Old 09-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #61  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Last nice (warm) day before the temps bounce into the 60's and stay there for a while. Fall is here to stay - no doubt the trees will start to turn quickly with the cooler weather. I think it's time to take out the garden completely - foolish to think you can get decent tasting tomatoes when it gets this chilly. I was thinking about tarping the tomato bed but I think it's just not worth it. Pity as I didn't get many tomatoes this year but that's how it goes. With the cooler weather at least it will be good for getting sweaty yard tasks worked on. I have lots to do today including many unexpected support type tasks that are key to what DH has plans for - ie. clear out everything in the bottom bath vanity so DH can install a new faucet, clean up everything he left laying around when he installed the new cellular shades, etc. Just a comment on shade - DH ordered light filtering shades for the bedroom and didn't realize how sheer they are. We had to replace them as these just would not work. So I got double cell black out shades. Holy cow - they aren't kidding. Our bedroom faces north and west so it's never really bright in there but I told DH with these shades we will be sleeping until 11am and thinking it's 11PM! I was going to get the same kind to replace the living room & dining room windows but I think these will be too dark even though I have to believe they would really cut the cold air coming from the big windows. I generally leave the shades down in the winter to hold in some of the cold air so it would just be too dark during the day with the shades down. Bad enough it's gray and gloomy out. So I'll go with the middle of the road, light filtering but still double cell shades which will let in enough light and be energy efficient. So many things to think about!

Laura - glad you erased your recent weight gain. Don't get too hard on yourself - I'm sure even totally focused people don't consistently lose each week. Heck, I'm even convinced that we inadvertently gain weight when it rains out and we are holding more moisture in our bodies. And I have heard from most people that getting it off was the easy part - the really tough thing is maintenance so consider yourself preparing for that. Your are still doing fantastic! Keep up the good work. Thank you for commenting about your convection oven blowing a circuit breaker because that's one thing that people have commented on even with the microwave convection unit. I have to admit that was off putting. How nice that you got some great feedback on your project work - that doesn't happen very often and was worth the extra effort you had to put into it.

Michelle - I totally related to your comment about losing 10 percent of body weight and having a long way to travel yet. I try not to let that get me down either. I too did not think of spinning while on the zip line. Geez!!! And how hard would it be to pull your own weight if you stopped too soon. That's complicated! Yay for you for hitting the gym. I have done the 10 minute trick too and it certainly does work - you not only hit it but exceed it. Funny how we play games with ourselves Thanks for the input about the Niacin. DH took it once, felt horrid when he got the flush and said never again. They did a biopsy and some blood tests - seems to be more than just vasculitis - weak blood vessels. We hope it's nothing serious. He got a clean bill of health from the heart doctor yesterday.

Ceejay - glad you decided to stay home this weekend - I'm sure there's lots of things both fun and work that you can do to fill your time and you'll probably feel better about it.

Annie - sorry you lost your post I'm sure you had nothing but good things to say about us

Shad - did you get your access yet or will that take 2 weeks?

I guess I was a bad girl or had an experience that reinforced some good thinking. DH had to go to Duluth yesterday to the doctor. They have good food up that way so it's always a treat to get something. I could not go with him because I had to work so I asked him to bring back a burger from a place called Five Guys. They have the best burgers and fries. And actually we mostly have bar food up this way which IS burgers, however I almost always order broiled or grilled fish if we go out. So the burger was a treat. It was delicious I must say. However after I ate I sat in a chair and almost passed out I was so sleepy all of a sudden. Really had a hard time staying awake. I'm sure it had to do with the food I ate. I am also reading a book I picked up at the shop called "The Plan". One if the interesting things that caught my attention was the statement that the end results of what you become is a direct reaction to how you respond to the food you put inside your mouth - makes perfect sense. If you take in too many calories - weight gain, if you eat too much - bloat or have a reaction (as I do) to artificial sugar substitutes - bloat, cramping and a general horrid feeling. So I had that thought in mind as a reaction to that burger - now granted it was 6pm and outside of cup of coffee in the morning and a 1/2 cup of pasta with a dab of sauce before I went to work - I really didn't eat properly all day. I also noticed a person on a show who said that when they are training they generally eat meat, fruit and vegetables and that's it. I think I need to start eating like that again. My eating has been unbalanced lately - not necessarily bad food - just not balanced like it should be.

And with that I need to go finish up that cabinet, flip the laundry and put a pot of chili and a pot of beef vegetable soup on to cook. Might blanch some tomatoes and start a crock pot of tomato sauce too - I have a big bowl of tomatoes to use - not quite enough to can but far more than I can eat.

Have a good hump day ladies and love to Mel
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #62  

Afternoon everyone.

Annie - Sorry you lost your post. Frustrating. How's your brother doing??

Ceejay - Happy Friday to you, enjoy your at-home time this weekend.

Michelle - Good for you not talking yourself out of exercising, in spite of the fatigue and aches. One of my strategies is taking classes on a certain day/time - no wiggle room, and since I've paid specifically for that class, my frugal side won't let me play hooky, LOL. Enjoy your water aerobics tonight. It sounds so refreshing given the summery temps we've been having here the past several days. Good for you also with the healthy breakfast! Re situps - I knew they weren't the greatest ab exercise, and yes they are easier with someone/something holding your feet down. I also posted on SparkPeople about the challenge and someone said that the slow Pilates roll-ups could be considered as equivalent to 6 regular situps, so i could divide the number of situps by 5 or 6 and just do those instead...we'll see. Re the ziplining - I think 25 seconds is a good length of time, I have no desire to have too much time to think about how high off the ground i am!!

Happy - Sorry your veggie garden is pretty much done for the season. Yes, attempting to extend the season by tarping would leave you cleaning everything up later when it's likely to be cold out and not pleasant weather to be working outside. In fact, I better keep that in mind if I want to unplant that hodgepodge garden bed before it gets yucky out. Except now I'm weaseling on transplanting the phlox (all the sunny spots in the yard that are good for them do not allow views from the house) and pulling out the peonies (they're so pretty in bloom, can't bear to get rid of them!). The only thing I remain set on is giving away the daylilies. I've had my fill of those. Good to hear dh's heart got a clean bill of health. We have a 5 Guys by us at Randhurst - good burgers and Cajun fries! I like that they have the peanuts in the shell to nosh on while awaiting your food. Bf prefers a place called Meatheads - very similar menu, and their cajun fries are even better. That one's near Woodfield. Too bad about your reaction to the food. I generally don't get extreme reactions to food, except for maybe after eating something with too much dairy or too much spice and i won't get into the reaction here, lol. Maybe a big meal of pasta would make me sleepy, but that's more from overeating, not the specific food itself. I do agree with you about balance. I'm eating more fruits & veges than I used to, but I still squander too many calories on sweets and salty junk instead of good fuel. Sigh.

Hi Shad, Hi Mel!
==
Nothing much to report. I'm taking a career dev. workshop on Friday afternoon. "Pre-work" for the session are two assessments. Ugh, horrible. The one I'm currently slogging through is where we have to rank ourselves on 75 statements such as: I have written my career goals in a way that I can easily measure my accomplishments.. Bleh. Hope the other one isn't as awful. Yes, typical me hating anything to do with being introspective and thoughtful about my career.

Last night made me crabby. I went home and watered the veg and flowers. Found a "skunk pile" in a corner by the house - hate these nervy creatures seem to be making themselves at home in our yard!! I'm ready to go out and buy some moth balls to spread around outside our fences, to heck with their toxicity!! I topped off two of the four window boxes with more potting soil - these 2 boxes had lighter soil from a couple years ago and boy do they seem to dry out so much more quickly than the soil I bought this year! The difference in the size of the plants vs. those in the other 2 boxes is startling!

i also pumped my bicycle tires with air using the hand pump. Bf needs to learn to use our fancy new air compressor and then teach me so we don't need the hand pump anymore.

I finally got inside and then discovered I had something disgusting on the sole of one sandal. Ick!!! And it was not a dog pile from the yard, I came to find out later. Doggy's been eating cicadas he finds in the yard and we think that's what made him puke on our area rug. I discovered it on the rug later that night, I didn't know that's what was on my sandal until then. Ugh.

On top of that, I realized my Monarch OTG dvds were overdue at the library. Aaargh.

On a positive note, I did my ab challenge for the day. This morning I dug up the receipt for my bp monitor with lightning speed (yes, there's a point to organized files!!). Bf offered to get the warranty thing worked out for me because the customer service hours are 8:30-4:30, duh.

Tonight's my barre class. Hope I like it!!

TTFN Worldlies!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Where does my day go to. Worn out, got nothing done today and I am off to bed. So I'll try and get back in from work tomorrow after I have updated my doco.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #64  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All....

Brother is still in hospital. No news from the internist. I will call him this morning to find out if he found out anything. He had surgery Tuesday to drain his knee. Hopefully he will get to come home today or tomorrow.

SHADDIE...computer access, amazing we sometimes lose our access and have to call I.T. since they are not on site. Our I.T. department is in Greenbay, Wisconsin. Talk about a hassle and push this for that or this if it is an emergency, blah blah blah. Goodluck with all that sister.

HAPPY...YUM 5 Guys. We have one right here close to work. Sis and I go there for lunch when she comes up here to meet me. We share a small fry and still cannot even get close to finishing it. We haven't been there in a few months. Bummer about your tomatos.

CHELLE....glad your birthday was so much fun. What a celebration. Glad you made it to the gym even tho you were fighting against it.

CEEG...happy weekend....Enjoy!

LAURA...HOORAH on losing the gain. Good for you! Stay focused sister. Looks like we are both going to experience better weather this weekend, altho it finally is raining a bit here today....

FEEL BETTER MELLIE and get well. hugs.

Have a great Thursday!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #65  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Busy at work, so this will be short...like me! Didn't get to the gym yesterday for water aerobics. Felt a sore throat coming on so I opted to relax at home instead. A sore throat normally wouldn't sideline me, but this weekend, I'll be helping a friend who is undergoing radiation for cancer treatment...and I wouldn't be able to clean for him or help him run errands if I came down with a cold. As long as my sore throat doesn't come back, I'm planning on getting to the gym this evening to ride the recumbent bike.

Annie - Still saying prayers for your DB.

Sending love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #66  

Morning all.

Annie - Hope your brother gets out of the hospital soon before he ends up with something worse than what he went in for!! Re 5 Guys - yeh, bf and I share a small order of fries and we still bring a lot home! Enjoy the cooler weather - it'll be nice to turn off the AC. (except for having to listen to the !@#$% cicadas!)

Shad - Sorry your workday wasn't ideal. Maybe tomorrow...

Michelle - Better to rest than to let a cold take hold.

Hi everyone!! Hope things are looking up for all of you. Ceejay's starting her weekend so we know things are good for her!!
==
My barre class was alright. We did only about 10 min. at the barre - some breahting stuff and then movements involving turning out our hips. The rest of the class was Pilates on the mat, so I was fine with that. We'll see what next Wednesday's class brings. I've had this instructor before and she's pretty good too, so whatever we do should be fine.

Did my ab challenge before class, and today's a rest day - whoo!

Bf stopped by the warranty center for my bp monitor since it was close to his mom's place and he was by there yesterday. But of course he was told to phone the customer service first and go through the troubleshooting stuff w/ a rep. It was determined that the trouble was the arm cuff. With only a 1-yr warranty on it, we were on the hook for that. Bf ordered a new cuff online for $20, so that's that.

Sr Mgr is back in the office today - when he & the boss would have finally gotten a flight out, most of the scheduled meetings would have been done, so that was that. The boss is working from home today.

Nothing planned for tonight. I'd like to finish the book I'm reading. It's "Bad Monkey" by Carl Hiaasen. He writes funny novels always set in Florida, and usually involving a detective investigating a crime and always with a theme of man vs. the big bad developers wrecking the natural environment. Very entertaining.

TTFN!!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #67  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

We're in for a cool spell for the next 5 days or so. Temps in the 60's during the day and tonight and one other night it will dip below freezing. Whah! Actually it's a double edged sword. On one hand it's obvious that summer is over (although I still have 2 stubborn hummingbirds who refuse to head south). The good thing is that the cool weather makes for good sleeping at night, it's perfect weather to head outside and tackle most anything that needs doing (except for washing the cars). I'm going to check out the garden and decide if we tarp tonight or I just dig things up for the season. I have enough tomatoes right now to make up some fresh salsa, bruschetta and a batch of pasta sauce. I did buy some smaller canning jars - might can a little too but probably not. Got some beef vegetable soup and chili to put on the stove too. Yesterday DH got a couple of projects done. The new blackout shades came and they aren't kidding about black out. The already dark bedroom is REALLY dark now. He also swapped out the bathroom faucet. He replaced it earlier this year but he picked out a unit with separate spigots for hot and cold water. Don't know why but this year they are making them with fat bases - somewhat like a chess piece which is pleasant looking BUT it's so narrow between the base and the faucet itself that even I can't get my small fingers in between to clean. It's polished chrome so you have to be able to wipe it down or it looks horrible. He switched it out to a unit that has a swing handle instead. He also built a set of stairs outside to go from our patio up to the yard where the water spigot is so that I don't have to walk all the way around the garage each time I need the water. I told him yesterday that he got the satisfaction of completing multiple projects and all I got was a disjointed sense of working hard but not feeling I did anything. I vacuumed and washed the floors, did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned up after the cats, straightened beds, did dishes and tidied the house up. I work tomorrow afternoon at the shop so I hope to get a fair amount of work done today.

Laura - at least the instructor is pacing the barre class - I'm sure that involves some deep stretches and could be troublesome if one tried to do too much too soon. And it gives more confidence if you know the instructor is a good one. 20 dollars might seem high for a blood pressure cuff but if you have a good base unit, it's worth it to just replace a part. Thanks for the book review - something to put on the winter reading list. Eww eww eww on the dead cicada!!!! I found a dead grasshopper in the house the other day but it was just laying on the floor so not as bad as you had it. As for the planter boxes I was disappointed too - they seem to dry out so quickly especially the ones with the coconut grass in them. Outside of the wooden ones with the plastic liners (which they don't make anymore), I have not had luck with them. We didn't even bother with the nice wrought iron ones we have since we moved here - should have left them on the pool gates for the new people in TN. You made me laugh about the moth balls. DH had put a box in a laundry bag under the porch as we were having problems with raccoons. I'm not sure why he took it out but he hung it on a tree branch right next to our bedroom window. At night when the breeze blew, it would blow that horrid smell right into our room in the dark of night. Not that I would go out there to move it and by the time daylight came I forgot about it. I told him this stuff is TOXIC and we shouldn't be breathing it and he just looked at me as men do when they feel we women are being silly. Pop, pop, pop Hope your skunk decides to move on - surprised he's hanging in the yard with the scent of Coal around.

Michelle - hope you don't get sick - I know how much it means to help your friend out and with a compromised immune system, you don't want to take the chance of getting them sick too. Drink some honey lemon tea and hopefully it's just some minor irritation.

Annie - OMG - drain the knee - never had that done but heard about it - one of those things that the cure hurts worse than the problem. Hope DB will make it through ok and they find the reason for the spikes.

Shad - sounds like a typical blah day trying to get back into the swing of things again. Hopefully you can get back on track soon - I'm sure half of you being tired is from chasing those who should have been doing things for you up to this point.

Hi Ceejay - did you start your 3 day weekend yet? Enjoy!

Hi Mel

Have a good one ladies.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
All will work out at work.

Michelle
Good for you for exercising when you were tired. Maybe that will motivate me tonight.

Laura
The book you are reading sounds like it would be funny. Think I'm going to try
something different tonight for exercise.

Annie
Sending your brother good vibes that he gets a good report.

Happy
We are gettin a cool down this week end. It's been thundering this afternoon so the front is making it's way in. The low Saturday night will be 49 degree's. I'm going to love it.
I'm planning on doing things for me this week end. I deserve it.
-----------
Feeling a bit down today. My friend is moving to Jonesboro this week end to start her new job at the Ashley Furniture Store there. She's excited and I am excited for her.
Got the insurance explanation of benefits today. The cat scan went toward deductible but I was expecting that since I have a 3000 dollar deductible. I'll just have to tighten the purse strings more. Yikes. I hope the hospital will work with me to pay that off.
Last night I had a pleasent surprise phone call from my nephew who told me he missed me. I think this is what has depressed me some today. Makes me want to move to MO tomorrow, but I can't.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-12-2013 at 07:10 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #69  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Just jumping in from work. Seems that there is more time here to do a few extra things. Still can't stay long as there is a lot of doco to be straightened out. Don't really like the way the last guy handled it but I guess I will cope. I usually do.
By the time I get home at night I'm shattered. It is just so draining at times trying to second think people. What do I need to know and where is the information? Who knows what and who will give me the info I need? I've only got a week to get all this straight. It won't be perfect, but then neither am I.

DS2 hasn't heard back about his blood work yet. I guess it will happen when it happens. I haven't heard back about my power bill yet either. Got a message notification on the phone yesterday and thought that would be it, but it turned out to be the vet who seemed to think that Sunday hasn't had her yearly check - which she has. Put that one straight. The power people may be getting a blast in the near future. Haven't heard from the car company but thats not supposed to happen until next Friday so that's fine and the accountant hasn't gotten back to me yet either. I think I might kill him off. I'll give him a ring when I finish this.

No further updates from Jen either so either Mel is getting better and Jen is keeping out of the road, or Mel is not getting better and Jen is still keeping out of the road.

Job is going okay. They seem like a nice bunch to work with. Having said that I am only here for around 4-6 weeks so they may yet turn nasty.

I'll try to get to personals tonight, don't hold your breath but I will definitely do it over the weekend.

Seeya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #70  

Morning all. TGIF! And it's payday too!

Happy - You and the hub have been busy around the house. Yeh, the housework doesn't feel as rewarding because it just keeps needing re-doing over and over and over. Bleh. I'm loving the cooler weather in spite of the reminder of what's to come. Great for sleeping!! Re the barre stuff - probably good she is limiting the time at the barre right now. I did feel it a little bit in my hips yesterday but not too badly. Your comment re the mothballs was helpful. I'm intent on getting some outside our fences, but wasn't sure what I'd do to contain them - I was wondering where I could get the type of bags onions are sold in - but the mesh laundry bags will be perfect! I have many I use for laundering delicates that I bought from the dollar store. I'll have to buy some more, and I'm thinking the dollar store will also have the moth balls as well. Funny story about the moth ball scent coming into your bedroom - ugh!!

Ceejay - How sweet of the nephew to phone! Sorry to hear about your friend moving away for the job. That must be something that happens a lot in small towns? Enjoy your weekend and your "me-time".

Shad - Glad the job is going okay. My job is kind of what you said - gathering a lot of information from different people. Sometimes challenging getting exactly what I need. Hopefully no news is good news in re to Mel!! If I were ds2 I'd be wanting to know what the heck is going on!!! Sounds like you need to ditch your accountant and find another.

Hellos to rest of ya's! Have a great weekend.
===
Last night was uneventful. Had salad and TJ's crabcakes for dinner with some of the green beans from the garden. A few tasted off - as in underripe perhaps?? I really should read up on growing them successfully if I plan to grow more next season. Bf was funny - he said except for the cherry tomatoes, we didn't have a very big harvest. Excuse me, we only planted one cherry tomato plant, one "regular size" tomato plant, two green bean plants and one pepper plant. The season didn't start off all that great with the funky weather and the bunnies eating the bean plants, but I think the harvest we're having right now is really great!! Obviously I disagree with him! I definitely need to use his comment next year if I want to plant multiples of something, LOL!!!

This afternoon is the career development workshop. Now I'm wondering why I chose to schedule something like that on a Friday afternoon. Groan!!Those assessments were painful to do, I hope the session is less so!

If I'm not back here, everyone have a great Friday/weekend!!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #71  
Choose your hard

Morning all,
Well even thought I was busy all day and really tired at night, didn't get half of what I wanted to finished. I just ran out of gas. Made a pot of chili - it was good but it gave me horrific acid reflux all night long. Had to take a prescription pill and some Tums. It wasn't even spicy - just flavorful. I have a feeling the beef vegetable soup will have the same effect but I have to make it today to use up the ingredients I bought and defrosted. Seems like when I take the stomach meds, it sends me into hypersensitivity and I keep needing to take them day after day. Ugh frustrating. I am working today and after this it's just one day a week which is good. It got really cool out - had to turn the furnace on overnight and we did tarp the garden yesterday - it almost kissed the freezing temps but not quite. I picked as much as I could out of the garden yesterday. Got 2 huge bowls of cherry tomatoes to use up. I might make bruschetta out of that. DH is no fan of them. I put the romas in chili yesterday - they don't look pretty but they were very tasty so they will become pasta sauce. Might make some salsa tomorrow with the beefsteak tomatoes.

For Shad and Laura - you have my utmost empathy. Laura when you talked about the career assessment it just made me roll my eyes. I guess it was time for me to leave the corporate world because it just got to the point that I could no longer summon up any enthusiasm and interest for that kind of thing. Perhaps because where I was at they were big on doing those but it never really helped anyone. We all knew that there was an A list of those who would be given opportunities and advancement and for those not on the list ie. God himself would never get anywhere otherwise. So we invested a huge amount of time and energy into something that was a complete waste. Same for you Shad trying to chase people down just to get your job done. Gets very tiring... So you both have my sympathies.

DH just posted and I shared pictures on FB of the momma deer and babies. He set the trailcam up in the back of the property to capture the bear. Cute.

Laura - that was pretty funny about DB complaining about your harvest I'd say you did pretty well. As far as the green beans go, ours tasted a bit "woody" when I ate a raw one but when I cooked them up, they were good. I just harvested the second "crop" - crop being 2 servings yesterday. They might have benefited from some sort of fertilizer - I'll be more diligent next year and let you know what I find. I guess the bunnies found them tasty enough for you. Hope your workshop this afternoon is not a snoozer.

Shad - seems like you have an awful lot to do in a short period of time. Your job always seems to put you in crunch mode.

Ceejay - sorry your friend is moving away. You can always stay in touch by phone if not in person. You'll just have to make plans to meet when you drive up that way. Glad you got some cooler weather.

Hello to the rest of the Worldlies I was hoping to get some sauce started in the crock and the beef vegetable soup going but I only have an hour before I have to get ready for work so I guess that's not going to happen.

Have a good weekend everybody.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #72  

My what a relief in the weather this morning! It actually feels like a fall day.
Still not in a mood to do much of anything. Think I'm worn out from traveling so much. I opened a window to let in some of the fresh air. Need to be cleaning but not in the mood.
I also found some on line exercise videos on YouTube last night. I'm going to try out one of those today. I can always do the Leslie Sansone WATP DVD too.
-----

Happy
Your pot of soup sounded good to me on this cool day so that's what I'm planning for tonight with corn bread. I'll have to go look at the pictures of the deer. I love wild life photo's. And you are right about my friend. We can see each other when I go over there. She'll have to make a couple of trips back here to pack her things.

Laura
I'm so glad that we don't have to do the self evaluations. And I honestly did a plank last night for 20 seconds. I do the one where you stay on your fore arms. I'm beginning to feel some tightness now also.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-13-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #73  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Happy Saturday. Sunny but cool here. Today there is a huge bike race in town - The Fat Tire Race. I think it is one of North America's largest races of it's kind - 3,000 entrants. They start downtown in my town and head north up to my cousin's town. Pretty cool to see the start of the race and all these bikes pedaling away - like a running marathon but with bikes. I watched it last year from the popcorn shop. Kind of scary as the first batch rides soooo close together. There was in fact a crash last year up the street about when the thrift shop is now. DH wants to see it, not so sure I care to go out in the crowd. Rather slow day at the store yesterday - things are definitely winding down. I tarped the garden and will leave it that way - the question today is whether I go in and water or just remove the tarp and hope it rains like it's supposed to. Nothing special planned for the weekend - just catching up with things and maybe some reading.

Hope your soup comes out well Ceejay - mine was greasy - maybe too much marrow in the soup bones. I'm hoping I can skim some of the fat off when it chills up. Got another recipe for cornbread to try - I like it crumbly and on the sweet side.

Going to make this short and sweet - if DH wants to go we'll have to leave soon. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #74  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday ladies!

Quick post for me today...I'm off to go help my friend B who is undergoing radiation run some errands, and then I'm going to tidy up his place for him as he's hosting the card party tonight. We're going out to dinner first at a place called Johnny Garlic's. It's a chain of restaurants owned by TV Chef/foodie Guy Fieri (sp?). B and I have eaten there before, and it was very good. Plus they have outdoor seating, so we should be able to have Santa with us.

Tomorrow morning, I'm getting together with a Packer Fan meetup group at a restaurant to watch the Packer game. The restaurant does a nice breakfast spread. And tomorrow night, I'm going out to dinner with a good friend and her husband who weren't able to make it to my party last weekend.

In between the Packer game and dinner, I will likely be helping my step-mom around the house.

Last night, D and I went out to dinner, then came back home and watched a couple episodes of Torchwood on DVD (A BBC TV show that's sort of a spinoff of Doctor Who.)

I'm taking an online writing workshop. Had the first "conference call" Thursday evening! It was great! I'm quite inspired to write...now I just have to make the time. I'm sure I'll have more time this coming week and weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #75  

Looks like we have two writers amongst us now, Michelle and Happy. Good luck Michelle. I know you will do well.

Happy
My soup is good. I did put to much ground beef in it though. Next time I will not put that much.
I know what you mean by running out of steam. I haven't had a lot of energy lately either.
----------------

I have not done my ab challenge in a couple of days. But I'll try to make up the dfference tomorrow.
It was extremely nice outside today so I mowed the lawn. And washed the Rav4. I'm taking it to the dealership next week end to get the oil changed.
The mosquitoes are as big as a quarter. And buzzing around my ears. I can't take that. The farmers are harvesting the rice fields.
Was going to boil come chicken tenders for chicken salad next week but I will do that tomorrow.
I'm ready for Mel to get well. Miss you Mel.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-14-2013 at 09:37 PM.