3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #64 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/289717-steel-magnolias-64-a.html)

Maggie 11-19-2013 05:56 PM

Titilating Tuesday

GOOD NOVEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a windy day in the high 50°s here in the ♥-Land and feels quite chilly. I will get some house cleaning this afternoon for it is just too windy to go out to the range and pop a few caps. Will got me a S&W 22 for my birthday and it is a very low number and in new shape.

Our Cree-off road lights, that go on the top of the front bumper above the wench, came today and we have an appointment to have them installed (wired) on Friday. There is a dash switch inside the jeep that we don’t use because it is for a back window washer for a glass window and we have a rag top so we have it disconnected. They can wire the lights to that switch in dash board. They are super bright lights that can be tilted up into the sky or down on the road or right or left or straight ahead. The kid installing them said he is going to order that same kind of lights for his vehicle and asked where we got ours. They will certainly come in handy when we are driving at night on a lonely road up high in the mountains or elsewhere off road or on a lonely one anywhere for that matter. Having them so handily near to switch off when or if we meet any oncoming vehicle is a plus. Usually we haven’t met oncoming traffic in those places but you just never know and we certainly need to be prepared to be courteous and not blind the oncoming driver.

I have a meatloaf all mixed up and in its pan in the oven. For the last 15 minutes of cooking I paint the top with a mixture of catsup and Splenda® brown sugar mix. I look forward to the leftovers because we both love meat loaf sandwiches. I haven’t yet decided what veggies I am going to serve with it for dinner. I think I will give Will the chance to choose when he gets out of the shower.

JEAN What kind of casserole was it? Lots of times casseroles are better when they are warmed up another day. Seems like our weather is alike with the wind. I sure use a lot of hair spray. :p Isn't it funny how all men (or most anyway) save change. I am sure glad our bank counts it for us. I am sure banks have found worse things than a washer in the coins so don't feel so bad. If you were a fly on the wall at your bank I imagine there were lots of odd things in with the coins to be counted. We bought a fresh turkey breast for Thanksgiving and I am going to peel the skin back and lavish the meat with a spice mix then put the skin back on and bake it. If it isn't windy Will may do in on the Barbie. What are your plans?

DONNA FAYE I got a kick about your dreams ~ you even clean in them. Graceous sakes girlfriend. :D I am so sure those folks will love those items you are knitting for them. Hand made items make such lovely gifts. I have a wonderful throw an elder lady made for me. She is a person that I remember from when I was 5 years old who always gave me a treat when I visited her. It was half an orange that had been cut with a tad sprinkle of salt on it to bring out the juice. She is still alive and just as nice as ever. She and her family lived on the base when we did years back.

SUSAN What has been occupying your time my friend? :wave:

Have a great afternoon/evening my Magnolias. :wave:
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.

gma22 11-20-2013 07:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Good morning all. When it rains it pours at this house. We have a possible big time plumbing problem. I got up at midnight and went to the bathroom downstairs and the toilet tried to overflow. I plunged it several times, but it acted partially blocked. Jack went upstairs and flushed the hall toilet and it leaked through the ceiling. Bad time for expensive repairs for sure. :(

I have his socks and my niece's hat both done. The socks look brown but are actually different colors of gray. The pattern for the hat is called running in circles and she said she loves hot pick so I gave her hot pink. She has a black coat so it should look good

Jean: No, we just fixed a couple steaks here at home. I am trying not to eat out much. We have been married 41 years. I married Jack just a few months after graduating high school, but I was 19 when we got married. I try to just do one load of dishes a day, but then I don't have anyone popping in for lunch either. I don't like a lot of pasta casseroles reheated unless they are heartier type pasta like the tube style or the larger shells. Hope the second time around it is better.

Maggie: Sounds like the jeep is going to be super duper when it is all done. Congrats on the loss! :carrot: We are going to a big buffet that the fancy pants Holiday Inn has here every year. We went last year and the food is really good.

