3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldly Chicks in October - Keepin The Sisterhood Tight

Old 10-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #181
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The yellow jacket's nest is gone. Landlord sent one of his men out this morning. They were in deep too. Will try and up load a picture I took with the phone. Plus one of my chores for next week has been done. They were under one of my plants that was over grown. He left a couple of sprigs that were not infected with the jackets.

Shad
I've heard of brown water but I'm assuming that grey water is rain water, caught off houses etc.!!

Laura
I hope the cranberry meds help.

Happy
Have fun with the writing class. I should have brought home my books from the so called class that we're taking--more like an online class for our continuing education hours.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #182

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Ceejay - grey water is water from the shower or washing machine. You may call it brown water. It's good on the ornamental garden but you can't use it on the vege patch. That water should come from the rain water tank. But unfortunately it hasn't rained that much and the tank is falling into disrepair. Nothing lasts forever.

Happy - so pleased that those lessons were good and you learned a lot. I guess I will have to watch Amazon to see when you and Michelle publish and I can download your books.
The Mexican aigs were good. I put very little chili in there since I am not a fan of it myself - says she who grows about ten chili plants. There was just enough to know that it was there and not enough to jump up and down and say 'oh sh*t that burned, where's the water to put the fire out'
Nice that you were having facetime with your sister. Mine is still not talking to me. That'll change soon, as I will become annoyed enough to send her a message.

Michelle - good on you for getting together with a trainer. Even if it is only for one session it is good to get a routine going. Sorry to hear that Santa is still not well, but best not to annoy the bossman and go to work. Many of the contracts I have done love it when you work from home because you can offer lower daily rates.

Annie - Yeah our water rates are crazy, but then I did overwater a couple of times and sometimes it is too much effort to use the rain tank and so the garden has had an overdose of the very expensive stuff. It hasn't rained enough to keep refilling it anyway, and one good water will empty the tank anyway. I have some plans to take the tank down the back and use it to collect the water from the shed and put in some of those funny tanks that look like lego blocks and can be added onto to pick up the water from the house. Of course if I look at that project it means the guttering will have to be replaced, and more outlay will be needed. Guess I better look for another job.

Laura - yes that challenge is really hard work at the end. Can't wait. Halfway through the second to last day. It seems to take forever now.
Hope you had a great time browsing the shops. Buy anything interesting?

Hi Susie.

Thinking of you Mel (and Jen) - hoping for some peaceful time for both of you.

Okay, so today I will finish cleaning the floors in the laundry, loo and bath. Then I might get started on the main bedroom. Not raining today but I think I will work inside anyway, catch up on the filing and the dust. The cat is home so there are clumps of fur everywhere.
And then I need to think about something to take to DB2's house for supper. Last nights dinner was a slow roasted bone lamb leg marinated in garlic, lemon juice and oil and served with a warm roasted pumpkin and tomato, spinach and feta salad. It was really nice but I think I overdid the lamb. Too much slow cooking or maybe it was the last blast in the recipe that did it. When I make it again, I will just slow bake it and not worry about trying to crisp it up. Yesterdays lunch (and probably today and tomorrows) was layered sushi which is just okay. I won't bother with that recipe again. I have made tastier sushi. This one is missing something.

With that I had better be off. Got to finish this challenge for today and then shower and get on with whatever comes along for the day.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #183
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Thanks for the link to the courses! I will check those out. You bring up a good question about why I take Santa to day care. When I get my own place (if I don't have to worry about nearby neighbors being annoyed by Santa's barking), I will leave him at home. But at my step-mom's home, she has so many REALLY nice things and her home is her sanctuary. And even though Santa is really well-behaved and mostly just barks occasionally when I'm gone, there have been occasions in the past where he had to "go" and couldn't hold it or lifted a leg to wage a protest about being left alone, or he could chew on something or get into something (most of the house is puppy proof, but he'd find an area that is not. Anyway, I do not want him damaging any of my step-mom's home in the slightest...hence the day care. Cats are usually easier to leave alone...give them food, water and a clean litter box and they're usually fine. Dogs, however, have to go out to do business.

I'll be back later to check in on the rest of y'all.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 10-18-2013 at 06:38 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #184
gettin' with the plan

I'm asking a question how do you add a photo on here.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #185

If you want to add them as an attachment, click the Go Advanced button. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Manage Attachments.

A window displays where you can upload your picture from your computer. You have to have the picture under a certain size. If you resize it to about 800x600 I find they generally come up.
Click Browse and go find the picture in the computer and click the open/ or upload button. The computer path will display in the field. Click Upload, it brings the picture to the base of your post.

If you want to put the picture in the body of the post, that's a whole different story and you will need to go to a site like photobucket to upload the picture.

Try the first one and if you have problems let me know.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #186
gettin' with the plan

Thanks Shad I'll play around with this later. At least I know where to go

It's rained over night and cool again this morning I'm loving the 47 degree weather.

Completed a dvd by Sunshine which is what I call Pilates. The I did part of the Peggy Cappy Yoga for the rest of us. I can tell I'm getting more firm which is what I want.

Had a suprise visitor yesterday but this may become the new norm. She'd been used to going to bff but then bff is back this week. My neighbors were probably wondering what is going on over there. I'm usually a quiet little mouse on the block. Think I've confused my neighbor also. She was curious, too. Think B is glad to be back home.

Need to get ready to go to Paragould.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #187
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Yesterday they were talking about us getting over 4 inches of snow starting last night and going on and off until Monday. Now they changed it (of course) and it looks like just rain. That's fine by me. There is a dusting way north of us and it wouldn't be out of the question to see it make a brief appearance nonetheless. I know, it's time but I'm not ready for it yet.

I guess this would be a good time to skim through my closet and switch out the summery tops and trade them for the sweaters. Most of my clothes are year round now - I'd say only about 10 percent is super light or a heavier weight so that should be a quick job.

I am loving the fresh apple juice that I made as is DH. And it's so simple to make that I can easily have it for the next few months. Don't even have to keep the pulp if I don't want it. Just amazing the flavor difference that fresh gives you.

Even though it's cool and gray out there, we are trying to decide on something to do today. There is a musical performance at the local live theater tonight but it's outlaw country music - quite rockin' which also might be a bit loud for my tastes - I'm also not a country music fan. We'll see. Yesterday we went out for a fish fry. Yum yum, enjoyed that as much as the nice glass of wine I also indulged in. Reminds me that I have 3 bottles of wine I picked up from local wineries that I need to drink up - but not all in one night of course.

Michelle - reading your response about Santa, I think that's probably the one negative point about having a pet - what to do with them when you have to go away for a bit. I hope his cough is doing better.

Since it's the weekend - I guess it will get pretty quiet in here so have a good one no matter what you do.

Last edited by happy2bme : 10-19-2013 at 12:37 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #188
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I'm feeling blue today. I'm just so worried about Santa. Every time he coughs it just breaks my heart. He and I are going to have a relaxing weekend...though I may take him back to the vet.

I got a nice surprise last night. D came by after he got done with work to surprise me. He couldn't stay long because he had things he had a lot to get done at home, but it was really nice he stopped by. He and I will probably do something tomorrow. Not sure what though.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #189

Morning all.

Michelle - I hope Santa is on the improve now. It's not easy when our babies are sick.

Happy - the apple juice sounds yummy. I love apple juice. Prefer it to orange juice really. Snow - already!!!!! Next thing you will be putting the snow plough on the tractor and clearing the stuff from the driveway.
Maybe you should tackle the wine in one day. It might help the snow disappear for a while.

Ceejay - nice to have visitors and who gives a damn about what the neighbours think.

As it's the weekend, I guess most people won't get in here - indeed only 3 posts since my last. I have written to Jen and included a message for Mel. I have a card here that I have been meaning to send for a while, but it will wait another day.
Today is haircut and dentist day. Tomorrow I need to get out into the yard early before the heat hits. Mow the hedge, cut the grass, weed the garden and turn over the vege patch and mulch it thickly.

I have another job. Yep, I seem to be becoming the go to girl for stuff ups and pickled situations. My friend D texted me on Friday saying she needs me over in Wellington to help out with their dicey project. Apparently the guy doing the job can't spell. The consultant proofing the job doesn't seem to care and the mistakes just keep on coming. So I have 4 weeks to go over there and straighten them out. And maybe longer. So I have to clean up the house, shift the cat, organise the garden, find somewhere for the car, find somewhere to live and get on with the job. I need to talk to Mick and to the management company and see what happens there. Wouldn't it be nice if somewhere sometime someone sorted the project so this wouldn't happen?
Okay - haircut coming up so I had better go there. Dentist this afternoon. There goes my first weeks pay.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #190
gettin' with the plan

Back from the uncles. We had a good visit. Bought a new sweater yesterday. Called bff when I got home to set up a time to go to Hardy. We're leaving Tuesday morning around 10 and will come back on Thursday.
Getting excited.

____
Shad
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Happy
I love apple juice. Have you tried apple cider? Bet that would be good. I love it warm on cold nights. I'm going to be swapping out summer and fall/winter clothes some time this week. We're having a couple of cold fronts coming our way. Actually wore a sweater this morning. My uncle said there was frost on the roof of this morning. I truly believe our warm weather is not coming back. That's okay though. Please don't send us any snow.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #191
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday!!

What a busy weekend. Lil man's party was a lot of fun, as usual he got more than he needed. I spend Saturday morning preparing food for the party and was exhausted once we got home Saturday evening.

Sunday was more of the same. Rushed around cleaning, making salsa, ham & beans, cornbread, cleaned the garden out of all veggies as we are too have a frost or freeze Tuesday night. Went with Curtis to a couple of his stops as they kept calling saying they were out of bread/buns on their shelves. That just means more $$ for C. Yeah! Went over to Sam's to watch the babe while they went to the COLTS/broncos game. Yes, my friends the COLTS win beating Peyton Manning's Broncos. The start of the game was a little emotional as they had a standing ovation for Peyton. Anyway a real nail biter toward the end. Also the PACKERS win yeah CHELLE. Sorry LAURA about the BEARS. Two out of three not bad.

HAPPY...I think we think alike more often than not. I bought some of the Simply Apple juice yesterday while C was stocking his shelves at Meijer. Are you planning on tying one on with that wine? lol.

CHELLE...sorry to hear Santa is still not feel well. Bless his heart. Hope he is feeling better by now. Nice of D to stop by and surprise you. How wonderful.

SHADDIE...no rest for the weary. Guess you will have to put on the working boots a little sooner than expected and make those big bucks. Must be hair time for the worldlies..I am getting mine colored tomorrow night.

CEEG...Always nice to get something new to perk up our attitude. Hope the sweater did that for you. Have fun in Hardy with your BFF.

LAURA...DD already has a name picked out that I am not too fond of but it is Chris' grandfather's name. Royce and the middle name will be Michael, after Chris and my brother. Royce Michael, I may just have to call him Ace. Ainsley just frowned and made a face about it being a boy, she wanted a sister so badly.

Hi Susie...hope to see you around here more often.

Going to make a pecan pie this evening for my friend Jan here at work. Tomorrow is her birthday and that is her favorite. We are all going to take her out to Olive Garden for lunch also.

Strength and love to MELLIE and JEN.

Have a marvelous Monday/evening all...

Hugs and Loves.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #192
gettin' with the plan

Day one of vacation and I'm doing laundry but not much else. I'm getting ready to go to Hardy, Arkansas tomorrow. I hope the weather holds.
Woke up with a headache but I think I stayed up to late this morning and woke up to early. I don't know why but I simply love Duck Dynasty. I found episodes on t.v last night after 10 p.m. and watched them till one a.m. There must have been a marathon of them. I laugh out loud with these guys. Simple down to earth red necks.
I text my sister this week end about a picture I saw on FB. I thought wow the Ukraine, Russia must have really agreed with my step neice. Then I looked a little closer and saw the basket ball bump. She got engaged and pregnant while there. She also told me that my nephew and his wife are expecting another baby. Both are due in April a week a part. I'm excited.
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. While driving back to my uncles after church yesterday I had to stop at a red light. I was behind a vehicle when all of a sudden the front side went down to the ground and then back up. I thought oh no and asked my uncle to watch also then the other side of the vehicle went down and up. Then the vehicle sat on the ground. I started laughing hysterically. I told my uncle to look at the name of it. It was callled FlexBox. I guess it was flexing it's muscles. I looked it up on line and sure enough Ford makes a Flex vehicle. It's new.

_____
Shad
You are right who cares what the neighbor thinks. It's just that I've been the quiet little mouse on the street and they are all curious.

Annie
Ahhhh, a birthday party for lil man. Did he turn 2? We're getting that cold front tonight as well. My aunt and uncle had a light frost Sunday morning.

Michelle
I hope Santa is feeling better.

Sending Mel and Jen good vibes

Hello's to Laura and Happy.
I'll be back later.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #193

Morning all. Happy Monday.

Annie - Sounds like you had a non-stop weekend. Aww, poor Ainsley not getting a sister. Maybe next time - or is the babymaking done after Royce?? How was lunch with your former co-workers last week? Yeh, the Bears loss was a heartbreaker. And more injuries for us, including our QB. Guess it's a good thing next week is a bye week for them so they can get some more healing time.

Ceejay - Nice to hear you had a good visit with the uncles. You're all set for your road trip - have fun!! I like apple cider better than apple juice - yum. I also like it spiced. Unfortunately, we don't usually buy cider because it seems to come in gallon jugs, when even a half gallon would be too much for two of us. We like it but we just don't drink a lot of it. We're getting much cooler weather this week and the s word has even come up! Definitely sweater weather!!!

Shad - Hope the dentist and hair appts went well. Another job. Sounds like you're stepping into a messy one - but I know you will make the best of it and do what you can. Did you celebrate the finish of the abs challenge???

Michelle - I hope Santa's feeling better today. Poor thing. It was sweet of D to stop by and visit. What did you two end up doing yesterday??

Happy - I bet the fresh apple juice you made is yummy - who knows what goes in the processed stuff? When it's something aimed at kids, it seems like they really amp up the sugar level. I remember once years ago I bought the tubes of yogurt (called go-gurt?) and realized I made a mistake buying something aimed at the kiddies - so sweet and awful! Never again! Did you end up seeing the country band on Saturday??

Mel & Jen - Thinking of you and wishing you the best!!!

Hi Susie!
==
I didn't go browsing or shopping on Friday night. Bf picked me up from the train and dropped me at home and he went right off to the gym to meet his friend. I was surprised they were meeting at that time - definitely earlier than they usually do. But that's okay, I was more than happy to chill out at home.

I woke up around 3:30 am Saturday morning and knew I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep - this bladder thing, whatever it is, is really a PITA. So I was up, and bf couldn't sleep either. So he made eggs and we ate those. He eventually went back to sleep, but I stayed up and read a bit. Then I decided I wouldn't try to go back to sleep and got dressed and went out in the yard to dismantle the veg garden. Filled a very large bowl with mostly unripe cherry tomatoes, which I now have no desire for whatsoever even if they were to ripen nicely. Picked a nice bunch of Fresno chilies and some of the larger tomatoes. We'll see if the tomatoes ripen up - some look puny. Bf gave some of the chilis to one of his friends that was over later in the day - this guy eats chilis with everything!

Dug out the plants, put away the bricks holding down the layers of newspaper I used to keep out the weeds (worked well, btw). Tossed the newspaper - it was in thick layers and hadn't decomposed at all. Removed the little fence. Raked out the stray fallen veggies. And then I turned the soil over so it's not so difficult to work with come spring. Yay me.

I also dug up some of the daylilies that have been taking over the overcrowded flower bed - stuck a bunch of clumps in plastic garden center pots I'd accumulated and put them on our driveway. Told my neighbor if they wanted some to take them, but they didn't. I put a couple of the pots at the curb this morning on my way out and need to get the rest out there (with a "free" sign) to see if there are any takers. Not likely - the weather is going to be crummy and cold this week and while I think such late transplants could survive, people just won't want to do any planting this week. Oh well.

After that I raked up the clumps of leaves dropped by the squirrels in their quest for acorns. The way they were going at it this year, I was thinking there would be no leaves left for the tree to drop on its own! It seems to have died down the last day or two though...

I didn't do much the rest of the day - lunch with bf and then out with doggy for a walk. BF went to a concert in the PM and I watched some tv and tore one half of the zipper from a jacket that needs a new zipper. That was more work than I thought it would be - several rows of stitching to rip. One side left to do.

Sunday was generally lazy in the morning. Then it was off to gas up the car, buy the materials for a couple sewing projects and some groceries. Came home and watched the end of the Bears game. Lunch. Dog walk. Laundry. TV. Made the easy stroganoff recipe Annie provided last year. Pretty tasty, but I underseasoned it. Bf made it last year and it would have been nice if he'd written some notes on the recipe to help the next time...Hey, gotta blame someone, LOL.

Tonight is the last Pilates class. Starting anytime Thursday or later, bf will get a 1-week pass for me from his gym so I can try it out. Looking forward to that.

Going to make an appt with the gyne as advised by my doc to see if anything "down there" is causing my bladder issue. My outrageous theory is that my abs challenge built up such big muscles in my lower abs that they are pressing on my bladder. HAHAHA. More likely is that I probably have some stupid chronic condition that will be a pain in my a$$ for the rest of my life. Sigh.

On that sour note, I will finish up by reassuring you that I know I'm extremely fortunate to be in otherwise good health and realize that many others have much more serious health issues with with to suffer through. No more complaining. For the time being...

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #194
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

LAURA...your bladder and my ankle/foot..great the rest of our lives..bleh, hopefully you will be cured in no time. I did make a call to my doc about getting into a specialist for my foot. The regimen she provided has helped however there are days when my ankle/foot just kills me. Like yesterday when I had so much to get done. Awaiting a call back with a referral. I am not looking foward to cold weather and this ankle. On the bright side there are only 150 days till spring. Yeah!! I was up Saturday night off and on also with loo issues. Sheesh. Hopefully we will both get on the right track with our health. I just feel like I am getting old and frumpy.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #195

Annie - I hope the specialist can help you with your foot/ankle - it can be depressing thinking this is going to hassle you indefinitely. Old age sucks.

Ceejay - Fingers the weather holds out for you in your travels. I haven't watched Duck Dynasty, but my mom gave it a try and she said she can't get past those beards! LOLOL. I'll have to watch one sometime. Sounds like quite a tricked out car you saw!! That must have been too funny!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.