Old 11-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #196  

Evening all. Wow, what a cold weekend it's been here. Looking forward to getting the temps back in the 30's.

Ceejay - Bummer re the lost post. I was having some cursor issues on this site last week on my work computer. It happened when I used the quick reply option, but not the advanced. Bf is feeling the cold on his head a lot more now that he wears his hair VERY short. Yesterday he wore his hat around the house. Once you retire you won't know how you had time for work you'll be keeping yourself so busy (or the days will just go by so much faster regardless of how busy you are or aren't).

Shad - Beautiful shots of the harbor and the botanic garden. The one of the waterlilies was gorgeous and I love that pink garden. I wish your photos had the scent too - all those roses! Sounds like a nice Sunday with your friend. Ice cream usually sounds delish to me, but in this cold weather Chicago is having, brrrr! No thanks. After we had an early dinner, bf & I stopped at Starbucks because he wanted one of those frozen coffee drinks! Me, I'm on my third mug of tea today. I wish you safe travels back to Oz. Did you get the hair appointment?

Susie - Hope you got everything done that you had on your list! Wow, that's a long commute for you, or at least far. You definitely have to have reliable wheels when you drive so much!! And I understand why you want a workout space in your home - once you get home from work you wouldn't want to do any more driving than necessary!!! Great plan for the workout room. Better use of the space as a place to work on YOU vs. a bed for the occasional overnight guest. They'll do fine on a futon or daybed.

Michelle - Nice of the bf to make you dinner!!! So are you a Whovian? I caught the tail end of one of the new episodes a couple weeks back. I've never watched it...looked like something I could get sucked into, LOL.

Happy - So sorry your back is giving you pain! (Hope that didn't hurt.) Glad you're still managing to enjoy your time with your family and friends. It is always nice to get back home to the familiar and comfortable. Love the idea of the Best of Mel!!

Hi Annie!! How was your early Thanksgiving? Hope you had your fill of the favorite foods and enjoyed the family time.
===

My Saturday was somewhat productive. Two loads of laundry. Cardio kickboxing class. Kitchen cleaning. We have a repairman out Tuesday to look at our stove - one burner has been out for a while, so I gave the stovetop and exterior a good wipe down.

RSVP'd for a surprise 50th bday party coming up this Saturday. The theme is "Forever 49". Love it! Any creative gift ideas? I'm thinking something bearing that phrase, but not a t-shirt.

I cleaned/removed the seeds from a pomegranate that I bought out of curiosity. Turns out the seeds (they have another name, but they are the edible part) really aren't good for eating out of hand - there's a hard part to them. They are now in the fridge, ready to juice.

I also basted in the other side of the zipper in my old jacket. Multiple layers were difficult to get the needle through - can't believe I don't own a thimble!! Add it to the shopping list... Now all that remains to do is the stitching. I fear some spots may be too many layers for the sewing machine needle to get through, but I will give it a go - probably next weekend.

Today I lazed with the paper and also started a shopping list for the TG meal. Did another load of laundry. At 2 pm was my trainer assessment. Weight/height/BMI/fat % level from a fancy scale type thingy. OMG, the workout part was so difficult. Cannot list all the impossible things this evil trainer had me do!!! I will probably have nightmares about it tonight, LOL. I think I did pretty good if I do say so myself. The only thing I couldn't fully manage was a 45 seconds of jumps from the floor onto a step with FIVE risers on it.

Been strict about the snacking this weekend, but of course the tradeoff was a headache both days due to hunger. I normally eat snacks between meals... Meals weren't particularly light when they came...hope the scale is kinder tomorrow. Very discouraging to not see results when I feel like I've been suffering, LOL.

Dog walk both days - bundled up against the cold (me, not the furry one). Oy, this cold came way too soon!

Enough of the whiner/drama queen stuff. Off to make like a sloth on the sofa. TTFN!!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-24-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #197  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Super quick post....been a busy day. Helped my friend who is recovering from cancer and radiation with some errands. Helped my stepmom around the house. Worked a little on my website portfolio...I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow.

Laura - I am a total Whovian. I'm a late starter...just in the last 12 years or so (which is late considering it's been on air 50 years). I love the whole idea of traveling in space AND time. Good stuff.

Now the american music awards are on...and I want to watch.

Love you all so much,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #198  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi, short note tonight since I am packing to go home in the morning.

I had an e-mail from Jen thanking us all for the help we have given. Those email addresses that she knows will get something soon via email. For those who left there addresses there will be notes. However she has stacks of them to go through. As well she is clearing out Mel's flat and also shifting to a new apartment within the building as the one she is in is no good for her scooter. She tells me she has found Happy's address but is worried no one will have told her. I have assured her we did. Sounds like Jen is up to her *** in alligators at the moment, but is coping quite well. Good for her.

I'm taking my computer home, so I should be able to keep up with you all, however I will be fairly busy, so forgive me if I slip up on the personals. I'll let you all know how I go. Doc's appointment, hospital appointment, dentist followup and hairdresser, plus family, house and car all in 1 and 2 half days. Back here by Friday, hanging out for the weekend. And then I have to meet with the landlady to tell her I am not happy with the state of the apartment and that it is too expensive for what I got and that I will probably be moving out at Christmas. Oh and I need to see M about that training job. I thought he was advertising my job on Linked in yesterday.

Gotta go. Packing and bed - oh and Downton Abbey as well. Gotta to order a cab to the airport as well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #199  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Thanksgiving Week to all my U.S sisters....Happy week to our Shaddie.

Thanksgiving was a huge success. Good food all the way around. Since we are not celebrating on TG on Thursday nor my DS or my Bro, they may come over for movie day and have the leftover turkey in a manhatten. Got to meet my new grandnephew, Zachary Michael who is now 5 mos. He is a real sweet happy baby. Smiles a lot. Probably thinks we are all silly. His ears stick out and look a little elf like. Boy he smelled delish, lil baby smell..

Not doing personals at the moment, however do want to mention that the only emails I have from MELLIE are about our loo issues...and funny. May just keep those to myself.

Have a great Monday/Tuesday.

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #200  

Morning all. Nothing much to report since I posted late yesterday. Still freezing my heinie off. Ready to use my down coat as a blanket until my legs and feet warm up...

Annie - Glad you had a nice early TG celebration and get to share more time w/ family again this coming weekend.

Michelle - Amazing how long Dr. Who has been around. I recall as a kid flipping TV channels and coming upon the really old DW shows - looked really cheesy, but it certainly has a following to have lasted this long.

Shad - What a whirlwind trip home this will be for you - you won't know if you're coming or going!! Sorry the rental isn't worth the $$. Hope the training job is something you're interested in.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #201  
Creating a Healthier Me

My phone isn't ringing off the hook as it typically does. I hope there are some hiring managers working this week and not everyone is taking the whole week off.

I've got to finish my portfolio today. And hopefully I'll have at least a few phone interviews this week. I have an interview for a part-time position with a non-profit...the pay isn't great, but the good thing is that the time commitment is one I can definitely manage even after I get a full time job.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Glad the TG get together went well.

Michelle
Surely some one will be at work this week end. They may be there physically not mentally.

Laura
Good for you in doing a kick boxing class this week end. I thought that a blanket would have been nice on my legs yesterday. This morning I put on my new warm knee high socks. I've been typing in the post quick reply so that may be the reason the cursor is jumping around.

Hi Susie.

Shad
We need to nick name you whirl wind Shad.

----------
We have a winter advisory out for today. Already getting some sleet. UGH, I'm not ready for this. We also have a chemical truck coming in this afternoon. But so far things are going good.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #203  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning All....

I went home at noon yesterday as I was not feeling all that great. Sinus and allergies I believe, still sniffling and sneezing today. bleh.

DSs interview went extremely well. I would be surprised if he did not get the job. They told him he probably wouldn't hear anything until next week due to the holidays (CHELLE) there is your answer!

CEEG...for the first time in a very long time, Indiana is being skipped on this storm. Going more toward the east coast and MELLIE's direction. Hope Jen and Richie are ok.

LAURA...have a marvelous day today, is it WI day? I forget.

HI HAPPY, SHAD & SUSIE.

Loves and hugs
Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default 11/26/13

Not much going on. Trying not to think of the cold weather we are having this week. At least we were spared of winter storm--not even a dusting of snow or ice. Some were not so lucky.

Shad
Thanks for the note from Jen. I know she has a lot on her plate right now.

Hello's to Laura, Happy, Annie and Susie.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #205  
Annie - Indiana

SHADDIE...please ask Jen what her new apartment # will be.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #206  
Creating a Healthier Me

A quick check in...I'm off to participate in a 2 hour focus group. One of those things where you test or try their software or product, give them your opinion and they give you $60 (in this case) for your time. I'll probably need to get some caffeine so that I can "focus" appropriately.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #207  

Morning all. We had a little bit of snow yesterday, not much at all. Still chilly though. Looks like we'll get more moderate temps by the weekend.

Last night bf and I put together our shopping list for TG dinner and so we're ready to shop tonight. I made a batch of almond crescent cookies last night using a different recipe than usual from our America's Test Kitchen cookbook. They took longer to bake than the recipe indicated, but otherwise they came out fine. Couldn't stay up to wait for them to completely cool, so I didn't roll them in powdered sugar yet. (That's probably what limited me to only eating a bite of one cookie, LOL.) By the time I finished and cleaned up, it was sort of late and I had to get to bed. Bf was still up though, so he put them in a tupperware after they were cool. They'll be part of dessert on TG.

Quiet here today. The admin is out for the rest of the week - she's getting married on Friday. Another dept. member has a half day of vacay this aft - probably working from home this morning.

Today a service guy from the electronics/appliance store is coming out to check out our stove - one burner is out on top (though it mysteriously worked after I'd cleaned it the other day and of course when I went to show bf, it did not - harummph), and we're not completely sure the oven is working as it should when it comes to the starter/ignition thingy when it's preheating. Sometimes it clicks a lot and there's a gas smell, which is the same issue with the one burner up top. Hopefully it's just an easy fix with an inexpensive part.

That's about it for me today...
===
Annie- Sorry the sinuses are giving you problems. Maybe now that the temps got so cold more of the stuff has died and they'll get better. Fingers crossed for ds re the job!! Yes, today is WW WI day. Should go alright, except TOM is visiting, so we'll see...

Ceejay - I'm feeling like I could use my long undies yesterday and today. Even though I wore my long puffy down coat, my legs still get cold. Glad the storm missed you, looks like it missed Springfield, MO too.

Michelle - Sorry things aren't moving along with the job search this week due to the holiday. Guess you can take some time to relax and hit the gym while you've got the downtime.

Hellos to Susie, Happy & Shad.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #208  

Chelle snuck in on me!! Hope the focus group is interesting, and even if it's not, the extra $$ are nice.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #209  
Annie - Indiana

DS just phoned to say they offered him the job and at a higher pay!!! Whew who!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #210  

Whoo hoo!! Congrats to your DS!!