View Poll Results: Which Of The Following Is Your Favorite Type Of Movie?
Action 2 22.22%
Horror 0 0%
Mystery 2 22.22%
Comedy 2 22.22%
Romance 3 33.33%
Other 0 0%
I Don't Watch Movies 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#22)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:21 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #21 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  
Losing it!

Thank you so much to everypone that individually posted a message to me. I have something to share with you and you will understand after reading. I first joined this group for a REASON. Then friendships developed and it became a SEASON. Now it is a LIFETIME...thank you for being my dearest friends.

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a
> > lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know
> > exactly what to do.
> >
> > When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually
> > to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.
> > They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to
> > provide you with guidance and support, to aid you
> > physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem
> > like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the
> > reason you need them to be.
> >
> >
> > Then, without any wrong doing on your part or an
> > inconvenient time, this person will say or do something
> > to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die.
> > Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out
> > and force you to take a stand.
> >
> >
> > What we must realize is that our need has been met, our
> > desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent
> > up has been answered and it is now time to move on.
> >
> >
> > When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is
> > because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They
> > may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
> > They may teach you something you have never done.
> >
> >
> > They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
> > Believe it! It is real! But...only for a season.
> >
> >
> > LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those
> > things you must build upon in order to have a solid
> > emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson,
> > love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have
> > learned to use in all other relationships and areas of
> > your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship
> > is clairvoyant.
> >
> >
Thank you for being a part of my life. May God hold you
in the palm of his hand and Angels watch over you.

Love, Gayle
Old 06-20-2003, 10:41 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Thank you to everyone that tried to lift my spirits. I'm still down, but I am hopefully starting to move upwards! I guess I just get down on myself, then it turns into a vicious cycle of negative thinking. I had goals for myself to meet as far as weight loss goes. When I don't meet those goals, then I start looking at myself as a failure. So, starts out as weight, then turns into I am a worthless SAHM with nothing exciting in my life, why would Steve even want to be married to me? I'm a fat cow etc.... I know it's just me and the only way for me to snap out of it is to put all of those negative thoughts on a back burner.

Carol: the message you posted is how I feel most days. It was nice to know that I'm not the only one with those thoughts.

Ramona: In the middle of the tears I did have to chuckle over your post!!! Size 14 Sister! Only thing is, you got some height to go along with your size! Haircut will be on Saturday... I like the idea of posting the heavy pic of yourself.

Sher: You have been a great source of inspiration here. I treasure your friendship more then you will ever know. I was thinking back today, remember when we were "Sherry in Tenn" before the "Floozies"???

Deb: THANK YOU for the personal email! I guess we are all here because we face challenges with food. I know for myself, I need to face the fact that I can never, ever just eat what I want. Food is an addiction to me much in the way that an alcoholic craves alcohol.

Dee: Thank you so much for the ecard! It has been so much fun over the past year getting to know you and reading some of your adventures. PLEASE go back to the Doctor or make a visit to the ER.

Jennelle: I know that I would not trade staying home with the kids for anything in this world. I really do love it! But it makes for pretty boring dinner conversation unless everyone wants to hear what happened on Blues Clues that day!!! Thank you for your message.

Shelley: I journal and guzzle water on most days. I just seem to not be able to get my act together. I will do really well for 3-4 days, then I pig out the rest of the week, so I am actually somewhat maintaining... Never losing... I seem to have the "All or nothing" mentality. I like the idea of still writing down everything even when I blow it.

Honestly, size 14 is way to big for me, I'm a shorty at only 5'3".

Okay... suggestions will be appreciated. This is my plan of action. I have the next two weeks filled with special events and away from home. I will watch what I eat, but not that carefully. Most days we will be in a fair like setting with horrible food choices and did I mention beer? If I gotta work with all those guys, I need the beer. If you ever met them, you would understand...

After my two weeks out, I am going to start in again like I did in the past when I lost weight.

Watching portion control, eating less sugar and choosing healthy foods. The only difference this time will be that I am going to limit my carbs.

I will remember that moderation is the key and I will try to stay focused on that. No more "all or nothing" thinking.

I will get some form of exercise in each day.

I am going to purchase a Tanita scale that weighs plus measures body fat.

I will weigh and measure every two weeks. If I do it daily or weekly, the numbers start messing with my brain.

Suggestions?

Thank you so much for being my sounding board. You guys know more about me then any of my family or local friends. I don't know how I ever mentally and physically let myself get to this point again. But it happened. Okay, enough about me.

I hope all you you are having a great day today. All losing: keep up the great work!!! All having difficulties: we will kick this in the butt and get motivated again!
Old 06-20-2003, 01:27 PM   #5  

Gayle-Your poem is beautiful, just like you!

Sounds like you know what you need to do. Enjoy your 2 weeks!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:32 PM   #6  

Thanks for the lovely poem Gayle. Like Shelley wrote, just enjoy the next to weeks and then hop back on the wagon.

Dee, did you go to the DR.????????????

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that you each find something to bring you joy and a smile to your face.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:44 PM   #7  

Gayle--hang in there, chick! Don't let those negative thoughts get to ya! You seem to have a plan in mind, and I have faith that you'll be OK!

Sherry--I love taking road trips w/my mom

Ramona--I have a co-worker (5'3") who has side-by-side pics of herself on her desk--at size 24 and at size 12. Amazing.

Hey to everyone else!

Oh--DEE--I AGREE-----GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

Cheryl
Old 06-20-2003, 06:44 PM   #8  

I went to the doc yesterday. My TB test is clear. I have to go back in two weeks again to be tested. Then I went to my doc. I had a chest xray and there was phenomnia in one lung. It was caught in the biginning so it is a good thing that I went. I am on meds for that. The doctor also wants to have me wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours. Don't know when I will ge that. My blood pressure is to low and I fall sometimes.

Thanks for the push to the doctors. I am to tired to post more but I am thinking of each one of you. Have a happy great weekend.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:23 PM   #9  

I stayed OP today! I mowed the entire yard and I walked 1 mile!! I'm also in a better mood today

Gayle,
That was a beautiful poem.Thanks for sharing it.

Dee,
I'm glad you went to the Dr. Now...take care of yourself!!!!

I added a new thread today for PHOTO'S!!!!! I thought it would be neat to have a special thread just for that Now...get those pictures out and post them!!!

Gotta get dinner done. Talk to ya'll later!!!!

Hugs...............
Old 06-20-2003, 10:05 PM   #10  
Carol

Never quit

The only way to lose is to quit. As long as you continue to make the effort, you have not lost. Everyone experiences setbacks. However, winners experience the most setbacks because winners persist as long as it takes to win.
Does it ever seem that you are blocked in every direction? That's the time to get creative, become more flexible, and open yourself to the possibilities that are most certainly there.

Sometimes when you get stuck in a rut, the rut can suddenly and unexpectedly run out. And what a great opportunity that can be for you to climb out of that rut, look around, and see all the valuable things you've been missing.

Never quit. Use each setback, each disappointment as a cue to push on ahead with more determination than ever before. Never quit, and you will always be a winner.

Carol
Old 06-20-2003, 11:38 PM   #11  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Girls

Hope everyone had a great OP day.

WTG Sherry!! I never doubted you for a minute!!!

Gayle...Your plan sounds great! When does your special events start? Can't wait for you to post a picture with your Hair Do!! Loved the poem. Blues Clues

Dee....I'm so glad you when to the doctor. Now hopefully you are on the way to a full recovery!! I'm still worried though, does your doctor know that you walked 10 miles today with a fever? Please slow down!!

Carol...You Rock Girl!! Loved your post. I am back on the right track now. 5 days OP for me!!

Jeanne...I know you are packed and ready to go. Have a wonderful trip. We'll miss ya!

Shelley...When is you daughter coming home? I know you have missed her but I'm sure she is having a blast.

Doni....Where are you? Hope you are doing OK

Jennelle, Ramona, Cheryl and Vicki...Hope are having a great evening. Thinking of you.

I have become quite the night owl since school has been out. It really makes it hard when school starts back. But not thinking about that now...LOL

Love you guys...debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 06-21-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:34 AM   #12  

I'm bad!! I ate a chocolate chip cookie and chocolate chips that were in the freezer last night! I'll post later, I just had to tell you all how bad I've been!! You guys are the only ones that I admit these things to!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:27 AM   #13  
Carol

I think I have become the motivational phrases person. I hope these help all of you as they do me.

THE PERSON YOU BECOME

You can hide your thoughts, feelings and even your actions from others. Yet the person you are to become will always know them. The person you are to become is always watching the person you are right now. What you think of yourself tomorrow depends on the actions you watch yourself take today.

Will you find strength and inspiration in the future from the things you are doing this very day? The you of tomorrow is watching every thought, every word, every action.

There is a very important person in your life who sees your every move and knows your every thought. That person is you.

Give yourself good reason to think highly of yourself. Live so that the person you become can look back with gratitude and admiration at the person you are today.

THINK ONLY GOOD THOUGHTS ABOUT YOURSELVES TODAY!!!

I too have my bad days. Not sure what brought it on, but I think I ate everything on the planet yesterday!! I refuse to give into negative feelings, I am back OP today with a vengence!!!

Gayle: you are right. Take a break for 2 weeks, enjoy yourself and then go at it with all you've got. You will be back OP and feeling great after a nice break!! Hang in there girl.

Deb: I am so proud of you. 5 whole days OP. I am so glad it finally "clicked" again for you. I knew it would happen. You can't keep us Floozies down for long.

Shelley: Was there a full moon or something last yesterday/last night to make us be so bad???? Anyway. Back at it today!!!

Sherry: Great Job I knew you could do it. See I slipped too, but we are back at it now and that is all that counts. Don't let the negative thoughts back in girl!!!!

Jeanne: Have a great trip!!!!

Dee: I can't beleive that you keep on walking when you are sick. Take care of yourself Woman!!!!

Doni, Jennelle, Ramona, Cheryl and Vicki - thinking of all of you. Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Hugs
Carol

Old 06-21-2003, 09:00 AM   #14  

Bye Jeanne

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!! We will miss you!!! Thanks for posting your picture!! You're such a beautiful woman!

Talk to you when you get back!!!!! Have fun!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #15  

I love exercise and I have slowed down. The 10 miles is in tow days and 6 of it was biking. That is a little less effort. I am not sure if I will do any today I am so tired.

Carol thanks for the motivation.

Will post when I have more energy.

Love you all.
Closed Thread