Old 09-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick update from Mel or rather Jen

mom feels she is taking a turn for the worse.
we're going to the emergency room tomorrow morning.
I left a message on the dr's answering service.
will keep you posted.

Hope things get better for her soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #122  

Right - off to bed. This 3.00am start is getting old. And I have eaten too much dinner. Things hurt so I am shifting a rest day from tomorrow to today in the abs challenge. Couldn't face the 40 sit ups tonight.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #123  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Here we are at Monday again....

MELLIE, JEN & RICHIE....hope our sister Mellie is doing better, do please let us know how she is doing through Shad.

CEEG...Week 20 is when DD finds out the sex of the baby. That will be the last week of October. I am routing for a girl, as I love the name she has chosen...Lydia Anne. Probably call her Lyddie.

LAURA...you are busier than a one armed paper hanger. I go through sunglasses to fast to purchase expensive ones. I probably buy 5/6 pairs a year. THe cheap ones, as inevitably they get scratched, lost or broken. I am dangerous with sunglasses and not surprisingly any so is my DD. That apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Mom's are hard to buy for especially when they don't need or want anything.

HAPPY...to the DHs rescue. DId you go in the phone booth and put on your catwoman suit...bahah. RE: green tomatos. Place them in a brown paper bag and close it up. Check every few days and take out the ripe ones. I know that sounds silly, but it truly works. I did that with about 60 green tomatos last year.

CHELLE....must have been another great weekend for you! Hoorah!!!

SHADDIE...YEAH on the new car arrival. Enjoy is sister. I still love my new RAV4. I even cleaned, swepts and did the windows yesterday. Today I will give her a bath. Also put on seat covers.

Yesterday we went to Copper Kettle for lunch. It is family style dining in an old white house been in business since 1927. They are famous for fried chicken-C ordered that, I had the catfish-very delish. It came with soup, salad, mashed potatos, green beans, corn, rolls and sherbet. All the iced tea and coffee you wanted. Very very good. Total bill with tip was 40 bucks, which I think was decent for the food you got. We took home half of everything but the sherbet. We had the leftovers about 6 last night. Two meals for the price of one.

The usual stuff for the rest of the weekend. Went to party city with Sam on Saturday morning to get lil man's invites and decor for his 2nd BD which is October 19. Then dropped her off and I did my Aldi's thing. Got my usual cleaning done. Mopped, vacuumed, laundry, washed sheets, cleaned out the car, cut the grass blah blah blah.

Better post and get this day going. Make it a great Monday..

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It really concerned me when Mel's potassium level bottomed out. Glad they are taking her to the emergency room.
Yesterday was a rest day for me. And enjoyed it. Today is back to work
Talked to my friend in Jonesboro. She didn't let me know she was in town or I would have gone over for a visit. Don't think she's to happy with her new job. To much work involved. She didn't do much her last couple of years here so the working part she'll have to get used to. Now she's think semi retirement and working part time instead of full time.
---------
Annie
Your lunch sounded good. I love good fried catfish. I like the chosen name. Jake needs baby sister.

Shad
Hope you can get you sleeping time straightened out. Whew 3 a.m. is to late for me.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #125  

Morning all.

Shad - Wow, 3 am wake up time is just too ugly! I hope that's just for getting to your flight and not a regular thing!! Good job on taking up the ab challenge. Thanks for the update re Mel. Horrible to hear she's headed to the ER.

Mel/Jen - Sending my prayers and get well wishes!!

Annie - I'm pretty good with sunglasses, but the ones I bought from the department store turned out to be surprisingly crappy quality. The Ray Bans I've got coming have polarized lenses, which is what my eye doc recommended for eye protection. That actually raised the price quite a bit over non-polarized lenses. The other thing that will be nice about these sunglasses is that they come with a case in which the sunglasses will actually fit! Your dinner sounded sooo tasty. Giganto portions aren't a great thing for our obese society, but they sure are a good value when you take the leftovers home for future meals!! Awww, 2nd bday coming up for the li'l guy. How fast that went!!!

Ceejay - Sorry you didn't get together with your friend yesterday. Too bad she isn't liking her new job.

==
Nothing much to report. Bf and I went out for dinner and then came home and watched the football game.

I'll be busy this week at work and home making sure all is set before I leave town. Probably going to skip the movies tomorrow night, but I'll definitely get to my exercise classes on Mon & Wed, especially since I'll miss next Monday's class.

Okay, back to it. Everyone have a great day!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #126  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

So sorry to hear that Mel is headed for the hospital. I'm sure it's not only hard physically but also mentally dealing with these set backs. Just keep sending good wishes her way

Laura - I've had polarized sunglasses for years and years now. They might make some things appear strange - like the tint films they put on windows but you can't beat the sharpness or glare cutting that you get from polarized. How long will you be visiting your Mom again?

Ceejay - your friend sounds very much like me - restless and not sure of what she wants and then finding out that what she THOUGHT she wanted was not exactly what she wanted or needed Not sure how long it takes to find one's nitch but probably the only way for her to decide is to try different things to reinforce what she wants and doesn't. Something to keep in the back of your mind when you eventually transition to retirement yourself.

Annie - I hope S has a girl also - nice to have one of each although the way these little trollops are sexing things up at 10 years old I'd probably have a fit having a daughter in these times. Thanks for the tip on the tomato ripening - I guess you can put an apple or banana in the bag to speed the ripening also. Right now I have too many getting ripe at once - faster than I can eat them and believe me we are eating them at every meal Your lunch sounded down home good and tasty at that. Always a bonus I figure if you can take some home and get another meal out of it also.

Shad - thanks again for keeping us updated on Mel. I missed the part about the 3am start - are you not sleeping well or are you having to get up early for the job? Hope things straighten up soon. Or are you just so excited about the new car you can't wait to get in it and drive?

Yesterday DH spent the day outside mowing and I was inside doing house things. I noticed at one point that I didn't see Nina - while she mostly lays on the rug and sleeps, she tends to stay near us, particularly if DH is around. I found her laying on the basement rug which is unusual. She just looked so sad. She looks as if she is constantly licking her lips and I think that's because the medicine is giving her a bad taste in her mouth because she is only eating a little bit and was vomiting a tiny bit too. I just sat on the floor and petted her for a long time and cried a lot. I told DH I think this is the end for her - the only other thing the vet suggests is a switch to a prescription food but neither of us hold much hope for that. She is on a gasto food now - that and the steroid medications, the probiotic, the procedure we did last week - nothing is making any change. The blood tests have come back - no abnormality of any sort. I think she was just born a messed up kitty - she is bowlegged and cross-eyed and something is messed up on her insides. We stopped the steroid medicine yesterday - figured that if she is on her last days she might as well enjoy her food undoctored since the medication doesn't seem to be doing any good. I also gave her some treats last night which she hasn't had in weeks. Today she crawled up in the chair with DH and was sleeping peacefully for the first time in a long time. Generally she has been laying on the tile - she seems to get warm. Now she's looking for something comfortable to lay on and DH's fleece moose pants are apparently just what the kitty needed. This breaks our hearts - she was the most adorable and loving kitty of all the cats we had. Right now if she looks like she is resting comfortably we will leave her to sleep but I think we both know the end is coming soon for this sweet bundle of fur.

And that's about it for me. I keep saying I have to get to the grocery store and I am doing everything to avoid it but we are out of food so I guess I need to get myself in gear. Talk later.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-23-2013 at 12:56 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #127  
Annie - Indiana

ahhh HAPPY...I am sad about Nina. Made me tear up just reading about her. Bless her tiny little furry heart. Enjoy her while you can.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #128  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello girlfriends!

I'm so very sorry to hear that Mellie is going to the hospital. I hope they're able to treat her and get her on the road to feeling better soon.

Mel/Jen/Richie - Sending lots of love and healing hugs your way. I so hope the doctors and nurses can get you feeling better.

Happy - I'm sending lots of healing energy to Nina. I'm so sorry to hear that the sweet little one is on her last days. It sounds like she certainly got lots of love and attention from you and your DH, so at least her short little life was a happy one while she was with you. Sending hugs to you and DH. It's so painful to lose a furry family member.

Annie - I'll keep my fingers crossed for a baby girl. Lydia Anne is a lovely name.

Shad - How do you like the new car? Bummer about waking up at 3 am. So sad that Mel has to go to the hospital, but thanks for the update.

Laura - I love polarized sunglasses. Since I wear prescription glasses, I purchased polarized clip-ons so when my ex and I would go fishing I didn't have to choose between my prescription glasses and sun protection. Even though I'm not fishing anymore, I still love them for driving. Congrats on the Bears victory. It really pains me to say that, but oh well. Good for you for staying committed to exercise this week despite getting ready to go see your mom. I'm either going to water aerobics today or I'll do 1/2 hour on the bike. I hit the gym yesterday on my way home from watching the Packer game. I decided that the endorphins from exercise would lift my mood that was down in the dumps after the Packers lost.

Ceejay - Definitely stuff to consider when thinking about retirement.

Time for me to get back to work.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #129  
Creating a Healthier Me

I might not get in here tomorrow as I've got lots to get done for work, but I'll be thinking about y'all and sending lots of : your way.

Much love,
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #130  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

We took Nina to the vet today. She has a low grade fever and her white cell count had skyrocketed. They gave her some IV fluids as well as an antibiotic shot. Her lip licking is most likely caused by nausea which also explains the light vomiting - both a result of this viral infection. She said it's very common in shelter cats as things are always getting transmitted from cat to cat. Sometimes it sits dormant, sometimes it appears later on and is resistant to treatment, sometimes they are fine and the infection comes out when they get stressed. We are going to cut back on the steroids since they don't seem to be doing anything beneficial but will keep her on the poultry diet. The vet suggested we at least try the prescription food she ordered simply because she said she faced the same situation with her dog and it turned out to be a hypersensitivity to a food allergy. She also said that unlike humans who might dwell on and on about how they don't feel good, she said cats tend to live in the moment. If she has poopies well to her normal is going to the potty box a lot in one day. Suffering is more like pain and if that's the case they will withdraw and hide. She might have gone into the basement last night because the infection was starting to kick in. Neither DH nor I want to put her down - she is only 9 months old - we are hoping we can find the cause of the problem and that she is young and can fight it off. I do feel a bit better knowing she is not suffering right now. I tell you I had no idea how many issues come with a shelter cat. Our first cat came from a shelter but it was a small one and all the cats were kenneled and didn't have interaction with each other. Boo just showed up in our back yard after someone dumped her off and Mr. Feral - well he just accepted our food and makeshift outdoor cat bed and that was that. Anyway, I'm glad she is ok for the moment - she is sleeping by DH again (thank goodness I picked up a bunch of books for him to read).

Good luck with the assignments Michelle- hope you make fast work of the load on your table right now.

Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #131  

Evening all

Happy - poor little Nina. Such a loving little girl. Hope she comes right soon. The tomatoes will ripen now at a pace you can't keep up with. It's always something - gets too hot, not enough water, plants frizzle, No fruit. Or too much water, too much cold, plants go to sleep. No fruit until a sunny day comes along, plants respond - glut happen.

Ceejay - sometimes we don't seem to think too far ahead about what will happen if we give up work or go into semi retirement. Watch and learn.

Michelle - work getting in the way of a good time huh?

Laura - I have polarised sunnies as well. Just because any flaw in the plastic lens of the cheap sunnies, or in the glass of the middle priced ones really show up annoyingly with contact lenses. The distortion is awful. So now I very carefully have a very expensive pair of glasses. I watch them like a hawk I can tell you.

Annie - we'll hope the new wee one is a girl, but I don't want to know okay. I like the surprise.

The 3am wake up was because I was due at the airport early. One of the next two trips indicates that I will be getting up even earlier. Darn.
Had the first training class today. As usual we had problems with logins. Thanks to the Philippines. Finally got most of them sorted but it is very annoying when you have asked, and asked, and checked (not done) and asked some more and you still have problems. This is supposed to save costs? I think not. Anyway although grotty at the beginning, the guys went away more or less happy. The two girls didn't get at all phased about anything - it just worked for them.

So we get to go do it all again tomorrow. I'm hoping we will here from Jen overnight, but she will be busy and no doubt worried about her mum. Wish there was something I could do for her.

Better go - early starts at the railways again.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Talked to my friend last night. She stayed in town and will drive back to Jonesboro this morning. I'm going to try to stay here till I'm 65 but my knee' s this morning are making me think other wise. Even my doctor say's it's best if I stay active until I'm 65 then retire. So that's my goal for now.
People keep telling me that I will not be happy when I move to MO. I can always move back. But I don't think I'll be happy here or in Paragould or Jonesboro either. I do need to be around family.

Not much going on so I'll be back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #133  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Why do people say you won't be happy in MO? Have you always lived where you currently are? I should think if you're around family you'd be able to make the adjustment. I hope your employer can make accomodations for you so you can stay on the job as long as you need to.

Shad - Glad your day went well in spite of the login problems. Hope today goes smoothly too. Re the sunglasses - my eye doc was telling me the cheap ones do tend to have distortion in the lenses. My vision is bad enough, don't need anything else to make it worse!!

Michelle - Hope you tackle your workload sufficiently today! Thanks for the congrats re the Bears win. So did the exercise endorphins help you get over the Packers loss? Which exercise did you do last night - stationary bike or water aerobics?

Happy - Sorry to hear Nina's still not feeling well, but maybe it's the infection that's affecting her progress with the digestive issues. I hope the rx food will help her. I will be at my mom's for 4 nights, arriving Friday, departing Tuesday. So what's wrong with grocery shopping? We also ripen our pears in a brown paper bag - works really well.

===
Nothing much to report. The room for my pilates was so cold last night!! It took a while after I got home for my feet to warm up after doing my class barefoot, and that was even after finishing up my ab challenge for the day. For all future classes I'll be bringing socks with me!!

Today's WW weigh-in should be alright. I'm trying to push past temptations for all the junky stuff I like so much and keep in mind some of my motivators - visit with my mom, doctor visit next month, and my cruise in February.

Not going to the movie tonight. Right after work I will probably get to the store to pick up a few things, including a couple ingredients I need to make the soup. We had quite an inventory of chicken broth for a while and so I was surprised to find we were out of it and only had beef broth on the shelf.

Okay, back to work. The boss will be out of town starting tomorrow and is all stressed out - can't say I'll be sad to have a couple days of quiet.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #134  
Annie - Indiana

Good thoughts and prayers for Samantha, she has had some spotting this morning and I am meeting her at the OBs office at 11:45am. I will update when I know more. Hugs
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #135  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I'm sending LOTS of love and prayers for Samantha.