Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 05:21 AM   #16  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
It's Tues. Planned my meals and snacks yesterday and have had a much better day.

B- 1/2 c non fat cott cheese w/ pineapple
s-2 celery sticks w/ lo fat cream chees
l-salad w/5 slices of turkey
s- 1 1/2 in. wedge of lo cal cheese
D- BBQ beans cole slow( 1 ww roll couldn't say no)
s no added sugar lo fat klondike bar
2 1/ 2 bottle water

Spent the day in the bathroom , can we say retaining??

Plan to buy a new scale, as teh other one is 20 + years old,

Had to do a little self talk yesterday as I went by baskets of candy.
Thurs night I will be baking a cake for work Friday.

I am thinking about going to the gym. WHo would have thought.

How are the rest of you doing??
Old 07-23-2003, 04:48 AM   #17  
Work in Progress

Well Tues was OK

b- 2 egg whites w/ mott cheese
l 2 hot dogd(no rolls) cole slaw
d angel hair pasta w sause a 2 meat balls
s- 1/2 c non fat cott cheese
s klondike bar like yesterday
2 bottle water

I can feel the energy level pick up again
Still thinking about the gym
Old 07-24-2003, 05:56 AM   #18  
Work in Progress

Weds. had a couple of slips

b NF SF cott cheese
l salad w/ turkey
Oatmeal cookie(I ratianlized it by the oatmeal beaing complex carbs)
d- anothe salad
Popcorn( Can we say PMS?)
water 2 bottles

Have to admit that it was poor sleep and stress that were my downfalls yesterday. Slept better last night Looking forward to a btter day today
Old 07-25-2003, 05:42 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

Thurs
b NFSF cott cheese
s lo fat cheese
l chef salad
s lo fat cheese
dinner chicken wings
3 bottles of water

Oh I made that cake and licked the knife. Today will be tough
Old 07-25-2003, 01:34 PM   #20  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

It's like you are doing good Pat. I have had a few slides here and there myself. It's that darn carb craving that gets me every time. Usually I am really good but then I just cave. I have to stick to it this week. Starting today it will be nothing but sticking to it. I know that I can do it. Perhaps I should share my food intake here as well.

Yesterday:

B: 2 sausage patties, 2 eggs, water
L: vienna sausages (didn't have time to make lunch)
S: creamy peanut butter sandwich (bad...i know)
D: taco salad; meat, lettuce, cheese, some tomato, salsa, water

I did get my 8 glasses, maybe even more, of water.
This is a vast improvement compared the two before.

Anyway this is todays intake so far:

B: 2 sausage patties, 2 eggs, water
S: handful of pork rinds, water
L: 2 cheese burger patties, pickles, mustard, water
D: I will be having a baked chicken breast, with salad; lettuce, celery, cheese, ranch dressing, some tomato, water

If I am really good and don't slip up the whole day today i will allow myself to have one table spoon of my LeCarb icecream...just one spoon. I will let you know tomorrow if I was able to have that one spoon.

Now I am liable...meaning I posted what I will be having for dinner which means I have to follow through. Hey that might be good for me. Anyway. I don't expect any losses for this week since I have been really slipping the hand too many times. But it will get better once I put my foot down. Starting today...I have not slipped today so that is my goal to not slip at all today. Can she do it? I think I can I think I can I think I can!

I hope everyone is doing well. Sue where are you...really miss your posts.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-25-2003 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #21  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

HHHH I had Pizza on thursday and went out for dinner with DH and the boys yesterday so 2 really off plan days in 2 weeks not bad!!! I know I am not seeing a change in the scale but my activity levels has slowed down but I am getting the hang of things better. and have been hearing good things about me from the boss soo....

Kina and Pat you guys are dong great!1 I am so proud of both of you!!
Old 07-27-2003, 04:15 PM   #22  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry Thanks Sue!

Sue so happy to hear that things are going well at your job. Oooww...pizza my pitfall. Yesterday I wanted pizza so badly that I just put some sliced pepperoni into the oven, let them get a little crispy, took them out sprinkled some cheese, put them back in the oven for a bit and they were yummy pizza chips. I actually ate a little more at the end of the day.

B: 2 sausage patties, (wasn't too hungry so didn't eat eggs), water
L: baked pepperoni with cheese a few of them, water
S: pork rinds
D: baked lemon pepper chicken; wing and breast, water

Then we went out to the ranch to visit mom and dad (who are also following the low carb diet...thank goodness otherwise that visit would of been hard for me.) They bar-b-qued some chicken and sausage and mom made a nice crispy salad.

So I had a chicken leg, some sausage, salad w/ranch dressing, a weiney, cheese, and a tad bit of chili (a bunless chili dog basically), and water.

Well I certainly didn't think I would show any losses this morning after all that I had eaten.

Today is weigh in and I know I told you I didn't expect to show any loss and I would have been happy with a maitain to report. Well...the scale was very nice to me and showed a loss of 1.5 lbs . I am down to 198.5 last Sunday was 200.0. I swear I was so excited that I jumped on that scale about three times just to make sure.

I am in Onderland once again. I will have to update my website to reflect my success.

I will post my food for today later. Pat how are you doing? I hope everyone is doing well and all those MIA's come back to visit some time.

Talk to you all later...
Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-27-2003 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:56 PM   #23  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Here is my food intake for today:

B: very late afternoon...1 sausage patty, eggs, small amount of bell pepper, water
L/D: bacon cheeseburger casserole, small amount of corn and greenbeans (I figured since I was past induction this would be okay just for today), tea sweetened with splenda
S: bell pepper 1/4 cup, water

Lots of water all day. I did good today so I may get a spoon of my lowcarb icecream. Maybe...I don't know.

I hope you all had a great day.
Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 07-28-2003, 06:08 AM   #24  
Work in Progress

Hey all!
Well teh weekend could have been a whole lot better.
But it is Monday and another opprtunity to be OP. I can never get the water in .
Sue it was good to see your post. I love pizza. I think KIna had a good idea about the pepparoni chips. How are you doing at the job?

Kina you go girl!!! You are doing awesome and congrats on teh scale moving!!!!

My goal today is get that damn water in and eat OP!
Will post tomorrow
Old 07-29-2003, 05:07 AM   #25  
Work in Progress

Hi all
Still not working out
b NF coot cheese
' grilled chicken salad
d- turkey, beans, broccoli
1/1/2 water
Old 07-31-2003, 03:00 PM   #26  
gbo

Hi Darlin's . You may not remember me as I have been away for such a long time but none of you have been far from my thoughts.
I have taken a major hit weight wise and am up about 30 pounds.
That makes me very unhappy with myself but it has happened none the less.
It has been a journey the last few months I assure you. As most of you know my other Father passed away, that was followed by a couple of weeks leading to the passing of my Father in Law, ( I shall miss him so much), and then the next day I found out my Tiny ( my dearest Son of the fur), is here for just a short time as he has cancer AND ..........much to my shock feline leukemia has entered our lives yet again. I am almost through the tunnel leading to me being a non-smoker as well. Mom has become like a small child and caring for her has become a major challenge. She has the will of an adult and the actions of a small child. She has no bodily control to speak of and will not keep protection on without a battle. Years ago I went through a despession and my best friend told me what it was. It is so alien to my nature but I think that is what I have been dealing with. As I recall that is the feeling I am coping with now. For those of you who may still remember me you will know how rare that is for my nature. I have returned here not to complain or for sympathy but rather to gather my forces again and keep my life on track. It seems I got lost somwhere. I have a tendencey to try and handle everything by myself ....to retreat into my my own space. So I have done again. My mind knows the folly of this action ( it never works), but it is a part of me that is an automatic responce and one I must break. Anyway the end result of course is always paid in the body and my back has rendered me nearly helpless. From the tunnel I knew I had to get back to my strength and myself for that matter. So here I am. I may not be back for a couple of days as I am still in a lot of pain but I am back if you will have me.
Pam
Old 07-31-2003, 03:52 PM   #27  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Pam...welcome back to the thread and pop in as much as you can. We will take what we can get...we enjoy hearing from you.

Well friends...my seasonal job has me busy. The cotton season started and I went back to work yesterday morning. The dayshift is not my usual schedule but I am really liking it. Anyway...this should certainly count for exercise. I have been staying on plan except the other evening I thought I should get more carbs in being that i knew I would be working my tail off at work the following morning. Well...it was a big mistake the scale flew off the handle it did not like my choice. So anyway it's either the carb intake for that day or it's that TOM and I am retaining water. DH and I decided I would stay on this shift for the term of the season and take classes at night. Otherwise I don't get to see the kids at all and I only get to see DH while he is asleep. Unfortunately I am taking a slight cut in pay but an income is an income. I am eating OP currently and I will remain doing so until I see that scale move in the right direction as far as possible. So you all may not hear from me as often as before but you will occassionally.

Take care and smile.
Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 08-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #28  
Work in Progress

Well another week has ended. Not doing well again once I get going I can't keep up with the momentum

PAM I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED. I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE PAIN YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH. OF COURSE YOU ARE REMEMBERED. I am sorry about your mom's decline. How is DH? The garden?

Sue How are you? Take care of yourself . Hope you acan check in soon, DID YOU SEE ?? PAM IS BACK!

Kina, WHat is it that you do with the cotten? Sounds like you are getting a w/o. When is school again? Juggling work, home and school is such a challenge but so worth it in teh end.

Well I am off to see my new nephew this weekend

you all enjoy
Closed Thread