Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #31  

Good evening, ladies! 83 degrees right now and it didn't rain today!

When I had my gall bladder out about 38 years ago, I had morning sickness for 9 solid months afterwards and then it went away and I have had it off and one maybe once or twice a year for a few days since then. It started again Sunday and I'm just hating to get out of bed in the morning because the first thing I have to do is throw up. Not my dinner from the night before, just bile. The doctor back then and my doctor know both said its just how some people react. I think maybe it was brought on by some food that was at a covered dish after church Sunday. It looked harmless but when I ate it I realized it had more oil or butter than I ever used.

I went to the chiropractor this afternoon so my back and neck are feeling so good. I haven't been sleeping as much as I should (too may good books keep me reading after my normal bedtime) so the Kindle stays downstairs tonight.

Faye, I love your red bracelet. I can just see the f**t flame shooting up in the air. What a sight!

Jean, its good you found a home for momma cat.

Maggie, its always good to look back with good memories of our childhoods. I lived on a farm and worked like a boy but I mostly remember the good times like the afternoons we went swimming in the pond in the pasture (probably contaminated water but what did we know. We never got sick,), picking wild blackberries for my grandma to make pie or jam, riding my horse Penny. It sure was a different life. We never locked the doors, left the keys in the car, truck and tractor, and nothing was ever stolen.

Have a wonderful evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #32  

Good morning to you all. Hot one today again, but lovely sunshine. We keep watching the hurricane reports now that we are under 8 weeks before we go on the cruise.

I got my clothing and this stuff fit a whole lot better. I laundered it and it is upstairs ready to be packed sooner or later. My last bracelet hit a snag as the pig is out of stock. I will call them later to find out what's what. The sale is over, but I found an octopus in their clearance beads for just a $1 more so maybe they can ship that out with the bracelet instead and I just pay the difference.

I have to finish some cleaning downstairs today, but got all caught up yesterday in starting a cowl to wear to dinner one of the nights with my new charcoal slacks. I am using a sock yarn in a lace pattern so it is nice and light. It will take the place of a necklace one night. It has lovely colors in the sock yarn and I didn't have enough of it to make a pair of socks except for maybe a little kid, don't have any of those anymore so I took it out of my stash and am making this. My other yarn won't get here until tomorrow anyway so I have time to finish this up.

Jean: I used the regenerist cream which really made a mess of my face in about 48 hours, then I used the total effects moisturizer, which caused the same thing but about 4 days into it. Hope momma cat enjoys her new home.

Maggie: I don't use the old wooden rolling pin. I keep it because my mil gave it to me. I have a wonderful rod style I bought from Pampered Chef years ago. Like I said it came with a silicone sheet to roll out dough.

Susan: I have to same thing sometimes and I had my gall bladder out in 1992. I never realized that is what it could be. Infrequently, but it has happened where I am up in the morning and suddenly feel the urge to vomit immediately. I have also had nausea without vomiting and it usually occurs several days then disappears. Hope you feel better soon and it goes away. No one enjoys life anymore. It is all about status and what we have, etc, etc. Like I have said many times, I grew up in a town like Mayberry where everyone knew everyone and memories of 5 cent ice cream cones at the drugstore, 4th of July parades, the squeaky floor at our dime store and the smell of it, etc.

Well girls, gotta get a move on. Have a nice Thursday. My new contacts are in, but we are going to wait until tomorrow to go get them. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #33  

This thread is closed. Please come to Steel Magnolias #57.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote