Steel Magnolias #68

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning gals. Not too bad on the cold front this morning. We have the furnace set at 70 and it hasn't kicked on much this morning. It is supposed to be in the 50's today which is fine with me. Jack rubs it in though as he sits and looks at the weather at the ship's ports, which are in the 80's even this time of year.

Today is bowl game overload so I gave up watching my Law and Order marathon so he could watch the bowl games. I am getting my sweater done this way. I am almost up to the neckline on the back, which is great. I saw a beautiful free pattern for a cowl on FB and printed it out and ordered a skein of yarn from the lady that does the patterns and dyes her own yarn. The cowl only takes one hank and the hank is $12 so not so bad. I thought it would great with jeans and a tshirt or even jeans, tshirt and a jacket. I don't have blue jean jacket, but I might buy one just to wear with the cowl.

I am going to make a school friend a hat. She wanted to know what I would charge and I told her if she didn't spread it around, I would make the hat for free if she would buy the yarn and pay for it to be shipped to me. She was thrilled. I guess I could have charged her for it, but darn it, the yarn is inexpensive but my time isn't and who wants to pay $20 for a hat you can get in the store for $5 or less on sale just because it was handmade instead. Besides, a hat is a really quick knit so it doesn't take a lot of my time, about a day to make one.

I have chicken in the crockpot and we are having chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight. I was going to put that ham on that Jack was given by the electical contractor, but Jack wanted chicken and dumplings so that's what we are going to have.

Jean: OMG, glad he didn't get hauled off to jail. Of course you had the receipt, but still it is kind of funny. Unfortunately it isn't funny to have to drive all that way back to just have them take the tag off. Too bad there isn't someplace in town you could go and ask them to take it off if you showed that you had paid for it in another store. Oooh, I don't envy you with temps like that. Guess that is why I live down here now. Kelly keeps trying to get us to book an Alaskan cruise and I keep telling her, I am not interested in taking a vacation where it is not tropical. If I want to look at whales I will go to Hawaii and dolphins I can see following the ship. We saw a couple last cruise. As for mountains and such, eh, I don't really care. Is this your Hawaii year??? I thought you said you were going to stay somewhere different the next time you went. I wonder what is in nail polish that she is allergic to. I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

Well gals, gonna go check the chicken to see if it is done so I can debone it and put it back in the crockpot. Have a great new year's day all! Faye

• Good morning girls. It rained all night last night, but the temps were in the 40's so no snow or ice, etc. Jack still had to drive with the nuts on the road that drive 85 on the interstate on wet roads, but he is careful and I have talked with him by text at work so I know he made it.

I sat and paid bills this morning including our car tags so we are legal for another year. We pay $108 a year and they have closed all the city inspection stations so we don't have to sit through that. It has to do with city/county and county never has had to do inspections, which is like the area my daughter lives in and other suburban areas, but city residents did because of air quality. Now how the air is ok in shelby county cities right next to us and we are part of shelby county, but city air is bad, who knows, but they have closed all the inspection stations. Unlike Virginia though, our inspections were only air quality stuff and lights and stuff and I know at least it used to be they checked your brakes and everything. I think you also have to pay a fee because it is done through gas stations and such, right, Susan???

I have to call the scheduling number at the clinic because it has been a week and no referral call back. I am giving them until Monday or Tues of next week after I call today then I am going to call the scheduling nurse for Dr Lipscomb and see if I can get it that way because my appt is the 21st with him for the hysterectomy surgery appt. I wish these people would do their jobs like they expect us to come to the drs.

I have to keep the car tomorrow and pick up my films, then Saturday I have a hair appt. Sunday is commissary day and it is supposed to rain all day here. Always fun to get groceries in the rain.

The back of my sweater is coming along fine. I have done armhole decreases and bind offs and will be at the neckline soon to put it in. I can then cast on and start the front. That's the bad part of a sweater, you get the back knitted then you have front and most times arms to knit before you can put it together.

Hope you gals aren't freezing to death where you are! Have a good Thursday!! Faye
  • Titilating Thursday
    GOOD JANUARY MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It snowed some yesterday but none expected today. The high today is expected to reach 44°s with a low of 16°. Will has gone to a small town a few miles from here to do a funeral service this morning and will be home after lunch time. He is doing the funeral as a favor for a co-worker at the “first call” place Will is a volunteer for.

I got a couple recipe booklets yesterday that are the magazine type. One is from BH & Gardens Eat Well – Lose Weight and the other from Cooking Light Comfort Food Favorites . I’ll have fun going through them for they both have some yummy looking recopies in them.

I ordered the Weight Watchers® Digital Glass Weight Scale by Conair yesterday and when It comes it will live in the motor home. When we are out and about I do need a good scale to weigh on when my weigh day arrives in the week. The one we use here in the house is the upright doctor’s scale by Health-O-Meter and it is quite heavy. When the WW one arrives I can see just how accurate it is for my upright one is very accurate. When the weather turns to spring it will be fun to outfit the MH with some of the items we have already purchased to go in it. We need to get new batteries for it before taking it anywhere. It has a battery for the engine and others for the coach. We are going to replace them all to be safe for the existing ones look like they have been in there for a long while but we will wait until spring to replace them. We aren’t sure just yet if we are going to do any remodeling inside soon. I eventually want to yank up that wall to wall carpeting and put down wood like flooring but the carpet looks like new right now. Everything is so clean & new looing in the MH.

Sounds like you gals have been busy with daily going-ons.

Have a great day my cyber friends.
    Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up (a saying by Winston Churchill)
  • Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's warmed up to 1 degree from -9 this morning. I went to have my nails done first thing this morning, stopped to pick up a prescription, and am staying home the rest of the day. Christmas is back in the basement closet except for the front door wreath, which we both forgot. Today seems like Monday since yesterday was the holiday.

"Gma" -- Bob had football on all day yesterday too. I did watch bits and pieces of the Iowa game just because I was working on the afghan right close to the tv. It's nice of you to make the hat for your friend. No one could afford hand made items if they had to pay for the labor by the hour. The last time we went to Maui we rented a condo for a few days before we went to the time share resort. We have dumped the time share so are spending the whole time in the condo. I know I will miss the resort although every time we went they had decreased the amount of owner perks. When we take the kids back, I'd love to stay there again since the pool is huge and that's where the kids like to play. The yarn is very pretty! I've never seen yarn in a "wad" like that!

Maggie -- Please keep your snow! However, we really need moisture and Bob was saying the farmers are talking about a wet spring. They are never happy no matter what the weather is like. I know you will enjoy your new recipe booklets. The man, whose funeral we just attended, was known for his candy that he made every Christmas. He worked for a company that made paperback cookbooks, around Christmas time each year, of donated recipes. I plan to go through them and see if any of his recipes are there. I had forgotten all about his candy until it was mentioned during the service.

I came upstairs to put some laundry away. I really should vacuum the livingroom and kitchen area while the sun is shining and I can see all the dust and crumbs. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Good morning gals. It is here this morning around 20 degrees and don't know wind chill. I imagine all of us are going to be cold by the weekend as there is an artic blast dipping down and we are going to get snow on Sunday. UGH! That is commissary day and I hate going out when I could slip and fall. I have a hair appt tomorrow that takes like 3 hours so can't go tomorrow. Jack will just have to deal with driving in the snow and dealing with the nuts out there I guess.

I am having a whole wheat bagel and my grapefruit for breakfast this morning with the lower fat olive oil margarine on it. I actually could have had one of my cream cheeses for the same pts, but I went with the margarine this morning.

I got my last issue of Knitting magazine that Kelly bought me for my birthday last year. It has some really great patterns in it and I bought yarn for this great long cowl that you wear doubled. I got the cheaper acryllic yarn instead of the higher cost silk yarn they recommended. The acryllic I buy is nice and soft and wears well and since it isn't something like a sweater no need to get a more expensive yarn. It will be fun. It is called a sand stitch, which I have never done and I bought a fun combination. It has 4 sections of stripes then repeats. I haven't decided how I am going to stripe it yet. They used totally different colors, but I liked this combo. I spent about an hour downloading pics of the yarn and then moving them next to each other in my picture file to see what would go together but be fun. This is what I came up with. I now have several projects to keep my busy until vacation time.

Jean: I had to laugh when you said you had never seen yarn in a "wad" like that before. Pretty much all hand dyed and expensive yarn in done this way. It is actually called a hank rather than a skein. Hanks have to be wound a whole lot different or they will knot up. I had to throw a whole skein of lace yarn away a few years ago because I didn't know how to wind it and knotted it up so badly I couldn't get it straightened out. Jack is my "holder" like in the old days or if I am alone, I put it over the back of the old computer chair and wind it off that. Hanks are tied together and when you untwist them they form an oval, which you then have to wind from the oval so you have to either have a professional winder, which cost around $80 or use a free method, your husband's hands! We are going to go to a different resort as an excursion this year. The jamaican one has raised their prices by $20 per person so we went with something very similar in Cozumel instead. That is the only excursion we are doing for the cruise this year. We did upgrade to a balcony cabin so we shall see about that. I know I am going to have to make sure I take those pills or the curtains to the balcony would have to stay closed all the time!

Maggie: Sounds like you have some great little pamphlets to use. I use my old Fanny Farmer cookbook a lot still. It has great recipes in it of all kinds. It is worn out so much the spine broke a few years ago. I especially like their noodle making recipe. I used it for my dumplings the other night and Jack just raved about them. I did tell him I think I will cut down on the salt a bit as I found the chicken and dumplings to be a little salty, but he didn't think so, which is unusual as he doesn't use salt.

Well gals, I need to get going for the day. Have to go over to the women's center and pick up those films this morning. Still haven't gotten a call from the referral office even though the patient services gal said she was going to take and put a personal message on her desk and send it through the system again. Have a great weekend and keep warm and dry if you can. Faye

• Good Morning, Flowers! It's 5 degrees ABOVE 0 this morning and the sun is trying to peek through the clouds. The wind is blowing so I know it is going to be cold outside. Plan for the day is to clear off all the excess from the counters, find a spot to store my new small crock pot, and then work in the living room. I have craft club here the 16th so need to do some deeper cleaning before then. I should make a grocery run later this morning.

"Gma" -- I got an email some time ago about margarine vs butter, and the gist of it is that margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. Supposedly if you let margarine sit out the flies won't even land on it. I was going to try that and see if that's true but kind of forgot about it. You can tell I am not yarn knowledgeable! I buy inexpensive yarn for the afghans. I like the colors you picked out and will be anxious to see the finished cowl. Bob has helped me wind yarn a time or two. However, the cats like the balls and think they are for them so I try not to do that. Good luck with the referral! A lady from our church has been waiting for three weeks for insurance approval on a new drug for a skin problem. She and her husband moved here from Omaha; he was raised here but their relatives all live in Omaha and they doctor in Omaha. That's a two and a half hour drive from here on a good day, over hill and dale back roads. Not my idea of a smart move.

I am dressed and heading downstairs to get busy. The OTC med and prescription from the dermatologist have made the world of difference in my face, almost overnight. I wore make up yesterday; didn't follow his advice about adding one item at a time. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday!
  • Fabulous Friday
    GOOD JANUARY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is in the 40° area here today with snow predicted for tomorrow. The snow we have is slowly melting away. I would much prefer rain.

I just got in from going out to lunch with Will and the group he works with at the museum. Big mistake. Now they say I have to be there each week when they go out to gather. The place to eat was great plus I get along famously with those folks so no doubt I will be there with them each week.

I picked up my “Eat Out” & “Shop” WW booklets today from the place I had them spiral bound. It sure makes it easier to look things up when they are spiral bound. I plan on using them more than in the past for now they will be handy and open better. I have been going through all of my WW material and making it better to be more user friendly.

My desk is getting a cluttered look once again so I need to tackle it after while the animals are all snoozing and not nosing into what I am doing. Especially Cecil ~ the “I have to know what is going on and I know you need my help” cat. He must have heard me type his name for he just appeared.

DONNA FAYE What beautiful shades of yarn. I know what you make will be gorgeous. We don't eat margarine but stick with butter which doesn't have all those chemicals in it which makes margarine one molecule away from being plastic. Only a little butter gives great taste and you don't have to use much. We had a nice wonderful doctor in Oregon that had strong opinions on "natural" products. Some of what I do to this day was told to me by some of my doctors through the years and kept me healthy for a fat person.

