3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldy Chicks - August's Attitude of Gratitude (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/285637-worldy-chicks-augusts-attitude-gratitude.html)

annie175 08-08-2013 09:40 AM

Good Morning Ladies of the Worldlie Type!!

Had a chiro doc friend x-ray my foot. 2nd to last toe is cracked, little toe seems to be fine, however it was so swollen that he couldn't get a decent shot of it so it may or may not be broken. Little toe also has a huge blood blister on it the size of a nickel. The other side of foot/ankle that has been bothering me is unfortunately arthitis. The one bone in the ankle is actually fused together. This is the ankle that I broke when preggers with Tater. So I am sure that is why arthitis is settling in it. Boooo, I may have a permanant limp, but at least I can walk. Yeah!! Thank God for friend, x-ray was free. Boo hiss on Humana. I know if I break the blister it would relieve pain and pressure, but I am going to wait till I get home cause I don't know how much it may bleed. Yikes Plus I want to use hydrogen peroxicide and keep it clean.

MELLIE....Glad you had a good time TJs and nothing but tired. AMEN. So sad about John's wife, I say one can never retire cause things go wrong with health or we die. Too common in this area. That is why I may limp to work forever. lol. I will have to google Celiacs disease as I do not know what that is.

HAPPY....glad to hear lil Nina is home. Do you pronouce that N long I na or N Long E na? Nina or Neena? Or hey NANNA....haha. Doesn't sound as tho you have had a success at getting the poo for testing. Good luck with that. NOOOO not autumn!! That means the S word is not far behind. Yikes.

CEEG...probably not a good idea to leave the old mower outside. Those kids might build a bomb with it. You do need some R&R...between running around and your crazy work hours it is a wonder you are not completely nutty. Hugs sister.

Tonites menu is slow cooker beef stroganoff. I put it together last night in the stone pot then refigerated it. Put it in the cooker this morning and all is cooking away today. Tonight I will make brown rice and noodles, your choice. My bro, SIL and sissy are coming over for dinner. I am going to slap together a fresh peach cobbler when I get home and still have about a half of my bluberry pie left. Probably put together a salad as I have lettuce, tomato and cukes from the garden. May make some cornbread also. The strognaoff is a very easy recipe if anyone wants it I will post, just let me know.

Hellos to the rest of yas!!! Have a great Thursday/nite

happy2bme 08-08-2013 11:06 AM

OMG ANNIE - I AM SO COMING TO YOUR HOUSE FOR DINNER TONIGHT.

I'll take a serving of noodles with my stroganoff please. Yum, yum, yum. I have some steak and mushrooms in the refrigerator. I think I'm just going to have to make a batch of stroganoff myself. And I have some peaches - might just have to make up a quick peach crisp. Sounds absolutely delicious!

annie175 08-08-2013 11:18 AM

HAPPY....I will set you a place and leave the front door unlocked with the light on!!

ceejay52 08-08-2013 11:20 AM

I just read on MSN news that Captain Kangaroo, age 86 passed away.

Annie
So glad that you had the foot x-rayed. Even though it's arthritis, at least you know. Now to get the cracked toe healed. I've heard that if you pop the blood blister at night, they will heal better. I was leery of the kiddo's pushing the lawn mower out in the street and causing a wreck. He just came and picked it up.

Happy
Your avatar is adorable and made me smile this morning. Is it of your kitten? I have a hard time finding a finding a time to eat my evening meal. So I wait till I get home. It's to late for me. I've decided that light food is all I need at night.

Mel
It was nice that John and his wife stopped by for a visit.

Laura
I would like to try that squat challenge when the swelling in my knee's subside. I can do ten b4 they start screaming at me.

Shad
What's on the agenda today?

Michelle
What are your plans for the week end?

----------
It's so nice to be at home this morning. I woke up around 5 to thunder but it wasn't close. When I went to get the lawn mower out of the shed the grass and sidewalks were wet. He came and got the lawn mower. I think the city fixes up and sell's what they can in this area.
I went to bed with more pain's in my stomach to which I believe to be nothing but gas. And woke up with it this morning. I've taken some otc meds for that and it seems to be getting better. I cannot eat dairy except for yogurt. Don't know why that is. And I had a bowl of cereal with milk last night for dinner. No more.
This is going to be a C.J. week end. I've started off right by not doing anything this morning. My bff and I usually go out for lunch, but so far no text or phone call. I have a load of laundry started.
Oh and I sent a message to my high school friend who recently moved to Missouri that I was planning a trip to my sissy's on Labor
Day week end but didn't know which location I would be. He's still interested in getting together to talk over old times.

happy2bme 08-08-2013 12:12 PM

:lol: Ok, I took a minute and some deep breaths and calmed down. :D

Our Nina is Neenah - I actually never heard of Nine-ah until some people were asking how we pronounced it. She is back home, made a "deposit" overnight (thank goodness because I was starting to get worried). She is her old self bouncing around, getting into everything and tormenting her older sister. The doctor did confirm she is a bit cross-eyed - Nina the bowlegged, cross-eyed farting cat - is that a children's book title or what??? :lol: Her crossed eyes don't seem to interfere with her dexterity - last night a fly got into the house and you should have seen her chase it around. I told the vet it's like me, I didn't know I was blind as a bat when I was little until they tested my eyes and I got glasses at age 6. Up to that point, fuzzy was normal to me - what blackboard???? :dizzy: :lol:

Got down to 43 degrees last night. We have perfect cool days in the low 70's and great sleeping weather at night. I almost turned on the heat for a bit to take the chill out of the house but put a sweater on instead. By the time I take my shower and get ready to head off to the thrift shop this afternoon, the bright sun overhead should warm up the house quite nicely. We're getting a lot of deer passing through. We have a new momma with her baby so that's 3 fawns and a couple of young bucks who much to DH's delight are not that afraid of him - they keep their distance but allow him to walk the yard, especially when he's going to get corn to feed them. No sign of the bear which is very good.

I do feel that since my Mom's unplanned visit, I got knocked off my groove and I feel a bit disoriented. I am getting things done each day but I feel more like I am drifting about. Think it's time to sit down and make a plan again to give me some focus and direction.

I did good with yesterday's personal challenge of drinking more water and no eating after 8pm. We ate earlier yesterday because running errands I didn't get the chance to eat all day and by 3pm both of us were starving. So I fixed a quick dinner but by 7:30 I was looking for a snack. I had purchased some Ranier cherries last shopping trip so I washed them off and portioned a serving in a bowl. Boy were they good! They are usually too pricey for my budget but they had a good sale last week and they are so pretty - yellow cherries with a red blush. The only thing was after I ate them, I was craving something savory to balance out the sweetness - should have had a couple of crackers and cheese with the cherries. But I was a good girl. I am going to pick a challenge and do one each week - will make me feel like I am doing something good and hopefully will set in some good habits. My leg felt better yesterday than it has in 2 weeks but today it's back to aching again. Getting very tired of this already. :mad: I suspect the cooler weather is also contributing.

Annie - be careful with that blister. I know it's tempting to pop it but you don't want to get a blood infection either. I feel so bad for your poor foot. It's really hard to get around when you have that kind of injury. Is it on your driving foot? Maybe you could freeze a water bottle at work and rest your sore foot on it under the desk and ice it a bit. But of course that would mean actually sitting at your desk and I don't know if your schedule allows it. Celiac's disease is like lactose intolerance but with gluten and wheat flour instead of dairy products. It causes a rash of problems with people who cannot metabolize the gluten - things you'd never relate to food and since wheat flour is in so many things, most carbs were bothering them and they didn't even realize it. My cousin has it really bad as well as some of my other family members. Since they have diagnosed it in so many people, they are now coming out with a bunch of gluten free products that makes it much easier to change your diet and enjoy things you love like pizza crusts and breads. And RIP to the Munchkin Lady.

Mel - I heard that the invention of Kindle and E-books spelled the doom of bookstores like Kroch's and Brentano's, Borders and the likes. One thing I noticed at Borders was that they set up the coffee lounges and they were often filled with people sitting there reading magazines and books. I mean, it's great to BROWSE and see if you want something but I thought how crazy - people are reading these things for free and then putting them back. Is this a library or what??? Some people are just incredibly cheap about things. :rolleyes: Glad you like my avatar. It was DH's for a while - he kids about Driving Miss Daisy - driving me all around and I said this was his Driving Miss Daisy avatar :lol:

Oops :o sorry for my slip up :o Thank you Annie for providing the D/A preview. :lol:

Need to go find me a light lunch before I head off to the shop. Have a good day and hello to the rest of my Worldie Sisters. :wave:

diyana 08-08-2013 12:30 PM

Good Thursday morning,

The appointment at the chiropractor went ok. He said the muscles were so tight, there wasn't much adjustment he could do, so he worked on loosening the muscles through a traction table and an electric massager. He then did some accupuncture on me. I felt good for a little while, and then the back pain came back. I imagine it will take more than a 1/2 hour treatment to fix years of back problems. My next appointment isn't until a week from tomorrow, but hopefully they'll get a cancellation earlier in the week. He said no weight bearing exercise...just stationary bike and water exercise for now.

I'm grateful to be having lunch today with a high school friend, and getting to see my niece, her husband and my grand-nephew after work!

Since Ceejay asked, my plans for the weekend include a workshop Saturday morning, followed by a local library book sale (that I may or may not go to), followd by a date with D. On Sunday, I'll probably take Santa to the dog park in the morning and then relax the remainder of the day.

=================

Ceejay - It's tough to decide whether to keep family heirlooms. Have you asked others if they would want it? I have many family heirlooms that I will pass on to my nieces and nephews since I don't have children. I'm glad you got your old lawn mower picked up.

Happy - I hope Nina is feeling better now that she is back home. Not sure if you know of this...but there is a town called "Neenah" near Oshkosh, WI. Glad she made a deposit. I think you should write a children's book about her. As for the chiro...I'm going to give it a few visits before I decide one way or another. Your avatar is so cute!

Mel - I'm glad you had such a nice visit with John. My ex has Celiac's disease so he has to figure out a new "gluten-free" way of eating his favorite foods (beer, bread, pancakes and donuts). I love your summery avatar!

Annie - I hope your foot gets better soon. So nice that your friend did the xray for free. Rest Ice Compression Elevation...especially the Rest Ice and Elevation. I know...you never Rest. At least not for very long. Next time you make stroganoff, you might just have to set a place at the table for me. I LOVE stroganoff!! And despite brown rice being healthier, I'll take mine with noodles if you please. And I'll have some peach cobbler AND cornbread, if you don't mind. :drool: Sounds super yummy!! Yes, please post the recipe.

:wave: to Shad.

Gotta get back to work now.

Much love,

Laura705 08-08-2013 05:14 PM

Afternoon all. We got back from the volunteer day about a half hour ago. As usual, I'm tired from doing the physical labor to which I am unaccustomed. In this case, it was painting all day. My feet are feeling it from being on my feet all day, and I'm starting to feel it in my hands from holding a brush in my hand. And I feel sweaty and grimey too.

Back at the office, I learned that a project I thought I had til next Friday to complete, I now have til just Tuesday noon when the boss needs to see it before her boss wants to see it. I'm not thrilled by this, because I already have a vacation day scheduled for tomorrow. But...they'll definitely get something in their hands by the deadline.

I've got 100 squats done for the day, only 150 more to go. Not sure I want to go to Jazzercise tonight, but what the heck, I already need a shower, so I'll go and we'll see how energetic I feel. :D I'll probably do everything low impact - marching instead of jumping/hopping/etc.

My dr appt isn't until 9:30 am tomorrow, so I get to laze around a bit. Bf's mum is coming over for lunch tomorrow and we're grilling some nice steaks we'll get from the butcher and some ear corn bf's mom bought. Just add a salad and we''l be done. Well, the house is a wreck, so that'll be another thing to do, but she's probably gotten used to it by now, LOL.

I'm really not up to starting any real work right now, so I'm going to clean up e-mail and get on the earlier train home. Or maybe I'll just catch up on reading your posts, LOL. I will bring home my laptop and my project file and think about doing a few hours of work over the weekend. The upside of the earlier project deadline is that maybe now I can take a day off later next week and go to the state fair w/ bf and meet up with a friend who is going next week for several days.

Okay, enough :blah::blah::blah:.

Shad 08-09-2013 04:59 AM

Evening all,
Another busy day, TGIF. The list is not as long for the weekend. However I have been in the roof space today as well as doing some work in the garden and getting the housework done.
Miss Puss chucked up over my doona in the middle of the night and that had to be cleaned today. Lucky I have more than one doona hey. I had taken her to the vet for her annual check up ($180.00 thank you) and she has some problem teeth. So now she has to have a couple extracted and the rest cleaned. Somewhere between $365 and $700 depending on the number extracted. $700 equates to all teeth. Other than that she is very healthy. No kidney, no heart, no weight problems (grrrr. Wish I knew her secret) and she has only varied from 3.8kg to 4.2kg in her entire 15 years. The current weight is 4kg.

I've been in the roof, as I said. Checked out all the wiring and pipes since some folk have had fires in their homes due to rodents eating the wiring. It all looks okay up there but I found a lot of stuff up there and now I have to get it all down and through it out. How the **** we managed to keep boxes (empty) of items we don't even own any more, I don't know. DS1 has some boxes of text books from university days. I presume they don't even teach those languages (IT) any more, but I will check them out and see if I can sell them or if not, get rid of them.
My new garden seems to be taking root okay. Will give it another week or so and then start to create some more. That will mean laying some more blocks and digging some more drains.

Mel - if you have found the Christmas Cheer, send it over. I've just dumped the Christmas tree, so might need some cheer.

Annie - Poor little toes. Bubble wrap, plaster cast or moon boot, I think you need to be wrapped up away from these catastrophes. Love Stroganoff. Will put in an order for when I get to Indiana next time.

Ceejay - the following is what is on the list for tomorrow. Only 1/2 hour stints because the temp tomorrow is supposed to be 84F - unseasonable but it beats the rain we had.
Clean and dust Bed 3
Taxes
Roof – Clean Out, 1 hour
Garden ½ hour
Side Gardens ½ hour
Back Yard ½ hour
Orchid Shift
Even getting too hot to get all wrapped up and work in the roof now as well. Probably need to be some laundry in that lot as well. And mow the lawn.

Happy - those temps sound like what we should be getting at the moment. Instead it is warming up in a big hurry. Glad to hear that the kitten appears to be okay. Hope they find out what was wrong with her and it doesn't cost a fortune along with an arm and a leg.
The cherries sound nice. I have been eating USA cherries for the last week or so. Also this week we got in some US Peaches and Nectarines and I treated myself. They were very yummy.

Michelle - hope the chiro works soon. My DS2 had acupuncture on a bad ankle. Said it worked a treat.

Laura - Painting all day. Come on over, I'll get the DS2 to give you a job. Soon sort those muscles out. You might learn to tile as well, so those awesome knees after all the crunches should be up to that you reckon?

And that is about it. Need to rest up for another day tomorrow. Oh yes and I have a job for a month or so starting in September working in Brisbane, Rockhampton and Mackay. Third time lucky I guess. This may lead to more casual stuff in the future.

So time to go watch a couple of tv programs. Pains me but the two I want to watch tonight are both on at the same time. Boo. But repeats will no doubt happen.

MELODY525 08-09-2013 07:44 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
I NED TO GET SOME STUFF DONE BEFORE THE WEEKEND.
TIE UP SOME VERY LOOSE ENDS HERE.
PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE STILL ON VACATION OR HAVE ALREADY LEFT.
ONE MAN IS ACTING LIKE A CONCIERGE RATHER THAN A MAINTENANCE MAN:tantrum:
HE REALLY NEEDS TO RETIRE.
SAD CAUSE I LOVE THE GUYS BUT THEY ARE JUST NOT WORKING.
EACH HAS A REASON LIKE AGE & ILLNESS.
BUT THERE IS WORK TO DO AND 6 BUILDINGS TO DO IT IN.
I KEEP TELLING MYSELF IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM.
ONE DAY I WILL LISTEN TO MYSELF. :rofl:

HAVE A SUPER DAY AND A GREAT WEEKEND:encore:

http://bitmapworld.com/album/comics/...by_Mirz123.png
CEEJAY...GLAD YOU'RE HAVING A CJ WEEKEND.
HOPE YOU CAN KEEP IT THAT WAY.
WOULD BE NICE IF YOU & THE FRIEND CAN GET TOGETHER WHEN YOU VISIT.
WE HAD SOME THUNDER LAST NIGHT AND MORE PREDICTED FOR TODAY.
DID IT DRY OUT BY YOU YET???
WE BETTER BUILD THAT ARK!!

ANNIE...VERY SORRY ABOUT THE CHIRO NEWS.
OLD AGE IS A BIOTCH AND YOU ARE SO YOUNG YET:hug:
I HEAR YA ON RETIREMENT AND GETTING PROBLEMS.
SEEMS LIKE THE MORE I RETIRE THE MORE IS GOING WRONG:rofl:
STAY STRONG MY FRIEND.
CELIAC'S PEOPLE HAVE TO BE TOTALLY GLUTEN FREE.
SHE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT I COULD HAVE PICKED HER UP.
AND SHE IS SUCH A TINY THING ALREADY.
BUT LOOKING MUCH BETTER NOW.

HAPPY.....HOPE ANNIE SAVED US SOME LEFTOVERS!!!
THIS LEG SEEMS TO BE TAKING IT'S TIME GETTING WELL.
I HOPE THE LEG FEELS BETTER SOON. :hug:
HOW CUTE ABOUT DH & WALKING IN THE YARD WITH THE DEER.
MOM MUST BE A TRUSTING SOUL.
THE CHERRIES SOUNDED DELICIOUS!!

MICHELLE....HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND.
SOUNDS LIKE A NICE ONE ALREADY.
SORRY THE CHIRO COULDN'T HELP RIGHT AWAY BUT GUESS WE KNEW THAT ALREADY.
JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND GO SLOWLY. THE TURTLE ALWAYS WINS THE RACE WHEN IT COMES TO BACKS!

LAURA....HOPE THE PROJECT ALL WORKS OUT.
SOUNDS LIKE A DAY OFF LATER ON IS EVEN BETTER.
BUT WHAT A PITA TO FIND THIS OUT NOW!!
HOPE THE HANDS AND FEET FEEL OK TODAY ALSO.
THAT IS SUCH A NICE THING FOR EVERYONE TO BE DOING.:hug:

SHAD.....YOU HAVE BEEN A BUSY GAL FOR SURE.
HAD A LAUGH AT THE EMPTY BOXES AND THE IT BOOKS.
I JUST DID SOMETHING SIMILAR BUT ON A MUCH SMALLER BASIS.
HAPPY GARDENING. HERE'S THE CHRISTMAS CHEER:xcheer:

ceejay52 08-09-2013 11:08 AM

I may get out and try the mower if it doesn't rain this afternoon. Trying to let the grass dry off too. It's cloudy, hot and humid already so I'll have to do like Shad and do it in 15 minute segments. But sweating out the toxins in my body is a good thing.
We had thunder boomers for 2 hours last night. Kind of weird. We needed the rain but not sure about the farmers. It's getting close to harvest season.
Set the box that the lawn mower came in for garbage pick up this morning. Of course my neighbor came to ask about the other mower. I told her that street and sanitation came and I couldn't find any parts for it. She seem okay with that. My new mower has a 4 year warranty on it. That mower probably had the same thing. And I used it for 5 years. This one will not be loaned out.
Need to go run some errands in a few, bank deposit, buy vehicle tags and pay taxes. ugh there goes a hunk of money.

Mel
I feel the same way as your maintenance men sometimes, but I told myself I have to keep pushing for 2 more years. The main thing I need to do is quit going all over every where on the week ends.

Happy
Glad the kitten is back to her self. I like your idea of taking one small goal at a time. I'd love to see some of those cooler temps down here this week.

Laura
I know I'd be sore from doing all the painting. But I'm glad you did. I need to volunteer. I'm going to start the squat challenge especially if I don't have to do them all at one time.

Shad
I don't envy you going up to the attic. And ouch on the vet bill for Sunday.

Annie
How is the foot doing today?

Michelle
Hope the chiro can help ease those tense muscles?

happy2bme 08-09-2013 12:45 PM

Well girls, I guess it's settled. First menu item on the commune commissary is stroganoff :hungry: Glad we can agree so easily on the food although Miss Annie is going to have to separate the food into 2 batches - mild for me, Mel and Ceejay and speecy spicy hotchacha for Annie and Shad who have a stronger tummy and well developed tongue. Not sure where Laura fits into the mix - easy enough to accommodate.

Yesterday was one of those days when I question why I work with the public. We had a lot of traffic through the shop - bigger groups of people who had to pick up and touch EVERYTHING and drop it all over the place where it didn't belong. Made a mess of the bookshelves over and over. I tried to clean up as much as I could but every time I walked away, someone stepped up to the register. I made very little money on my shift - mostly dollar or less purchases not worth wasting the cash register tape they were printed on. There were also a lot of people who engaged in my peeved behavior which is setting the money on the counter in front of them and making me reach wayyyy across the register and counter (the front counter is shoulder level) instead of being polite and handing me the money. Like "I won't touch you because you have cooties" :rolleyes: For the first time since working there I closed and locked the door at 5 minutes to closing and started counting up. The prior hour we had people tromp through the store, mess up shelves and walk out without buying anything so I figured no need to stay open. Funny how people's behavior changes as it gets towards the end of the season. We also had another volunteer who was gracious enough to make 2 huge bags of dog treats and left them in the refrigerator. I bagged up the first package (we portion them out in cute cellophane bags). As I opened the second bag, I noticed that the cookies were not baked nearly long enough. They should be hard like dog biscuits and these were soft like chewy granola bars. I daresay she ran out of time making them. I debated about what to do, in the end decided that undercooked was not good for the dogs, would be a waste to package as they will mold up quick as they are too wet with no preservatives and I thought it unfair to those who might buy the biscuits in good faith, only to find them go bad quickly - not good for business. So I took them home last night and baked them for 2 more hours. They are nice and hard as they should be. Will take them with me when I go to work on Sunday. Yesterday I had a dear elderly couple come in to the store asking if we accepted VHS tapes and books. I said yes. The gent came round the back door - they had 6 boxes of stuff. As he brought it in I was dismayed to see that it was homemade VHS tapes - ie copying a movie from the tellie and creating your own tape which we cannot resell. Also the books were very old. VERY OLD. Odd subjects - things that I'm sure will be pitched. There are some old gardening books - I will have to have a look on Sunday to see if there's anything worth setting out but I fear that most of this will be chucked in the trash bin. Despite what people think, not everything has a value to someone. Pity... On another note, today our local co-op had a huge meat sale starting at 7am when the store opened. I debated about going even though I did not get to bed until late and would have had to get up at 5:30 or so to wake up and get myself out the door. In the end decided it wasn't worth it. My cousin did go and sure enough, tons of crazy, crazy people fighting each other to get at the meat. They don't put limits on the number of items you can buy so people jam their carts/trolleys full and 30 minutes after the sale starts, they are sold out of the good stuff. Think crazy markdowns and end of season sales at the bridal salons ;) Ain't no meat at any price that's worth it for me.

Ok, so I glanced at the ads to the right of my page on the site here and there is an ad "L-o-o-k-I-n-g -f-o-r a-n A-s-I-a-n w-I-f-e?" with a website address. Seriously???? Here????? Geez. :rolleyes: I am spelling it this way so this ad will not track me around for the rest of the day.

Sounds like I am coming off as a grump - not really. Just one of those days. Hope today is better. :)

Ceejay - leave it to the neighbor to come investigating your trash. Glad you kept things to yourself. I hear it is hot down your way. Stay cool and as dry as you can. Plan to make it 2 more years working and also plan a Plan B just in case some interferes with the 2 year plan. This way you have all your bases covered.

Mel - seems like they need some new blood in with the maintenance crew. Understandable how and why people slow down but with 6 old buildings and so many apartments, I'm sure it would keep even 10 Igors hopping along. Hard to find good help though. I understand you comment about the more you retire the more there is to handle. I see the same, you have to pick and choose how much you want to be in the trenches and sometimes you just have to go to your place and not try to be everything to everyone. It's hard. I know :hug: Maybe we need to find you a boy toy so that you are properly distracted ;) :D :o

Shad - the peaches they have out now are particularly juicy and tasty. I keep forgetting the first of the season look pretty but are not good at all - this is the time of year for stone fruit and berries. Sounds like you are one incredibly busy person. I need a rest just reading your list. Might as well chuck the I.T. books - that stuff goes out of date so fast. We pitched all of ours too - sad - even the library and thrift shops don't want them. Glad you were able to grab yourself some upcoming work. At least it's close to home. Yikes I hope Sunday gets to keep most of her teeth. The vets are REALLY encouraging the teeth brushing now - I guess like people, some felines are more prone to dental problems than others. That's a task for DH - not sure if he gave up on the little one and we certainly can't get near the older one to even attempt it at this point.

Laura - good on you for volunteering. I can see how painting all day - which I'd be terrible at - would put a strain on the body. Boo on finding out that you have precious less time to finish your project at work. Well I would not fret over it - enjoy your day off today and tackle all your errands including having a nice lunch with BF's mom. Steak sounds just delish.

Michelle - I'm sure everything in your back is tight right now - particularly if you are having pains. Hope you can get some relief. Do you ever swim in the pool in the yard? Yes, I am familiar with Neenah, WI. My first job was at a steel outfit - we had a very big customer located in Neenah so that name stuck with me. Don't care for that spelling tho :lol: Hope you have a nice weekend with friends and family. When do you start the new job?

Annie - how did dinner work out? I bet there's no leftovers for us :cry: Hope your lower half is feeling better today. If not, better living through chemicals ;) although some times even that doesn't help.

I should send an email off to a friend for her birthday and then get off this computer and get something done before the day goes away. I just spent 30 minutes looking for methods to slow down a cat from eating too fast. Nina is VERY gassy today and that is one of the biggest causes - she snarfs her food down. Anyway - happy weekend everyone.

diyana 08-09-2013 04:43 PM

What a whirlwind evening last night and what a hectic day today.

I have a wonderful time with my beautiful niece, her loving husband and their adorable baby Ryan!! I think babies, like animals, can sense fear...or at least uncomfortableness. As much as I greatly love Ryan...he knows I'm a rookie when it comes to babies. So I got to hold him, but not for nearly as long as I would've liked. He did great with his great-grandmom (my step-mom). He's such a cutie. At 2 months, he weighs 11.5 lbs, and he is in the top percentile for height for his age. I wish my niece could've stayed longer, but this weekend, they are also visiting her husband's sister and brother-in-law who live a few cities away.

A couple hours before they had to leave, my stepmother went to the airport to pick up her brother and his wife. They are visiting from New Hampshire for roughly 10 days. It's very nice to see them too. I haven't seen her brother and his wife since my dad passed away, roughly 10 years ago.

Right now, I'm not feeling really well. I have a couple more hours to work and then I think I'll relax for a bit.

Sorry about no personals...hopefully later.

Much love,

MELODY525 08-10-2013 06:17 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...oy-weekend.gif

MORNING CHICKIES

JUST GOT DONE WITH AN ALARM. YAWN....YAWN....
THOUGHT I BETTER SAY HELLO BEFORE I HIT THE SACK AGAIN.
I COULD USE ANOTHER HOUR OR TWO.
THANK GOD IT'S KIND OF DARK & GREY OUTSIDE.
I AM NOT AWAKE YET:rofl:
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

CEEJAY.....I KNOW HOW YOU AND THE MEN HERE FEEL.
WISH YOU ALL COULD RETURE NOW AND ENJOY LIFE.
I HEAR YOU ON STAYING HOME MORE OFTEN AND NOT RUNNING AROUND.
BUT MIGHT AS WELL SEE THE UNCLES NOW BEFORE YOU GO.
HOPE THE MOWER WORKS WELL AND KEEP IT LOCKED UP!!!

HAPPY.....GOOD THING YOU RE-BAKED THE BISCUITS.
IMAGINE A DOG GETTING SICK AND COMING BACK??? YIKES!!
WE GET THE SAME KIND OF DONATIONS HERE.
DUSTY, MOLDY, WEIRD TITLES....CRAP THAT NEEDS A GARBAGE BIN!!!
ESPECIALLY THE MOLDY STUFF FROM WSOMEONE'S BASEMENTS.
THE MAINT. MEN KNOW TO SAY THANK YOU AND THEN THE MINUTE THE DONOR IS GONE...THROW THEM OUT ON THE TRUCK!!:rofl:
OUR LITTLE LIBRARY IS SOMMETIMEES JUST A DUMPING GROUND. SAD.
I AM READY FOR THE BEEF STRGANOFF!! YUM!! :hun:

MICHELLE...SO NICE TO BE SEEING THE FAMILY AGAIN.
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

annie175 08-10-2013 07:18 AM

Good Morning Happy Crowd!

Was up at 4 with Curtis. Wasn't planned but kept seeing him passing thru the bedroom and shutting drawers rather loudly. I finally asked, honey, what is wrong. He said, I forgot to take the pen out of my work shorts and I do not know what the disconnect is, as I take out my wallet, my hankie. He was frustrated even before he dealt with the public. I started laughing, I said, honey, with all that is on your mind with work, your clumsy wife and her toe, no wonder you forget a small pen. He started laughing too! It is all good now! Oh how I love this man that takes such good care of me.

Started laundry early. Put work clothes from C and I. Tuesday thru Saturday, evening clothes and nighty nite clothes, the d*mn washer is still only about half full. haha....now only have one more load of towels. Granted laundry gets done with less loads. Gonna clean out my SUV, and vacuum. Raining today, not washing it. Got to hit the grocery...Aldi's, Walmart and the bank today. Then resting. haha, my resting is like nothing. Forgot to water my hanging petunias on the front porch so I have a hanging of dead rubbish. blen. We don't use the front door so it is easy to forget.

Have a great weekend all..

Hugs

ceejay52 08-10-2013 10:03 AM

It's dark and dreary here this morning. I really wanted to finish the law today but the radar say's no. More all day rain. Good thing I'm not going to my uncles.

A friend is coming over later this morning with a watermelon she wants to cut up. She has no place in the store to do this. I need to go get some Zip lock bags.

More later.