Worldy Chicks - August's Attitude of Gratitude

You're on Page 13 of 15
Go to
  • Morning all,
    The power and gas people are pissing me off! Seriously - a bill for $12933.32 for a 3 month reading? I'll go to jail before I pay that one. The problem appears to be from a reading way back when and estimated readings since. But to use the amount of power that they state I have used, I estimate I would have to be cooking on 3 commercial ovens, 24 hours a day for around 13 months. I haven't been here over the 8 months between October last year and May this year so where have I used this power??
    Anyway, that's my problem and it will be solved by end of day TODAY.

So for the moment, no personals. I will be back to my normal sunny self as soon as I get this sorted.
  • OMG Shad
  • Oh Holy Bat Crap Shad.....I would of fainted. Will be back in a bit.
  • Happy Happy Birthday Ceeg! And Many More!!!
  • Shad
    And our customers are complaining about high bills. You definitely have the right to be highly upset. I would be.
    I'm hoping the decimal is the wrong place.
    -------

Just checked facebook and found out my niece who has been in the Ukraine for the past 2 years doing the peace corp thing is engaged as of last night. Now this may put a damper on her coming home. But I'm excited for her.
  • Thanks Annie
  • When I saw annie's bday greeting to ceejay, I thought, Ceejay's bday isn't until the 27th.Took a look at the calendar & dang if it isn't the 27th already!!

Happy Birthday Ceejay!!!

• Happy Birthday Ceejay - hope you have a wonderful day and a great year ahead! Another year closer to retirement

• Lots to get done today...so not much time for personals. I didn't sleep well last night. I think I need another audio book from the library...those always help me sleep.

I did an hour of water aerobics last night, and if I'm not too tired by the end of the work day, I'll do at least 1/2 hour on the exercise bike tonight. We'll see. Right now, I'm pretty tired and not feeling too great.

==========================
    Ceejay - Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead!!!

Shad - I would've fainted at the sight of that bill. Is the power company going to do anything to correct it?

Here's to a great day for all! I'll try and check in later.

Much love,
  • Good morning all,

Laura I can totally relate to your comment about the date slipping by. I was very surprised to see that Labor Day is next Monday. Where did the summer go to? We have had such wacky weather. We barely had any rain - literally it rained 3 times for 5 minutes in the last 3 months. Then the last 2 days we have had a line of thunderstorms at night that darn near washed the house down the road and sent the older cat scurrying under the bed. It went from chilly to super hot - which really popped some of my tomatoes by the way. And after being in the 80s and 90s, it looks like the forecast for next Monday is 67 degrees for a high. I think DH said something like the Farmer's Almanac said it's going to be a dreadfully cold winter but I don't believe that because the first year we moved here it was supposed to be a BRUTAL winter and it was quite mild. Last year we got a lot of snow and had that record breaking 22 inch storm the first week of May so it seemed that spring would never come. I don't think they know themselves what's going on so we take each day as it comes.

DH had to replace the weather stripping on the front door yesterday which was an ordeal so he had to take the door off the hinges. It was really really hot outside and I could not turn the air conditioning on so it was really uncomfortable to do much work and I also was unable to bake the dog treats I was planning on doing. We wound up having a light supper of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches just because it was too hot to fuss and neither of us were hungry for a big meal. I have to work today - was going to do a few things this morning but DH got up at 5am to go and put out the garbage cans to the roadside. A few days ago the critters got at the trash can and made a mess so he didn't want to leave the cans out overnight. He went back to bed and is sleeping now so I don't want to make a lot of noise so I guess I will catch up with things later.

Shad - that's one helluva bill you got there. I hope for THEIR sake that the power company does not give you a hard time.

Doing anything special for your birthday today Ceejay? Would be nice if all those neighbors who ask you favors bought you lunch today

Michelle - the last time I was a WW, the leader also talked about fruit servings - said to remember that there is natural sugar in fruit and it meant that we were to be mindful of eating portions and servings - ie. 1/2 cup on average and not to just have at the cantaloupe like there was no tomorrow. She also suggested denser, more fiberous fruits like an apple vs sugary watermelon and on the veggie side - portion out the starchy vegetables - broccoli vs corn or potatoes. I think it would be easier to hire a personal chef who calculated the points ahead of time and just set a plate in front of us to eat

I guess everyone's busy this morning and I gotta get a move on so I'll try and come back tonight to catch up. Have a good day.
  • Morning all.

Michelle - Yes, that was Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert and the "Walls of Jericho". With WW or any other tracking method, it sure is an eye opener once you do it! Yeh, even though most fruits & veg are 0 points, you still can't go crazy on them - calories are calories. I'd definitely do another architecture cruise - they're so interesting! I've been parasailing - once many many years ago in Acapulco, Mexico! I enjoyed it, but in later travels to other places, I observed parasailors being dipped in the water! Was that your experience?? I don't think I'd care for that. Especially not in a cold mountain lake like Tahoe!!! Brrr! At World's End sounds good. I never saw Shaun of the Dead, but I did see Hot Fuzz - I think that had some of the same people? Loved it. Good job on the exercise! Take a rest day if you need it sister!!

Happy - Yum, fish tacos sound good. LOL re the coworker who didn't know who you were! Crazy weather we have - people were complaining around here about the fall-like temps and now we've got heat indexed in the 100's! But the heat is good for the veggies!

Shad - Wow, that's quite a bill. I'd be hyperventilating for sure!! Hope you're on the way to getting it straightened out!!

Ceejay - Yeh, the points are a hassle to calculate - you still have to have the nutrition data to calculate them, so it's just another step. The eTools that's part of my ww membership makes it easier, but I still like to readily see calories, because to me, most of the time all I really care about are the calories going in. I know choosing healthy calories is important, and I know fruits and veges give me a great calorie "bang for the buck"...but when I want candy or chips, it's just about calories. So, are you doing anything special for yourself today??

Hi Annie!!!!
    ==
    Nothing much to report. Last night was the third Jazzercise class I've missed in a row - too darn hot.

I made the Thai Basil Chicken recipe last night - yum. Have to make it more frequently.

Supposed to go to see the movie "Blue Jasmine" tonight. A Woody Allen film. It's getting good reviews.

WW meeting today with the new leader, and the time has been changed so they start earlier!!! Yay for that, I won't starve when I fast before my weigh-ins. Unfortunately, I don't expect great things at today's weigh-in. And I'm sort of nervous because the new leader is manning the scale personally so he can get to know us! So I get to tell him I've been struggling all summer and have nothing to show for all these weeks...

That's it for me. TTFN!
  • Well Laura - I can imagine how it might be uncomfortable to have the leader watch over the weigh ins, but then again, this could be a test of how good a leader he is. I have to say that I've probably been to a dozen WW meetings and by far the most favorite leader I ever had was a guy. He gave us really good, practical information, didn't play favorites as some leaders do and some of the ladies I thought were just sort of fake - like they didn't really care about you as a person and I think weight loss is one of the most personal efforts you can make. Not everyone is a super star - those are the people who need the least amount of attention, not the most I think. Anyway hope your WI is not too disappointing.
  • Happy - Yum, BLT's - another excellent thing to help use up those tomatoes!! And we actually have some bacon in the house!! That's tonight's dinner for sure!

I think the ww leader wanting to know each of us is a good thing, I just think once I get to meet him and know him it'll be easier. And it'll probably help to have even more accountability!
  • Happy Hump Day!! Trash Day!! and drum roll....I am excited...my son is going back to plumbing school which is very near my house, therefore he will stay at my house on Wednesday nights after class and eat me out of house and home. lol. It will save him an hour plus drive at 9:45 pm. His work is about 20 minutes from my house so he will get to sleep in just a bit on Thursdays. Plus save him that hour plus drive into work.

I wasn't much up to cooking last night so I made sloppy joes and baked fries. All and all it was quite delish and a change from the usual. I have leftover joes, so hopefully DS will enjoy that tonight.

I am taking Friday off and going to the zoo with lil man and sissy. It is supposed to be hotter than haites so hopefully we can go early in the am when the zoo opens and leave by about 1pm to avoid the terrible heat.

It is hot and humid here these days. We are officially in a drought. I can tell cause all my cuke vines have wilted and died, even with the watering. I had about 8 cukes off of it. Not very many and a few of them were no more than the size of a dill pickle. Tomatos are growing by leaps and bounds however they are still pretty green. I have had about 6 ripe ones thus far. Heck with the lettuce.

Going to post this then do personals...don't want to lose it.
  • HAPPY...we do not have any critter problems in our neighborhood. I don't know how we escape them. THere isn't even a stray dog or cat. The most we have are rabbits. I see dead coons and oppossum on the main road near the neighborhood but none in the hood. Thank God. We even sometimes keep our trash on the side of the house when we get too many bags. How was work? Are you still enjoying it or is it becoming a pain in the arse? Are your feet/hips/legs withstanding the hours on your feet? I love BLTs but mostly the B. I could eat the bacon without anything else. YUM!

LAURA...change can be good. Sounds like your new male leader is taking a great interest in you all so maybe it will help you stay OP. Thai basil chicken sounds quite yummy. Is it very hot or spicy? If so, I would have to fix C something else, he doesn't do hot or spicy. ONLY ME!!! lol How was the movie. I am not a Woody Allen fan, but if it is good I might go see it. I am trying to work in The Butler at the moment, however others keep planning things for me.

CHELLE...Sorry you cannot sleep at night. Since I started taking a half of a PM at night I do much better, you might try it. If I do wake up, I start counting backwards from 100 and fall back to sleep by 80. YEAH! Good on you for exercising. Amazing with your back and all that you get any exercising done. Proud of you sister, you have come a long way baby!!!!

CEEG...how was your birthday? Did you do any celebrating? or just working? When are you going on the vacay? Congrats on the neices engagement. Will you be attending in the Ukraine? lol

SHADDIE....are the peeps at the electric company still alive? That bill certainly had to be an MAJOR error. Either that or someone has tapped into your electricity while you were not looking. Now that is a scary thought.

MELLIE...good morning dahling, I suppose you are typing over my head. Quiet night? How are you feeling? Is this hot weather hitting you also?

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.. hugs