Well girls, gotta go and see if I can get this toilet issue fixed. Have a good middle of the week. Faye

Jean 11-20-2013 11:33 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is barely peeking through the cloud cover and the wind is blowing worse than yesterday if that's possible. Snow is predicted for later this afternoon and tonight. :( I have a roast cooking and have been playing games on the iPad. I should never start that until I have my chores done first! :rolleyes:

Maggie -- What all do you put in your meatloaf? I have probably asked you before; I've tried many different recipes but none match my mom's meatloaf. :no: The casserole was hamburger, onion, and green pepper with a jar of pizza sauce mixed in. Noodles, cooked, Cheddar cheese, and Mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. You layer half of each and baked long enough to melt the cheese assuming it was still hot from the stove. I thought it was kind of dry and not a whole lot of flavor. Bob doesn't like to carry change as he says it pulls his pants down. He has no bu** and is always hitching his pants up. I told him I was going to get him suspenders for Christmas and I just might! I remember his dad wearing them but mine never did.

"Gma" -- I sure hope your plumbing isn't a major fix and expense for you. :crossed: When we met in Hawaii on R & R, we went to a Don Ho show where he asked how many couples were celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. One couple close by had been married 25 years and I thought that was a lifetime since we'd only been married a year. Now I think about 46 years together and wonder where the time went. I saw the hat on FB and love the design and color. Thomas will love the socks, I'm sure, because you made them.

I am dressed and ready for the day, but need to work on sorting clothes. I'm trying to keep my capris and t-shirts packed away together so I don't have to do a panic hunt when I need them in February. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday, some sunshine, and no wind! :wave:

QuilterInVA 11-20-2013 12:24 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! A chilly 48 degrees today - but we are supposed to hit 70 on Sunday. Pass the tissues - this weather is going to make everyone sick!

I've been to the Y this morning and have my library bee this evening and Ladies of the evening tomorrow. I need to get some time to address Christmas cards soon!

Faye, I hope your plumbing issues can be resolved without having to spend too much $$$. It seems like it costs so much to get anything done anymore.
I love the hat! and I'm sure Thomas will like his socks, too.

Jean, are you thinking about nice red fireman suspenders? How nice to have Hawaii to go to in February. It'll be here before you know it. That casserole sounds just like a low carb recipe I have only we don't use noodles.

Maggie, that jeep is sure going to be tricked out and stylish! Do you make your own spice rub for the turkey or do use a prepared one?

Have a wonderful day!

Maggie 11-20-2013 01:51 PM

Wonderful Wednesday

It is currently 55°s with SW wind at 9 mph and 53% humidity. It is the humidity that I don’t like at all and never did get used to it when living in TN. :no: Not much going on this day. I did receive my two new crocks to store my cooking utensils in and they have a divided crock thing that has 3 compartments that do come out if you desire. I got a red one and a blue one and have them both filled now. :lol: Wooden type things in one and metal in the other. I have pulled out a few things that I will put in the motor-home in a drawer. Will got his new coffee pot and we will see how it performs.

JEAN Every time I make a meatloaf I make it different for I don’t follow a recipe but here is what I put in the one I made yesterday and it was excellent we both thought.

MEATLOAF a la MAGGIE
Chop up into small pieces and mix together in a large bowl:
½ of a yellow onion
Several celery stalks
Several little carrots
Mushrooms
Add and mix together thoroughly:
Catsup
One whole egg, beaten
A cup of bread crumbs
1 packet dry onion soup
Freshly ground black pepper
Worchester Sauce
Onion powder
Italian seasonings
2# lean sirloin burger
3 hot Italian sausage lengths (casings removed)
Place all in a meatloaf pan making the top flat
Bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes in a 375° oven
Paint the top of the meatloaf with a mixture of catsup and Splenda Brown™
Continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.

SUSAN I have a dry rub mix which I have named:
Will’s Rub since he does the smoking in the Barbie.
Rub it on @ 2 hours before smoking or cooking it in the oven.
¼ cup paprika
⅔ cup chili powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground dry mustard
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
2 Tbsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 cup packed brown sugar (I use Splenda®Brown)
I pull back the skin on the turkey breast and cover it with the mix then put the skin back on and cook it either in the house or on the Barbie. There is enough mix to use at a later time and it stores well.

DONNA FAYE Hopefully your repairs aren't too spendy and not a major problem. Your knitting projects are good as usual. Sounds like the Holiday Inn there puts on a go to event that is worth going to. Enjoy!

Have a great afternoon/evening my Magnolia friends. :wave:

Maggie 11-21-2013 12:26 PM

Chilly Thursday

GOOD NOVEMBER MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a chilly day here in the ♥-Land this day with the current temperature at 26°F as a low and 33°F as the expected high with light snow and the ever present wind. It is good that we have a well working furnace here in this house and I am so very thankful for that.

The animals are all staying inside this day where it is nice and warm. They have all visited me here in my office and gotten their morning “good boy” treats and now are back in the front room snoozing. Cecil comes with them for a treat and it cracks me up when they all three are sitting by my desk lined up looking at me expectantly. What a crew. They all get two treats from me each day ~ morning and evening. Will gives them some during the day. They have clocks in them for they all show up at the same time for their treats. We give them the kind that the first ingredient is beef or the all beef or chicken kind. They love those little hotdog looking things that are crunchy on the outside and yummy beef on the inside. I guess it is yummy but I haven’t tasted them. All beef can mean anything on a cow including the hooves but it is all cooked at 700° or higher.

We ended up going out to I-Hop after class last evening and a Doctor friend of ours joined us and we had a good time talking and laughing. He had just come from the hospital where he had delivered two babies by C section back to back and wanted a big breakfast. I had a RB sand and brought half of it home and will have it for lunch. We will do the meatloaf re-run this evening in sandwiches. I made a lovely fruit salad with fresh pineapple in it which will be good with sandwiches. Will left earlier than usual this day for the museum for he had some errands to run before his time there. I did not want to get out in that weather to go with him to run those errands. :no: I didn’t want to get out of bed either today for it was so cozy but I got up anyway. :lol:

Have a great day my Magnolia friends. :wave:

gma22 11-21-2013 03:29 PM

Good afternoon gals. All done at the PEM meeting. Thank goodness Tricare Prime allows new meds and such. I got the Freestyle meter, which is easy to use and only needs small amount of blood. I had to do a practice run and stuck myself, did my meter and got results and looked down and my hand was covered in blood. My finger was bleeding like crazy just from a little stick. I only have to check my blood sugar once a day and I will be taking an oral med twice a day and I have one of the new insulin pens so no syringes. I ask tons of questions as did Jack and I am so glad he went. It is really overwhelming to have to know how to do all these new things and such. They will call and check on my progress a couple times next week then I have to go back in 3 weeks from now. They are happy with my diet and such, which is good.

Tomorrow is Christmas shopping for the little guy after my appt with the gyn. I have decided I am going to demand the first of next year I have a hysterectomy. I am done going through this. I have to wait because Jack has no more vacation days. He took his last one today to go with me. I can wait that long.

My hands are freezing today for some reason. Jack will grab my hand when we are sitting in the recliner and his hands are always so toasty. I have lost a lot of weight in my fingers so maybe that is why they are cold.

Jean: The casserole doesn't sound bad, maybe it just needs something more liquid to keep it from being dry maybe more pizza sauce. Except for it being dry did it taste good??? I like bell pepper in my meatloaf but Jack doesn't so mine is gr sirloin, ketchup, br sugar, onion, bread crumbs and egg, mix and bake. Hope you aren't going to get a lot of snow.

Susan: Yay for one thing. Jack unplugged the downstairs toilet and that made the upstairs one work fine so no expensive plumber!! We are joining YMCA a week from tomorrow. We are waiting because they do an auto pay for the 1st and the 15th and I want them to charge my bank account on the first instead of the 15th. I am looking forward to the pool :dance: I think I would like to try a stationary type bike maybe. I am looking forward to it.

Maggie: The dogs have the right idea. Stay inside and stay warm. Have you started on your museum project??? Ok, I want your very best sugar free dessert. I am not a big cake person, but whatever you think is the best tasting dessert send me the recipe. I want something for the holidays.

Well gals, gotta go pick up my meds. Even with Tricare it is going to cost us nearly $100 :( Have a lovely weekend. Faye

Maggie 11-21-2013 06:33 PM

Back with a recipe

GOOD NOVEMBER EVENING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

DONNA FAYE I love lemons and this is one of our favorite holiday desserts ~ it may sound involved and complicated but it is really easy and well worth the making. If you or your husband doesn’t care for lemon desserts then let me know what kind would suit you and I will type it out for you for I have lots of good tasting others .

COLD LEMON SOUFFLES
8 servings ~ 5 P+ per serving
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
¼ cup water
1½ cups Splenda® measures like sugar
1 cup grated lemon zest (about 3 large lemons)
6 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
¾ cup + 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
¼ teaspoons salt
2 cups fat-free sour cream
Blueberry sauce, optional for topping

1. Wrap a folded strip of aluminum foil around each of eight 6-ounce soufflé dishes to form a collar that stands 2 inches above the rims; secure with tape. Spray the insides of the dishes and foil with nonstick spray.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small bowl. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Place the bowl in a larger bowl of hot water and stir until the gelatin is complete dissolved.
3. Put one cup of the Splenda® and the lemon zest in a food processor; pulse until finely ground. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the egg yolks, lemon-Splenda® mixture, lemon juice, and salt in a deep large bowl until combined. Fill a medium saucepan with about 1½ inches of water and bring almost to a simmer over medium-low heat, Set the bowl with the egg yolk mixture over the saucepan and beat until very thick and pale or 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 15 minutes. Remove the bowl from the saucepan. Add the gelatin mixture and beat until the mixture comes to room temperature; set aside.
4. With clean beaters and the mixer on medium speed, beat the egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Increase the speed to medium-high. Beat in the remaining ½ cup Splenda®, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff.
5. Beat the sour cream on medium-high speed in a medium bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Place the bowl containing the egg yolk mixture in a larger bowl filled with ice water and whisk just until the mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in the sour cream, then the beaten egg whites just until no white streaks remain. Divide evenly among the soufflé dishes; smooth the tops. Refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 3 hours or up to overnight. Remove the collars and serve at once with blueberry sauce (if using).

BLUEBERRY SAUCE
Makes 6 ~ ¼ cup servings ~ 1 P+ a serving
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water
Pinch salt
Pinch cinnamon (optional)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Combine the blueberries, sugar, water, salt, and cinnamon (if using) in a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries soften and the mixture forms a sauce, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve at once, or let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate in a covered container up to 1 week. Just before using, shake the sauce well and serve chilled or gently reheated.

Have a great evening my friend. :wave:

Jean 11-22-2013 10:10 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, it's 7 degrees but "feels" like -4! I'm dressed and have had coffee, tried to solve a puzzle on the iPad (no luck), and need to get some laundry going. We are heading to Sioux Falls tomorrow morning for Ian's birthday party. Bob's hometown church ladies make peanut brittle so will stop and pick that up, then on to Beth's and pick them up on our way. Will is still working Saturdays so can't go with us. :(

Susan -- I did pick up some Christmas stamps so now to find the cards I bought on sale last year. I do know which cupboard they are in! :cp: I was thinking I would try and find some Oliver (tractor) suspenders for Bob. I doubt he will wear them but it will be good for a laugh. What do you use in a casserole instead of noodles, to keep it low carb?

Maggie -- Thanks for sharing your meatloaf creation! I've never heard of anyone putting celery and carrots in meatloaf. I really like leftover meatloaf in sandwiches :T while Bob warms his like the first time around. You mentioned the fur people staying inside; usually Sonny is glued to the sliding doors but he must sense it is colder outside since he is aways back, on the rug looking out. I'm on a mission to catch the deck cat; the guy came to see her and thinks it is the last one I gave him but I don't think so. I will take her to the vet to find out if she is or isn't. He will take her regardless.

"Gma" -- I hope the oral meds will work for you! :crossed: It was good that Jack could go with you, four ears are always better not to mention the moral support. Good luck with the appointment today! I have some small cans of V-8 juice and poured one over the leftover casserole. It spiced it up and it tasted better than the first time we had it. We got just a light dusting of snow last night. The driveway blew clear and Bob swept the deck for the birds, squirrels, and cats. Glad to hear the plumber won't be visiting you any time soon.

I need to get busy -- dust, and vacuum along with laundry since we won't be here most of tomorrow. There is only one service at church Sunday, with a catered meal. It's Consecration Sunday where the members are supposed to pledge money for the next year. Some do and lots don't. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday today! :wave:

gma22 11-22-2013 02:31 PM

Good afternoon ladies. I am back from the dr and though right now I am in a lot of pain, just have to ride it out. The new gyn did a biopsy (which is why I have a lot of pain right now) while I was in the office and after it comes back if all is copecetic, I will be having surgery after the first of the year. He thinks everything is ok enough to do laproscopic and if he gets in there and it isn't possible will then just do an incision hysterectomy. No one like surgery, but I just can't take this anymore. I feel like I have been more than patient.

I did my first injection of insulin last evening. It is really easy to do with the pen, but the needles are really, really small and when I went to put the safety cap on it so we could safely dispose it, I jabbed myself in the thumb! :lol: I started the oral meds this morning so am hoping in the next few days I can get my blood sugar back to normal.

Maggie: Thanks for the recipe it looks great!! I didn't think you could have good tasting sugar free desserts and such, but frankly I don't notice the difference. I am not eating a bunch of desserts regardless, but I have tasted some sugar free stuff and except for Jello pudding everything has been quite tasty.

Jean: Holy cow I can't believe it is that cold up there. We are getting a lot of rain, but it is supposedly in the 50's. I don't know, as I am cold! :lol: I love peanut brittle and have since I was a kid. I can actually get sugar free, but I am avoiding buying a bunch of sweets because I have to count them in my exchanges/calories and why waste your starches and fruit and fat in pie when you can have it in something else better for you.

Well, gotta run. Have a nice weekend. Tomorrow is haircut and color for me whooopeeee! :D Faye

Maggie 11-22-2013 02:45 PM

Freezing Friday

It is a chilly day of 33° as I type with a low expected of 23° when the day is done. I am happy to just stay inside this day as long as I can. After Will gets back we will most probably go visit the buffalo.

Will is down at the shop getting the Cree lights installed on the Jeep front bar. We are getting it all together piece by piece the way we want it set up. Next I think is getting a setup for the high lift jack to ride beside the tire on the back and a tow bar for the MH. It will be an easy one to match for the back bumper of the MH matches the front bumper of the Jeep without any drop or lift to have to be considered. The tow dolly we used to bring the Jeep home when we bought the MH wasn’t to our liking so we sold it. The way the Jeep is set up on the front with a wench it will work much better with a straight tow and not use a tow dolly which has the front two wheels off the road.

I just received a spreadsheet with my bro in law’s itinerary on his road trip and he will be with us Dec.7th 8th & 9th then off to CO on the 10th as his plan goes. He is making quite a road trip from Dec. 1 to Jan 4 visiting relatives all along the way through several states. He and my sister had 5 boys and they and their families are scattered throughout the states.

I don’t have a clue what I am going to fix for dinner. I think I will wait until Will gets home and let him have some input on what he may want. It is after one of the clock and I have not eaten anything yet. He probably won’t be back to around 2 or 2:30 which will give some meat time to thaw before dinner. Well, there is always the microwave thaw method. . .

JEAN OH you are in cold weather for sure. :o I have the proper clothing to be out in the cold but I don't like to bundle up but I do anyway. I hope you have a safe trip to Sioux Falls and have fun at the party. Homemade peanut brittle is so good ~ I haven't made any in years. Wonder how it would taste if it is made with a sugar substitute. It is nice you have found a home for your "deck cat." My mother always chopped up veggies to put in a meatloaf so I guess that is where I got it from. Chopped up fine that make a great addition to a loaf.

DONNA FAYE You will get used to that pen and not stab yourself. They can sure make tiny needles. I am sure you will feel so much better after you do have your female issues gone and in the past. I think I will look for a sugar free brittle recipe, surely I have one somewhere. :lol: Do you have Marlene Koch's book 375 Sensational Splenda Recipes? It has lots of good recipes in it that are low in sugar, fat and calories. I have had my copy since '06.

Maggie 11-23-2013 12:17 PM

Simply Saturday

GOOD NOVEMBER MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is another chilly day here in the ♥-Land with the temp at 26°s with a low of 15°s. My sleep last night kept being disturbed by the neighborhood dogs sounding off and getting our dogs to respond. Don’t have a clue what was in the alley to get them all going because it was too cold for me to get out of a nice warm bed to investigate. :lol: Probably just a skunk wandering through the neighborhood. Good thing that we shut that back door when it is so cold because our dogs would go out and probably get sprayed if the skunk was in our yard. We have a locking screen which is great in warm weather to be able to have the door open. The doggie door is in the locking screen bottom but the cold air does leak through the screen part at the top.

We have been looking for a rack that will carry a jerry can and a high lift jack and found that Smitty Built has just the one. It will mount on the rear spare tire rack along with the tire. There is a way to lock these things on so they can’t be stolen easily. Instead of wing nuts those locking nuts are great for one needs a special tool to get them off. We will have to remember to tell our insurance agent of our upgrades so they will be covered in our policy. :yes:

Will just left to go to a re-in-actors meeting and I imagine he will come home having been voted in as their Sheriff. The group re-in-acts different gun fights and other interesting happenings that have formed our western history times. There is quite a large number of folks that attend these functions and are interested in the history of what shaped our country. The folks that do the acting research their character and do their best to give a true performance of what transpired. Some of their performances have been filmed and used on TV on the history channel showing what really transpired in the old west. The way it really was and not what most movies have portrayed it to be. It is interesting just what the role was that prostitutes played in history times. There were ones that were nurses and school teachers and such. They did what they thought they needed to do to survive, I guess, for the times were tough. Will is doing some research on them for a friend that is an author and writing a book on the way the west was ~ really was ~ historically speaking. Ladies of the night and how they survived is quite an interesting part of our history.

Cecil is funny. He doesn’t use his butt hutt which sits in my office anymore so Will dumped a container of kitty litter in a bit of a hole in the back yard and that is his spot to do his business. I imagine when the snow flies and covers the yard he will be using his inside butt hutt once again and my job of scooping it clean each day will resume. I have left it sitting where it is because he jumps on it then onto his table where his food is. He is fed up there because otherwise the dogs would eat his food for he doesn’t eat it all in one setting.

Have a great day my Magnolia friends. :wave:

gma22 11-24-2013 06:28 AM

Good morning girls. It is freezing cold here this morning but at least no precipitation or driving will be a disaster to go to the commissary this morning. People here can't drive on dry, sunny roads let alone hazardous ones.

I was at the hair salon all morning then got home and had a bunch of chores so never did get in here. My hair looks cute again, my blood sugar this morning was in the normal range, I am not in pain at the moment so all is right with the world! :D

I told you back when I had my mammogram the lady didn't know what she was doing and sure enough. I got a referral from my doctor yesterday in the mail. I have to go back and have it done over. I just hope the woman I usually have does it so I don't have to go back a third time.

I hope I start losing weight again soon. I am trying to be patient knowing I probably have to adjust to my meds and such, but staying on plan and not seeing results is frustrating. I will just hang in there and I am sure it will right itself soon.

Maggie: I have an online account with Splenda, but haven't perused it in a long time so will have to go in and look and see. Like I said, I try and avoid having a lot of sweets for myself in the house, even SF ones so I don't eat them insted of what I am supposed to eat. Thanks for the info on the cookbook as I do not have that one. Do your dogs wear sweaters in the winter time?

Hi to Jean and Susan!!

You all have a nice Sunday. I am going to sit and knit until 7 then will fix my breakfast. Faye

Maggie 11-24-2013 03:48 PM

Snowey Sunday

It is snowing as I type but not hard but blowing. It wasn’t in the forecast so I guess it won’t amount to anything anyway. It is 32° and chilly for sure.

We went to lunch with a doctor friend again today and I had my favorite shrimp cooked on the Barbie with half a baked sweet potato that I only put some cinnamon on and a salad that I dipped my fork in but at it mostly dry. My meal was delicious and OP.

Not much going on here this day but church services. We will be going out to Applebee’s for dinner afterward and I can choose something yummy off their menu with the WW designation and stay OP.

DONNA FAYE No our dogs don’t wear sweaters. We had one long ago for Ragg Mopp for he looked so cute in it when he was a puppy but the cat at the time kept taking it off of him. I am sure they don’t need them for they are perfectly warm in their skin. They know when to come in from the cold. :lol:

Jean 11-24-2013 07:56 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! Another cold day in my corner of the world, 7 degrees this morning and it made it up to 23 this afternoon. The sunshine makes such a difference even though the wind is blowing. We spent the morning at church but there was only one service at 10. We had to be greeters and then stayed for a ham, chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, macaroni salad, and bars/cookies dinner. It was very good and especially so since I didn't have to fix it nor clean up afterwards! For some reason I'm tired today, perhaps from being gone all day yesterday. The party included 6 boys who had spent the night so lots of activity. Beth and I went to a Christmas store, and I bought a little girl with a snow cat figurine. It was one of those purchases on a whim but I love it -- need to find a place to put it so I can enjoy it but it won't get broken. Bob is putting the Christmas tree up as I type. Since we didn't put it up last year I was a little concerned what Sonny might do but he has totally ignored it so far. Ernie likes to sleep under it; it's big so there is room for two. :D

"Gma" -- Do you think once your body gets stabilized that you might be able to take oral meds instead of the injections, or perhaps none at all as you lose weight? :dunno: For some reason I thought you were starting with the oral kind. I'm glad you are feeling better today! I'm sorry about the mammogram snafu; if it's the same tech, I'd ask for a different one! :yes: I'm sure you will start losing again once your body adjusts to the changes.

Maggie -- Will you have to plan things for your brother-in-law to see and do, or is he content to just enjoy your company and visit at home? I'm sorry about the barking dogs the other night; I hope they were inside last night! I fed the deck cat in the carrier this morning and plan to shove her on in tomorrow morning. I don't think she is the same one I took a few weeks ago although the markings are pretty much the same. Either way she will go to a new home spayed, and with shots, etc. You don't have to share your snow with us. :no: There is nothing but sunshine in our forecast for the next few days. I had to :lol: at the cat taking RM's sweater. Too funny!

I have laundry going and need to switch loads. I swear it multiplies when I'm not looking! Hope you all enjoy your evening and have a marvelous Monday tomorrow! :wave: