3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks Remembering Melody at Christmas

Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #136
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happiness for today: I got gas for 2.94 a gallon this morning, granted I was not quite on empty, however the total cost was 27.88. Whew whooooooo!

I will be back later for personals.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #137
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Wooohoo is right. I paid 2.99 for it a couple of weeks ago in Blytheville.

Susie
Sorry to hear that you have a cold. I hate those things. I have chronic rhinitis/sinusitis.

---------
Nothing new. Finally my last day of work for this week. I've taken it easy at home and at work.
And by the way I did the downward dog last night, it's a small NSV for me. For exercise last night I did a DVD with Jillian from the Biggest Loser.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 12-18-2013 at 09:49 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #138

Morning all. Another Mel photo:

Shad - Congrats to you on the new grand-neph Isaac. Glad all is well now w/ your niece. Sorry to hear the power co is still hassling you. I'd be losing my temper too!! They better watch out!

Happy - How nice of you to look around and luckily spot that man's wedding ring.

Annie - Wow, nice price for the gasoline. I like that squirrel pic, LOL. We still have some of the little varmints in our yard digging around for forgotten acorns.

Ceejay - I'm not a coffee person either, though I do love the smell of the beans being ground! Whoo for your Friday today! Whoo for doing that downward dog!!

Susie - Sorry to hear you have a cold. Feel better soon! No, it wasn't my vow renewal. I have a long-term bf, but no husband. The couple that did the vow renewing are friends, one of whom goes way back to my HS days.

Michelle - Sorry you've been suffering the migraines. Not that you're going through anything stressful right now - just a job search and moving, LOL. Speaking of the move - that's gonna be quite a living arrangement!!
~~~~~
My WW weigh-in was not pretty, so I'm putting it behind me. I didn't remove my sweater or shoes for weigh-in and I'm kind of glad not to know how much of the gain was me and how much was my clothing, LOL. My scale at home was down a pound this morning, so that's a good sign. There are no ww meetings at our office for two weeks (because they fall on Christmas Eve & NYE, many people out on vacay), so I think I will seek out my own meetings those weeks just to keep myself accountable.

I finished the Christmas cards last night.

I haven't exercised in who knows how long, and I need it! We'll see about doing something tonight, either at home or at the gym.

Our building has a holiday breakfast buffet set up in our lobby today, so there were mobs of people down there. Okay, not mobs, but a LOT of people. I resisted the urge to get myself a breakfast sandwich, but only because I didn't want to wait in line for it.

This afternoon is our company's holiday party, at a restaurant a couple blocks from the office, 3-6 pm, nothing elaborate I'm guessing. I will go, but I don't plan to stay for all that long. I plan to catch my regular train home (at the latest).

TTFN Worldlies.

Last edited by Laura705 : 12-18-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #139
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Mellie Moment of the Day:

Can't Wait?

I KNOW I CAN'T!!!

How long 'til Christmas?

28 Days

13 Hours

46 Minutes

...But who's counting?

(Updated for today because that's how Mel would like it)

6 Days

12 Hours

28 Minutes
AND A HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!! GET THOSE GOALS READY!! JANUARY FIRST IS ON THE WAY!! GO! GO! GO!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #140
Do something hard today

Good morning everyone,

Nice sunny day out there today. That's nice - haven't seen Mr. Sun in a while. I worked the morning shift at the shop yesterday - it was really slow although I got a chance to chat with the pricing ladies whom I've not seen in a while. It did snow on and off and at one point there was a raging blizzard outside. It actually snowed about 2 inches in the span of 30 minutes. Then the cloud passed and it was light flurries after that. Don't know what that was all about but I'm glad it's done with.

Came home, did some things around the house and fixed an easy supper of BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) sandwiches. I added a little fresh avocado to mine. Yum.

My towels finally showed up this morning so I can finish the update of both baths. My foam roller also showed up today so DH and I will have to try it out to see if it rolls out the aches and pains. I told DH I hated the thing but had to admit that it did work.

Nothing exciting going on today - I have physical therapy late today. Going to ask the therapist about treating my seasonal vertigo. I had a big problem about 4 years ago and since then it comes back each winter and lasts all season long. I can't even lift my head up to look at something overhead without setting it off. Didn't think there was anything that could be done about it but there is something about crystals in your ear that communicate movement to the brain and if they get displaced, you get vertigo. Sometimes a therapist can manipulate them back where they belong and fix you. It's a worth a try instead of dealing with this for the next 5 months. I thought it was sinus related but it's not.

We have been having trouble with our cable - the dish is on the roof covered with snow but I think it's more the problems with the HD box. That seems to have crapped out and with it I lost a bunch of Christmas movies and some cooking shows I saved with recipes I wanted to write down. I'm glad I don't watch much tv right now - once you have a DVR to record shows, you kind of get used to it.

You asked about the Christmas tree Laura. The older cat is ignoring it after one initial curious sniff but the younger cat seems fascinated by it. Especially when I turn the lights on - they randomly twinkle. She sits and stares at it. She is also curious about the water in the tree stand. I really don't want her drinking out of it. Haven't caught her yet but she sniffs it. I purposely didn't put lights and ornaments on the lowest branches and she seems to pay no mind to that thank goodness!

Mel - I remember how excited you were about Christmas and how we made it a game to sneak in the C word so that Shad would not notice (she always did but often said nothing ) I hope you are in charge of keeping the countdown clock running up there in heaven and that you are helping the seniors with their Christmas craft wreaths. Hopefully the angels can handle the clean up.

Laura - good on yah for passing up the tempting breakfast buffet this morning. I'm sure it smelled great. Have a nice time at your office party. It's been so long since I've been to one that I barely remember them. Most of the places I've worked in the last 15 years have eliminated or severely cut them back due to budgets so it's nice to hear that you still have one. I like your graphic from today although Annie may not I certainly hope you don't get rain to melt all the snow away for Christmas - it can rain 2 days after. Bummer on the weigh in but this time of year it's hard to avoid all the temptations. Just eat as clean as you can and enjoy an occasional treat, then back on the wagon January 1 for sure.

Ceejay - congrats on getting the downward dog move! I ordered a new yoga mat and sticky socks for my Christmas present. Looking forward to them. Let me know which were the good YouTube yoga videos please. Are you stuck working the holidays or will you have some time off? Glad you got the internet back at work.

Susie - sent you a PM last night. It was late, I was typing fast - hope it covered what it needed to! Hope you are feeling better today. Hate those Christmas colds!

Annie - crikey - gas under 3 bucks a gallon??? Been a long time. That almost calls for a road trip

Michelle - hope your migraine eased up. Your living arrangements remind me of a current TV show on the Fox channel - New Girl. Zoey Deschanel found out her long time live in BF was cheating on her so she moved out and took a spot with 3 guys in a loft. They are interesting characters. It's actually one of my favorite shows. I look forward to your "adventures".

Shaddie - where you been? Hope you are just busy and not way locked up for threatening the silly folks at the power company billing services

Ok, let me get busy before the day runs away from me.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #141

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Nah, not locked up. The men in white coats haven't come to take me away either. We're good. The Ombudsman has sent the power company a directive and given them 20 days to respond. Like a lot of places that sound good, they really don't have that much teeth so we shall see. The power company have bought another power company out, one that the DS2 was using and now my power company have decided, that with the name being the same or similar and the 2 addresses interwoven in their history, they will bung the two power bills together. Nice one. Since the Ombudsman will want to talk with me soon, I will need to get my spreadsheet up to date to prove that the power company sucks at maths. That's tonights job.

The new wee family addition seems to be thriving. His father is delirious. His Mum has had to have a couple of blood transfusions and isn't feeling the best but they think they might be home today. I'm hoping to catch up with them over the weekend and see I for myself. I'm trying not to get in my sisters way while she is bonding with the new one. I know I do tend to take over once in a while. My sis invited me to go to the hospital with her, but it was her turn to shine in the grandma role - or ayah as she prefers to be called, not mine. She said she didn't mind if I came, but I decided no anyway.

Mel on the last day of 2007
NAE~ I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE. NEW YEAR'S BLESSINGS BACK TO YOU! HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND HAVE FUN!! WE'RE GOING TO GET HEALTHY THIS YEAR IF IT KILLS US! JOIN THE FUN! ALSO, GOOD LUCK WITH THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUTH...IF YOU HAVE THAT MUCH TO DRINK....THEN MAYBE YOU CAN CHANGE THE PERSUASION OF ONE OF THE 3! AT LEAST IT WOULD BE FUN TRYING!!

CEEJAY~ GLAD YOU BOUGHT THE BOOK. I SOMETIMES READ FROM PAGE 21 ONWARD TO GET MYSELF MOTIVATED FOR CHANGES....BOTH PAST AND PRESENT. I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY AND FEEL LIKE I CAN READ BETWEEN THE LINES...HOPE THAT MADE SENSE! ENJOY THE READING. I'M HAVING CHICKEN.....DOES THAT MEAN I'M GETTING FEATHERS FOR 2008? OR JUST PLAIN OL' CHICKEN POOP!!
SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO THE GRANDFATHER.

CARLA.... I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE BACK. ONE THING I DO LOVE ARE LIDODERM PATCHES BUT THEY NEED SCRIPTS TOO. NEXT TIME YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR ASK FOR ONE. THEY STORE EASY, LAST A LONG TIME ON THE SHELF AND NUMB THE CRAP OUT OF MY BACK. I LOVE THEM I PUT ONE ON OR CUT IT IN HALF AND STICK BOTH PIECES ON, THEN WRAP UP IN A BLANKIE AND JUST WAIT! THEY DON'T STICK VERY WELL TO MY SKIN IF I MOVE AROUND A LOT BUT THEN IF I CAN MOVE .... I DON'T NEED THE PATCHES HUH??? HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF.

I JUST TOOK A LUKEWARM SHOWER. NOT NICE AT ALL. BUT THERE MIGHT NOT BE TIME BEFORE THE WORKMEN COME IN THE A.M. I JUST HEARD THERE WILL BE NO BOSSES AT ALL AND ONLY US WORKERBEES...I DID WARN EVERYONE THAT I WILL GET THEM STARTED, STICK A MAINTENANCE MAN WITH THEM AND THEN LEAVE. THEY CAN CALL ME ON THE RADIO. I'M ONLY UP ONE FLIGHT OF STAIRS!! NOT LIKE I'M MILES AWAY!! THEY CAN EITHER RUN UP OR I'LL RIDE DOWN.
HOLIDAY MENU: BROILED CHICKEN BREASTS, MASHED YAMS, STUFFING, SPINACH AND A WEE BIT OF CRANBERRY SAUCE. THE STUFFING AND YAMS ARE COUNTRY CROCK SIDE DISHES ALREADY PREPARED. SO NOT MUCH COOKING AT ALL AND JEN, RICHIE AND I CAN EAT WITH NO FUSS OR MUSS.
BETTER GET READY TO LIE DOWN. FANNY IS TIRED TODAY. EVER HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHERE YOU GET TIRED SITTING?
SWEET DREAMS TO ALL THE CHICKS HERE!!

Not sure of the book that she referred to with Ceejay, but the 3 guys Ruth was entertaining were gay and she had decided not to wear her pearls, velvet or cleavage in case one or more might get jealous. I do love the zany humour round here at times.

As some of you know, we have had some earthquakes in NZ over the past couple of years. Wellington has had it's fair share as well and some of the buildings have not stood up to code as well as they should. I might add here, that all the buildings, built since WW11 which have been subjected to the strictest building codes anywhere are still standing hale and hearty. Those built before 1926 when the first building codes came into force are at about a 50/50 split. BUT since they relaxed some of the codes 10-15 years back and buildings have gone up practically overnight, I am amazed at the number that are being declared non-NBS (New building standard). I'm afraid $$$$$$ and developers and councils and greed are out in the community alive and well. The building we are currently in was declared 75% NBS but they have now declared the stairwells to be only 40% compliant. The rating goes on the lowest grading so we are obliged to move out to somewhere else. So when I get back from leave, we will be off to another place somewhere in the City. Such fun.

Today half the team will be disappearing off to various parts of NZ and Aus to have Christmas with the families. Friday (tomorrow) is the last day of work until the 6th of January. And I am off on Monday to Adelaide. Have no idea if I will have access to anything in Adelaide, but with a family of technophobes in the house I am sure I will be able to wangle some sort of communication. I did put email on my aussie phone, but for some reason or other, it worked for a while, then stopped. Not sure why. Will have to get the son and heir onto it in Adelaide.

Okay, better go do something for which I will be paid. I'll be back with personals as able.

Last edited by Shad : 12-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #142

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Okay, just one more Mel v Happy joke

Happy - I have the original set of Leslie's WATP - 1, 2 and I think 4 miles. Have some other one that is a speed walk I think but I never opened it. Got one that you use some weighted balls with (ok Mel, calm yourself down I can just HEAR the comments ) Anyway I was just wondering if the various videos were much different from one another. I liked the original set, it's a good kick start.

Mel - WEIGHTED BALLS HAPPY? NEVER HEARD OF THEM BUT I HAVE WAITED FOR A FEW BALLS IN MY NOT SO MORAL LIFETIME!!

Last edited by Shad : 12-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #143
Annie - Indiana

Ok...so Sis and lil man came up for lunch. We went to Kohl's, not a cart to be found, lines 30 people deep and just insane. After walking around for about 10 minutes, lil man says, "find a cart, Nanna". I about fell over laughing, guess he was over shopping and wanted to ride in a cart. Of course this was after we had just left Target. Target was not crowded at all, in and out.

So I am sitting at my desk and bend over to pick a pen up off the floor, low and behold, my nose started bleeding. I went through about a 1/3 box of tissues. We even sleep with a humidifer (cold mist) in our bedroom. Go figure.

HAPPY....glad the kitties are not really bothering the tree. It could be disasterous. We have sun today also, but it is still colder than the North Pole. Rain coming on Friday to get rid of all this stuff. What did PT say about your vertigo?

LAURA...it is awful hard to eat right and exercise during the holidays. Don't be too hard on yourself. You do a great job usually.

CHELLE...how's the head? What decisions, if any, have you made?

SUSIE...hope you are feeling better.

SHADDIE...do you need bail money?

CEEG...lucky you this is your Friday. Enjoy your time off.

Bout it for me....have a wonderful day/night

Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #144
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Yipee ki yo ki ya I'm galloping all the way home tonight for three days off and I don't have a lot of things to do but relax.
I can't remember which book I bought. At that time I was buying all kinds of diet books. Read through them and that was it.
We had our evaluations today and I passed with in the 90-100% range and got a raise. Wasn't expecting one this good but I'll take it.
The well that pooped out on us Sunday did it again today but it's back online. Hopefully this time it want go out on us again.

Happy
I'll look through the yoga video's on you tube tonight to see which one I thought I would like. Believe me none of them are easy.

Shad
Hmmm the electric company should have phone you to verify that was not your bill but you son's bill. That's one part of my job I dearly hate. And last night I had three people to call for reconnects. ugh wish they had a different set up than this.

Annie
I try to stay out of the stores until after Christmas. It gives me claustrophobia
with that many people in there. Your gs is the cutest thing. But he did good after walking for 30 minutes. Or were you holding him?

Michelle
It may be the stress of the move that's causing your headache. I'm anxious to hear about your life with three men in the house.

More later.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 12-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #145
Annie - Indiana

Ok the test results are in for my cousin Brandi. They are not good.

Well.....the diagnosis came back from Mayo Clinic. They are not the results we were hoping for but there are answers. The diagnosis is lung cancer. They have always known there is cancer in her lungs, they just thought it came from somewhere else. Now they are saying the primary is the lungs. It has also spread to her lymph nodes. They are still running tests to determine the best course of treatment, whether it is chemo through an IV or chemo in the form of a pill. The prognosis is not what we were hoping to hear either. They are saying, without treatment, 4-9 months. With treatment, 1-2 1/2 years. I know Brandi, and I know she doesn't care what the doctors say, she be around as long as we can all stand her. Pray hard, pray often! Brandi is one strong chic and is still ready to fight this head on.

Just thought we would have better results. A sad day.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #146

Mel memory: Hope this isn't too small. Thought it would be nicer to show the screen shot of the whole post than just the two pics.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #147
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick post for me to let you all know I'm still here. I'm getting things ready to move in with D this weekend. The website work I'm doing "part-time" for the nonprofit is keeping me busy too.

Annie - I'm saying prayers for Brandi and for your brother...and for you, my dear sista.

Laura - Thanks for the sharing the Mel post. Brought a smile to my face.

Shad - Thanks for sharing the Mel joke!

Ceejay - Congratulations on your evaluation and your raise! Enjoy your 3 days off!

Happy - Seasonal vertigo? Wow. That's different. I wonder if it's because of all the use of heaters and the dry air drying up the inner ear. Just a guess as I'm not a doctor, and I don't even play one on TV. Hang in there, my friend.

to Susie.

Much love and many hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #148
Do something hard today

Morning chicks,

It's sunny AND snowing right now. Crazy place I live in. I'm waiting for some thunder snow myself. DH measured what we've gotten so far from the trailer out back. 20 inches. It pretty much has snowed every day - some days a few inches, others like today - flurries that blow about like dust bunnies.

I'm working the shop today. The regular morning lady is not coming in today or next week. I will go in about an hour earlier but that's it - not working all day. They didn't even send an email out asking someone to cover so don't know what's up with that. We have a bunch of cute Christmas stuff - much of which is very gently used and some new in the package. They talked about running a sale - hope they decided - doesn't make sense to repack the stuff after next week and take up valuable shelf space in storage. Animals gotta eat no matter what so even a dollar in the till is good.

Shad - when you say you are moving - is this the office space? I certainly hope you don't have to move your living quarters AGAIN. I can understand about the earthquakes and the politics of compliant / non compliancy. After all you've had quakes there recently. And big rumblers too. I was nervous in Memphis because building 1 that we were in was not as earthquake compliant as the other 3 that were were built later in the complex. Was glad when we moved. And then I moved to a single story warehouse in the ghetto which was actually the least safe for many reasons - tornadoes AND hoodlums in the area I am glad you will get to see the new greatnephew over the holidays. Will you be swinging through to see DS1 is it and S also? Nice of you to give your Sis her shining moment as new Grandmum. I laughed a lot at your weighted balls comment - that was SOOOO Mel. I wonder if she's still chasing firemen or is she peeking up the angels dresses????

Annie - I'm very sorry to hear about the diagnosis for your cousin. Not encouraging at all - but there is always a strong spirit and the power of prayer. I wish her the best. Very sad as she is young and still full of life to be lived. As for the nose bleeds - the skin inside the nose is thin from what I understand. A saline spray will also help. While you use a humidifier at home, the office air is famous for being dry and full of irritants. My nose is dry too. I talked to the physical therapist about the vertigo. They are faxing a request for treatment to my doctor so I won't have to wait weeks for an appointment. He got a model of the ear and explained it to me. Deep inside the ear canal you have a trumpet like tube - think of a morning glory flower. That tube has tiny hairs and on those hairs rest crystals which adhere to the hairs. Those signal movement to the brain and control equilibrium. Sometimes those crystals get knocked off the hairs and settle into narrow canals. When they move, you get that wave of dizziness that is classic vertigo. The treatment takes just a couple of minutes and involves them rotating your head in such a manner to reposition the crystals out of the narrow canal and back to the trumpet like thing where they belong. Look at it like those games where there was a device sealed and filled with water and some plastic rings and you have to shake the game back and forth to move the rings in the water to a bay or small stick inside the toy itself. Or like shaking a snow globe to get those sometimes random pieces of snow away from where they don't belong. He gave me a good write up about this, including what they do so if this works and the crystals move again (which they seem to do occasionally), I can try slow spinning myself back into position. Either that or I can have DH roll me around on the carpet

Ceejay - I totally get your reluctance to be in the stores around this time of the year. People are mad, car doors get dinged and I always found this was the best time of year to catch a bad cold because sick or not, people are all out shopping and spreading their germs. Enjoy your days off. What are you going to do?

Laura - loved the Mel graphic today. That's a Terry Redlin photo with the snowman - one of the most popular Christmas tins sold at the popcorn shop last year.

Hello to the rest of the Worldlies. I need to get ready to head out so will be back to check in later.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #149
Do something hard today

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyana View Post
Just a guess as I'm not a doctor, and I don't even play one on TV. Hang in there, my friend.
Ah you made me laugh out loud today Michelle Great comment. Good luck with the move this weekend. Be careful with your back. Did Santa pass his temperament evaluation? Have you heard back about your background check yet?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #150

Morning all. Nothing much to report. The holiday party for work was nice. I pretty much planted myself in a booth with a glass of wine, and my two co-workers seemed content to sit with me. I didn't get up to get anything from the buffets, which was appetizer type stuff, but I did have a few things being offered by servers going around with platters. Our admin skipped lunch, but then nothing being served appealed to her. Oops.

I did a load of laundry and one BE workout last night.

That was about it.
===
Annie - So sorry to hear that your cousin's diagnosis wasn't better. I was hoping that perhaps the cancer did come from somewhere else and maybe was a more treatable one. Having lost my dad and my oldest sibling to lung cancer, I know it's not as successfully treatable as others. But your cousin has her age going for her and intends to fight it all the way, that'll definitely help her. ---- Kohl's sounded like a nightmare. Glad you were with the li'l guy - kept you in good spirits. Better check your credit/debit card activity - I heard Target had a data breach. ---Re the nosebleed - when we were staying at the hotel over last weekend it was soooo dry - our skin was dry and itchy. We were glad to get back home to our whole house humidifier.

Shad - I hope the Om....man has an impact and can help get things straightened out with your power bills. Glad to hear the new kid is thriving, and I hope your niece is now 100% and back home. Thanks for more of the Mel posts. I hope the new work location isn't too inconvenient for you. Then again, a non-compliant building would be much more inconvenient (to say the least) should it give way while you're in it!!!

Happy - Love the countdown you re-posted and updated. Yikes! Where did the time go. With this late Thanksgiving, it sure snuck up on me. Hope your PT went well and that they could do something with your vertigo. Never heard of a seasonal variety. Bf's aunt has positional vertigo issues, and I think bf gets some of that too, though he also has inner ear issues that might be part of it. Glad the kitties aren't messing with the tree much. I'm sure you don't want to deal with a toppled tree...I'm ashamed to report that we haven't put up our tree yet!! I think bf finally gets that I prefer a skinnier tree, and I guess he's no longer thrilled with the prospect of trying to cram our big fat existing tree through our attic access opening twice a year. This year, I think I'll use my first ever tree of my own - a compact little 4-footer. To raise it up so we can see it from where it sits in the corner behind an easy chair, we sit it on top of a piece of plywood that in turn sits on top of a little tray table (both covered with a green sheet and a tree skirt). I might do that tonight.

Ceejay - I'm also interested in the yoga videos you like, looking forward to the title or link for them. Congrats on the good performance review and double congrats on the good raise!! Enjoy your days off!! I even had Monday off work and the week is still dragging for me.

Michelle - You're one busy gal. Don't get too run off your feet!

Hi Susie!!

Back to it!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.