3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldlies January - Janus, god of the New Year and good intentions.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #16
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

SHADDIE...What is vegemite?

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #17
Annie - Indiana

Nevermind Shaddie. I looked it up on the internet. It sounds horrid.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #18

Afternoon all. Just got back from a walk with doggy. Snow finally stopped sometime between 2 & 3 pm and the sky was clear and the sun was out. Very deep snow here, over 6 inches fell over the past 24 hours, so well over 10" over the past 3 days. Poor doggy trying to find a "spot" in that deep snow, lol.

Shad - sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and holiday with the family. "Cyclone S." - love it. And what nice photos of S & the beach!! Thanks for posting them. Nice you and M got along well. I generally take more time off during these two weeks at year's end than I did this year, but that's the way the work is coming. Today I was already wanting to stay home, the snow just made it easier to decide. If I'd worked today, I'd have wanted to take Friday off and make it a 3-day weekend. Six of one, half dozen of another. You've been busy since you got home. Are you back to work on Monday? Enjoy the rest of your weekend. PS, I was on a work assignment in the Sydney area in 1994 and of course had to try the vegemite...not my thing. But I did take home a little blister pack home as a souvenir. I understand part of the popularity of it aside from the nutrition was it lasted a long time?? My little packet might still be edible, haha.

Susie - So nice you can ride share w/ your hubby several times per week. Must make the long commute much more pleasant. (BTW, happy belated bday to your dh!) You might have mentioned this already - but do you have a fitness center in your workplace? What type of exercise do you do at lunchtime? My building has a fitness center to which I belong. I gave it a try, but I just don't like to rush so much to fit in the workout and the shower/changing/etc into a lunch hour. I'm tempted to give it a try again - they announced a couple months ago that they would be starting towel service. It would be nice not to have to lug a towel with me along with all the other workout gear.

Annie - Wow, long commute for you this morning. I sure hope your PM commute was quicker!! Not one for cabbage, but I bet the stuffing is something I'd enjoy - what do you make it with? Yeh, NYE was nice. Had 5 people + bf and I to the house for a couple hours before the restaurant party began at 9:30. The restaurant is only 5 min. away, so not a big deal getting there/back. My friend D & her sis stayed overnight by us, the other3 went home and probably had a long drive out to where they live, but it was highway driving, so I believe the road was clearer than the surface streets. It was nice to go out somewhere, but I'm also more than fine with staying home.

Happy - Sounds like a nice seafood feast you had. Bf and I are finishing up the cold shrimp we have left from NYE - our guests didn't eat much of it and I learned at least one doesn't care for it. C'est la vie, more for me, LOL. But if we don't finish it today, it will have to go. Not too much left after eating a good bit of it yesterday, so that's good. I hope the PT can help w/ the vertigo tomorrow. I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering with that. Re the snow - not much manual shoveling - I let bf take care of the major snow removal with the snowblower. I probably will go out and shovel in back - a path from the back door to the garage back door, and alongside the garage where we keep our trash/recycling bins.

Michelle - Saw your new hairdo on fb - looks nice! Starting off the New Year in many new ways - job, home, hair...

Ceejay - Definitely wouldn't like the gunshots to ring in the New Year! Is it your weekend now?? Enjoy!!

---
Nothing much else to report - really couldn't have done less today if I tried. Checked work e-mail a few times, but that was about it other than slothing about - reading a book, a mag, watching TV, watching a DVR'd Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movie (Top Hat), etc. Tried to go through some of my recipe clippings to purge some, but I have a hard time with that. Didn't do it for long, though I did get rid of some.

Back to work tomorrow, and then it'll be the weekend once again. I have a busy Saturday - hair appointment in the AM, then my cruisemates are coming over to discuss our port excursion options for our upcoming cruise. In the evening bf and I have a 60th birthday party to attend at a nearby golf club. Sunday will likely be when I take down the Christmas decorations. Or maybe tomorrow night. Or a little each day.

The scale was not kind to me this morning. I will have to really get back to good eating & exercise routines. Me being at home and at loose ends is not a good thing for me! There's 4+ days before I finally go back to a WW meeting (I totally flubbed with my intention to go to WW mtgs on my own the past two weeks), so I do have time to undo some of the damage.

I mentioned to Susie the fitness center in my office building - thinking about giving that another try, even if it's just to do some sort of short strength training routine. It's been so long I don't recall what type of non-cardio equipment they have there...I'll have to make a visit sometime soon. Timing's not so great - I imagine it'll be busier than usual in the coming weeks.

Okay, enough rambling. Gonna put my boots back on and shovel out back. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705 : 01-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura and Annie
Don't envy all that snow. We got a mere dusting this morning.

Hello to Happy and Susie.

------
This is my week end. I was glad for a day not to have to go into work. It's cold out there. My friend wanted me to go to Memphis with her today for a doctor's appointment. She drove so I went along for the ride. I did get to see some things that I'd forgot about being their.
Other than this I've washed a couple of loads of clothes.
Tomorrow will have to run errands, I'm trying to set up a hot spot to connect to on my desk top. but not sure if this thing from Verizon will work.
I accidently left my cords in Paragould. Ugh I'll see if Walmart will have any to fit the tablet.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #20

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I've put some more photos of little Miss S on the dropbox if you want to go and have a look.

Annie - Vegemite is nicer than it sounds, however it is an acquired taste. DS2 has a minimal amount on the bread and butter - we joke that he's getting better because the it doesn't look like slightly discoloured butter anymore. I love it. I can stick my finger in the jar and just suck on it. Yum
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #21
Annie - Indiana

Sorry SHADDIE, can't do it...wouldn't even think about trying it. Kind of like limburger cheese, no thank you. Nope, not even. Along with sardines and anchovies...barf-O-matic!

LAURA...you really didn't expect to lose weight over the holidays did you? Those two weeks are a total loss of time for me. Just hit the ground running once you go back to WW. You and I both know you can do it.

CEEG...nice to get away for a day even if it is to go to a doc appt with a friend. At least you didn't have to drive.

Hello to the rest of you fine ladies...

Well we are to have a 8-12 inch blizzard on Sunday. Poor Sassy cannot take this cold or snow. Even with shoveling she goes out and just hunkers down and won't go to the bathroom. She has been going potty in her cage during the day...and not at all at night. She has me worried. She is so tiny. It may be time to move to warmer weather. lol

Our expansion is done and several of us are moving over to the connecting suite. I am moving and I am happy about it. It will be more spacious and a LOT quieter. The movers and cubicle/office builders come tonight and we are all supposed to be set up to go by Monday morning. Amen!

That is about it for me today, may come back later and check in.

Have a fabulous Friday..

Hugs

Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #22

Morning all. TGIF!!

Annie - I'd hoped to maintain my weight, which I guess was way too optimistic when you consider I've been totally out of my daily routine and of course eating special holiday meals and goodies. Duh. I will try to return to "normal" - brought my lunch and snacks to work today, and maybe I'll actually eat them today. One recent day I brought soup (in the carton from the store) and forgot a bowl to heat/eat it. Duh. Boo on the snow! We've had quite enough, thanks. And now we're going to get sub-zero temps - aarrgh!! Coal is also not happy doing his thing in the deep snow, but he still manages it. If I thought he would make use of them, I'd dig out some "spots" out back, but several attempts during big snows in the past has shown he doesn't use them. So you'll start the year in a nice new office space for yourself - sounds nice! I had a weird dream the other night in which I was in a cube not much larger than my current one, and I was sharing it with 3 other people!! Weird.

Ceejay - Nice to get out for a bit, and the change of scenery is nice too. I get cabin fever when the weather gets crummy like this. I actually don't mind getting out for the dog walk when I've been inside all day.

Shad - I'll have to go to dropbox and check out those pics of gorgeous S.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!

+++
Not much more to report. I did get out and shovel a bit in back yesterday right at dusk, while bf snowblowed the front. He was worried about running out of gas for the blower, but he didn't.

Went out to eat, nothing special, just a small mom & pop Greek place that has the usual stuff. Bf enjoyed the Athenian chicken, so I suppose we'll be back. I'd like to try their egg-lemon soup, but they have an odd soup schedule, two columns for each day of the week and apparently the soups in each column alternate weeks...how are we supposed to know which week we're on?? I don't want to go on a Saturday and learn it's minestrone instead of egg-lemon. Guess we'd just have to call first. Happy - do you recall a restaurant named Dunton House in Arl. Hts?? Been around a long time (according to the sign).

That's it for me. TTFN!! Everyone have a good Friday/Saturday and a good weekend.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #23

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday!

We ended up with about 5 inches of snow and now it is VERY cold and getting colder next week. brrrrrrr!!

We didn't have a TOPS meeting last night due to the weather. I was disappointed as I thought I might be down. So, I weighed myself at home--and I would have been down about a pound. I wrote the number down so if something happens next week and we don't have a meeting, I can still check on my scale.

I am going to workout today at lunch. My plan today is to do 15 min on the elliptical and then use the Natulis machines for both upper and lower body.

Yesterday I did all cardio on the bike for 30 min. I got in 5 miles on the bike.

Plans for the weeked for us is a funeral on Saturday for DH's Uncle who passed. He was 82. We attend chruch on Sunday's so the rest of the time will be housecleaning, laundry, grocery shopping...just the same old things!

Shadd: Did you get the pumpkin soup made and did you get to the exercise bike?

Laura: Hope your work day goes fast. I brought a different soup today at work. I keep a bowl here at work in case I forget to pack it. I can wash it out so that helps.

The fitness facility I use at work is in the building I work in. I don't shower after the workout out. I just keep baby wipes in my locker and deod/antipersperant and I freshen up after the workout. I only do a 30-45 min workout and I don't drip with sweat so I'm ok with just freshining up.

I also don't go at noon, when everyone else seems to. I can stagger my lunch hour and go whenever. A lot of time I don't go until 2:00 (depending on my calendar--but I do put it on my calendar daily so I remind myself to do it!). Going at 2:00 I only have about 2 hours left to work when I get back to my desk.

Take a stroll today down to your fitness area and see what they have so you can start planning your workouts.

Also, I only work out at work 3 days...maybe 4 if I want to. That gives me some days that I can relax at lunch and actually enjoy what I'm eating or have lunch with friends.

Annie: We are to get my snow on Sunday as well. How fun will it be to go to work in your new space! You will have to let us know how you like it.

Ceejay: My DH and I love Memphis. It is a great sport for us to take a vacation. We both like Elvis--my DH LOVES him, and I love blues so it is a good city for us.

I better get back to work and get somethings done before going to workout. I'm going about 12:30 today..no one is here. Next week it will be back to normal.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #24
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

This will have to be a short post. DH had me download a program on my laptop and it turned out to have an imbedded virus which got stopped but it managed to change the browser and screw up a few things. Rule of thumb - just because it's on CNET with a bunch of positive reviews doesn't make it safe

So I took a lot of time putting Humpty Dumpty back together again and now I have to go get showered up before my physical therapy session.

A couple of years back I had a really bad bout of vertigo - so bad that when I'd try to get out of bed in the morning I'd have to run to the bathroom I was so nauseated from the room spinning - and I'd run tippy because I was all disoriented from the gyroscope in my head. Don't know what caused it, eventually it went away. But it seemed to come back once a year, every year. I blamed it on sinus issues. I did a lot of research and it seemed that there wasn't much they could do about it so I just hung in there, cussed when it came on and suffered with it for a few months. It always comes back but thank goodness the nausea is not there - just that horrible unstableness of the room spinning. Fast forward and I was talking to my relief person at the thrift store and she told me how my physical therapist did his doctorate on vertigo and cured her. We see the same guy. So I thought I'd give it a try. There are crystals in the inner ear that tell the brain you are moving up or town or turning. Those crystals sit on fine hairs and sometimes they get dislodged into another part of the ear. When that happens and they move around, you get that disoriented wave of vertigo. The PT guy will roll me in a 360 move to get the crystals back in place. There is a 30 percent chance they will move again but once you've had the treatment you can sometimes get them back in place yourself. He calls it positional vertigo and said that's why it comes and goes for me - nothing to do with sinus swelling. So we'll see how it goes.

Susie - got your PM will respond to you later - thanks!

Laura - be careful with that snow. I sort of remember the name of that restaurant but nothing more. Hard to believe I've been gone from AH for 9 years already! You know you have me thinking about egg lemon soup now - have some for me - yum yum.

Annie - I just LOVE your new avatar with little man. How adorable. You be careful with the snow too. One advantage to having cats - don't have to clear off outside potty spots Poor Sassy. Does she really sip your Starbucks?

Shad - no vegemite for me thanks - it's an acquired taste but I'll take some of your fine honeys. Loved the pics of the little princess - wish Mum would take some of your advice as she's taking her down a slippery slope on some things.

I have to pop in the shower now. Stay warm kids - we are getting more snow later tonight. Oh boy - and really freezing temps - highs in the negative teens over the weekend with 30 below night temps. Thank goodness we have little to no wind out here. how many calories do you burn shivering and taking on and off 7 layers of clothes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
Do something hard today

I also think it's funny that Shad and I are on opposite sides of the temperature gauge.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #26
gettin' with the plan

A quick post for me. I've been trying to set up a wireless connection for the desk top computer but to no avail. Think I'm missing something.

We're supposed to get the colder weather which I'm not looking forward to but hey it's January.

My tablet will give way via no way to charge the battery. So I may not be around until Sunday.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #27
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I've been away, my friends. I've been trying to get ready for my weekend trip to Southern Cal. You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to pack for overnight...but somehow it is.

I've got to get up and out of the house by 6:30, and drop Santa off at the boarding place, then get back to the airport by 7:30 or so. The airlines are still saying arrive two hours before a flight....but I'm sure if it's 1 hour 45 minutes, I'll still get on.

I'll probably only have my phone with me...though I might take my tablet. Haven't decided. Definitely not taking my laptop as I've got my purse, CPAP machine and small suitcase and I'm only allowed 2 carry-ons, and I don't want to check any bags (don't want anything to get lost). So the CPAP machine will probably have to go in the suitcase.

I'll likely be posting to Facebook as it's easier than posting here via my phone. But I'll try.

My flight home arrives back in San Jose at 6:30, then by the time I get to the car and pick up Santa, I'm hoping to be home by 7:30 or 8, which will give me time to shower and unwind before my first day on the new job.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!!

Much love and many hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 AM   #28

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi ya all,
Flat stack busy today. Exercise this morning was walking up and down some very steep hills in Wellington, then 50 squats. Following that I prepared food for the week, went shopping to get some stuff and found a couple of wandering Americans from San Diego. Once I delivered them to the right place, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a couple of storage containers - this place has little in the way of storage.
Came home to find that in the bad weather one of the windows is leaking and also my bed was wet from a leak in the ceiling. Can't understand that one as there is another apartment above me.
Off with the sheets and into the dryer. Spread the duvet out to dry and then put the cover into the dryer. Mop up the windowsill and go e-mail the landlady. She is getting some one to look at it asap. More wind and rain.
Then I rang Chris (from Japan days) and invited her to lunch tomorrow. Also rang my niece with the new baby and my sister. Haven't yet got round to the exDH. I will but he will get a piece of my mind for some stupid comments on e-mail last week. Well maybe he won't since there isn't much of my mind left to waste on him.
Then I decided I needed some new jeans. So off to town again and got 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of capris. On the way back I found some pretty cotton lounging pyjamas, so they went into the bag as well. Got home only to find I didn't have all of the stuff for my chicken salad tomorrow, so out again to pick up that. Went the long way round thinking I could take a short cut through the carpark down the hill - wrong, only if I managed to climb a 7' fence with razor wire on the top, so back up the hill l to go down the long way.
DS2's birthday today, so I had to talk to him for a while. apparently it has been a real heatwave over there - something like 41C - 109F give or take a bit. Nothing like that here. Then I cooked myself a half chicken breast and had it with salad and a boiled potato. Nice. I also logged into MyFitnessPal since I knew that Susie and Happy were using it and am now logging my food and exercise. Unfortunately I have to add to the food log with the stuff I am eating over here that is not listed so it takes a while. However, the thing tells me that if I carry on as I have today I should lose 3.7kg in 5 weeks.

That gave me a laugh for the day.

So now I am watching a tv program on the Mississippi River which is quite interesting. Done by an Englishman. Bedtime soon. Got to get up and do it all again tomorrow.

Annie - hope the new office works out well. We should be in new digs when I go back to work on Monday too. Poor old Sassy. Would it be better to put a litter tray on the porch or in the laundry or somewhere so she can go in the warm?

Happy - Hope the PT went off okay and you have rolled back into shape. Must be awful to have that sort of vertigo. It's something I only get if I stand up too fast and the blood sugar levels are low.
Yeah temps here have been cool to moderate. Back in Brisbane, they are whinging about the heat - see above. It is supposed to be nicer tomorrow here, but one thing I do know is that I may have lived here once, but there is no way I would come back here to live permanently. There are much warmer and less windy places around.
How wonderful (NOT) that you got a virus from downloading the new program. How careful you have to be these days.
You talking about vegemite and honey reminds me that I have purchased some Rewa Rewa honey and should try it out on toast again. Maybe tomorrow. I also got some stuff from the Northern Territory markets which I intended to bring over this year, but since it doesn't look like I am going anywhere this year, I might have to eat them as well.

Laura - surprisingly I think Vegemite does go off. Although it lasts for a very long time, 10 years might be too much. Most folk don't go for it unless they are raised on it. It's an Aus/ British/ NZ thing. Aus call it vegemite. NZ eats Marmite (although I have always eaten vegemite) and I think the Brits call it Promite. Very similar stuff.
I heard on the news tonight that you are all getting another dose of Arctic weather over the next week. Stay warm and dry.

Susie - I didn't get the pumpkin soup made, but I did have some Kumara and caramelised onion soup. There is still a bit of that left and then I have some seafood chowder for work next week.
Good going on the bike and the elliptical. I'm afraid I sweat furiously when I exercise - even in cool temps on Wellingtons hills this morning I was sweating pretty well, but then I don't go slow and push myself to the limits. We have some very steep hills in Wellington. It is much like San Francisco in that respect. There is one road where in days gone by, when we had milk trucks that delivered milk to the houses, where the trucks used to have to back up the street because they didn't have enough low gear ratios to make it up forwards. I actually walked that street today. It's tough and there isn't much puff left at the top.
Sorry to hear about the death in the family. It's not easy when they start getting old. Now I am getting old. The family seem to think I am anyway. I don't feel a lot older than I did at 40 and I am certainly a lot fitter than I was then, only fatter.
Last time I was in the States, Happy and I went to Gracelands on a tour. It was an amazing experience and we were very naughty in the gift shop. It is so over the top, I think we just lost the plot.

Hi Ceejay - hope you get that tablet up and running.

Michelle - have a great weekend.

Anyway, it's about my bedtime. Last night I had an amazing sleep. I am hoping for the same tonight. Woke up wanting to get things done this morning. Yeehaa for energy returned.

Last edited by Shad : 01-04-2014 at 04:36 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #29
gettin' with the plan

Don't know exactly how I did this but I have my computer hooked up to wi fi. I have the hot spot from Verizon.
Made a burnt run to Blytheville this morning looking for a charger for the tablet no such luck, but I did buy a game to put on this computer. And lunch at Burger King. I definitely need to exercise today.
For some reason I'm not as freaked out over this storm system that's moving in tomorrow like I was the last one in December. I may when I have to drive in the stuff--The weather people are predicting 1-3 inches of snow.
_________
Michelle
Have a fun and safe trip to southern CA.

Laura
I did maintain over the holiday. now to get back into the swing of things.

Susie
Wow 5 inches of snow! Not looking forward to winter precipitation at all.

Annie
Glad you got into the new office area.

Hi Happy
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #30
Do something hard today

Morning to you all,

Had my rolling procedure yesterday - we'll see if it works. He said I definitely had positional vertigo and to avoid all movements which bring on the vertigo feeling so for the next 2 days I should avoid all opportunities to bend down or look upwards. Not supposed to lay flat either - lucky for me I can elevate the head or foot part of the bed. That pretty much takes care of taking the Christmas tree down which was my plan. DH said that's ok - it's still in good shape - ie. not a dry fire hazard losing needles. I suppose I could go round the mid section of the tree and remove those ornaments. I also picked up some extra postage stamps as the rates are going up 3 cents a stamp the end of the month. I didn't do a whole lot of anything yesterday - read a few chapters in a book, watched a movie on TV and did some writing.

I will admit, I am probably not starting the dieting until Monday. I am getting rid of some things in the house left over from the holidays - cheeses, seafood and such. Nothing that is totally sinful, just the occasional things you have that are not necessarily plan friendly. And it would be too wasteful to flat out chuck the stuff in the trash. I am paying close attention to the fact that although I think - keyword THINK some of this is lovely, when I do eat it I either feel guilty or get a flash or heartburn. And having to keep my head stable also somewhat limits my exercise for the moment. I am doing extra stairs at home but it is a challenge to do my physical therapy exercises which I need to do right now for my back, knees and neck. Monday I should be good as new. He said I might have a bit of residual fuzziness simply because I have been dealing with it for so long the body gets used to certain things and they don't just end abruptly. But if this works I should know by Monday. If it doesn't he can do a second treatment and give me some exercises to move the crystals back but the rolling treatment works the best and the fastest. So I'm hopeful.

DH got a new camera with a super zoom lens on it. A bit pricey but I told him why not. We have done nicely in our investments this year - I mean he who manages our money has done so - and he had more than enough to cover the camera so I said why not? As long as we have enough to cover bills, reinvest and save some - use the extra. He really loves the outdoors and the animals - it's his saving grace. And he just told me that he is getting chest rumbles again so I pray to God that it's just old age and nothing to do with his heart. His blood pressure and vitals are good and strong. Anyway I also said that it is good for him to learn things and stretch his brain which he will have to do for taking pictures. He got another Canon camera as he likes that brand but will have to learn a lot with this new lens. I also told him he should learn how to take people pictures - he is mostly scenery. I have learned there is an art to shooting animals, people and scenery. He's good at scenery - now learn some new things. I think I convinced him when I reminded him that as we learn new things we develop our "eye" to see things - we look to the heavens and see a lot more in the stars now that we know what to look for and we also see things in the trees - birds and animals and such - because our eyes are sharper looking for stuff. Said you need to develop that eye for people too. I guess this also gives me good incentive to lose weight as I will probably be his model and it makes me sad to see myself in pictures at this moment. So he can learn and I can be motivated and we both win!

I apologize for rambling so much about me.

Shad - you certainly have been one busy lady. Sorry to hear about the leaky ceiling - sometimes if there's a hole in the outside wall or the mortar has come loose if the rain blows sideways it can get in between the ceiling boards and rain down on you - we had that happen in one of our apartments - made me crazy as I could not figure out how in the heck the bed got wet. At least the mattress didn't get soggy. So is it too cool for your liking in NZ now? 109 degree temps would be equally uncomfortable. It's supposed to get to -38 below zero air temps tomorrow night. There is an artic blast that will affect all of us Stateside Worldlies so we will be shivering in unison. Would love a bit of your Brissy heat. I do agree with you comment about having to add food to MyFitnessPay - I am doing the same because while I find the foods, the calorie counts have been added according to portions using grams as opposed to my measurements of cups, spoons and pieces. It's pain at first but gets easier I suppose as time goes on, especially if we add the same foods over and over. I guess we will have to link up with each other on that site. I did go under my calories one day and saw that same message about "if you keep this up you will be a stick bug in slightly under 4 years" How nice that you get to see your friend Chris again - I had a giggle the last time you mentioned sitting and speaking Japinglish with her So are you maybe having to put off travelling over to this side for another year? My cousin Stash will be disappointed. I think you will like this area the best of all which is good because I'm not moving anymore Do you still keep in touch with your friend in Arizona?

Michelle - have a good time at the wedding. Yes, packing with just a carryon is a pain but for only a day and a half trip, you should be able to do it.

Ceejay - I hope you are not working this weekend as I'm sure it must be cold in the plant. Did you get your wireless connection working?

Susie - funny that you mention Memphis and you like the blues. My husband LOVES the blues and we moved here from Memphis. Lived there for 8 years. You are really going gangbusters on the exercise. Good for you!

Poor Coal and Sassy - I'm sure they are not going to be liking the cold that's coming this weekend. Annie and Laura will have to make them doggie blankets.

Annie - I hope you didn't get stuck working very late last night. Are you all moved in? Will be nice to have a quieter work space.

Laura - are you getting more snow too? Have a nice night with your cruise planning tonight. Will be nice to think about fun and warm weather instead of shoveling snow.

I'm going to try and make some crock pot chili - have a taste for chili for some reason. And I'm sure there are some house things I can do without too much head movement so everyone have a good weekend and stay warm and dry!

Last edited by happy2bme : 01-04-2014 at 07:25 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.