3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #61 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/288420-steel-magnolias-61-a.html)

gma22 10-08-2013 07:13 AM

Steel Magnolias #61

Good morning gals. Probably my last post until we get back. We will be super busy until we leave.

Jack just left for work, but he is a bit miffed with me. Our excursion to Jamaica is on Wednesday the 16th. Jamaica is supposed to get 60% rain several days before, the day of and the day after. We had to put down a $70 deposit and pay the rest when we get to the resort, which is another $120. They provide a one round trip in a commercial bus to the resort and then 5 hours later back to the pier. I asked him if it was raining did he still want to go as we would be stuck there for 5 hours sitting in the hotel with nothing to do if it was raining (it is about 45 minutes from the ship.) He got really mad and said to forget we would do what I wanted and not go. I got no where trying to talk to him about the expense so I don't give a darn if it is pouring rain we are going and he can live with my wrath for spending another $120 to sit in a hotel lobby for 5 hours. My hope is that since it is a week away the weather report will change and it will be a moot point. Basically I wanted to get his opinion but as usual he missed the whole point. :(

I had some leftover yarn from a pair of socks I made for Jackson and am using it to make another cowl for myself. The yarn is called circus and pretty much has every color you can think of. Knitting it as a cowl changes the way the color comes out and it looks pretty cool.

I got my cane yesterday and it will do the trick. The handle is great and puts no pressure on your palm to cause blisters. We are experiencing some chilly weather at night, into the 40's and my knees have been killing me so I am glad I bought the thing.

Jean: Sorry you had such a mess with your "jobs." People tend to not think of other people that work with the same thing when they change stuff. Sounds like you had a chilly wet night too. I think you sent me the recipe for the pecan pie bars. Sorry they didn't do totally right. Happens to me sometimes. I have yet to try a recipe on FB that turns out right. I put them on my page as a share so I have them, but I have tried three different things and all three were awful even though they sounded good.

Maggie: Have fun on your trip and hope you MH is all you wanted it to be.

I will post again in a couple weeks probably. Have a great one. Faye

Jean 10-08-2013 02:53 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's sunny and very windy here today. I could do without the wind! I'm doing clutter control and laundry. Being gone most of yesterday I didn't do anything around the house. I need to run a couple errands this afternoon but think maybe I'll wait until tomorrow and see if the wind goes down.

Maggie -- I hope your new wheels arrive before you leave! Have a good trip and check in while you are gone! When you said you went through your bean bag, I pictured a bean bag "chair" like the kids had when they were little. :lol:

"Gma" -- Think positive about the weather when it's time for Jamaica! What activities are planned for that stop? I'm glad the cane will work ok for you. :yes: I usually don't try a new recipe unless I've eaten it or gotten it from someone I know. I enjoy looking at cooking magazines but my creations never look like their pictures! Will your phone work on the ship, or are there computers for your use? I hope you have a wonderful time!

Guess Susan and I will be "home alone" for awhile. :cry: I need to get Bob's socks from the dryer and get another load going. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday! :wave:

Jean 10-09-2013 10:22 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another bright sunny morning in my corner of the world; a cool 52 degrees heading up to 80 this afternoon. I have lunch bunch at noon and bell practice later this afternoon. Bob is farming again today. His office computer had a major virus so he's waiting for a new one which should have been there yesterday and wasn't.

Susan -- :bday2you: :balloons: :celebrate: I hope you have a special day today and many, many more happy days ahead!

I need to figure out what I'm wearing to lunch and do some church birthday cards. I forgot we won't get mail on Monday so need to double check my list. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday! :wave:

QuilterInVA 10-09-2013 06:06 PM

Good evening, ladies! Rain, rain and more rain...lots of flooding around here and its supposed to rain for days. High tide at midnight is going to be about 5 feet above normal.

We had a wonderful time at retreat and the ladies were very happy with their quilts. They want us back in April.

I had a 24 hour breathing test with visit that started at 8 am yesterday and finished at 10 pm today. Lots of spirometry test, even in the night, every 3 hours. This was to see how effective my medication is over 24 hours.

With all the rain, I opted to celebrate my birthday with my friends on Saturday. Just didn't feel like going out.

Faye, I hope your cruise is wonderful. Can't you take umbrellas and raincoats and still enjoy the day. We have tons of tourists around here that do that.

Jean, you are always busy!

Maggie, where are you going in NC? I'm an hour from NC.

Have a wonderful evening.

Jean 10-10-2013 07:46 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! It's been another nice sunny fall day but way too windy again. My front yard tree is dropping leaves fast. The weatherman said it will be even windier tomorrow. I went to the dentist this morning; $125 and 45 minutes later I'm "good" for another 6 months. This afternoon was crafty club and there were only 4 of us so it was nice to visit and catch up with each other. Tomorrow I am home all day (unless I decide to brave the grocery store) and need to do some much needed cleaning.

Susan -- I hope you get a good report on your breathing test results. Did you make quilts for other ladies at the retreat?

"Gma" and Maggie -- I thought maybe you would check in here on your "intelligent" phones while you are gone. ;) Hope all is going well.

Bob is farming again today so guess his supper will be whatever he decides looks good in the fridge. Not much in there because I don't cook when he's farming. I hate eating in shifts! Hope you all enjoy a nice evening. I wonder what is on tv tonight. Something worth watching, I hope! :wave:

QuilterInVA 10-11-2013 09:43 AM

Good morning, ladies! 63 degrees and another rainy day. Tidal floodings gets worse and worse and its supposed to be raining for 3 more days.

Despite the rain, I'm going to the Tuesday Morning, Trader Joe's, Kroger and JoAnn's today. I didn't go grocery shopping last week and the fridge is getting a bit bare. My friend is taking me to dinner tonight so that will be a pleasant evening.

Jean, on Thursday nights I watch Grey's Anatomy and tape Project Runway since they are on at the same time. I was hoping for some good new shows this fall but haven't found any yet. Some days I don't even turn the tv on.

Have a wonderful day.

Jean 10-11-2013 07:45 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! It has been a WINDY day in my corner of the world. It is supposed to die down tonight and I sure hope so. Colder weather is on the way. I went to the grocery store this morning; it feels like a chili kind of day but will make it tomorrow when Bob might be home earlier to eat. I had to rip out a couple rows on the afghan because I missed a stitch and just finished redoing that.

Susan -- I'm sure the farmers don't want the rain now that harvest has begun, but it would be nice if we could have had some of your rain. At 63 degrees I'll bet it feels kind of "clammy." What kind of a store is Tuesday Morning? Enjoy your dinner with your friend tonight! I never got started on Grey's Anatomy; I'll have to see if we get Project Runway. Is that a new show?

I have towels in the dryer to fold and another load ready to go. It seems like the laundry multiplies when I'm not looking. I noticed a "farm" pile out in the garage today. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening! :wave:

Jean 10-12-2013 10:25 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a cool 48 degrees as I type. There is a slight breeze blowing. I need to make a critter/bird/cat food run this morning. We buy them at what I'd call a "farm" store; I don't go there very often but Bob left a couple hours ago for the farm. We have a wedding later this afternoon and I remembered to remind him to come home "early" so we don't walk in at the last minute. The wedding is in a little town 5 miles from us but the reception is here in our town. I spent 18 years with mother of the bride and subbed for her when the bride was born so kind of feel obligated to go. It will be nice to see others from school. I do need to vacuum today!

I am dressed and ready to head out. Hope you all enjoy your day! :wave:

Jean 10-13-2013 10:22 AM

Maggie -- A belated :o best wishes for your birthday! :bday2you: :celebrate: :balloons: I fully intended to get back here after we got home last night and went to bed instead. :o I hope you enjoyed your day!

QuilterInVA 10-13-2013 10:24 AM

Good morning, ladies! 69 degrees and our 7th straight day of rain.

Glory and I have a friend who comes to visit us from England once a year. She is here now and brought her daughter. She is a judge and her daughter is a barrister. We all went to tea yesterday and they just loved it. They come for the shopping since we have so many outlets in the area. She said she enjoyed our quilting bee last time she was here so tomorrow we are giving a tea for her and her daughter and the bee. More fun!

Nothing happening today. I put stew in the crockpot this morning so that will be dinner.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Maggie 10-13-2013 04:18 PM

Happy Camper

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

We, the happy campers, got home late last night and are glad to be back. We came home through the back roads and The trees and bushes are changing color and we had a lovely time being lookie lous. The motor home is even nicer than we thought it would be and we are very pleased with it. It will take us where we choose to go. The story of it is that an elder gentleman bought it and didn’t use it much at all and he was the only previous owner and kept meticulous records of the coach. He only sold it to Camping World because his son “made him” for was getting too old to drive. We were treated very well while there and made good friends of the current managers for they share our same interests. The problem I was having with my back had vanished and hasn’t re-appeared. We will be able to pick up our pets later this afternoon.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends. :wave:

Jean 10-14-2013 01:22 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a windy, rainy, cold day in my neighborhood today. It took longer to post the money at church today since it included the automatic giving from the bank. The bank the church uses was closed today while the others were all open. I will do the gift shop deposit when I finish here. I'm making chili this afternoon although I don't know if Bob will be home to eat on time. Sometimes when we get rain at the house, the farm does not, and it's not that far away.

Susan -- Do you feel like you have webbed feet? That is a lot of rainy days! Have fun at the tea with your English friend and her daughter.

Maggie -- Welcome home! That was a fast trip to SC and back. I'm glad you are pleased with the motor home. I'm sure your furry children are glad to be home again.

I need to vacuum again. I brought the outside cat food in when it started to rain. Like a dummy I put it on the kitchen table and Sonny tried to pull the bowl over to him and ended up dumping it on the floor. He was a happy camper since he evidently remembers eating it when he was outside. Hope you all enjoy a marvelous Monday! :wave:

Maggie 10-14-2013 06:26 PM

Marvelous Monday

It is 70°s here in the ♥-Land and it feels chilly for we are having thunder-storms and it is raining as I type now at 5:15 PM.

Today I got to go to the dentist to get my pearly whites checked and cleaned and they sure feel good. I got a neat holder for those little brushes that go between teeth and a few brushes for it. I will use it at home after brushing now for I have some of the little ones that have a cap that I carry with me. I like those little brushes better than flossing but do floss on occasion. :yes: I know I am nuts for I love going to the dentist. They also gave me a toothbrush, tooth paste and a container of floss.

I have WW this evening in a little while but don’t feel like staying for the meeting so I will weigh in and then leave. We will be going out to dinner at Applebees®.

I found the neatest small washers and dryers to use in the MH. They aren’t the traditional kind and small and will work for us and can be stored in one of the outside compartments (so we won’t have to give up one of the closets) then brought in when I want to use them. I am so glad that someone is making these small things for those of us that like to camp. For instance towels take up so much room in a closet so we can take along fewer ones and have a way to wash them. They are making a lot of neat things in smaller sizes now for those of us that like to travel and camp. :cp: I am having fun finding the necessary items for our MH. I may e-mail you pictures of them since I can’t post them here.

My new pants and blouses arrived while we were gone and now they have been washed and I have on a new blouse that is smaller along with a smaller sized pair of pants. It feels great to have shrunk into these new clothes. These button down collar blouses with a pocket and long sleeves are my favorite thing to wear. It is my uniform. I will be so glad when these flies around here dye off for they are pests and they are smart enough to stay away from the sticky strip I hung from my ceiling.

We have decided to not board Cecil next time we take off. He can stay in the yard and the neighbor will feed him. He hates staying at the vets so much ~ I can tell. They play with the dogs and have a yard for them to romp in but the cats just have a little area and some cats fight so they keep them separated. The dogs can go with us at times. I am just wondering where they will choose to ride.

JEAN Chili sounds good on a day like this. Yep the dogs are glad we are back and the cat has come around and isn't complaining as much as he was. The dogs got to go to the groomer so are clean and smelling good. :p We are glad to be back from NC but did have a good time there. They have had more rain than us and the trees are changing color and the colors are vibrant.

SUSAN Your stew sounds good also. I love meals cooked in the crock-pot. I know you are having fun with your friend and her daughter that came from England and they are enjoying their visit making good memories.

Have a great evening my Magnolia friends. :wave:

Jean 10-15-2013 11:26 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! I've been to get a haircut and need to run a couple errands later. It's a crappy weather day here; 43 degrees, windy, and damp from yesterdays rain. No rain so far today but more is predicted. Bob went to the office since it's too wet to be in the fields. They had a break down on "something" so have to wait for parts to be shipped.

Maggie -- I think your thunderstorms arrived here last night. We had loud rumbles and lots of lightning in the evening. Enjoy your smaller clothes! :cp: Aren't you afraid Cecil might disappear if you leave him in the yard? Wish I could kittysit him!

I need to make my errand list, dust, and clear off the kitchen counter. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday! :wave:

Maggie 10-15-2013 11:37 AM

Sad Day Here

GOOD ROCKTOBER MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I just got word that my daughter has passed away so we will be making a trip out to CA and need to get ready and leave for there.

Jean 10-15-2013 12:41 PM

Maggie, I am so very sorry about the death of your daughter. :hug:

QuilterInVA 10-15-2013 01:54 PM

Oh, Maggie, I'm so sorry about the death of your daughter. No one expects to outlive their children and it is so hard. :hug:

We had sunshine yesterday afternoon and it was supposed to be nice until the rain came again on Sunday but its all clouded up again and more rain is expected to start this evening and last for days again. Only 63 degrees, too.

Jean, with the sequestration going on it's having a bad effect here so we hardly noticed the holiday and all the banks being closed. Some are in their 3rd week of no paycheck and no work. I have a younger friend whose husband is a NASA scientist and he is driving here bonkers.

Maggie, I'm glad you got such a great deal on the MH for I know how much you and will enjoy camping. I'd be afraid to leave Cecil outside around here for I'd probably come home to no cat or a dead cat from the wild animals. The washer and dryer are so cute!

Have a blessed day!

Jean 10-16-2013 10:51 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another cool windy morning in my neighborhood. The sun is supposed to shine this afternoon and warm us up to 55. I'm just not ready for colder weather but it's on it's way ready or not. I was looking for something in my vanity drawer this morning and decided it was way past time to clean the three drawers out of the excess "stuff" that didn't belong in them. I'm embarrassed to tell how many old toothbrushes I found, and pitched. I get a new one from the dentist every six months and just ditched the old one in a drawer with the wastebasket right next to the vanity. Stupid! I need to vacuum and work on clothes sorting today.

Susan -- I'm not sure how much rain we've gotten as our rain gauge quit working again. Bob has to get on a stepladder to check -- probably a leaf or a cobweb is plugging the hole. We sure could have used the rain mid-summer instead of now though. I just wonder when the "powers" in Washington will get their act together and agree on some plan. What's on your agenda for today?

I'm dressed and need to get busy! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday! :wave:

Maggie 10-16-2013 05:46 PM

Wonderful not so windy Wednesday

We haven’t headed out to CA yet for that state is dragging it’s feet. She wanted to be cremated and placed in the corner of my mother’s grave and they won’t allow that. My suggestion is to place her in a urn and sprinkle her ashes in one of her favorite places like up at the cabin for instance. I have two sisters that were sprinkled up there. Anyway until things can be sorted out we will just stay here until they let us know when the service will be held. They know it will take us a few days to get there so they will surely take that into consideration when they set a date. I imagine we will probably head to CA on the coming Monday but what I think maybe not be in their time frame. We will just have to wait and see. As far as how I feel about Tricia’s passing is that she is in a much better place for she has suffered for many years since her accident when she was a teen. What the doctors told us in years past made us amazed, quite frankly, that she lived as long as she did. She has some wonderful friends that are taking care of all the arrangements out there. We got all packed and ready to leave this morning and I am not going to unpack everything. Thank you gals for your kind words for our loss. We are happy that she is in a better place and saddened that she is gone. It will be good for the animals to have some time at home before being put back in prison. Yep we will take Cecil there also once again after we re-thought what might happen to him left alone at home.

We got the top rack installed on the Jeep and that didn’t turn out so well for the wind whistling through it was so loud it gave us both headaches on our outing today. Will has the Jeep back in the shop to have it removed. None of the reviews that we read said this would happen so Will is going to write one. They probably do work better on a hard top but we love our rag top. We drove about a 100 miles to a Olive Garden restaurant and had that lovely salad and one of their small white pizzas which we split. We plan on going to that city at least once a month and eating at a good restaurant. Next it will be Chili’s then the Red Lobster. There are other stores there that we can get products from that we can’t get here so it will be a fun outing for sure. In a craft shop we picked up a huge beautiful snowflake that will be lovely hanging in a front window.

SUSAN I was jazzed to find that washer and dryer. They are making such neat things for small places like trailers, motor homes and college dorm rooms nowdays. The large type washer/dryer combos are really nice but we really don't want to give up that closet space and these little things can be stored easily in an outside compartment. I do so love fresh towels. :p It is in the high 50's here today and we are going to get some rain.

JEAN I had to laugh about your tooth brushes. We also get new ones every 6 months and don't use them for we prefer our electronic brushes. We do have one in our travel bags and they get replaced before they ever do really need to. They make good little scrubbers also for places in the bathroom or kitchen. I like to use them on the faucets especially. The small tubes of tooth paste are great to have in the travel bags. :D

QuilterInVA 10-17-2013 12:22 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! We had rain in the night but the sun is out right now and heading for 79 degrees today.

I had my library bee last night and tonight is Ladies of the Evening so that will be fun. Tomorrow night is Sew Night at Bella's so another evening of fun. Lisa told me she is moving Bella to a new and larger location 7 miles further down the road. I'm so glad she is doing so good. Her first shop was tiny, that was 5 years ago.

Maggie, I am always sorry for the family and friends of those left behind but never for the person who passed away for they are in a much better place and free from any pain they were having on earth. It great your daughter had friends in CA to help here and to now help you at this difficult time. I always get Apricot Chicken and salad when I go to Olive Garden. It is so good!

Jean, I hate to get winter things out, too, but I can tell you a blanket is going on the bed this weekend. It was cold with just the quilt. I need to get winter clothes out and see what fits and what needs to go to the thrift store.

Have a wonderful day. My lunchtime is just about over so I need to get to work.

Maggie 10-17-2013 12:39 PM

Thoughtful Thursday

GOOD ROCKTOBER LATE MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a chilly 40°s this morning in the ♥-Land and it feels good with the heater turned on. Will has gone to the museum and all is quiet here in this house. I sure hope I can get into get my hair trimmed before we do have to head out to CA. My upsweep is a bit too long and Will needs his head shaved. I can shave his head :yes: but he can’t cut my hair. :nono: Will wants me to make a pot of chili beans this day so that is what I will be doing for dinner. Easy for me to do and in this weather they will taste good. It is down right chilly outside.

I ordered a few necessary things for the MH and what is really neat is that they have a great dog dish combo that doesn’t spill water on the floor for those of us who have dogs on our travels. The food and water dishes sit in a container that has walls and holes in the bottom which drain the spilt water into a tray that encases it. Here at home we have their dishes sitting on a place mat but need something better for when we are all in the MH. I have the perfect corner in the kitchen area where I will feed them. I can just see their bowls sliding across the floor so I am getting prepared. Right now the MH is parked out of town in the country at a friends place where we will leave it for the winter. Meanwhile we will be fixing up a place here beside the house to park it. I can wait until then to get all the goodies I have rounded up to put into it to take care of our creature comforts. I got a chuckle when I overheard Will talking with a man today and said, “No Maggie will not be overloading it but will put what is necessary in it.” I already saved a chunk of weight for opting to not put in a full sized washer/dryer in a closet. :cp: Plus I saved a chunk of change by getting the little washer and dryer instead of the thousand dollar model of washer/dryer. It is fun gathering up the necessary things we will need to have in it.

Since we don’t plan to be full-timers again when I make up a menu for the amount of time we will be “out there” on the road I can make sure, if needed, I also take what appliance it is to make the food in but that particular appliance won’t have a permanent home in the MH. Right at this moment in time I can’t think of what I would have to take along except if Will wanted me to pressure smoke a rack of ribs. :lol: I can make most dinners without using a special appliance but just in case that is what I can do. Also I have to think of what I can make without any electricity because where we go there aren’t always any hook ups. I have an oven that fits on a camp stove that collapses down to 2 inches thick and is a 12”x12” cube when opened up. It bakes great biscuits. I do have ways to cook and bake without electricity. I have small bake pans that fit into that oven also. Since I am the chief cook and bottle washer I need to have my tools. :lol: And would you believe it if I told you I even have a bake tile that fits into that small oven on the rack. I use a tile stone here at home for baking so why not on the road also I ask. Yikes I have been a motor mouth about our motor home fixins.

SUSAN What a wonderful busy week you are having. Congratulations to your friend Bella who owns that shop. You are so right about the folks left behind when someone crosses over but we should really be joyful that they are in a better place. I hope they are planning a sing off for her out there. It is so nice to hear the mighty chorus singing a loved ones favorite songs as a “sing off” for the one who has passed. Next time we go to OG I am going to have that Apricot Chicken and endless salad you mentioned. It sounds yummy.

Jean 10-17-2013 03:03 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a beautiful fall day in my neighborhood although chilly and breezy. I went to get my nails done this morning and ran a couple other errands on my way home. I've been looking and sorting through catalogs; I seem to get a lot of catalogs in the fall. Bob is farming again so won't see him until dark.

Maggie -- A monthly trip to your favorite shopping sites and restaurants sounds like a good plan to me! I really like all three of your places to eat. :T It was 32 degrees when I went downstairs this morning -- too cold. I hope you can get your hair cut before you leave. It seems like my hair will be just the way I like it one day and the next it goes every which way and time for a trim. I can imagine you are having fun to get everything together for your motorhome. It's too bad it's not all set for the CA trip. How many children do you have? If you've ever said I have forgotten. :o

Susan -- When you speak of Ladies of the Night, I ALWAYS have to :D ! You have been doing a lot of quilting! It's nice that Bella is doing so well and move to a larger place. :yes: I'm seriously thinking about putting the flannel sheets on the bed! Bob mentioned he was cold the other night and brought a blanket up from downstairs. I have a small extra blanket I put on my side now but he is usually warmer than I am. When I'm cold I'm cold!

I need to keep moving and vacuum the fur/dust bunnies. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

Jean 10-18-2013 09:34 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, NO wind for a nice change, and it's a cold 34 degrees! Bob is farming again today and I have lots of things I can do; more drawers to clean out, clothes and shoes to sort, pictures to sort through, a grocery run, and the list goes on. I did get the dusting and vacuuming done yesterday plus both bathrooms.

I need to make my grocery list and beat the crazy people who come out on Fridays. This town is just plain nuts on Fridays for some reason. Hope you all enjoy a great day! :wave:

Maggie 10-18-2013 01:26 PM

Finally Friendly Fun Friday

Gracious sakes I woke up and it was snowing large flakes. We will probably have frost on the pumpkin this year. Not quite enough to cover all the grass but it snowed. The talking heads did say that it will be much cooler this week and next. I actually got out one of my jackets to wear when I go outside.

I made a huge pot of chili beans last evening for dinner and have a goodly amount left for a nice dinner tonight. We have some delicious onion buns from the bakery that are so good toasted to go with a nice bowl of it. I have some peaches that need to be cut up and that will be so good to serve for a nice healthy dessert. I like to sprinkle a tad bit of almond flavoring with some Splenda® over the slices and they are so yummy. Makes my mouth water thinking about that.

While out and about Will brought me a sheet of sticky backed hearts. They have any design you can think of just about on them ~ no two are alike and they are of small sized to large. There are 66 in all on the page and range from small ¾ inch up to ⅞ inch ones. And he brought a page of 30 different “Sealed With a Kiss” (lips) stickers of 3 different sized blotted lips. What fun I will have with my new stickers.

Nothing much on my ticket this afternoon except getting my hair cut. Just waiting for the call to start our journey out to CA ~ I’m still packed and ready to go.

JEAN I do hope in your cleaning out your drawers that you find something that you have been looking for. That usually happens with me. AH, that is where that is. I am sure your husbands friends are very happy that he loves to ride the tractor. Helps them out tremendously I would imagine. Got to get out there while the getting’ is good. The people come out on Friday here also to shop. Guess they need to make a run for what they need for the weekend.

Jean 10-19-2013 10:49 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It is raining, cold, and gloomy in my neighborhood this morning. Bob just left to see if it raining in the fields they were working on yesterday. Lots of times we get rain and the other side of the lake does not, or vice versa. Weird! I need to make a library run as my books are due Monday. I'm afraid I will forget if I wait until Monday in between church, the hospital, bank, and a meeting.

Maggie -- Keep your snowflakes! Bob just came home and announced they've been rained out for the day. Guess I will run some errands with him.

I do need to get some laundry going and head for the library too. Enjoy your day wherever you are and whatever you have planned for the day. :wave:

Maggie 10-19-2013 01:05 PM

Simply Saturday

The snow we got yesterday went away very quickly but not before I did get to look out and see a white yard. Seems a little early for snow but what do I know. The temperature today is said not to get any higher than the 60°s. The dogs and cat love it for they are all outside laying on the grass.

The new gal that did my hair did a job as good as the one I used to have do my hair who is no longer there. The gal that used to do my hair was the owner and sold it and is setting up a place in her home to do hair. When she gets it all set up we will go there to get our hair done probably since we are two of the ones she gave personal invitations to come to her home.

The gal that did my hair yesterday and I got to talking about coffee and we both like ours hot. I told her what kind of coffee drinking container I have and she wants one so I took the catalogue to her that I got mine from. It has remained as the best one to keep the beverage hot longer than any other on the market says the catalogue that searches for the “best” of what it sells. For those of us that like our coffee hot it is the best container to have in my humble opinion. It also keeps ice for hours also.

I received the RV clothes dryer and am anxious to give it a try. I think I will wait to try it out after I receive the washer I have on order. We have it figured out where to park the MH in the back yard and it will just take removing some of the fencing and replacing it with a gate and placing some boards down to park it on until we can get a slab poured. It is a pretty level part of the back yard and won’t take much removal to make it truly level. Even though our friends say we can leave it at their house we would rather have it here so we can do what we want to it more conveniently. So as soon as we can get the yard fixed for it we can go get it and bring it home. I can put the items that I have ordered to go in it in their proper places.

I saw something disgusting in the Wal*Mart parking lot yesterday. A tall thin young man had his pants belted tight around his legs below his bottom so they would not slip further off down his legs. I certainly do hope this does not catch on and becomes the style of the day. His black undershorts were pulled up to his waist. For sure he is a definite negative attention seeker. It reminded me of those pictures that circulated around the internet awhile back about Wal*Mart shoppers in various stages of dress or undress as it was in many cases. Some folks just don’t care what they look like while out in the public eye and others love the shock value they glean from being outrageous. :soap:

I have a nice lean piece of sirloin meat in the crock pot with a packet of dry onion soup spread over the top with some garlic powder mixed in. It should all be ready come dinner time. I will make some green beans and mashed potatoes to go with it and some more of those delicious peaches. I do so love fresh fruit. I just finished a cup of chicken broth soup for my lunch and it felt so good going down.

JEAN Hope you had a good time running errands. I have a stack of books I plan on reading that belong to Will and they are some of my favorite authors. The one I am just starting is by Robert Crais, Taken and is an uncorrected proof for limited distrubition. The author may make changes before it goes to press. Crais is the master of crime fiction and I love reading his works.

Jean 10-20-2013 03:00 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, it's raining leaves, and it's a cool 57 degrees in my neighborhood. A beautiful fall day if I do say so myself. We are supposed to head down into the low 40s next week. :brr: Bob sang at church today so I went back after second service for lunch. The kids grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for a fund raiser. Bob is back at the farm and I'm trying to decide what to do next. I have a busy day tomorrow (counting money at church, flu shot at the hospital, gift shop money to count and deposit, a meeting in the afternoon, and card club tomorrow night, so know I won't get anything done around here tomorrow. I wish everything didn't happen in one day but that seems to be the norm lately.

Maggie -- I am curious to know how many pieces of clothing, or other articles, you can wash and dry at one time. We were always nagging boys to pull up their pants at school. One teacher said he would ask one time and then would kick the kid out of class until there was a meeting with parents. Sometimes that worked and sometimes it didn't. I have to admit our WM is bad but not quite as bad as some of the pictures I've seen on other emails. From people watching I think there are way too many who don't care how they look when they are out in public. :(

I guess I will finish the Sunday papers and go from there . . . . . maybe a nap is in order. Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

Maggie 10-20-2013 05:35 PM

Sunny Sunday

I hope your Sunday is going well with you. The temp today is in the 60° range with a light breeze.

We went by and looked at gates and have settled on a chain link fence type to match our back fence. We need to put one in to get the motor home into the back yard. We want to get it home so we can winterize it and do some other things on it.

Still no word from CA of when my daughter’s funeral can be held. Guess there is a long line of those in that particular area that have requested to have folks cremated. We remain packed and ready to go all except making arrangements for the animals to be boarded and motel reservations to made ~ once again.

This is the Sunday where we go to another small town where Will preaches for a congregation there once a month. They always have a wonderful pot-luck for the noon meal and I am able to make “smart” choices. I love it that whoever brings the fresh green salad brings jars of dressing for folks to choose which one they prefer. I eat mine plain and have gotten used to that way. Sometimes when we are eating out and the restaurant has a real good dressing I have it on the side and use the dipping of the fork method.

I get such a kick out of Cecil. While I was out in the kitchen he brought a live cricket and dropped it at my feet then he backed up about 3 feet, sat down and watched me. I got a paper towel and picked it up and told him what a good boy he was to bring it to me and put it in the trash. He is such a good boy to bring me gifts. :lol: He then went back outside stalking something in the grass ~ probably another cricket.

JEAN The small compact washer has a 4½ pounds washing capacity. All the reviews on it were great for the folks who have them love them. When I get mine I will wash a load and then try out my little spin dryer. I ordered the washer and the dryer from different places and that is why I didn't get them both delivered at the same time. One place is lots slower than the other I am finding out. At least those guys at your school weren't wearing their pants below their bottom ~ just close. Why even wear pants if you want all that to show?

QuilterInVA 10-21-2013 08:53 AM

Good morning, ladies! A nippy 43 degrees this morning!

I have a quilt on my bed but I'm going to have to put a blanket under it for I woke up in the night feeling cold. Casper must have been cold, too, for he got under the quilt and went to sleep.

I hope this isn't a sign of a snowy cold winter. The leaves are falling without even having much color this year. My Cape Myrtle is already bare.

No quilting bees this week so it will be a time I can do some quilting at home. I'm also making a bag for my yoga mat. I found this fabric of frogs doing yoga poses so I'm going to incorporate that into the bag.

Jean, the farmers are harvesting cotton now. It looks like snow along the sides of the road where it falls off the trucks. There is a bumper crop this year with all the rain we had throughout the summer. A good thing because last year they lost a lot due to too much rain at harvest time. The price of cotton quilting fabric is now $12.95 and up. I'm glad I have a large fabric stash so I don't have to buy more.

Maggie, your monthly trip sounds like a nice change. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun outfitting your motor home. It's like a doll house for grownups!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Jean 10-21-2013 05:20 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I am home for a couple hours until I have to change clothes for card club. It's been a sunny, windy, too cool day in my neighborhood. I really noticed the wind coming and going from all of my running in and out of the car to buildings today. The church secretary added another account on my list so half of my entries went to budget while the rest went to the kids' fund raiser; the difference being whether someone pledged or not. GRRRR! I didn't catch it until I was almost done but she graciously "fixed" all of them individually while I watched. She's done that to me before and it makes me growly when I don't catch it right away. Got my flu shot at the hospital, so picked up the gift shop money while I was there. Made that deposit on my way to my afternoon meeting. Bob is farming so I won't see him until I get home from card club later. Tomorrow I'm meeting with the gift shop buyer, who has resigned, to learn how to order the greeting cards.

Maggie -- I thought maybe you would plan a winter jaunt in your new motorhome. You will have fun getting it ready for whenever you decide to go.

Susan -- Your weather sounds like our's right now. Your yoga mat bag will be cute with the frogs on it. The prices on everything are going up by leaps and bounds! I've noticed several things coming in smaller packaging too. However, our gas price just dropped to $3.05. Go figure!

"Gma" -- I thought you would be home by now. Hope all is well with you and Jack.

I just noticed my neighbor has a gutless deer hanging upside down in his garage with the door open. Gag! He does that every year and I wish he'd shut the door!

Hope you all enjoy your evening! :wave:

Jean 10-22-2013 10:52 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a wet gloomy morning and it's snowing! It looks more like heavy raindrops but definitely white. :hyper: The weatherman said snow showers so guess he was right this time. I have a meeting this afternoon and need to declutter this morning. I think I have a couple church birthdays coming up so need to get those cards ready.

I am dressed and ready to take on the day, so need to get busy! Enjoy a terrific Tuesday! :wave:

QuilterInVA 10-22-2013 11:07 AM

This thread is closed. Please go to Steel Magnolias #62.