Old 12-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MORNING CHICKS

ON MY WAY TO THE OFFICE.
THEY'RE SHORTHANDED TODAY.
BUT ONLY A HALF DAY. I LIKE MORNINGS ANYWAY.
THE TIME FLIES BY IN THE AM.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

Let's have some morning JOE with MELLIE....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
When I saw the Elvis lamp I thought of the song You Light up my life.
Still love Elvis and listen to him on the way to work on Sirus Xm radio.
How sweet that your dh would move the boxes of decorations to another location.

Shad
I'll pm you my email addy. I still have a way to go before I get that good with Yoga but I'm trying. Wish I lived in Missouri. My nephew's wife teaches Yoga.

Annie
I'll take hot chocolate instead. I love to smell coffee brewing but that's it.
Thanks for the information on Sam. Ugh on the snow.

Michelle
I haven't been caroling in a long time. What fun that would be! I'm hoping my friends will go with me to see the Christmas light display at the old ir base in Blytheville on Thursday night. I'm happy that you are taking the SF job. Think you will too.

-----------
Was minding my on business yesterday morning when the phone rang which was from the fire department down the road. We have a well located behind their building. He called and said we heard a loud pop and the well pump is burning. I turned the plant off and called my boss. He didn't hesitate to get there either. It was the motor but still yet we can't run it until a new motor comes. I'm running another set of wells. For about 4 hours yesterday I ran on one well. The other well was down also, but our electrical crew got it to going. Always something exciting and new in my line of work. I thought of Mel when the fire dept called.
I noticed that something has been blocked on my last post!!!!
The internet is back up this morning for some reason. The ISP man called today and wanted to speak to the person in charge of the computers. Hopefully it will stay on this time.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

First the good news. I am again a Greataunt. I have a wee greatnephew named Isaac born yesterday. My niece had a bit of a hard time after the birth as the placenta did not come away and she lost a lot of blood, but apparently all is well now. With a bit of luck I should see her and him and him over the weekend.

And for the bad news, the power bill has reared it's ugly head again and they are now telling me I have an overdue account. So I have thoroughly lost my temper and if it were possible, I would be camped on their doorstep when the doors open ready to go 5 rounds and deliver the knockout blow. I have written them a really nasty email, and will this morning try to get in touch with the Ombudsman and get nasty with them.

I'll do personals later when my temper improves and you needn't shake in your shoes for fear of upsetting me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #124  
Annie - Indiana

SHAD...congrats on the new grandnephew!! Issac, nice name, I like it. The power bill peeps better look out, here comes SHAD!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #125  

Shad
Congrats on the new nephew, Issac. And hit them below the belt if you need too.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #126  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Congrats on the new great nephew Shad. I like the name Isaac also. Nicely traditional. Glad the niece made it through the rough patch of delivery also. Reminds one that childbirth can still be complicated, even in this day and age.

I CANNOT believe you are on round 7 with this bloody power bill. What is going on here? I think we need rolling pins AND cattle prods. You poor thing.

I'll be back in a bit, things to do at the moment.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #127  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

quick post...had a busy day...and now have a migraine...took some prescription meds and am going to bed early.

Love you all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

Wow HAPPY you must really be busy, it has been more than a moment.

CHELLE....do hope you are feeling better today, I had a slight headache yesterday but know it was of the raw onion on my sandwich. It is gone today.

Got all my St. Louis gifts wrapped and putting them in the mail today. That was my evening last night wrapping.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Loves and hugs
Old 12-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #129  
Annie - Indiana

FROM OUR MELLIE

Old 12-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #130  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Thanks for keeping up the Mel posts - I am slacking here. Loved the ones you picked. Especially this morning's one. It's 15 degrees out there. We are laughing - HEAT WAVE!

Run... run... run... run... run. Yesterday we went to town I bought lunch at a local place which wasn't that great but it was DH's pick. Got some popcorn to send to my sister, got some candy to send to my Mom. Picked up stuff at the gas station - they have the best butter at their convenience store, stopped at Walgreen's for some bargains and capped it with a visit to the grocery store. We picked up a whole beef tenderloin roast for the holidays. Then had to look on the internet to see how to butcher the thing - thank goodness for YouTube. Did some laundry. Changed out part of DH's bath with a new shower curtain and towels - if ONLY the rugs would show up. Did some more decorating. Did some laundry. Played with the cats. Watched a bit of tv because I was just too tired to wrap packages or do cards.

Today I am off to the thrift shop this morning to fill in for a friend. I wish I'd had time to go through some of my Christmas decorations - there's a bunch that need to get out of my house and over to the thrift shop. Right now I have more to do's than time.

Sorry for lack of personals. I am a bad person except at lunch yesterday a man sitting off to the side of me suddenly got up. He lost his wedding ring. Apparently it stuck in his glove and must have flown off without him noticing it. He was looking all around when I noticed it about 10 feet away under the chair of another table of patrons. I pointed it out to him. DH said where's the reward? I said go buy a lottery ticket. He bought a scratch off and won a nice tidy sum. I told him it still pays to be kind, even if sometimes it seems entirely one sided.

Have a good day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #131  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I'm home with a cold today. Usually I keep going, but I've had a fever off and on so I thought it best to stay home.

I'm working a bit from home this AM; I am a morning person and I had a good nights sleep so I'll do what I can and then nap this afternoon and take 1/2 a sick day.

I just had some hot chocolate and it was so good. I'm like Ceejay..I don't drink coffee but I do like to smell it. I LOVE hot chocolate.

DH's appointment yesterday was very informative. He told us to think about the information he gave to us and then call back and let his nurse know what we want to do. He told us if we choose the ablation it can't be done for at least 6 weeks and maybe longer with his schedule. So, we decided to think about it, get more information and then decide. We are leaning towards it to give it a try but want to be sure. He told us even if we didn't do anything but keep DH on the blood thinners, he felt that DH would have a very long and normal life. But if it was him, he would want to try the ablation to be back in normal rhythm if he could.

So, Annie: I'm looking to hear your story with your DH and the ablation. The fact that it has a 60-70% success rate is encouring but I wish it were more like 80-90.

Shadd: I hope this power bill issue is resolved soon. That sort of thing can take so much time and effort to get resolved. Congratulations to your family on the new baby.

Michelle; I hope you headache is a lot better today.

Laura: Was it your vow renewal?

Happy: did you find the lights or did you just get the other tree back out?

Ok..got to get back and do some more work and I'm washing sheets and blankets. Trying to keep things sterile so DH doesn't catch this cold.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #132  
Annie - Indiana

Hi SUSIE...it was HAPPY's hubby that had the heart ablation, unless you are talking about the uterus ablation that I had in 2009? If so, it went fine and have not had a period since, don't even think I have really had any menopause to speak of other than gaining weight, and that is probably due to poor food choices and no exercise. lol

Have a good one.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #133  

Good morning Worldlies. Sorry I didn’t post over my long weekend. I’m still not completely caught up, but I’ll get there.

==

Ceejay – Did you find more of the fiber optic trees you wanted? You sound like you’ve been keeping busy at home and at work filling in for L. How’s that downward dog yoga pose going??

Annie – I’m so sorry to hear about your cousin’s diagnosis. So very sad. On the flip side – so cute that little J calls you “my Nanna”. Sweet. What a joy he must be. Not like the kids you had to deal with over the weekend… Being out in the snow driving yesterday when we got just a little bit - but enough to goof up the PM commute – makes me happy to not have to drive to work!! Hope you got your gifts shipped out!!

Happy – How’s it going with the real tree this year?? Are the cats still leaving it alone?? I can see not wanting to have a big tree to decorate. Ours isn’t as big as many (thinking of bf’s brother’s tree), but it’s too big for us. I too have a lot of favorite ornaments, and I like them and the memories associated with them. But I suppose it would be fun to go with a certain color scheme… Sort of goofy all the stuff from one order being shipped separately. I get they have their reasons, but it doesn’t seem like it could be profitable to do it in so many shipments. Let alone environmentally responsible!!! Count me in as another one who has experienced BART, but just a couple times. Airport runs, from Oakland once, and to/from the SFO airport another time. RE the homeless – I can’t say I noted a problem, but I’m either accustomed to that, or wasn’t in the same areas while I did my assignments out there. Great post from Mel re the Christmas party and the spending spree at TJ’s. I love that place! It’s a good thing I usually don’t go in there alone – I end up being so tempted to try all kinds of stuff. I was in there yesterday and luckily only ended up with a couple things outside the usual – a loaf of sourdough bread and some vanilla-cinnamon tea bags. All the holiday goodies were calling out to me though!!

Michelle – I’m sorry I didn’t get to respond more timely to your post re advice on which position you should accept. I do agree with the others – big red flag re the change from a perm position to a short-term contract one for the one you preferred. That would scare me right off. Then again, I prefer the stability of the longer contract with good pay and benefits. And being accustomed to a long-ish commute, that wouldn’t bother me quite that much since a lot of the time is on the train. The time on the train is mostly your own, and not stressful like a 100% driving commute. I hope it all works out well for you whichever you choose. Hope you’re all ready for your move this coming weekend. Those piles of paper you mentioned are the bane of my existence!!

Shad – I know contract work is very very common in the tech area, but it’s just scary to think of more and more employers going that route. No Peanut yet??

Susie – I hope you’re able to get caught up at work. I like to think I can do some of that, but I just this morning have gotten word of a big project that we’ll be working on the next few weeks. Sigh. Anyway, i’s nice you at least get OT pay for all the extra hours you put in
==
So I think I said I’d pack on Thursday night and shop/wrap/pack/ship on Friday morning before we left town. Ha. Don’t recall what we did Thursday evening, but I didn’t pack. That happened Friday morning. Our drive up was alright, but a 40 mile portion was under construction and was 2 lanes and even 1 lane part of the way. Traffic wasn’t heavy, so it wasn’t horrible, just slower than desirable. My friend D and her sister happened to be at nearly the same point in our drives (different routes though), so we met at a Wendy’s in Janesville where bf and I ate a quick lunch. I bought a mega millions ticket for that night’s drawing. I’m back here at work today, so you know I didn’t win big (no one won it), but if I understand the game correctly, I did get match the mega ball and might have one $1.00. I will use that to buy another ticket for tonight’s drawing.

Friday night we went to dinner with a big group, then had cake to celebrate the 50th bday of one of our friends. After that we spent time in the pool/whirlpool.

Saturday a smaller group of us met for breakfast, then went shopping at an outlet mall right behind the hotel. I found a couple nice things. The vow renewal/reception was nice. It started off a bit quiet, but finally got going very nicely after the couple had their first dance (and we all had a drink or two under our belts).

Sunday bf and I slept in a bit and then drove home, different route so no construction to deal with. It was nice to get home to doggy, even if I did have to brave the cold to take him out for his walk.

Yesterday I did my shopping/wrapping/packing and got over to the post office to ship my gifts. Glad that’s done. I got over to the library and picked up a few books and watched some telly.

The scale was not kind to me this morning, so I just went ahead and ate breakfast and wore whatever clothes I wanted with no care to dress "lightly" or consistently with what I usually wear on my WW weigh-in days. I’ll take my lumps at the scale today and get back on track with eating and exercise this week.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #134  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Shad - congrats on the greatnephew! I'm glad your niece is doing okay, despite a difficult birth. I hope you can get things sorted without too much bloodshed (or maybe that's what is needed by now). I like Happy's idea of the cattle prod and rolling pins.

I still have the migraine from yesterday. I wish I could figure out what's up with it. I've got to get some boxes packed of things to take over to D's. I'll be moving in there this weekend; I'm a bit nervous and excited. The nervous part is moving into a household with three men (D, his brother, and a disabled man that D rents a room to).

Later today, I'm taking Santa to a new doggie day care for a temperment evaluation.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #135  

Michelle
Don't think I'd like those living arrangements, but I've been single to long and like the quiet time. Hope it works out.

Laura
No I haven't found those small fiber optic tree's but I'll look some more this week end.

Happy, Shad, Annie and Susie

We finally have internet again at work. The big boss was here this morning and I asked why we didn't have internet. Dah that got the two other bosses going. The trouble shooter on the computer kept saying it was the Ethernet cord. After the main boss said what he did the other two checked the wire and got us a different set up. He told us that our department was eating together on Monday. Can't believe that Christmas day is next Wednesday.
Wanted to thank those who have sent Christmas cards. I've not been in a mood this year for much Christmas cheer.