Old 10-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I know a few addies for the above people, but can I actually share your dropbox with them?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #32  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thank you Michelle for getting the photo frame. I have sent you money via PayPal - not sure how fast it shoots through but I hope it's immediate. And thank you Shad for the tip on potentially losing your files in the Dropbox. I made copies - a bit tedious but at least I was able to get captions on them too. And after much head scratching (but I did persist!!!) I finally got my photos uploaded to Mel's folder.

I have to say Shad that your scenery pictures are downright stunning!

And if some of the other ladies were unable to get pictures to you perhaps we could swipe a few from their Facebook pages. Might not be fantastic pixel quality but hey - some of mine are less intense too just to save on space.

I think this is just a fantastic idea and I'm sure she will really enjoy it. I hope the jpg titles show on the picture frame so that she knows what some of the stuff is - otherwise we'll just have to compile a "Hitchhikers Guide to Mel's Pics"

Thanks a million for pulling this together Michelle and for the idea Shad. I do agree that we should get this put together and off to Mel as soon as possible and even quicker than yesterday.

Michelle - I know what you mean about 10 minute walks. I am still having back / spine / leg issues occasionally and I sure would love to be able to walk more than a block without looking like Quasimodo. But we just keep pushing along as best we can. And thank you for mentioning about including pictures of ourselves - I really hate how I look right now, good motivation to change. But I did include pictures

Shad - hope you got some nice groceries. Sophia is such a cutie!!!!

Man it's late and I was supposed to shower but I got caught up with the pictures - I really wanted to finish them tonight. So maybe just a fast "rinse me off" as DH would say.

I did make some Polish soup for my cousin. Funny I made a recipe that I haven't had in over 35 years and I'm not even sure what it's supposed to taste like! I also made a pot of apple sauce and got a bonus container of "cider" from the drippings as one of the apple varieties was quite watery. Both came out delicious. I have more to do and my kitchen is a DISASTER. I think I washed every dish, pot and spoon at least 3 times today. Dishpan hands - I've got 'em.

Anyway - good night ladies - sleep well. Enjoy your weekend at home Shad.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #33  

Donna, I really like that pic with the slightly longer hair. Might have to pinch that before the drop box goes off to Mel.
As for the copy and paste, I just made both files a bit smaller (maximise/minimise button) so I could see both the dropbox and my photo folder on the same screen. I then selected a photo from my file and right moused on the one I wanted to copy. Copied it, then pasted it onto the dropbox file. Had to change the odd name or two, but it worked well for me. If you have several to upload at the same time, you can select all of them, then right mouse, copy and paste. They will all come across.
Sorry if I am preaching to the choir here.

Last edited by Shad; 10-05-2013 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Trying to be helpful
Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #34  

Okay, so I have spent a lot of time today on the drop box and my photos. I even uploaded one of Jen. That should give Mel a smile or two. Bet she didn't know I had that. I have a couple of photos (not digital) of Mel herself so maybe I should look for those and see if they will scan.

So I have done the shopping and the laundry and sort of cleaned the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher. Tomorrow I better go see if my mining gear still fits - geez I hope so. No pants might be a bit much for the poor old planners.

Ceejay - hope you didn't have to go to work

Happy - I liked the Autumn photos you posted and the one you put on (or was it Michelle) of Annie, Laura and Michelle. That's a really good photo. They look pretty happy with each other.
The apple cooking sounds so nice - and some cider to boot. Yummy. Some apples really aren't good for cooking, but apples are so good for you. What was it that Bob Harper said in his thinking think articles. Apples and berries - Every. Single. Day.

Okay, better go look like I want to do something. Always the same first day home. If I go shopping, then I don't want to do anything else for the rest of the day. Naughty Shad.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I am stupid
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Me too Annie when it comes to all this digital stuff.

Didn't go to Paragould this morning. I slept till 11.30 this morning. I was exhausted. Told my aunt not to look for me. I know they are all talking about me today but that's okay.

Happy
Your soup sounds good. May make some this week end since the weather is turning cooler. The rain is on it's way.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick post before I get ready for the day. I did my laundry. Did the vacuuming. And have to get a quick shower before my stepbrother and I leave for San Francisco. My stepbrother's b'day is tomorrow and I purchased a "Wildlife and Eco Cruise" of the SF Bay. It's 90 minutes and we should see seals, sea otters, sea lions, birds and maybe some dolphin and whale. Should be a great time as it's sunny and gorgeous out and should be in the mid-70s to nearly 80 by the Bay.

Happy - I did get the money last night. Thank you. I haven't checked DropBox yet to see everyone's photos.

Some of the photos I take today may get up to DropBox as I think my phone syncs with it automatically.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #38  

Annie - you are not stupid, nor is Ceejay. And I won't have either of you saying so. So you are not digitally inclined. That is why we are here to help. Geez I often wish I could cook as well as you. I can cook, but I am the Klutz cook coming from a family of superb cooks. Ceejay knows far more about electricity and water than I do. So where's the stupid????

If you have a problem with the drop box or putting pics on a memory stick - flash drive or whatever you call them over there, let me know because if you send the pictures to me then I can put them on the dropbox for you. Just ensure that you only email a couple of pics at a time and I will do the rest.

Poor dog next door has been barking all night. I think they may have gone away for the long weekend and left him to do his own thing. I'm about to swing over the fence later to see if he has water and food. If not, then I won't hesitate to phone the pound or the RSPCA and get them on the job.

I'm up to day 19 of the 30 day abs challenge. It now takes up a fair bit of my time so it is done at intervals. Sometimes I find however when I am off to bed that I still have the last bit to do. Damn. I hate exercising at night.

Ceejay - not surprised you slept in. Rest should be on your menu for today as well. As we age, it takes a lot more out of us with the overtime, long days etc. I know I feel it as well.

Michelle - hope the cruise does well. I went on a harbour cruise in SF. It was good but didn't really go far apart from around Alcatraz.

Okay - lots to do today. And I need to go talk to the dog again, so I will go and do the next 20 sit ups and crunches and leg lifts. The plank comes in the next session of exercises
Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #39  

Michelle
the cruise sounds like a lot of fun. Make pictures. And I'm going to mail you a check via snail mail. I've used paypal to purchase but never to send money.

Shad
Thanks for the offer to help. Maybe I can figure out something to send to Mel. Not sure about getting pix of the fire truck. I am resting today and tomorrow also.

--------
This will be day five. of the ab challenge. Went to the grocery store today and go some things for next couple of days. I want to make some soup.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #40  
Choose your hard

Hey guys - I have been in I.T. all my life and I had a bit of a dickens trying to figure out how to get the pictures set up. I felt like I should have had to turn in my I.T. card. I did contact Java and OneDayAtATime via FB and they both identified some of their FB pictures which I uploaded to the picture album. I will be happy to do that for anyone else who needs help. I can also send you a link so you can see all the pictures if you send me your email address - just bear in mind that I can only receive about 4 more private messages on 3FC before my account fills up.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #41  
Choose your hard

Back again.

Rained like the dickens yesterday. Awful day for outdoor festivals. DH was hopeful it was just a cloud or two and wanted to check out the cranberry fest so off we went. It was poorly organized. According to the website you would not have to walk more than 3 blocks to get to the festival. Bunch of hooey. We got about a mile and a half out of town and there was a sheriff's car with a sign "road closed to through traffic". So we thought that was as far as we could go and parked there and started walking. And walking and walking. I wasn't really up to going because not only was it raining but my knee and ankle were really hurting. However DH gave up an ATV ride to go with me to the festival so I felt I had to go. All this walking was not doing me much good. Seemed like we'd never get to town. Finally got there and things were spread all over the place with no real maps of where to get to what. Being a cranberry festival we expected and wanted to find cranberries. We walked up the hill where there were some shops and turned off at the vendor and craft booths. This time of year we have a lot of fall festivals so you see the same vendors and very similar things that you saw at the last 4 festivals so I wasn't as interested in the craft stuff. Particularly if I had to lug it back a mile and a half to the car. We did find one Amish tent in the middle of the bunch and purchased a fresh pie and some strawberry & cranberry jam. At one point I couldn't help it but had to use the porta potties - ewwww ewww ewwww. Lowpoint of the trip Even with the rain it was crowded and people were standing in front of the booths chatting with their friends or just kind of gawking and not paying attention. Either way it made it difficult to view the booths so after walking around for about an hour, DH and I both decided it was time to leave. The festival is really huge and it winds up and down the streets of town, in between that there are residential streets where people are having taking advantage of the crowds to have garage sales and sell crafts of their own. The town is very hilly also which adds to the fun. If the weather was a little better and I had been better prepared I think I would have enjoyed it more. When we were getting ready to leave we noticed that some enterprising people were shuttling people back and forth between the fair and the parking lots using ATVs and golf carts - you just tipped them whatever you felt appropriate so we took advantage of that - thank goodness because the climb back was muddy, slippery and up hill! I would have preferred if they had a map of the grounds (it was big enough to constitute that) and if they had clustered food, baked goods, arts & crafts and rummage sales into various sections. This way you could spend your time in the areas that interested you most. We might go back to the town next week to sample some cranberry wine at the winery as well as find a place which sells fresh, locally grown cranberries. We were both disappointed they didn't have more in the way of cranberry goods. Afterwards we went to Famous Dave's restaurant for an early dinner and had a nice meal. I just love their cornbread muffins!

Called my sister for her birthday, got a hold of Java Turtle and Patty and got some of their pictures for Mel's album and before I knew it, was time for bed. Today I have laundry and I really need to get cracking on those leftover tomatoes. They all ripened even though I had them covered and in the dark and I've already pitched the cherry tomatoes - you can only eat so many of them and they don't really lend themselves well to cooking. I'll probably pitch another 1/4 of the regular tomatoes - those getting spots or soft. Going to make some citrus tomato marmalade, perhaps another try at a batch of pasta sauce and some salsa to go with chips for the footy game today. I'll also make another batch of apple sauce for freezing. There were a lot of time dependent things I had to do this week (ie. things needed to be done by a deadline) so my schedule was set and rather hectic. Between all the stuff that needed to be cooked and the mess with the new shades, my living area and kitchen are a total mess which is bugging me. By the end of today I should be able to put everything away and get things tidy again.

My neck and both knees are tight and pinched and quite achy but I'm just going to have to power through it. I did use a heat pack last night but might try some cold ice rub that I have to see if that makes a difference. Who cares if I smell like wintergreen - just me and DH and the cats today

Michelle - Patty said if you needed more money or were collecting for anything further to let her know.

Ceejay - hope you got some rest and were able to make some soup. It sure is great tasting on these cooler fall days although I'm not sure it's much cooler down your way. Are you getting any rain from these latest gulf storms?

Michelle - how was your cruise? Did you get to see anything good? I'm so glad that we did the photo collection - I am really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures.

Shad - what happened with the neighbor's barking dog? I would be so upset if people left the poor pooch for the weekend and went away. I don't even like leaving the cats and they tolerate a day by themselves much better than a dog does. I love looking at your photos - the birds is the bowl is a favorite as well as the landscapes. Heck, even I'd nick a few and run a screensaver of them - no wonder Mel liked looking at them. This Drop Box is a great idea just to share photos, especially for people who don't use FB much or at all. I'm glad you posted a picture of Jen - she is not at all what I pictured and I can see a lot of Mel in her. Nice to put a face with a name at long last. Thanks for the tips on the drop box and moving photos. Helpful to me and others I'm sure. I am starting to feel technically inept as I get farther and farther into retirement and away from the modern world. In fact I had to laugh - my sister ordered an iPad type of tablet for her birthday and the more she tried to figure it out, the more she got confused and decided to send it back. I told her I could totally relate to that! Thanks for the compliment on my hair. The darker, longer style is my go-to cut that I generally wear. I just lighten the color as we go through through the warm season and I'm out in the sun a lot and then go to red and then chocolate brown in the autumn and winter. It's about time to pick a new color but I think I'm going to leave it on the longer side of short. I noticed with it being short I don't leave as much of it in the hairbrush as I did before and I'm all about saving every last hair on my head at this point I'm quite surprised to hear you describe yourself as the klutz of cooking - I dunno, many of the party items you describe sound quite lovely. I can see though if you are just cooking something for yourself - particularly after a long day doing house or garden work - just not worth the effort to make something elaborate. However, Annie can still have the job as the cook at the commune

Well things are not going to get done by themselves so before I waste the day away, time to get off the computer.

Hope all you ladies have a good Sunday. Catch up with you later.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-06-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: words are rearranging themselves after I post ;)
Old 10-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #42  

Just a quick hello. Managed to get a few pics into dropbox. Great idea Shad. Thanks for stting up dropbox, Michelle. And buying the frame! Ill send u some $$, probably via mail. Already Sunday & the end of my vacation time. 2 do some laundry and maybe watch the Bears game today. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #43  
Choose your hard

oh forgot to say the picture of Annie, Laura and Michelle I grabbed from FB when those 3 got together last year. Very nice picture.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #44  

Whew, I finally figured out how to get a couple of pictures in the Dropbox.
Sorry I don't have more. The one of my nephew and myself was taken on my last trip to MO. We were acting goofy that day. I thought I dragged them down to the bottom but they flew in where they wanted to go.There is some neat pictures too. This is a good idea.
My friend that moved to Jonesboro is not liking her new job. She's been coming back for the week ends to check on things at the store and have some down time.
After talking to her I know it's not time for me to retire. I pray that I can continue to do my job.

-----
Happy
We got some rain last night but the rain from Karen hasn't made it this far yet. We really needed it too. I just noticed the different avatar. It's cute. Missing Mel's graphics.

Laura
Enjoy the foot ball game.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-06-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #45  

On the run again. Time is getting tight for getting to the airport and lots to do before I shut up the house and go off for my last week in Rockhampton.

The dropbox is looking good. Michelle if it okay with you, I will send my paypal money next week when I am home and will have some time.

Gotta go. Be back later at some other time and some other place