3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks Remembering Melody at Christmas

Old 12-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #76

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh and Annie is there too.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #77
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Shaddie...I know there must be some in the senior building thanking God for Mellie's handbook right about now.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #78

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I was able to pop in last week and read through the posts. I tried to post but it lost the post when I hit submit reply and I didn't have time to go back and redo it.

Work is just crazy! Once I get through this week and all the year-end meetings it will be back to busy, but not crazy!

DH has his appointment a week from today with the cardiologist to talk about the ablation option. We have been doing some research and writing down our questions. I want to be prepared when I go in so that they know I have done my homework and we can make informed decisions instead of just taking their point of view about it.

I'm not making any progress with the weight-loss but I'm not losing any ground. Just staying the same. To be honest my head just isn't in it right now.

But I'm not allowing myself to just forget about it. I do what I can and right now that is logging my food and staying in my calorie range.

I had a NSV today...I try to avoid soda but when it's at a meeting and it's free, I usually will get it instead of water...but NOT today! I'm going to work really hard and not have any soda between now and New Years Day.

You all have been so kind to call me out in posts and I feel so included here. Thanks to all of you!

I don't have a lot of time to do personals tonight but I wanted to give Annie a big hug.... I'm sorry to hear this news about your brother. I will be praying for you and your family. I will pray for time for you all to love each other, peace when you don't expect it and protection for all of you during this time. May God's arms be wrapped around you all and help you all during this very sad time.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #79
Annie - Indiana

Morning All....

I took a little trip last night....as in a slip and fall on the driveway. Skinned my knee and hurt my bad ankle. Walking is a chore today. The girls here at work have decided to wrap me in bubble pack.

I will come back later this think is jumping around when typing and driving me nuts.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #80
Annie - Indiana

SUSIE....Thank you Susie for you kind words concerning my brother. Hey maintaining your weight is better than gaining. Kudos. Good job on researching on DHs ablation.

Hello to all you lovely ladies. Sissy is coloring my hair tonight then get it cut on Friday night. Need a little bit of pampering. Amen.

Have a terrific Tuesday!!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #81

Morning all. Brrrr! Super cold & windy today. One of Mel's graphics seems appropriate:

Wore my longies and a silk tank under my clothes today & I'm still cold & have been in the office for a bit of time now. And to think of all those fans at the Bears game last night here in Soldier Field!! I was cold just seeing the bare skin of the players!

Annie - Ouch re the slip and fall today! I agree with the girls in the office - bubble wrap for you! And it might keep you warm too, LOL.

Susie - Good for you and your hubby to be prepared for the doctor appointment, you'll probably end up getting more out of the discussion than not having questions, and having the doctor go through a spiel of what he normally tells people. And good for you to give up the soda. I don't know if you drink regular or diet, but they both have bad stuff in them, be it all that sugar or all the chemicals/artificial sweeteners. I've been trying to cut back with varying degrees of success. As for the weight loss, ideally I'd like to be losing, but staying steady is also a victory this time of year and I'll take it!

Shad - Your post made me wonder how the building is faring without Mel - she was indeed the go-to person, not only because she knew what to do, but because she would do her darnedest to get it done. I hope you have work to do today. Nothing worse than the day crawling by.

Happy - How did the soup turn out?? Sounds yummy right about now. Sorry the orthotics aren't working out for you. I might need to swap out a pair of my orthotics from my sneakers to put into my snow boots - they don't have enough support. The snow isn't going away any time soon due to this frigid weather, so I need to keep wearing them.

Hi Ceejay! Hi Michelle!
===
I decided not to go to the movie last night, and then my train home had mechanical problems not long after it left the station last night, so that really sealed the deal. By the time we reversed back to the station and changed equipment, I didn't get home until 7:00. Boo.

BF and I watched the football game. I didn't stay up for the whole thing, but it was nice to learn they won after a horrible loss last week. Our backup QB is doing a great job. Wish our defense wasn't plagued by all the injuries though...

No plans tonight. I still need to buy a necklace to wear to the vow renewal this weekend. None of my existing stuff works with the neckline of my dress, or it's too blingey for the occasion. I might stop by Claire's before I get on the train tonight - it's right in the train station.

Okay, enough rambling. Time to post. Cheers!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #82
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

another Mel graphic that felt right for today. And thank you Mel and Laura for getting me hooked on Downton Abbey. Can't wait for the premier on January 5. I'll save you a seat Mellie. As Mel said last year - LAURA...MY FRIEND JUST CALLED ME AND SAID NEXT SUNDAY IS THE LAST EPISODE OF DOWNTON ABBEY SEASON 3!! OMG!!! ONLY 7 EPISODES AND NO CHRISTMAS??? WTF!! I FEEL CHEATED.

It's cold, it's cold. Temps in the negatives with the sun full on out. Going to be very cold tonight and tomorrow. Glad I don't have to go out in it. DH did reluctantly go out to get more corn. The critters are all hungry and trying to stay fed and warm. I got a call from the Thrift shop and was hoping they didn't want me to come in this afternoon but it was just my buddy wondering if I could cover for him next week. I said ok. How can you refuse someone who is going for a cancer treatment?

I am trying to decide about the Christmas tree situation. Menards (home improvement) has them on sale an hour away as well as decorations too - I'd probably get the newer cool burning energy efficient LED lights. But that's an hour's ride on the highway in the cold. Not sure if that's stressful on us as well as the poor tree.

Laura - the soup turned out great. DH doctored his up with bacon bits, more cheese and some green onions. I am a purist and liked my au naturel. I am making some chicken wild rice soup later today. My Mom was complaining yesterday about how cold it is by you. Good thinking wearing the long skivvies to work today. That's when I dreaded the walk to the train station and the office. I'm sure you'll be able to find something nice at Claire's for a necklace. They have cute stuff and the prices are good.

Susie - my DH had an ablation this spring - if you had any questions, feel free to ask. Scary for the patient but thank goodness it's a rather common procedure now. Good for you for doing your research on it.

Annie - ouch on the foot. Hasn't it taken enough of a beating? I think this time of year is hazardous for all body parts. Rest up and take care of yourself. I have been having problems with this site too - where the smiles stop jumping and the screen seems to freeze. I still think it's some of the ads.

Shad - that was a nice post from Mel. So typical of Mel. I'm betting that they can't find her carefully put together notebook and sadly, without her - things will just suffer. Because that's how that goes. Still everyone was better off under her watch. I just hope they don't expect Jen to fill her slippers. Glad you are just about shifted into the new digs. Gives you time to dote on the niece. Are you close enough to visit her once the baby makes an appearance?

Ceejay - hope the roads are clear and you are at more manageable temps.

Michelle, I'm sure you are on pins and needles waiting for phone calls. That was always nerve wracking.

Since I do have the day to myself I think I will get off this computer and go accomplish something worthwhile. If I am going to work the Tuesday shift next week, it would be a perfect time to bring in some things I don't need anymore into the thrift shop to be sold.

Have a good day all and keep warm.

Last edited by happy2bme : 12-10-2013 at 12:49 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #83
Annie - Indiana

HELLO MISS HAPPY....my poor body aches and aches more and more. This cold weather and wind is just tearing me up. I am sure you feel it in your body also. Bleh on getting old. One might think with all this flubber on my body I would be padded enough not to get hurt when I fall...but then again that is a lot of flab hitting the concrete/ice hard. My aunt fell on ice and hit her head just right on the curb that it put her in a coma and few days later died. She was in her late 50s early 60s back in 1990 something or rather. We do need to be careful out there. I am such a clutz these days anyway and with my ankle not bending like it should I think I fall more than not. Do you make any money on the stuff you sell at the thrift shop or does it all go to charity? I know MELLIE loved Downton Abbey. Me too! I am ready for season 4.

LAURA...boo on the train probs. THat would make me crazy, especially getting off work at 4:00 then not get home til 7. Too bad we don't live closer, I have a lot of good jewelry, expensive jewelry (thanks to C), and also costume jewelry from my momma, gma and auntie. You could borrow some anytime. Let it be known that all is available to all in our commune when we settle. lol.

Hidee ho everyone else...CHELLE...any news??

\Loves and hugs

Old 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #84
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Still haven't heard about the job in San Jose, but I am SO hoping. In the meantime, I'm completing the documentation for my government background check for the job in SF. SO MUCH PAPERWORK!

I'll try and check in this evening.

Much love and many hugs to all (and prayers too),

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #85

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Getting settled into the new digs. It's a lot smaller than the other one but nothing I can't live with at this time. Sure if you open the window and the balcony door the traffic on the freeway 8 floors below is noisy but it's not bad enough to wear noise cancelling earmuffs. Slept fairly well and got up bright and early this morning to meet with one of my colleagues who has so far failed to show. Nice one boofhead.
I've booked flights to Adelaide for Christmas. Going to see DS1 and DP and little Miss S. I took over some presents for them when I went to Brisbane and DS2 was going to post them. Let's hope he has done so.
A little left to do in the old apartment and some food to pick up from the freezer. Then I can hand the keys back. It will be done and dusted. Yeehaa.

Laura - graphics from Mel. Appropriate for your time and place. I'd better go back and take a look and see if she has any that indicate constant wind!!!
Bummer on the train breaking down. No doubt cost cutting has got to the maintenance area and now things just break. It costs big money to run an efficient maintenance system. Hang on, that's the sort of thing Mel and I used to talk about. Think she may be getting into my head.

Happy - Downton Abbey has just finished over here - season 4. I'm not going to tell you anything about it. But I do think Maggie Smith is a fantastic character actress. She is fantastic as the Dowager Lady Crawley.
The soup sounds good, although the DH no doubt is wearing a couple of extra kilos somewhere after all that cream and cheese and bacon. Yummmeeee.
I doubt that the tree will mind moving but is it worth going out in the cold for???
Mel's redhandbook is in the bottom drawer of A's desk. I think there is(was) also a copy in Mels apartment as well. I know she had two. So if anyone asks you, you can now tell them where to go!

Annie - goddam it woman!!!! Can't you stay on your feet!. Hope you feel better soon.

Michelle - Any news on the job front?

Susie - Nice to hear from you. Everyone seems to be flat out this time of the year. I haven't yet got cards or Christmas letters out and I must do that this week. Probably everything will be e-mail this year. Better PM me your e-mail address. I will include you in my list of friends to be bored to death with my goings on for the year.

Oh oh - to Ceejay

Okay time to get started on solving someone elses problems around here. No rest for the wicked.

Last edited by Shad : 12-10-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #86
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm still here just no internet at work.

I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #87
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

boofhead. Love it Shad. My new word for January. May replace doofus.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #88
Annie - Indiana

Love the boofhead, I know a few of those here at work. THey are super boofy.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #89
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Think we all love the new word, boofhead. Glad that you are getting settled in in you new digs.

Annie
Ouch on the fall. I agree with the others on the bubble wrap. I love the smell of a fresh tree in the house. They are a bit messy though.

Happy
Yum, potato soup. May make some this week end. I'm looking forward to the day where I don't have to depend on the alarm clock.
Still enjoying the graphics and tidbit's from our Mel. I'm sure they are missing her knowleged of the building.

Laura
It's nice to just stay inside on these cold winter nights.

Michelle
Sending good vibes for you and the job situation

Susie
I'm glad that you and dh did some research to ask the doctor. At least you will be informed.
------
Nothing new here. I've made it to work each day with out trouble and manage not to slip and slide on the ice. I'm ready for the brief warm up--45 degree's this week end. The kiddos' haven't had school this week due to the weather
It's time to get back to chores at had here at work, beginning with a backwash procedure.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #90

Just lost a nearly complete post. No time to re-write it. Personals will come later or tomorrow.

I went to Claire's before getting on my train last night. It's not the same as it used to be. It's now about 20% costume jewelry for grown-ups and 80% little girl/tween stuff. So I found nothing there. But...I finally did visit the Charming Charlie store at the mall near the house. It's a FANTASTIC place for costume jewelry. Found something nice - there would be something seriously wrong with me if I hadn't, LOL. I'm not up on jewelry trends, so I was surprised to find so much gold-colored jewelry on display - more than silver. It all comes and goes - hang onto it all, LOL.

Okay, meeting in 10 min, better get my chit together.

TTFN!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.