JEAN That is great that your rash is gone. If inexpensive yarn holds up why not use it is my motto. They make such pretty yarn that doesn't cost an arm and a leg anymore. I am thinking of starting to knit myself an Arian sweater with cables in it in natural color yarn in the size I want to be when I reach goal. Yep I think I will research that in a bit. I made one once before years past and know I can do it for it turned out gorgeous. I do have all my needles and such still with my sewing things.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up (a saying by Winston Churchill)
  • Good Morning, Flowers! The wind is blowing, it's cloudy, and gloomy in my neighborhood this morning. The temperature (now 12 degrees) is supposed to drop throughout the day and be frigid tonight. Bob ushers the month of January so I'm betting the church will be cold tomorrow and not many there. I need to go to the grocery store this morning and have been putting it off. The store is on the edge of a corn field and so the parking lot has no protection from the wind. Other than that I plan to work on the afghan some more, and finish a couple more loads of laundry. I really need to sort through doll stuff in the basement!

Maggie -- I think I have forgotten what 40 degrees might feel like. How fun to have a lunch date each week with the museum group! Have fun planning a new sweater to knit.

Hope to see all of you sometime today! I'm off to the grocery store. Have a super Saturday and enjoy!
  • Good afternoon all. Today was hair day so I didn't get time to get in here. She changed up the color a bit doing a more golden red streaks instead of the blonde. I told her when the blonde started to fade it made it look like I had chunks of gray hair and she did a beautiful job. I just love it. Very noisy in the salon studio today as they have hired 6-7 more stylists and it was very busy in there today.

Tomorrow is commissary day and it is supposed to be frigidly cold here and snow so am not looking forward to that. I did Jack a favor and went by the ATM and the gas station so he doesn't have stand and pump gas in the morning nor roll down his window to get money out of the atm.

I got my yarn for my first cowl today and finished the back of my sweater so am going to start the cowl and put the front of the sweater on needles. I will have two things I can knit now back and forth so I don't get bored.

Jack is snoozing at the moment. I did up the dishes and have a load of laundry in the dryer. I am going to sit and make a menu and a grocery list in a little while but for now will just sit quietly and knit until he wakes up.

Maggie: Glad you enjoyed your lunch. I grabbed a small burger from Micky D's on the way home from the salon so I wouldn't get shaky as I had breakfast really early and didn't get out of there until afternoon. I had fun picking out the 4 colors of yarn for this large cowl/scarf. The original pattern had pinks and greens and I wanted something a bit more fun.

Jean: I read something on FB about margarine and turkeys. I don't use a lot and do prefer butter, but the olive oil is good for me too so I guess I will stick to it. We are thinking of skipping a year for a cruise then taking a week cruise and spending a couple days in Orlando on the way back. They have a military resort on the Disney property, but I am not sure we will use it or not if we ever go. They have Embassy Suites all around there and the prices are very decent and we like ES a lot so who knows. That a couple years off yet.

Well girls, hope the day is going well for you. Will talk to later. Keep warm! Faye
  • Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's COLD outside! Wind chill is -25 in case you were wondering. We've been to church and the pastor said quite a few of the 8:30 regulars came to the Saturday service so they wouldn't have to come out this morning. We had more than I thought we would and Bob was the only usher to show up. A couple other guys offered to help direct the communion lines which helped him.

"Gma" -- Hope the trip to the commissary was a "dry" one! I thought sure you would be planning a trip back to Vegas at some point. Embassy Suites is what our Maui time share was when we bought into it in '06. We really liked it and then it was sold the next year. Now it is Diamond Resorts which has been on Undercover Boss twice.

I have dinner in the oven and need to put yesterday's wash load in the dryer. Hope you all enjoy a relaxing day and keep warm!
  • Sunny Cold Sunday
    GOOD JANUARY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

The weather was a nice -5 when I walked over to the church building this morning and it has warmed up to 14 now. We had pot-luck today and I only ate a couple bites of white meat chicken and some veggies and fruit so not enough to be real meal at all but all I wanted. We will be going out someplace to eat where we have a Christmas gift card to eat tonight. I do hope my scale shows me down some at tomorrows weigh in.

A few days ago we made an order and it came quickly. Since we go out and about we needed a good way to get water safe to drink from a stream or similar body of water since there are bad things lurking in most of them. We got what is called LifeStraw® which is 1”x8” with a screen at the bottom and a sip place at the top with caps to cover each end. It filters water quickly and easily. The product requires no batteries or replacement parts, and filters up to 1,000 liters of water over its lifetime. It can be used to drink directly from an open body of water or a container, like a bottle or a glass. Its lightweight and slender design makes it perfect for hiking, traveling and camping in areas where water may be unsafe to drink due to contamination by bacteria or parasites. Since it is so small and lightweight it is perfect to keep in our “go” back pack bags. You can survive lots of things but can’t go many days without water to drink. We like to be as prepared as can be when out and about in “strange” places in our Jeep. Like the Scout motto ~ “Be Prepared.” There is a whole long list of things it filters out but I won’t regale you with that list. I hope I never have to use it but it is sure nice to have just in case.

DONNA FAYE I am going to have fun looking for the Arian sweater I want to make for me when I reach goal. It will be fun working something first to get back into the swing of it. That sweater I knitted had quite an intricate cable system in it but if I did it once I know I can do it again. It has been quite a few years since I have knitted anything. I just had learned how to knit so I could make that sweater. There are so many nice "help" booklets out there now days.

JEAN Sounds like that time share condo changes hands as much as some folks change their sox. Hopefully the amenities are as good as when you first bought in years back.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up (a saying by Winston Churchill)[/b][/i]
  • Good morning to you all. It is cold here and we did get rain through early afternoon, at times pretty hard, but the wind was blowing so much that when the rain stopped it pretty much dried everything up. We never got a flake of snow and it originally said we were supposed to get all night snow. I know most of you probably have snow again, but am thankful we don't have any. Jack did put out deicer on the deck and down the side of the garage to the mailbox so deliveries I am expecting can be made today.

I have the cowl almost completely done already. I have about 5-6 rows to do and then can bind off. It is a reversible cowl so it will be fun to wear. I will then put the front of my sweater on the needles and go back to working on it until I get the yarn for the big cowl or the yarn for the hat for my friend.

My friend who wants the hat is snowed in big time in Indiana. She said this morning the snow in her driveway is waist high! Alicia posted a picture of Jay shoveling snow for the third time yesterday and here is Jackson out having fun in the snow. He was with Alicia's sister and bil I believe.

I have my last laundry in the dryer, the dishes washed, breakfast eaten and will start tackling housecleaning in a bit. We are going to have tenderloin steak for dinner and Jack will have a baked potato. If I eat any it will be a half, but I have a serving of leftover cauliflower I might eat instead.

Jean: The commissary was quiet yesterday and I expected it to be full with people afraid snow was coming. The sameo is back with checkout cashiers though. We had to stand in line. We talked about going back to Vegas but decided it was too expensive. If we drive, it is a 3 days drive out there and back and if we fly, it is so expensive with all the fees and we would have to buy all new luggage because ours is oversized. On top of that, renting a car is 3 times what it used to be. Several years ago, they started charging monumental city, county, etc government fees because Vegas has huge unemployment and money problems. We rented a car for about $150 for a week last time we were there and the same sized car is nearly $600 now. So, we will just keep cruising and enjoying that for the time being.

Maggie: Sounds like it was cold to even walk the few feet to the church. I need to make something with cables. It is one of the few things I haven't tried knitting even though I have a cable needle. I just really like doing lace style patterns.

Well gals, it is cold sitting here next to the window so will say TTFN. Have a great start to your week. Hoping we have the best weight loss year ever this year. Faye

• Good Morning, Flowers! Another frigid, windy, sunny morning in my corner of the world. I went to church to count, only to find out the secretary supposedly got the flu during the night and wasn't coming in. She did send me a text but when my phone is buried in my purse I don't always hear it. So I picked up the gift shop money and have that to count and deposit. I put my cat Nativity set away on my way through the living room so Christmas really is put away for another year. Just got our June confirmation date for the annual MN fishing trip. I told Bob I didn't think I got much bang for my buck on this one since I still make the bed and cook meals.

Maggie -- Since when is -5 "nice?" It's -17 right now so I suppose -5 would be an improvement, sort of. Your on-the-go water filter sounds interesting. We aren't going back to the Maui resort this time, but staying in a condo. We can stay there for two weeks for what one week at the resort would cost us.

"Gma" -- We haven't gotten any new snow, and there is none in the forecast for the next few days. We are hoping what little snow we have will be enough to keep water pipes from freezing. Our luggage is big, and we try to watch the weight. Sometimes they will let it pass if it's just a pound or two, but we've gotten charged the $25 extra too. Like Bob says, he's not going to dig through luggage and try to sort stuff while standing in line. We have seen people do that; I rarely have any extra room in my carry-on as it is. Jackson sure has gotten tall!

I need to round up my gift shop materials and head back downstairs to count money and record. Enjoy a marvelous Monday and be glad that you woke up this morning!
  • Good morning all. I imagine we are all this morning. It is 5 degrees here at the moment and we are supposed to get ice tomorrow night from low temps and rain, but then we will start climbing and by the weekend be back in the 50's and stay there all week next week with sunny skies, which will be nice.

I finished my cowl and put the front of the sweater on needles so imagine that is what I will work on today. This is the sand stitch side and the other side looks like ribbing. You can wear it blue side top with sand stitch, blue side bottom with sand stitch or tan side up with either. It hasn't been blocked so will wash it today and block it which should make it a bit longer. I thought the yarn might be a bit scratchy but it doesn't seem to be now that it is finished.

I talked to my best friend yesterday and she finally got hired at Marshalls, but only part time and it was seasonal. She says she does think they are going to keep her on though as she has been scheduled to work in January and she said the manager ask if she liked it and told her the other employees liked her. She is a sweetheart so what's not to like? She is the one I made the purple scarf and hat for her birthday. She could use it right now as yesterday their afternoon temps were -16 regular temps and about -30 wind chill. They have about 2 ft of snow too. Jackson is loving it as he is off school and there is enough snow to go out and have fun in. I posted this pic on my FB page, but it is so cute I'll post it here. I said I thought he looked like one of those wrestling guys with the missing tooth and the ski mask on.

Finally got a call yesterday from the referral nurse and she is back dating referrals for the pharmacy and gyn appts that Tricare billed as non network. She also did a referral for future gyn appts and she said if I needed to see the pharmacy group to call her for an appt since they are not medical drs and she can follow through with Tricare so I don't get charged again. So, all that is fixed and I can get these surgical things going now I hope. Sure would be nice if the breast biopsy could be done the 20th as Jack is off that day.

Jean: I agree with you. If you have to clean up a bunch of stuff and cook it isn't much of an enjoyable trip. We considered doing a combo cruise and a couple days at Disney and Universal studio until we checked ticket prices. We decided for us it would be a waste of money as a lot of the rides Jack wouldn't be able to go on because of his heart condition and there is a ton of walking, which may keep us seeing a huge amount of the stuff. So that idea went out the window. We are going to book on the cruise this year for next year and go on one of their smaller ships that does mostly Mexican ports of call. It is a lot cheaper so we are going to splurge and get a grand suite we think. Who knows? We will cross that ship when we come to it! If we would go to Hawaii we would go to Waikaki beach as there is a military resort there so it is much, much cheaper. It is right on the beach too and you can't beat that, but I doubt we would every go to Hawaii with the way airline prices are and all the extras and restrictions.

Well off to start my day. Have a good one and try and keep warm. Faye

• Tuesday
    GOOD AFTERNOON IN JANUARY MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is currently 39°s with the expected high to be 46° this chilly winter day so we will deal with it as it comes. I slept in and if felt so good and cozy. I am down a pound since this is my weigh day I remembered to get on the scale yesterday. Will is down also so what we did this past week did work. I am going to figure out my menu for a few days this afternoon sometime. I like to do the shopping for the items I may not have and make certain they are here in the house when the time comes to cook a meal.

Will bought a label maker today so we can label the containers we are getting to put in the basement of the motor home. It will help to know generally what is in a container before dragging it out to get something, especially his tools. We plan on getting those containers that lids lock down nice and tight to keep any critters out. It will be a good system for those type things that aren’t used often but are necessary to have. It sure will be nice when spring comes and we can do what we want to that motor home before taking a trip.

JEAN Sounds like the condo is a much better deal if you get 2 weeks. That should be more relaxing then just one week for time passes so quickly. Sounds like they are taking a chef, cook, and bottle washer & maid all in one to the hunting shack ~ namely you. If you went fishing also then all that were there would have to share in the work. I had an aunt once that went hunting with the men and she stayed in camp and made the meals and shot the deer also. The men tramping around in the forest caused the dear to run to the camp area and she was ready for them. She shot 4 last time they were all up there and none of the men shot any.

DONNA FAYE That is nice that all your medical stuff is getting straightened out and then you can go on from this point. That picture is a hoot ~ what a kid. Don't you just love it when they are having fun playing in the snow. No matter where you end up going for your vacation it will be a nice "get away" time. Things are getting so expensive so you gotta go where you get more bang for the buck.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up