Old 12-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #196  

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #197  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You had to work ALL day today Michelle? That kind of stinks. Enjoy your dinner - I'm sure it will be delicious.

I would like this holiday stuff way better if it didn't involve so much cleaning But I am almost done. The place looks sparkling and I searched for prime rib roast recipes earlier and found one that I think will provide a nice crust. I'll be popping that in the oven as soon as the floor finishes drying. Besides potatoes I'm trying to think of a nice side dish. DH does not like the fancier ones like roasted brussel sprouts or baked squash. Maybe just some jazzed up green beans. I am playing the radio and will have my fill of holiday songs by the end of the night.

Anyway ...

Merry Christmas dear Worldly Friends May you have joy and peace in your hearts.

And if you need any snow, just let me know

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-24-2013 at 03:57 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #198  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Merry Christmas, dear friends! I feel so blessed to have you in my life.

Happy - yes, I have to work all day...but after going nearly a month without working and without getting paid, I don't mind, especially since I don't have any plans until later anyway and the commute home from the BART station should be a breeze. I'm just SO grateful that I get a paid holiday for Christmas Day and New years day (something that's pretty much unheard of for contractors at least here in the States).

Happy Holly Jolly Days to all!

Last edited by diyana; 12-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #199  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

It's Christmas night here. We had out main meal at lunch. The DS1 cooked snags (chicken and mushroom sausages) and Marinated chicken and we had prawns as an entrée. BIG ONES. All of the above with salad. I am still full this evening and I do not want anything else to eat. It has also been fairly hot and I probably am somewhat dehydrated which will make for a sad tummy tomorrow no doubt.

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas eve and a great day tomorrow. I'll be back as soon as I get myself together again. And I will be in a challenge of any description to lose this flab asap.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Merry Christmas
---------------
Michelle
Don't feel to bad for working yesterday. I did too. And today I might add. But since I don't have family here I'd much rather be working to keep myself occupied.

Happy
The roast sounds good.

Shad
Glad to hear from you.

Susie and Annie
Hope your day is filled with joy.

------------
Like I mentioned before I'm at work. Yesterday wasn't to bad. I did have several phone calls but that made time pass by quickly. When I got home the package from my niece was by the door. It was a sweat shirt with piano keys on the front. I'm wearing it this morning and had my co-worker make my picture and messaged it to her. They are probably still asleep in California. My sister is their also so she called me last night too. She had mailed me a gift card from Kohl's
My friend texted me last night to say that she went to the ER last night. Her sister took her. They gave her a saline IV, she was dehydrated and took blood. She will know more when the blood results come back.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #201  
Creating a Healthier Me

Merry Christmas, my friends!

After work yesterday, I had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner with D's family. He and I will be going over to my step-mom's later.

Shad - I hope your tummy doesn't get too upset with the heat and dehydration.

Ceejay - I hope your work day is quiet, but that the time passes quickly. The sweatshirt from your niece sounds very nice. I'll keep your friend in my prayers.

Sending much love and Merry Christmas hugs to all,
Old 12-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #202  
Choose your hard

From Mel...

MERRY CHRISTMAS WORLDLY CHICKS!
I WILL GIVE A THOUGHT TO EACH OF YOU THIS BLESSED MORNING.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THOSE GOING OUT.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY.

Merry Christmas to you too dear Mellie. Sending some good thoughts back to you also. Hope you are happy in your new home.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #203  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you all had a nice Eve and a lovely day today.

We have snow (but no mistletoe) and it's still softly snowing. Enough already with the snow machine! I'm sure the snowmobilers will be delighted - this new powder is much better than the icy base. My prime rib roast last night came out perfectly. A bit more rare than I would prefer but for a change, DH got it as he liked and with a bit on the rare side, the remaining 2 pieces will reheat nicely. After dinner I watched one of my favorite movies and one that I have not seen in a long, long time. Lilies of the Field with Sidney Poitier. So old it was made in black and white. But a wonderfully funny and uplifting movie to watch for Christmas. Was thinking about cracking open the wine bottle I had chilling in the refrigerator but then decided to save it for another day. I might take a stab at it today but then I do have to work tomorrow. Talked to my Mom and sister. We all had a quiet Christmas this year. Not such a bad thing and it was nice not having to worry about going out in the bad weather.

I did get the house decorated and I must say after lighting a few candles last night, with the glow of the tree and the fireplace, it was really pretty. I was debating about just sitting in the recliner with a glass of wine, Christmas music playing and just enjoying the scene but I had already started streaming the movie so I may savor the scenery for tonight.

I guess I'm going to have to go out and help DH clear the snow. We had to have gotten at least 4 inches overnight. He went walking out in the woods yesterday - said the snow is 24 inches - 2 feet high so I'd have difficulty maneuvering (just like the poor turkeys). We have a lot of broken tree branches because the poor things have been stressed out with the heavy snow. But he did get some lovely pictures I have shared on FB.

Guess that's about it. I am wishing you all a very lovely day. Hope you are surrounded by love and family and friends and good things in your life. Merry Christmas my friends

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-25-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #204  

Merry Christmas to all my Worldly friends!

Happy - Thanks for the Mellie posts. That Ralph M. one was very nice. Your dinner sounds fantastic! My nephew that has a culinary degree is making dinner tonight, so I have high expectations! . We've been getting light snows lately, though the news folks like to make an inch or two sound like a blizzard.

Ceejay - people actually phone you on holidays wanting to know about trash pickup???!!! Huh. Hope it's quiet for you. Nice gifts!! Sorry your friend is in the hospital, but at least she's getting needed treatment.

Susie - I'm with you and the rest of us here about committing & re-committing to our weight loss goals for 2014!! Let's do it. I'm going to get back to exercise tomorrow with a visit to the gym.

Shad- Sounds like a holiday feast , but I can see how the hot humid weather could not mix with a heavy meal. Have some fizzy water to settle your belly.

Hi Annie!!

Michelle - How cool the BART station is right at your office door! Enjoy the rest of your holiday - nice you get the paid holidays.
####
Our Christmas Eve dinner with bf's mom was nice & tasty. We decided on ribs & baked corn casserole. Not light or healthy by any means, but we rarely have that casserole. And I did have green beans with it!!

We also lit our luminaria with rest of the block - so pretty!

I watched the news and part of a hallmark movie and that was it.

Today I watched the rest of the movie and then the 2 hour psych episode i dvr'd a while back. Got my dose of silliness, that's for sure.

been reading a bit while the eggs boiled. Now it's time to make the deviled eggs to bring for dinner. Better get at it.

I'll leave you all with my wish to you for peace, health, love & happiness on this holiday and through the New Year.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Work day today has been very quiet. I did have two call out's for sewer problems. No big deal, just hated to have to call the stand by man.
Just an update, my friend went to the ER. She's not in the hospital but at her sister's.
Boss and his wife just startled me coming up the stairs. They brought my Christmas dinner. I've eaten a piece of cake. Shame on me.
I'm with the rest of you on resetting my weigh loss goals. I need to do this form me.
I'll ride the bike tonight when I get home.

-----
Laura
Yes, they do call about garbage pick up even though it's been in the paper. A lot of us including myself don't buy this rinky dink paper for all the news is at least a week old.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-25-2013 at 04:58 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #206  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Hope you all had a good Christmas day, didn't eat too much or drink too much. And that you all got what you wanted or deserved from Santa.
I think I told you we had prawns and today I will cook scallops in a sauce meuniere - sort of butter and lemon juice. Probably I will get to eat most of them because DS1 is vegetarian, and M is a fussy eater but that's okay. It's not often I buy fresh scallops because they are so expensive. But they are just about the ultimate fast food - heat up the frypan to smoking, add a spray of oil and a dash of butter, pour in the scallops, toss once and pour out of the pan. About 3 minutes and they are done. They go with most things like bacon, lettuce, lemon or lime, rice, stir fry, risotto or paella. YUM.

Happy - the standing rib sounded so nice. I nearly came over for it, but I would have had to bring Miss S and that means her ma and da as well - and I don't think you would have appreciated that much.
Thanks for the Mel thought. I hope Jen and Richie are doing okay. I haven't heard from them. I did send my Christmas letter with a note. I wish I knew a phone number. I'd love to give them a ring.

Laura - sounds like you have had a nice quiet time. Guess the neighbourhood is looking pretty with all the lights. Definitely time to recommit to goals. I won't be back to exercise until I get back to Wellington on the 1st. So from the 2nd it will be all on again. I might redo half of that ABs exercise. Haven't got time for all of it, but some is okay.

Ceejay - glad to hear that they are not keeping you overly occupied at this time. A couple of calls must be a bit of a miracle. Usually the poor stand by bloke gets called out for stupid reasons often.

Michelle - enjoy the feast and company. For next year we recommit to our diets and exercise.

Annie - hope life is treating you with care and love. You do so much for others. Time to have them waiting on you for a change - and it gives you a chance to heal. Have fun surrounded by rubber balls and bubble wrap. No more falls for you this year.

Susie. Hope you have a great day with the family. Guess we will hear about it in time. I hope you can show us some pictures.

Okay - that's about it. We were supposed to do a lot of things today, but as per normal, there is little organisation and the time that should be used to achieve things (when S is asleep) is being used to watch some old rerun of Friends on tv. No wonder they say there isn't enough time in a day. DS1 gets to doing things and is currently taking a shower and a shave, bub is asleep. I'm deciding what to eat for lunch if we ever get to it. We may get to walk down to the beach today, but then again we may not. M is trying to push DS1 into spending his gift cards but he is wanting to do research on a few things first. A row may or may not be brewing. But whatever I will be getting some exercise today. I have an 'elimination' problem (I am trying to be polite and not upset Happy here) if I don't move, eat properly and drink enough. I haven't been doing too well on any of the above since I came over. It is probably to hot to go out in the midday sun just yet, but I will be moving along as soon as it starts to cool down.

Gotta go. Have fun and get on with life. You only live it once.

Last edited by Shad; 12-25-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #207  

Height: 5'7"

wave:Merry Christmas everyone. We had a very nice Christmas lunch with our friends who are like family. We do Christmas together every year. I took deviled eggs, a ham, rolls and cookies. My friend made baked beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and beef and noodles and a bananna cream pie.

We eat lunch at 1 then we watch movies and then have leftovers. It is always a relaxing time. The movies we watched today were The Heat and Superman.

I am so excited to see that we are all ready to get back on track with our weight loss. I think I am going to my Leslie Sansone walking dads the next few days before I get back to the Y and work gym. Also I am going to restart using my Fitness pal tomorrow. Is anyone else on My Fitness Pal.

Happy, it sounds as if you had a white Christmas. We had so much snow here all of December and it melted last week and we had no snow this week. I am not a big fan of it but it would have been nice to have a white Christmas.

Shad, did you get a walk in on the beach?

CJ I hope your friend is getting good care and back to good health. Did you ride the bike today

Laura, I love the Hallmark movies. Which one did you recently watch?

Hi Annie and Michelle !

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 12-25-2013 at 11:31 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #208  
Creating a Healthier Me

I just want to wish everyone a good, peaceful Christmas night.

I've got a bit more website work to do for the nonprofit (that really should've been done last weekend, but I was moving).

Much love to all,
Old 12-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #209  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone....

All and all it was a very enjoyable Christmas eve at my house with family and friends. Lil man got a little police car that makes all the noises of a police car. You would of thought that was the only gift he received. He carried it around all night. Dinner was chicken and noodles, mashed tators, greenbeans, salad, rolls, dressing (regular and oyster,bleh), apple pie and I made a sugar free banana split cake that no one could tell it was sugar free and all loved it. The only thing that might of had a bit of sugar was the graham crust on the bottom. Curtis was very generous to me with a digital video recorder, cookbook, gift cards, lottery scratch offs, and a few other things. The kids came through very nicely also. Yesterday C and I spent the day watching movies, taking naps and eating leftovers. Today back to work, and at the moment I am the only one here. Kind of eerie.

Glad everyone had a very nice holiday. I, too, am going to focus on this weight loss. It is getting rediculous.

Make it a great day all.

Loves and hugs..
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #210  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh and I forgot the big news. Samantha and Chris got engaged yesterday. He surprised her with the ring and question, of course she said yes. Five years later, a baby and one on the way, um yeah, it is time. I asked Chris how many boxes of crackerjacks he had to eat to get the ring, he said 5 years worth. lol.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote