - your cruise sounds so nice. You will really be looking forward to that. Wish I was going on it.
Unfortunately the rain will be back tomorrow hopefully the wind won't come with it.

Phew - thought I had lost my post then. But it is still here. Stupid ads.

Susie - I've moved the mattress off the bed and into the spare room where I have my computer. It's a little cramped but I wasn't prepared to have the dripping on the mattress and bedclothes anymore. Bit hard to dry the mattress out. It's not as if I can shove it in the dryer. Haven't heard back from the landlady yet. I sent her a description and some photos so she can see what has happened - no doubt someone will be around to check it out sometime. Unfortunately most Kiwis are on holiday at the moment so I will have to wait it out. We are due for more heavy rain tomorrow. Depending on the wind, I may or may not have more water in the bucket.

Ceejay - hope the weather is kinder down your way than up where Happy is. Far too cold for this hot house flower.

Annie - day off work tomorrow? Must be a heap of snow around for them to shut the office. Have a great day.

Okay - time for some shut eye. Another day tomorrow - no doubt another $ or two. I'm picking up the slack from the others and fixing the problems encountered during training sessions. And there are some who are so busy - wipes brow, sighs, goes back to some game on the computer - that they can't finish what they have on their plates. *sigh*

So I will be back tomorrow sometime with some more riveting news from downunder. Hope you all enjoyed Downton Abbey. Gotta love Maggie Smith.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #42
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I had a wonderful weekend in Southern Cal. My niece made such a beautiful bride and it was great seeing so many family members.

I'll post more tonight after work. Stay warm my Midwestern Worldly Sisters.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #43
Some days not so much

Morning all,

Looks like a bad weather day for just about all of us - even Shad who while she might not be shivering, is dodging rain drops.

Yes Shad, that first alarm clock to go off after having a holiday is quite the shock indeed. Even now I get crusty having to get up early when I need to - sleeping until you naturally wake is one of the greatest joys of retirement. And I'm sure you would no doubt find plenty to do when you retired. They are always looking for volunteer help of any sort, there is the time to learn new things, just think what you could do with the garden, etc. I suppose nothing came of your friend's business idea of setting up a local training shop? Pity you had to rearrange the sleeping quarters. You are right, a wet mattress does not dry easily at all. Helps if there is an overhead ceiling fan but that's about it. I do wish you drier weather. Have not tried the honey lemon chicken - will put that on this week's menu plan - tomorrow at the latest as I remembered I have a turkey breast I need to roast up today. Sighs big sigh - yes, I don't envy you the busy co-workers playing computer games, posting on the internet or looking at Facebook. As I was about to make my exit at work Internet distractions were becoming the norm as smart phones were taking over and people were no longer dependent on the company network and it's restrictions. Everyone with their face buried in their phone....

Ceejay - was your co-worker lecturing you about how YOU should or should not do your job? I think it's time to bring in the iPOD with the noise cancelling headphones. And then look up to her afterwards and pull the earbud out and go, oh sorry - were you talking to ME? and bat your eyelashes Did you catch the season premier of Downton Abbey?

Glad you had a nice time at the wedding Michelle.

Annie - saw on FB that your power is wobbling - I sincerely hope it stabilizes. I would not mind losing power over the summer but am terrified of losing it in the winter, especially in these conditions. Poor Sassy - she is definitely a tropical pup - I imagine those tiny feet freeze up fast, no wonder she does not want to go out. Stay warm!

Poor Laura is dealing with subzero cold, lots of snow and blowing winds. Aak!

Well we are all in the deep freeze here. It's minus 21 or something like that with a bit of a breeze taking us down close to 50 below zero with the wind chill. I am truly glad I can stay inside. It looks as if we can make it to Friday - we are in for quite a warm up and a return to what is more typical season temperatures for this time of year. Would be nice. I am regretting a tiny bit that I volunteered to pick up tomorrow afternoon's shift at the thrift shop. Will be doubly mad if the regular lady who was supposed to have that shift and has not shown up for 2 weeks just up and decides to "show up".

I am pleased to say that it appears that this procedure for fixing the vertigo has worked My head feels just a bit fuzzy but I'm sure that's weather related. I hope those crystals stay where they belong and this "sticks". Now I have lots to do putting away the Christmas stuff.

Yesterday we were prepared for a day at home when my cousin called and asked us if we wanted to meet up for a drink. So we did. Had a burger as I was just about to fix some dinner - had not eaten all day up to that point and both of us were starved. I also had a Bloody Mary drink and boy is the scale complaining today. I think I am going to water flush today and post pone weigh in until tomorrow. I don't expect a loss because I was finishing up some party foods in the house last week but they are all gone now and I have lean poultry and a few fresh veggies to tide me over until I can get to the store later in the week. We got home and I rushed to the tv to catch the opening of Downton Abbey. If I have to grow old, let me be like Dame Maggie Smith

Nothing is getting done with me sitting here so I will get a move on.

Hello to Susie

Stay warm and dry to the rest of you lot.

Last edited by happy2bme : 01-06-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #44

Hello Worldlies! Working from home today, so I didn't have to brave the elements. The office is closed through noon tomorrow. Sure glad I brought home the laptop. I'm working on a PITA project, but it needs to get done. My first time doing this project so I'm making some changes in format to some of the docs, so this is adding some work, but I think my changes are an improvement and will help for the future too.

Happy - It's fun to have a tv marathon when you're catching up on a tv series, but I'm okay with watching DA week by week. (No spoilers please!!) Bf and I never buy movies or tv series dvds - we're not all that likely to be re-watching them enough for us to consider it worth the money. We have Netflix, and we also occasionally get movies from Redbox, and we also get dvds from the library frequently. Great news about the successful vertigo PT treatment!!!

Michelle - Glad to hear you had a nice time at the wedding & seeing family. How's your first day of work going??

Shad - Good idea to move the mattress until the leaking issue is resolved. Otherwise you'd need a tarp and perhaps a bucket?? Rude awakening after two weeks of no alarm clock!!

Ceejay - Too bad you couldn't escape the co-worker, but you'll have to think of some strategies so you don't have to deal with her lectures in the future. Our cruise is the first week of February, or 27 days away - one of my cruisemates is counting down, LOL.

Annie - Sorry to hear your power has been on the blink today - I hope you and Sassy are warm enough today. Poor C being out in this and having to drive!

Hi Susie!!

---
Took down the Christmas decorations yesterday, glad that's done. Also did a good amount of laundry. Took doggy out, but only around 2 blocks.

Coal's backyard potty breaks will be severely limited today, it's waaayy to cold and the snow is too deep. And no dogwalk is planned, maybe a short jaunt out the front door and up and down the block.

Getting a bit stir crazy by now, but I'll have to deal with it.

Okay, back to work now. TTFN.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #45

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone: It is FREZZING here in Ohio. We are officially below zero without that wind and with the wind chill it's like -27 below. AND tonight is going to be worse as tomorrow. They are saying on Wednesday things will start warming up.

I'm thankful that we didn't get the snow they were thinking we might.

Poor Annie--I heard they got a foot of snow and dealing with the temps. It's brutal weather out there.

DH and I made it to work with no issues. We have a one care garage but don't usually park in it. We park one care behind the other in the garage. But tonight we moved one car in to ensure that it will start in the morning. One car is 6 yrs old and one is 1 yr old. I try to drive the 6 yr old car when it is bad weather. If we would have an accident I would rather it be the old car than the new one, but tonight I put the new one in the garage and we will drive it tomorrow.

It was a busy day at work. Everyone was back and the pace has picked up. I left feeling in a good place with what I need to do tomorrow. That is a good feeling. I even did my lunch time workout out. It felt great to know I did it and got it done.

A friend at work sent me a schedule to train for 1/2 a Marathon (walking it--my knees can't take running or jogging, even walking bother one of them a lot but I ice it afterwards). In Cincinnati, they have a marathon called The Flying Pig every May. I am thinking about doing the 1/2. I wouldn't do it for time, but just to finish. I used to do a lot of 5k walks but didn't go any last year and I really missed it. I'm still not real sure but the training schedule starts next week so I need to make a decision.

Annie: I'm happy for your Colts. I wish my Bengals had done better...oh well, there is always next year!

Shad: I got your friend request on MyFitnessPal and I'm also linked up with Happy Now so here we go!

If anyone else wants to join us on MyFitnessPal, let us know!

Happy: When DH goes the store I just give him the list. I plan the meals and he cooks them. We had a Personal Chef until last year. She was a friend who was in chef school and she cooked for us two nights a week. We had leftovers on the nights she didn't cook and then we cooked on the weekend. We shopped for the food but she and I shared recipes and we still use a lot of them, so it's pretty easy to make the lists.

Everyone was always blown away that I had someone cooking for me. I said, why not?! People hire others to watch their kids, to mow the grass, even to landscape so why not. We actually saves money, even with paying her. I paid her a flat fee each month. Before I had her start to cook for us, I kept track for 3 months of how much we spent on groceries and then went out to eat or ran through a drive through because we worked late or we were to tired from work and commuting to cook. Not to mention what I threw out. With her cooking we spent the money, and ate what we bought, had tasty and health meals and had some evening time to ourselves. It was wonderful. She went to be a missionary in Mexico and is running the kitchen there for an orphanage. I haven't found someone else that I trust to come in and out of my house.

I think it is great you are going to take yoga and also Spanish. I have that on my list to do sometime. I took 4 years of it in high school and I can still read it and figure out what it says, but speaking it and listening to a conversation I'm not very good..I've forgotten a lot of it. I think if I took a course it would come back to me.

I hope the vertigo stays away while you are taking down the Christmas things.

Laura: I'm glad you got to work from home today. Will you go in tomorrow at noon?
I told you wrong on our cruise. We actually were in the Eastern Caribbean because there was a hurricane and so they sent us the other way. I wanted to go to Jamaica so badly but we still enjoy our trip. We went out of Miami, we stayed a night there--what a PARTY town! It warmed us up for the boat! lol. We then went to San Juan, then St Thomas, St Martin and Nassau Bahamas. It was a lovely trip and I would go on a cruise again in a minute.

Michelle: Looking forward to hearing the wedding details.

Ceejay: How did things go with the co-worker? It's hard enough to go to work without things like that going on.

Ok..time to go eat. The chili is hot and I'm going to settle down and watch the Bachelor at 8. Is anyone watching it?

See you all tomorrow.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.