Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Beautiful weather today. I have been down the waterfront and checked out the local produce markets. Good stuff. Then I went to look at an apartment and have taken it. It's more expensive than I wanted but it is big and will have every thing that I need in it. So I will have a place to stay from next Thursday. More money going out. But it should even out soon.

So it has been a busy day and all of it on foot. Up and down hills and steps and slopes. My feet hurt.

Ceejay - my sinus are bad as well. I've been drinking that stuff called Lemsip. It is supposed to clear congestion and ease the production of fluid, but much as I like the taste of it, it really isn't doing a lot. My nose is all stuffed up continuously.

Michelle - time to get some rest in by the sound of it. Make a list, do it in 15 minute spells. Eventually it will all get done.
I can turn my phone on and off, but I forget how to do a lot of the feature things and that stupid soft touch keyboard is the bane of my life.

Happy - baggage arrived - check. New place to live - check. Rang my sister - check. It seems peace may be been declared although she could have got hold of me through facebook if she really wanted to. But it seems I had to make the first move. Who cares anymore.

Susie - good on you for telling them you are not superwoman. Somedays it seems that they want you to do everything, get it in yesterday and for nothing extra either. Apparently it is expected. A polite thank you occasionally would be good.

Annie - nice tree. Love the colours - don't see much colour at home and it lasts such a short time too.

Laura - did I forget Laura?

Guess it might be time for bed. My feet would appreciate it anyway.
Manana amigas.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I forgot about the time change this morning. I still woke up at my usual time and set the clock back.
I'm still cleaning out closets today. Mainly to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need or haven't looked at in three years. It's collecting dust.
I'll text my friend later who is going to come stay after her surgery. It's being done on Monday but she has to stay in Jonesboro for a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. She'll be here on Tuesday night. Believe it or not she's having the skin on her neck stretched.
I'm scheduling a couple of day's off in November and then in December. I'm taking the 19 and 20th off in November. Not sure when in December. I'm using all vacation.

Shad
I'm glad things are getting resolved.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

My favorite day of the year an extra hour in the day. And always on a weekend when you can enjoy it. The one time a year I get up "early" on my own as we set the clocks back an hour and have a 25 hour day today. Enjoy that extra hour folks.

Was feeling a bit scattered and unfocused so I made a list - 2 pages in length of things I need to get done. And it helps me to cross them off and accomplish something. I am also taking care of some things in advance of my trip as to not save everything for the last minute and then run around like a stressed out and short tempered maniac as I usually do. *deep breath*

I decided to call my hair stylist and make an appointment to recolor my hair. While this dark auburn is a nice color - particularly in the sun, inside where you can't see the subtle tones I think it really is too dark and harsh on me. Not sure if she will add light, more pronounced highlights or just give me a quick overall lighter color - she was not at the salon so I just explained my need and they gave me an appointment. We'll see. Tomorrow I go for my first physical therapy session which is good I suppose since my neck pain is travelling down my arm now. I tried to call the doctor yesterday to make an appointment for another shot but apparently the office is only open Monday through Friday during regular business hours. Best not get sick on the weekends or evenings I will call again tomorrow in the morning.

Talked to my Mom yesterday who was telling me about one of my cousins. He is a retired police officer. He had been working his beat and was standing next to a car he had pulled over for a routine stop when out of the blue a crazy person in a rented truck literally took aim at him and hit him full on, tossing him up into the air. They never caught the driver and my cousin was messed up quite badly and still is having ramifications from the accident which was over 5 years ago. He needs to have a steel rod inserted into his spine because he is getting an extreme curvature in his neck which is pulling his head in a manner to touch ear to shoulder on one side. He is having the surgery next month and for 2 months will not be able to bend down, or twist in any manner. Can you even imagine that? Everyday activities like going to the loo, taking a shower, even turning when someone calls your name will be off limits or will require assistance. His wife is taking a leave of absence to take care of him - and she is recovering from breast cancer herself. My heart goes out to them both - he is in constant pain and isn't even 55 years old. All he can do is get worse. I don't know how someone finds the courage to get up every day and keep going when you are facing that sort of situation. Reminds me to be grateful for the blessings in my life.

Shad I am happy to hear that some things are being resolved. Hopefully you have some time in the evenings to enjoy the spaciousness of your home for the next few months, rather than coming in late and crashing into bed only to rise early and leave quickly the next morning. If you are going to be there for an extended time, might as well be comfortable. Glad to hear things are going better with the sister also. I have found more often than not, it is I who have to make the effort to contact people. As I told DH, I try not to let that bother me, you just have to ask yourself if it's worth maintaining that relationship even if you have to be the one to always initiate things. Sometimes the answer is yes, other times I just let things drift apart. Walking down to the waterfront and checking out the produce markets sounds like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon - hopefully you picked up some deliciously fresh things to stock your refrigerator! Sleep well...

Ceejay - gee your friend's surgery sure sounds like a different kind of procedure. It's nice that she can stay and recouperate with you. Hopefully it won't be much of an imposition and you can enjoy each other's company. Any special plans for your vacation days or just going to go with the flow and see what happens?

Michelle - what is it about the hospital campuses that they are such a long walk between parking and the buildings??? Perhaps because they are large hospital campuses? I have noticed that with every place we've been at - even in Duluth. Except of course in my little town where we have more of a high end emergency room rather than a hospital of sorts. Glad you enjoyed the movie Gravity.

Well the sun is shining brightly and I have lots more on my to do list to tackle so let me be off and running with the day. Have a good Sunday all and hello to the rest of the Worldlies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Just a short post tonight as it is late and I have just finished my dinner and I really ought to be in bed. Tomorrow will be another long day. I have decided that I will get up early and go in early to see if I can get home a bit earlier. This eating late in the day is a killer.

So if you don't see me around for a while, it is not that I have forgotten you, just that I am too busy or too tired to check things out. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets....

Sad news from Indiana. My BFF since grade school, not the Missouri crowd, but another who just lives about 25 miles from me, her dad passed away late Friday afternoon after battling cancer for the past 5 years. I will be going to the funeral either on Thurs or Friday. Details are not set yet.

Didn't do a whole lot this weekend. T or T with lil man Friday night was so much fun. He thanked everyone at each house and also told them bye. Too cute. If it was a neighbor that he actually knew he would say Bye and then their name....i.e. Bye Joannie. Too stinkin cute. Saturday was picture day for lil man and Ainsley at JCPenney. They turned out pretty good. I had bought a groupon for 25$, that got us a whole slew of pictures. Nice. Felt like crap most of the day yesterday. Helped C with a couple of his stores, went to lunch at Olive Garden then collapsed the rest of the day. Slept through the Colts game last night except for the last 5 minutes. Good thing cause the first half was awful from what I hear.

I did get a couple of shots of lil man in his costume but they are kind of blurry. I took them with my cell phone, and he was very busy, hard to catch him still.

SHADDIE...Neice having a babe on the way. She sure has gained much weight. Sam is just over halfway there. She has gained 9 lbs so far. They did set her C-section for March 12. Chris's birthday.

CHELLE..sounds like you had a nice weekend lined up for you and D. Sometimes just staying home and gellin' is the way to go. Plus saves money.

HAPPY...Sad to hear of your cousin's horrible accident. I, too, was that crazy person that hit a cop standing by the highway giving a ticket. Only I fell asleep at the wheel and also stopped. Bet momma is getting excited for your visit. Bless her heart.

CEEG...sinus infections can be tricky to get rid of. They seem like they are gone then poof, they are back within days. Hope you are feeling better by now. I say my work environment causes our illnesses around here.

LAURA...I am sure you have been your usual busy self this weekend with exercising, walking the babe and shopping.

SUSIE...hello, sorry to hear your DH is have such a time with the Afib. How annoying and really kind of scary. I know when my heart races every now and then, it just freaks me out. lol. Good job on taking the halloween candy back to Walmart. That will detour absent minded eating. WTGG.

Missin our MELLIE this weekend. It was the start of Count Down to CHristmas on the Hallmark channel. Of course I watched it non-stop yesterday and thought of MELLIE all day long....

Bout it for me, should probably get to work since that is what they pay me for....haha.

Hugs are the way around.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

Default Batman

Batman Jacob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacob batman 1.jpg (27.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #22  

Morning all. Just a quick pop in to say hello. I have a short volunteer gig this morning, so I'll be leaving the office in a few minutes. Be back later. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #23  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Guess it's going to get rather quiet around here.

I am thinking of dumping Facebook. It reminds me of the route that e-mail eventually took. In the early days it seemed like a good idea for people to keep in touch. You could hammer out a few lines and avoid a 1 hour conversation on the phone. And then people started sending jokes, inspirational things and "pass this along" stuff. Eventually email became very little communication and mostly wading through lots of stuff I didn't care about all the while getting a bit miffed that people were passing my email address along without my permission. Didn't take long before the spam followed. I hardly ever use email any more. And more than one person has been peeved that I don't have texting capabilities but that's not my fault - take it up with the phone company's lack of service. Many people say they like FB because it allows them to keep in touch but I see less and less conversation and more and more ads and shares than real talking. I told my friend I was thinking of disabling my account and she asked me not to - said she really enjoys the pictures I post and my ramblings. I then asked her why she lurks from the shadows and never says anything - I found out I have several "friends" like that. My sister left FB for the very same reason and I coaxed her back as we often communicate via the message function. Just sad to me that people don't talk much any more. And that's my Monday blues theme

I started pulling apart cabinets this weekend. My kitchen is small and the cabinets are rather narrow or corner cabinets that are difficult to utilize. I have my cookware in the biggest cabinet, and dishes and cups and such in the upper cabinets. The odd narrow and corner cabinets have some food in them. Downstairs in the utility room in the basement I have a large area of shelving. Part of that is my pantry, part of it is storage of seasonal items and stuff I don't use on a regular basis. Turns out that somehow a mouse found it's way into this bounty. It ate an entire bag of orzo pasta and was working it's way through a cellophane bag of penne. It also chewed a roll of paper towels which I hope is not for nesting material To this point we have kept the cats out of the room just because there are too many nooks and crannies but it's open season now. As we said, can't figure out how a mouse got in there as our house is exceptionally well sealed - DH thinks it might have crawled in through the now dry sump pump pipes. You can't help but get field mice in an area like this with all the woodlands but if they get a whiff of kitty that's about all it takes to send them back outside. Most of the pantry is cans and bottles but I went through and bagged up the boxed stuff. I need to figure out how to get some semblance of order in the cabinets. The biggest problem is the shape of the cabinets - things can get lost in there. It also gave me a good opportunity to purge some things that were getting old or I decided I would not really use. Seems like any time you pull something out, it takes twice as long to put things back in shape and sure does make a mess. But it's on my list and I will get it done. Today is physical therapy, a mammogram and my stylist just called and said this evening would work out better for her for re-coloring my hair. So my day is set for me. I have to figure out something to make for an easy dinner for DH as I will be running around back and forth - would be nice if I would get out and just go from one appointment to the next but I'm afraid I will have a 30 or 40 minute lull in between each - not enough to come back home but a substantial wait in between things.

Laura - have fun on your volunteer run today.

Annie - cute picture of Lil Man. I would just melt with him saying thank you to each house. How adorable and congrats on teaching him early manners. I used to HATE the brats who would push and shove at the door and then run off and never say thank you. I also laughed when you said all the photos were blurry because he was in constant motion. Can you bottle some of that energy for me? Why is Sissy having a C-section? Was that how Lil Man came into the world? Glad things are going well for her.

Shad - sounds like each contract gets a bit more trying for you. Don't burn yourself out. Hope you can make order of things rather quickly.

I spoke to my BFF this weekend. She is a nurse at a busy clinic and said she has just gotten to the point where she is so tired. She has health issues - some of which she attributes to stress or believes that stress intensifies them. Said she just doesn't know if she can last the 6 more years until retirement. She and her husband are also looking to move away from the city but didn't know how or where to start looking for that special retirement spot. I shared some of my experiences with her and gave her a few tips to get started in a general direction. Anyway - enough of that. I think I can tidy up a counter and get some brunch in me before I head out for the day.

Have a good Monday and here's to hoping that Mel get's the Hallmark Channel where ever she is now.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...SIssy went emergency C-section last time due to the 8 week early birth and toxemia. The doc left it up to her to either try VBAC(vaginal birth after C section) or go C Section. SHe chose C section. Beats me why, I try not to interfere with that kind of stuff as I usually end up on someone's crap list. lol Probably time to start the commune since your BFF is looking to moving up your way...Hope your day doesn't wear you out running around. Take it easy on your body lady. Hugs

LAURA...have a great day with volunteering today.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #25  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - I really hope you don't leave FB. I enjoy seeing your photos and I try and comment, rather than lurk. Yes, I post A LOT of inspirational pictures/sayings...more than actual updates about me. But a lot of times the inspiration sayings reveal how I'm doing, how glad I am at where I'm at now versus where I was a year ago, and sometimes I just post them for my friends who are going through a rough patch.

Shad - I'm glad you got your luggage and a place to live. I hope things go okay with your sister.

Annie - thanks for sharing the photo of Jacob. What a sweetie! I love it when the kids say thank you.

Ceejay - So nice of you to let your friend recuperate at your place!

Laura - Have a good time volunteering.

I'm busy with work...and still a bit discombulated from the time change. I only completed roughly 1/2 the things I wanted to this weekend. I was just dragging. I didn't get the captions added to the photos for Mel, but I did pick up another Flash drive. Tonight, the Packers are on Monday night football, so maybe I can work on the photos while I watch/listen to the game. I didn't get any writing done, which frustrates me...but I just wasn't inspired to write. I need better time management.

speaking of...I should probably get some work done.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I agree about FB. I'm not even sure that the people are sending that stuff. I think it's the advertisement attaching things.
That's frightening about your cousin being deliberately run down.

Annie
I think we are all missing Mel. I'm almost sure that it's the environment here with me working with the chemicals and such. This time I let my allergies go to long.

Michelle
Sometimes we have to stop and rest. You have been doing much more since you've moved to California.

Laura
At least no working in the office today.

----------
Was going to post last night but my old laptop crashed again. So I talked to my boss and he told me that I could either take back the monitor or try a HDMI cord so I'm going to try that tonight.
Pulled out 4 boxes of stuff from the closet in the spare bedroom/office to donate to GW.
I was thinking about buying a bed to go in that space but told myself no. If she wants to stay there she can buy her own bed. I'll have to move some things out of that room but so be it. I need to get rid of some things before I go to Missouri anyway. And most of that can be recycled or tossed.
It looks like we have some rain moving into the area. So I'll need to start watching that more closely.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #27  
Annie - Indiana

Default Proud as a Peacock

It's definitely a boy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg It's a boy 1.jpg (13.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

THe pix above is as tho he is sitting bottom on a copy machine, all legs to the left.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #29  

I’m back in the office. Today’s volunteer stint was about 90 min., about 30 min getting to/from the location. It’s a reading/writing program, and it was an interesting experience. A bit chaotic, not because it’s disorganized, but because the class is split into three groups that all work in the same room, so it gets to be quite noisy when we all get going. And the heat was blasting, so it was unbelievably hot in there…But working with the 2nd graders was fun – I’ve never done anything like that before. I’m scheduled to do this one more time, and if I want to do more, I’m sure they would be happy for that. They like to have the same people come back.

My weekend was sort of busy during the day, but relaxed at night. Friday night I had a longish conversation with my friend D, who is considering a job in an economically depressed city downstate. I thought she’d applied on a lark, but she’s since interviewed and is seriously considering accepting if she’s gets an offer. I’m glad she’s thinking it over very seriously, but I still think she should look in the Chicago metro area some more - why uproot your life with a big move like that if you can find good opportunities right here? UPDATE: After thinking hard about it, she’s no longer considering it. Can’t say I’m not happy to hear that, though I tried to be supportive.

Saturday I had a touch-up hair appointment and I talked some more w/ D about the possible job/relocation while the color was on my head. After that I picked up bf and we went to my dentist appointment. New hygienist seems really thorough, but she also uses some sort of ultrasonic tool with a pick and water in addition to the usual procedure. And she works with the patient lying completely flat, so it’s quite a change from the previous hygienist. But she said my teeth looked really good, keep up the brushing, and try to get up to flossing 2x/day. Okayyyyy. The bad thing is I have a bad spot in a molar that my dentist wants to check in 3 mos. If it’s at the point where he doesn’t want to let it go 6 months, I’m probably headed for a filling or at a minimum, some kind of filler he can use to stave off any further issues.

After the dentist, bf and I went out for a quick lunch and then got over to the bath showroom. They have some great stuff on display. But our purpose – retrofitting the recessed tp and soap dish holders – was not successful and it made us realize we’d be better off just filling in those openings in the walls and buying whatever fittings we wanted. The look would be more updated and a better investment in the end. This is a small job for someone with good drywalling skills, which unfortunately neither bf or I have. Heck, we’re not even very good with tiny nail hole patch jobs.
Sunday morning, a look at the sale flyers in the newspaper ended with bf and I spending a good part of the day in the garage deciding how to make more space and organize all the stuff in there and doing some of the changes. It was worth the time. Now we have to buy some racks that mount on the walls and hold different types of hooks so we can hang all the tools, etc.

I didn’t get to any exercise classes this weekend, but I did do my two dog walks. Plus some digging. I transplanted three large hosta alongside the garage to make way for some concrete patio blocks on which the garbage and recycling bins will now sit atop. (They were in the garage previously.) Anyway, that was good exercise.

Tonight’s the kickboxing class…wish it weren’t on Mondays. Mondays are hard, I usually just want to go home and chill out. I’ll see if I can talk myself into this class tonight.

I’ll catch up on personals tomorrow! Everyone have good evening/morning.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #30  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - I'm saying prayers for your cousin and his wife.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote