Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #271  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY....I don't have much mobility in that ankle anyway as it has so much scar tissue from the orginal surgery. I am sure I would be able to walk and drive if they do the fusion. Doc said the cortisone may or may not work and for how long he could not tell me. Today it is feeling pretty good, but then again it is day one. Good luck at the dentist, I am with you, I will take another shot of cortisone before goint to the dentist.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #272  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Happy - Hope the dentist no one likes isn't too bad today. Let us know if you get that gold tooth!! I sure hope you can get in to see the doctor and that another shot helps wipe out some of your pain - you sound so uncomfortable. We still haven't bought our Halloween candy yet, bf'll probably get it the day of.

Annie - Sorry to hear about your ankle situation. Ankle replacement sounds like the best option - too bad you're not able to get it right now. My understanding with these replacements is that they want them to be a one-time thing to last you the rest of your days, so getting it younger makes that less likely. I happen to know of two women under 50 who've had hip replacements, so it's possible... If you really want that option, maybe you should get more opinions? I hope the injection/brace/shoes help a bit.

Ceejay - Good job on the exercise. I haven't been getting to bed early enough the past few nights - it catches up to me eventually. Have to get an earlier start on the bedtime routine! Did you find your keys??

Michelle - I hope you got a better night's sleep last night. Yeh, I do think that the kickboxing class could lead to injuries if you're not careful - all the rapid moves and a lot of pivoting. I was definitely noticing that I was using my core a LOT during class and I was glad that I'd done that ab challenge and Pilates!! The soreness I thought might come did not, so I was glad for that.

Hi Shad, Hi Susie!!
++++++

I had a 2-lb loss yesterday at WW. That's a good kickstart back in the right direction. This week I'm committing to tracking all my eating, especially PM eating and weekends. The leader suggested starting my 24-hour tracking periods with dinner...it seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I think I've lost the point of how that helps. I guess it would have helped if I'd started my new week with dinner last night, but I'd decided to track from the beginning of the day anyway. Regardless, I will work on the tracking, and will use another suggestion to help me - snapping a photo of a meal to help with tracking later. WW's e-tools even has some sort of function in its app to do that.

Good thing I'd decided to skip movie night last night - there was a train vs pedestrian accident on my line for which I received an alert right before I left the office. I went to the station anyway, got on my train, but there were no announcements being made on the train - my seatmate didn't even know what was going on. I then got off the train, spoke to a conductor (they were all just standing around) and was told it would be at least an hour or two for this type of accident. I bought a candy bar - just so I had change for the subway fare, haha - and walked back east to catch the subway line that goes to the airport. That's still short of home, but only about 15 min. from home by car. Bf picked me up. I got home about an hour later than usual, including a stop to pick up burritos for dinner. (Yum, but very pointy!) All in all, it wasn't too bad. The e-mail alerts kept coming all evening and I saw delay times ranging from 120-210 minutes!! What a mess!

I need to look at the gym class schedule and see what tonight's class is. I was thinking if I didn't feel like doing a class tonight, I'd see what's on for tomorrow, but tomorrow is Halloween. I'd like to be home to deal with doggy when the kids come around trick-or-treating. So I guess I better suck it up and go to whatever the class is tonight. ....Okay, I've checked. Tonight is Zumba. Tomorrow's two evening classes are cancelled - do they anticipate no one will want to exercise on Halloween?? So Zumba it is.

Okay, the interruptions keep coming, so I better get this posted. Everyone have a good day.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-30-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #273  
Annie - Indiana

Default ankle shot

two of the 8 x rays of ankle
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ankle shot.pdf (111.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #274  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies -

Super busy at work, which is a good thing. going from projects to fighting fires to more projects. It's making the day go quickly at least.

Gotta run to a meeting. Late.

Bye
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #275  

Michelle - My day has been the opposite of yours. Not very productive. We have our annual fundraising activities going on this week (and last). Today are the parties - each floor has parties in conference rooms. Our floor is small, so only one party. Prep has been going on all week, but today was very busy with setup (our party's theme was a frat party), and then the parties began around 1:30-ish. Lots of distractions. I knocked off around 3:30 to hit all the parties for a short time. Several beers later, I'm not in a working mood anymore! Better enter my eating and drinking before I forget!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #276  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Wow! You're allowed to have beer at work? That surely doesn't happen at the places I worked at in Wisconsin...and doesn't happen that often here. Sounds like the parties were fun. BTW, congrats on the weight loss! Good for you!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

We're going to have a rainy day today. It started during the night.
And since I'm home today I get to enjoy some of the fall folliage in the neighborhood.
Need to go to the doctor either today or tomorrow to get my flu shot. They offer them at work and I signed up for one but they were given while I was on vacation. And no one called me. Sigh.

Laura
Wow, I didn't realize that the party was an office party. I'm not used to beer at work.

Michelle
I like to stay busy at work. How is your eye today?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #278  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY HALLOWEENIE...from Sassy!

Due to the severe weather we are supposed to have today and tonight, trick or treating has been moved to tomorrow night for most cities in Indiana. Weather is supposed to be rain, hail, high winds and possibly tornados. Here I sit on the 5th floor surrounded by windows. Yikes. lol. I'll get you my pretty and your dog Toto too!!

C didn't get home from fishing last night till 9. Baby boy came by before class, then my brother came over for our coaching session, which is going pretty well, btw. All and all a good evening.

A co-worker and I are going to walk the mall during lunch today. Neither of us take a lunch usually, but have decided to walk. I hope I can stand it, but at least would like to try.

LAURA....WOW party and beer at work. I have never worked anywhere it was allowed. Cannot even have it on your lunch hours either. Good job on the WL start. Keep on truckin sister.

CHELLE...good to have busy hands and minds, keeps you out of trouble. lol Like you get in trouble. NOT.

SHADDIE...so glad your finally got your luggage. Did you keep the tags to take the stuff back you purchased to replace?

HAPPY...how are you holding up working the thrift shop? Must be crazy hurt on your hips/feet standing all the time. Has Nina finally completely recovered?

CEEG...sounds like you are getting the same crappy weather we are, at least you are home and don't have to be out in it. Bleh.

I REALLY MISS OUR MELLIE!!

SUSIE...hope your week is going well. How did you do at TOPS?

That is about it for me. Have a terrific Thursday...

Loves and Hugs
Old 10-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #279  

Morning all. Happy Halloween. I'm wearing an orange long sleeve v-neck and black slacks. No costume, even though there's an "appropriate Halloween costume contest" today as part of our fundraiser activities. No slutty or tasteless costumes allowed, LOL.

Annie- So, no space in between the bones. Just the thought of the bones rubbing on each other is horrible. I hope the cortisone shot has kicked in and brought some relief. Huh, moved the Trick-or-treating. That's nice - poor kids want to wear their costumes and get some treats, so good for them it's not cancelled altogether. I'm also on the 5th floor of our building, but not close to any windows.

Ceejay - Nice you get to enjoy the fall color (before the rain does away with all the leaves). Too bad you couldn't get your flu shot - you were at home, you could have gone if if only they'd phoned you. No advance notice??

Michelle - Yes, the parties are part of our office fundraising activities. Naturally beer makes the wallets open more easily - there are a lot of raffles offered. Some of the rooms were very creative, and one even had live music (one of the duo was the husband of an employee).

Hellos to Happy, Shad & Susie!!
----
I left my bike at the train station last night. It was rainy and dark when I got off the train, so I walked home.

I was very tempted to stay home and chill out after getting home, but I got into my workout gear and went to the zumba class. Usually I'm happy I exercised and feel good afterwards, but this time I wasn't and didn't. The instructor was a bit late, strike one. I won't go into why I didn't care for her either because she announced she likely wouldn't be teaching this class on this day/time anymore, so I won't have to worry about avoiding that instructor's class.

Anyway, it was humid in the room because it was mild and rainy outside and the floor had that sticky feeling. Doing these three classes (Sat./Mon/Wed) with a lot of pivot moves has been hard on my feet, primarily my right foot. It has a big bunion on it and that's what hurts. I see a surgery in my future to get rid of that thing. Bleh.

I guess it's a good thing I'm busy Saturday morning and won't go to a class that day. Let my foot rest. And maybe Sunday I'll do a spin or yoga class. Or maybe not.

Dark and rainy again today. I walked to the train. Unless it's not raining tonight, I'll likely be leaving my bike parked at the station again.

I won one of my raffles, but the one I least cared about - for a 6-pack of German beer. (That was in the Oktoberfest party room, where they were selling pretzel necklaces - I love that idea, so easy, just string small pretzels on a piece of twine. I might have to bring that to a party sometime, lol.) I only entered that one for bf's benefit. Oh well, it's something, and all the proceeds are going to a good cause.

That's about it for me. Everyone have a great day!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #280  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

Another busy day at work, and it's just barely started! If I get to work before the Desktop/Network Administrator, I cover the help desk as best as I can until he gets in. Most of the time the problems are too network related for me to know what to do...but today....no such luck. Right after I walked in, a user said that she couldn't figure out how to plug the power cord into her laptop docking station. Really? How do you do it every other day that you work? 5 minutes after I fixed that, she said that her keyboard wasn't working, but the keyboard on her laptop was. Ummm, maybe your keyboard got unplugged?

I don't mind helping people...but seriously...if they took 2 minutes to try and fix it themselves, they could've had it fixed in a faster time than calling Help Desk and having me come over. I think sometimes people would rather call for help than spend a minute to figure stuff out. I don't expect people to be completely computer savvy...but you should at least now how to plug in your computer and keyboard.

Okay...enough of my rant.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll try and do personals tonight. I don't have any plans except maybe helping my step-mom hand out candy.

Annie - I heard that trick or treating was being postponed in Indy. Stay safe and dry, sista.

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #281  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi All,

I actually stayed up too late last night watching a classic old Gene Hackman movie that was very strange and slept too late this morning so I am running very behind. Will catch up tonight.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #282  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Another lousy wet day here I see. Yesterday it blew and rained and was very cold - well at least compared to what I am used to. I'm on the 6th floor and the windows rattled with the wind. Couldn't see much of the harbour because of the rain and low cloud. It's supposed to lift somewhat today but let's not hold our breath since the weather men are consistently wrong anyway.
Work is going okay and I am up to 9 hour days again. It will get worse no doubt. Trying to get into the head of someone to figure out what they were thinking when they wrote the doco is not easy. You have to try to figure out what they were trying to say when they state something fairly obscure and the spelling and grammar is somewhat haphazard. Last night we all went for a few drinks to a bar in a very old historic house that used to be a brothel. Interesting place. It was built back in the 1800s and was built much further up the hill. Later it got moved down the hill and to its present site and made earthquake proof. It's been a brothel, a home, a lawyers office, a shop with apartments above among other interesting incarnations and now its a bar. Wellington has several interesting places like this. The old Boulcott house for example, used to be the home of one of our civic leaders from way back, and is now a historic site as well. It's one of those pretty old early Victorians with the gingerbread look. It wasn't strong enough to be moved so they engineered the foundations and put the house in a glass dome sort of thing and built a huge tower block over the glass dome. You can still see the house and tour it, but basically it is underground and protected from the elements. Mr Boulcott would have been amazed.
I've viewed a couple of apartments in the last couple of days. I've applied for one and maybe I will hear today whether or not I still have to keep searching. It is right in the centre of the city. Has 2 bedrooms if any of you want to come over for a holiday.

Geez I miss Mel on this site. I miss not having her posts waiting for me to see and laugh over in the morning. Not that I don't get a giggle out of some of your posts, but.......... I just wish Jen could correspond a little more frequently. Don't care who she corresponds with, just talk to us...........

Anyway - to personals.

Annie - not nice hearing about the ankle and the various ways to fix it. Haven't actually heard of ankle replacements before but no doubt it can be done. If they can do knees and hips, they should be able to do ankles. Bummer on the wait to get it done tho'. Here they seem to think that you should get 10 to 15 years out of a replacement but some get more and some get less. Law of averages I guess. A lot seems to trigger on the weight factor as well. The bigger you are the more stress on hips and knees I guess.
I have kept my receipts. The airline will only reimburse $100 and nothing has gone missing so my travel insurance won't cover the rest. Most of the 100 bucks went on underwear - bloody stuff isn't cheap these days despite the fact that it is made in bloody China.

Michelle - on the 'no help' desk hey? Every one whinges about help desks - including me and I've been on one more times than I can remember - but some of the stupidity out there takes some beating. Of course your desktop won't go if the power is out. It doesn't run on batteries. Of course you actually need to plug it into the desktop AND the wall outlet. Of course you need to turn the power ON. Laptop doesn't work - maybe the battery is flat? Yes they do need recharging once in a while. Good luck with that.

Laura - while most of our worksites are 'dry', we do have beer and wine in the fridge for the odd occasions that we get together to celebrate something on a Friday night or whatever. Usually any alcohol is kept under lock and key by the social club member or whoever.

Ceejay - Hope the guys are now putting out the rubbish on garbage day. That'd be a bit smelly.

Happy - stayed up too late again. Ah well. It's what we should be able to do when we retire. Although so many have said that they are much busier after retirement than before.

Hello to Susie. Your ticker is looking good. Mine has been static for a while now. I really will have to get out there and do something. Things have been a bit hectic lately however and my workout gear took off for a bit of a flying holiday with the rest of my gear.

1st of November here. ****REALLY????****. Will see if I get time to start a new thread today. And tonight I am going out to my nieces place for dinner so won't have much time for anything then. What should we call this one.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #283  
Creating a Healthier Me

These possible thread titles just came to me...

Worldly Chicks Nurturing Ourselves and Our Sisters in November

Worldly Chicks Giving Thanks for Our Friendship (I know it's that Shad doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving in November, nor do our Canadian Chicks, but I think we can all be thankful for our friendship and the love and support we have here.)

I like the idea of keeping good vibes and positive energy for Mel in the thread title (like we did in October).

Last edited by diyana; 10-31-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I like the second title Michelle. I know that had to be annoying this morning but I can understand the customers frustration. I had to call about my new computer too. Simply because there were three set's of cable cords and I was trying to hook them all up and it only took one cord. Some of us are very illiterate on computers.
I did, however, hook up a High Definition enchancer for the t.v. in the bedroom. It worked. Going to try this out to see if I can cut back on my cable bill.

Annie
We must have had the same weather you will have. We sure got some heavy rain and wind. Not sure you should be walking with the foot problem.

Shad
I love the historical buildings. Have a nice time with your niece tonight.

Happy
I know the feeling of staying up to late. I need to keep myself on a schedule.

Hi susie
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #285  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Have set up the new November thread Worldly Chicks Giving Thanks for Our Friendship

Come visit us there - Don't Post Here Any More. Y'all hear now?

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-01-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: lost my ability to spell but typos drive me nuts
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote