Old 12-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #226  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

No poker game for this chick tonight. I knew by lunch time that there was NO way I'd be able to stay awake until 11:30 and then be safe to drive. D was really sweet and offered to drive me to the game and pick me up afterward (he doesn't play poker...he prefers card games like bridge). But I told him that I just wasn't up to it.

Tomorrow, I'm going over to my step-mom's to see my step-brother one last time before he heads to Belize. I'm hoping to get there later this year or next year.

Sunday, it's the big winner take all Packer-Bear game. The winner will will the NFC North Division...the loser goes home. Thankfully, the Packers will have their starting QB back. I know, I know...the Bears fans on this thread outnumber the Packer fans. Anyway, I hope it's a good game, with no injuries. I'm going to a Packer bar to watch the game with other Packer fans.

Sending much love to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

It's time for this chick to shower, get some jammies on and watch It's a Wonderful Life (that I DVRed from a few days ago).
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
This is going to be brief. I'm getting ready to go to my uncles for the week end.
Actually got a few things done in the office. Think I'm going to set up the computer again so I can play some games I have on that one. My tablet has dominoes which I do like to play but get tired of it after a while.
Sounds like most of us are getting things back in order. My mind is always more relaxed when I have a clean house.
Need to finish packing for the week end.

I rode the bike again for 20 minutes and did 15 minutes of strength. I'm only using 2 pound weights but can already tell the difference.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #228  

Annie
Your mention of chicken and noodles makes me want chicken and dumplings. I'm going to try my hand at making dumplings when I get back Sunday.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #229  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Didn't get in here yesterday - peeked a bit but we had a bunch of stuff to do so I didn't get back in. And I wound up with a marathon 3 hour on the phone session with my Mom and sister - no way did I want to be on that long and it killed the entire evening.

Woke up today and everything hurts like I took a major beating. In fact pain woke me up early today. We are in warmer weather yesterday and today and then it's dropping like a rock tonight and we're going into the deep freeze again for a week. That should be fun (not) as all the mushy snow refreezes again. I'm thinking the weather is a big factor in my aches and pains.

I popped a few aspirin and waiting for them to kick in before we run out to the store to pick up a few things.

I'll have to come back later for personals. Enjoy your weekend ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #230  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Peeking too. Will try to get back later today. We are out to lunch shortly.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #231  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Saturday evening ladies,

I've finally got all my clothes and books unpacked. Now there's just a few odds and ends that I really need to find or create a space to store. D just got home from work and now he's replacing the garbage disposal so that hopefully our kitchen sink will be useable again.

I ran some errands this afternoon, and took Santa to the dog park, then went over to my step-mom's to hang out with my step-brother. He's leaving early in the morning for his long drive.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take Santa to the dog park in the morning, then drop him off at the groomers so he can get a bath and haircut while I'm watching the game. Then I'm getting together with a friend for dinner.

=================
Ceejay - I hope you are having a nice time at your uncle's.

Happy - The more I hear about the bitter cold and tremendous amounts of snow the midwest is already getting, the more I realize I made the right decision to move back to CA. While the scenery and natural beauty in Wisconsin sure beats Silicon Valley, I am truly a California girl.

Annie - Can you please share the chicken and noodles recipe? With D leaving for Monterey for a week, I've got to cook for myself. Oh the horror!

A big to Shad, Susie and Laura! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #232  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls. Posting from the tablet so will be short

Got the house back in order. Tree out in the fire pit wood stack.

Chelle....noodles are a couple of eggs mixed with chicken broth, salt and pepper then add flour till rollable. Roll out flat. Then roll up, cut and string out in noodles. I cook a whole chicken in my pressure cooker, debone put back in broth add water if not enough broth bring to boil add noodles. Big process. Slow boil till noodles r done and broth is thick.

Happy...yikes what is going on with momma. Just being stubborn? One day you will wish it all back.

Hi Shaddie, Laura, Ceeg and Susie

I hope my getting tired is a sign I may get some sleep tonite. One can only hope.

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #233  

I'm posting again tonight from my uncles.
Had a good visit with the uncles at lunch and didn't overdo. But something I ate didn't agree with me. I did have a fried chicken leg, so fried foods may have to go but it could have been the black pepper also. I may go back to the very strict diet for diverticulitis and see if this will help.

Michelle
I'll think about you fixing noodles tomorrow. I'm going to try my hand at making dumplings. I didn't realize that one could drive to Belize. Will he have some major highways or will they mainly be gravel/dirt roads. Just curious.

For some reason I'm exhausted. Think I'll go to bed a little early tonight.
No formal exercise today. But did some walking around in a couple of stores. Bought a couple of new tops.
My aunt gave me some pictures that she had of us girls when we were little. One of them was awesome. I'm almost sure that mom had just come home from the hospital with my baby sister. She looked tired and was in her pajamas and robe. My sister's birthday is next month so in her birthday card I'm sending her a copy of this photo.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #234  

Height: 5'7"

Hello. It was a full day for me. I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and did 3 loads of laundry. DH cleaned out his closets and his dresser.

We then headed to the movies to see Saving Mr. Banks. It was a great movie. Had dinner out. I had a fall harvest salad and a cup of French Onion soup. YUMMY.

I did get my walking DVD in yesterday but not today. I plan to do another walk on the DVD tomorrow. I would like to get up and get it done before I get ready for church. I plan to take a nap tomorrow.

Ceejay: i hope you get to feeling better so you can continue to have a nice visit with your Uncle.

Annie: I hope you sleep well to night. You asked where I live in Ohio. I am in southwest OH. The small town we live in is about 1 hour to downtown Cincinnati downtown Dayton or downtown Columbus. Tonight we headed toward Dayton and went to the movies and out to eat in the suburb of Kettering. It is about 35 min drive.

Happy are you feeling better?

Laura, I will be watching football tomorrow too. Bengals vs Ravens. GO BENGALS!

Hi Michelle and Shad.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #235  

Morning all.

Susie - Busy day for you. Enjoy your nap today.

Ceejay- Hope your belly is feeling better today. Glad you had a good visit w/ the uncles. Nice to get some of the old family photos & share them.

Annie - The chicken and noodles sounds so tasty, true comfort food! A lot of effort but so worth it!! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Michelle - Glad you're settling in at D's place. How's Santa adjusting? Getting along with D's cat?? Enjoy the game today.

Happy - Wow, that's a long phone call!! Hope all's okay with your mom - and your sis. Brrrr - saw on fb your weather forecast. We're in for some frigid temps too. So not thrilled. I hope your aches & pains have eased up by now!

Hi Shad!! Tell us about your weather, some of us want to warm up!!

Went to a zumba class yesterday. I like the usual instructor for this day\time. My knees felt a bit rusted on a few moves, but otherwise it felt good to work up a sweat.

I did a load of laundry & took doggy for a long walk. Have to take advantage of the mild temps while they last!

I finally made the cranberry loaf using the cranberries I had sitting around. Came out pretty good, but not without some labor. Not sure it was worth it.

Today I need to clean out the guest bedroom - has Christmas bins & the yet-to-be-sorted office bins & some other junk that needs to be cleared out. My friend D & her sis are staying over NYE & the trundle bed needs to be rolled out & there's no room to do that right now!!

I also want to get my donation bags ready to drop off & make it into this year's tax filing.

Had some thoughts of going to the gym for a yoga class, but I think I'll read the paper with another mug of tea & get down to the cleaning instead. Hopefully I can get enough accomplished before the Bears-Packers game.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 12-29-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #236  

Went to church today then out to lunch. And I didn't over do.
I meant to ride the bike last night at my uncles but their grand daughter came up and I played with her. She's a lot of fun. She's 10.
My tummy still doesn't feel as good as it should. I'm going to find the diverticulitis diet on line and stick to it a couple of days.
Road the bike for 20 minutes.

Susie
Sounds like you had a good evening out. We all need those. I have the walk away the pounds dvd. I may do it one day this week.

Michelle
Did you make the chicken and noodles. I'm going to wait till the week end to make the dumplings.

Laura
Did you get all the bins moved. Good for you in going to Zumba.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #237  
Choose your hard

Hi Girls,

Mellie Moment - I have been seriously slacking here. It was the end of 2006 and I was looking for someone to help me drink the 2 bottles of wine I had been saving for New Year's as well as the prime rib roast...

HAPPY~ I WILL BE RIGHT THERE TO HELP YOU GET RID OF THE 2 BOTTLES. CAN WE USE A STRAW ???? IT WOULD BE FASTER THAT WAY! YOUR DINNER SOUNDS GOOD TOO BUT IF YIOU GIVE ME THE WINE FIRST...YOU CAN EAT ALL THE RIBS BY YOURSELF....I'LL BE PASSED OUT ON THE FLOOR !! UNLESS I WEAR MY SEATBELT
Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #238  
Choose your hard

Well. The thermometer shows - 23 degrees F which is pretty darn cold. The house is banging quite a bit - sounds like something is crashing into the side of the house. It can be startling. I can't watch TV because we keep getting errors that we are losing the satellite signal. Not sure why - it's clear and cold out there and this time there is no snow covering the cable satellite dish. Also having some issues with Internet Explorer alternately hanging and crashing. Can't play my Yoga DVDs because it says I need a driver updated. I did some rumaging, tried to update the driver but now it says something else is not supported. Not sure what changed, I was watching videos a few months back without a problem. Darn computer!

I did pick up a couple of books from the library so I guess it's a good time to just turn on the personal heater and get cozy in a chair with a book.

Ceejay - how nice that you had fun with the uncle's granddaughter. I'm not going to even attempt to figure out what relation that is - only that you had fun with her! Good job for minding your lunch meal and getting in some cycling time. You have a jump on the new year's clean living goals. That's nice that you got some old time pictures. They are fun to look at.

Laura - did you have to do something special to the cranberries for the loaf? Not just wash 'em and toss them into the batter? I have a turkey breast to roast and I'm looking forward to making a batch of cranberry sauce - gotta start using up those cranberries I froze. That's great that you put together a donation bag - great start to get prepared for the new year. I should follow your lead.

Susie - wow you are really getting things organized. Glad that you enjoyed the movie. Did you get your nap in?

Annie - yum on the chicken and noodles. That sounds really tasty. I wonder if I can mock it up with frozen Rheams egg noodles and some rotisserie chicken. As to my Mom, I'm not sure what is going on - is she just becoming more stubborn and childish because of her age? Is she scared because she is losing some of her capabilities - ie. the arthritis in the knees really slowed her down and stopped things like jumping on the city bus to do things on her own? I don't really know and of course if you try and talk with her she doesn't realize or see anything wrong so Sis and I will just have to be patient with her and overlook ALOT. Were you able to get a good sleep last night?

Geez the way the house is banging - very frequently - I wonder if that's going to interfer with sleeping tonight. Not sure what's going on, DH said the house is just settling and such - nothing to worry about. It's loud enough to spook the cats too and seems to be happening on the upper level of the house. This is a frame house - all our other homes were brick. I was talking to DH the other day and said while there are aspects of this house I really like - closeness to town, a nice yard - there are other things that I would definitely change if I could. And being in here for a while now, I'd have to say that this house is not as well made as we first thought it was. NOW he tells me that maybe we could have afforded a home on a lake after all. Still probably would not have bought one tho - too many negatives overall to lake living - the biggest of which is too close of a proximity to your neighbors

Michelle - I totally get you wanting to move back to California. The midwest is a totally different culture from California. I think each area of the country is rather unique and they are all quite different. It has to be hard to assimilate into something unless you are a small town kid who moves to the big city for excitement when they are fresh out of college. The older we get, the more difficult it is to change. Back in the 80's we were seriously considering relocating to Atlanta or San Francisco. In retrospect I probably would not have liked either place as a permanent home. Yes, the cold and snow I could do with a shorter season of, but I don't have to get up and go to work in this and that makes a BIG difference. Also the crowds and the bugs are almost non existent during the winter months which is a huge bonus. I could not deal with the crowded city - people and traffic - ever again, and the earthquakes, high living expense, water shortage and restrictions you face along with a state that is in deep trouble financially would not make for a happy retirement for us. Alot of the issues with California are very similar to why we knew we couldn't stay in Illinois. The thing is, no matter where you go, where you are happy is the place you need to be! Hope you had a nice dinner with your friend the other night.

Shad - are you still visiting with DS and S? I guess you will be packing soon to head back to the office. How depressing that the holidays are over and it's back to business again. But there is nothing more motivating to me as a fresh start as New Year's Day so that's a good thing.

Finally I was peeking at a friend's page on FB and saw that one of the people I once worked with - a lovely couple - the husband has been diagnosed with a terrible degenerative disease. And it's progressing fast. They were just two of the nicest people you could want to know. He got a bum deal at work once upon a time and one of their children had some serious medical problems so they have had their share of sad times. I was devastated to see this. I will have to write her a note. I especially thanked God extra hard last night for the blessing that is my life. And DH has relaxed a bit and with 2 years under our belt, we are holding our own financially and he said I can turn the gas fireplace on as much as I want to (it heats the front of our house which gets rather cold, especially in this weather). So thank you God for health, peace of mind and as much propane as I want to use

Anyway I should be getting to sleep. When it first snowed DH thought it was a fluke and that there would be some meltings in between snow storms. Not this year. So the deck that covers 3 sides of our house went unshoveled except for the part to get into the door. Can't leave that because it will get too heavy so yesterday DH and I were out for hours slicing and shovelling snow that was crusty and 30 inches deep. It was not fun. We got 2/3 of it done and we have the back part yet to tackle tomorrow. So it's not even morning and a full day ahead.

Have a good sleep all.

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-30-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #239  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm here and it is hot. Think we are heading for 31C today (about 90F) Sky is blue. We are about to go for a walk down by the sea. M wants a long walk but I am not sure I am up for a really long walk. We'll see. I'll take some photos of bright blue sea, yellow sand and sunshine for you
I've pinched a nerve in my back so maybe the walk will loosen up the twinge. I put together a rocking moose for the princess S that I bought at Ikea yesterday. She loves to move and rock and spin and fall over and climb things. It wasn't expensive and isn't very big so no doubt she will grow out of it quickly.
Okay, better get to see what the Princess S is doing. She is very quiet which those of us who are mothers will know spells trouble. She is a bright little kid but could use less of a helicopter mum (hovering) and a bit more discipline.
Gotta go. We are at last ready.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #240  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning...another eerie morning here at work....I actually love it when I am the only one here.

Curtis has been down with a chest and head cold since Christmas eve. He slept all morning till bout 11 yesterday then went back to bed at 3:30 yesterday and did not get up till 3 this morning. Poor guy, he is a trooper, still has not missed any work even tho I know he would of liked to stay in bed another day.

Didn't do much of anything yesterday. Watched the Colts spank the Jags. Now our first play off game is in our home field. Yeah!! Altho against the Chiefs it could be a doozy.

Have a pork tenderloin in the crocker today. Got it going this morning. Just kind of threw some stuff in with it, slapped the lid on and left. Haha. Actually I cut up onion slices on the bottom, rubbed the tenderloin with garlic, pepper and tenderizer placed it on top of the onions then scooped a can of mushroom soup on top, then a jar of mushrooms, poured a half cup of italian dressing around it and a half cup of water. Usually turns out pretty good.

SHADDIE...I will take the 90 degrees over this 11 we currently have. I DO NOT LIKE COLD WEATHER!! If it weren't for family I think I would seriously move to a warmer climate. Bleh on this mess. I think LAURA is getting it a little worse than we are and certainly HAPPY is a popsickle. Glad you are enjoying the princess.

HAPPY...I am with you, if it were not for work I would hunker down in my house and read books. I have 3 I bought at the half price bookstore a couple of months ago and have not even opened them. Cold weather...major bleh! Hope you don't have to work at the thrift store this week. My little house is settling quite a bit also. Sassy puts out 2 or 3 barks when she hears it. Love the MELLIE moment..she was always such a hoot! Probably has my momma and daddy in stitches all the time.

CEEG...so much fun to play with the little ones. Heck yesterday I didn't even have little ones and colored in the coloring books. I find it theraputic. Hope you tummy gets to feeling better. Good on you for riding the bike.

LAURA...funny, my guest bedroom has all the remnants from Christmas in there also. I am bringing new boxes home from work today to get things organized in there. Organizing seems to never end.

SUSIE....I did get a good nights sleep last night, probably because I took 2 PMs so I could. I got 4 loads of laundry done yesterday while C slept. Oh and ran the vacuum and scroured the toities. Pretty much lazy the rest of the day.

CHELLE...are you all moved in and settled? How is Santa liking his new place? How is the new job coming along? Did you step brother take off? Here is an extra HUG for you sister.

That is about it. Better get busy just in case the ghosts around here see me. lol.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote