Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Our earthquakes are minor compared to some. as low as a 2.6 which one can barely feel the ground shake. The train can shake the ground that much. At least I feel the building move when the train comes by.

Michelle
I'm the same on the exercising. I can't do it before work. I'm definitely not getting up at 4.30 a.m. just to exercise and by the end of the 12 hour shift I'm give out but I have been forcing myself to ride the bike for 20 minutes after I get home.

Annie
Enjoy your "fun" week end. I like those pub type table and chairs but for me they would be to tall. Now you and C and Sassy can have the own reclining chair.

Happy
Have a good day at the shop.

Mel
Tom and Jerry always make me laugh. Guess I should start watching some of those older cartoons.

Shad
Hope you are having a good day.
-------------
Still nothing new on my end.
When I was at Wally World the other day I saw that the Great Gatsby was coming out on DVD soon. I'll be buying that for my birthday present. And taking it to Missouri with me to watch there. My bil likes to watch movies.
For some unknown reason I've come down with some intestinal issues today. Almost afraid to go down stairs.
Been thinking about momma today. Today is her birthday and would have been 90 years old.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #137  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just lost a big post answering all the personals and telling you about life in NZ. Can't do it again.

I'll be back tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #138  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING WOMEN OF THE WORLD!!

I HAD TO LAUGH THIS MORNING.
ON THE ONE NIGHT WITH NO ALARMS, I WOKE AT 2 AM.
TOOK ME ANOTHER HOUR TO FALL ASLEEP.
MUST HAVE BEEN THE ANTICIPATION
NOTHING MUCH NEW HERE.
JEN & RICHIE DID SOME FOOD SHOPPING.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. LOL
THEN WE CHATTED A BIT AND THEY LEFT.
RICHIE'S INFECTED WISDOM TOOTH IS NOT CRACKED BUT NEEDS PULLING.
WAITING FOR THE INFECTION TO LEAVE.
GOING OUT FOR A BIT IN A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE SENIORS GET UP.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

SHAD....SORRY YOU LOST THE POST
WAS THERE ANY BLOOD SHED IN IT??? ROFLMAO
HOPE THE GROIUND IS NOT MOVING IN YOUR AREA
I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING TODAY.
YESTERDAY THEY SAID THE SHAKING PERSISITED.
FLOODS, VOLCANOES AND FIRES ALL OVER THE WORLD TOO.
SCARY!!!

ANNIE....SOUNDS LIKE CURTIS INTENDS TO RAISE THE TEMPS INDOORS TOO!!
I HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A GREAT TIME & THE WEATHER IS GOOD TOO. ENJOY!

HAPPY....I AM THE SAME WAY ABOUT EMERGENCIES.
ALWWAYS READY TO FILL IN. HOPE IT WAS A GOOD DAY.
WE ARE SO WITH YOU AND THIS PAINFUL SUMMER. WTF!!
I THINK WE'VE TRIED EVERY OTC PAIN MED KNOWS TO MAN.
SENDING HUGS FOR BOTH YOU AND DH

CEEJAY.....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE INTESTINAL ISSUES.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOMMA
LOVED THE IDEA OF THE MOVIE & THE VISIT.
I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS IN 7 DAYS!!
WHERE IS AUGUST GOING TO???

LAURA...I HEAR YA ON THE BOSS'S ATTITUDE.
THINGS ARE SIMILAR HERE TOO.
THEIR HEAD IS ALREADY OUT THE DOOR ON RETIREMENT.
SIGH. AND DOUBLE SIGH.
I DID THE SAME AS YOU WITH THE RECIPES.
THEN GAVE THEM ALL TO JEN.
SHE KEPT THE ONES THEY LIKED AND WE GOT RID OF THE REST.
I DON'T COOK ANYMORE.
I LOVE THOSE PLASTIC SHEET COVERS. LOL
I LOVE THE TCM CHANNEL. THE SENIORS DO TOO.
I STILL TAPE FOR A FEW OF THEM.
LAMB KEBOBS???? HAVEN'T HAD THEM IN AGES!

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU CAN FIT THE GYM IN.
JUST TAKE CARE OF THAT BACK EITHER WAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-20-2013 at 07:46 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #139  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

It's Friday, Friday, Friday....YEAH! At least for me it is....New living room and dining room furniture arrive tomorrow morning before we leave. Went to dinner at Bob Evans last evening. We met up with Cs good daughter, Maryann. Will not go back to Bob E. That was the worse food on earth. The company was good tho.

MELLIE....love this mornings picture. I remember a trip like that once. Ahhh the memories.. Poor Richie and his tooth. Nothing more painful than an infected tooth. Owie. Sleeping woes, I am convinced I have had them since my first born. I find taking a half of a PM keeps me sleeping a bit better.

SHADDIE...I just hate it when I lose a post. I haven't had that in a while. Knock on wood. Hope you are not too far down under it all.

CEEG...I just bought the James Bond movie Skyfall. We saw it at the movies but wanna see it again. Hope your tummy woes straighten out and don't ruin your entire day. Feel better sister.

CHELLE...how was the first day at work? You seem busier than you have ever been, work and play. Good for you!

LAURA...I am getting more and more used to my IPhone. It is just a matter of figiting with it. Lots of new lil tricks to get used to. Boo on the boss and her comments on your project. I think they just do that to justify their job and feel like they are "bossing" you around.

HAPPY...how was your day at the thrift store? Everyone mind their Ps and Qs? How is DHs back? and BTW how are your feet/hips etc?

That about does it for me....I may post tomorrow morning while waiting on furniture delivery. Otherwise chat at you all on Sunday/Monday.

Have a wonderful week/weekend.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #140  

Morning all.

Annie - Happy Friday to you!!! Glad the company was good last night, too bad about the food... Good you're getting used to the phone. I don't like fidgeting with mine. Yesterday bf & I were trying to figure out how to add holidays to the calendar, but neither of us wanted to spend any time on it. Another day. I forgot my phone at home today. I hate how much that bugs me - how did it suddenly begin to seem like a life-line? If you don't get back here tomorrow - have a wonderful getaway!!

Mel - Now your body is getting used to the wee hour sleep interruptions! Nice someone else did the shopping. Ooh, like today's photo.

Shad - Oops re the lost post. Not too annoying. Enjoy your time in NZ.

Ceejay - Don't like the ground shaking. I walk over a bridge to get between the office and the train station and when buses and trucks go over, it makes the bridge shake. Don't like that at all. Find myself wondering what I'd do if the bridge gave out while I was on it!!! Is your belly better today?? Great Gatsby was entertaining, and just a very beautiful movie to watch in the visual sense - sets, costumes, etc. Good for you getting on the stationary bike after a 12-hour shift. Not sure I could do that!

Michelle - Hope you were able to fit in a workout yesterday. Otherwise, you'll figure it out as you settle into your new work schedule.

Hi Happy! Hope you're able to take it easy today!!

===
Went to Jazzercise class last night. Another sub instructor. This one doesn't have her microphone set high enough to hear her very well over the music. Sigh. I did mostly low impact, but it was warm in the space and so I got sweaty anyway. It's really heating up here, so I have a feeling I'll be skipping class on Thursday. Shame on me, already talking myself out of going...

Nothing much else going on. Forgot my phone today and I had the e-book version of the book club book on it. Couldn't read it on the way to work, and obviously won't be able to read it on the way home. Not even half way through the book and book club meets on Saturday. Oh well. I'm skipping the movie tonight so I suppose I can do some reading tonight.

That's about it for me. Everyone have a great day today.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #141  
Happy September

ANNIE....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME IN BROWN COUNTY!!
I AM VERY JEALOUS!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-20-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #142  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks MELLIE.... There is even a hot tub on the back deck....yeeee what fun!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #143  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Geez yesterday ran away from me faster than a bullet train! I told DH I felt like I was running at top speed and was still 3 blocks behind Of course it started being disruptive with the change in plans to work. Wasn't a bad morning - there are some people who are really, really nice and some you will never walked into the shop but that's the way it goes. I made about $100 in sales so not too bad of a day - particularly for a Monday when we have much competition from the junky flea market on the outskirts of town. And junky it is indeed. After I got off work I went to the grocery store and decided instead of just picking up a few things, I might as well do the week's shopping. They had soda bottles on sale for a good price - some variety for DH and that really loaded my cart down. Felt like I was pushing an elephant. After that I ran over to the farmer's market. The family farm did their pig butchering (geez don't that make you want to become a vegan???) and I got 3 nice pork roasts as well as some lovely meaty soup bones and some thin sandwich steaks. Yes, it's going to be 90 degrees today and I have a taste for soup Came home really tired, made a quick dinner, played with the cats who were demanding attention and did some research on the computer. Then I remembered it was trash night so I went and cleaned out the litter boxes, gathered the trash and recycling to go out to the curb and gave a quick drink of water to some of the plants on the deck. The animals were looking for water outside so I filled the birdbath and the bowls. Bucky our young deer buck came and drank out of the dog bowl I have out there. It's really funny to see but I guess when you are thirsty you are grateful for any bit of water you can find. And it continues to be dry here. Was gray and cloudy when I got up and every inch of my body hurt - I thought for sure it would rain but no such luck. I took an allergy pill and fell into bed and slept the sleep of the dead until morning. Today I have to water the garden, do some laundry, cook do a bit of tidying up. It's going to be really warm - I set the air conditioning on so it would be comfortable in here - DH is happy about that.

I was really worried about our younger cat. They finally got the test results back - they think it's Irritable Bowel Disorder - chronic inflammation of the innards. They started her on a steroid regiment. DH was a bit grumpy - the cats have cost us almost $900 in medical bills so far - something we did not bargain for. He said if this doesn't fix her we will have to surrender her back to the shelter as we cannot afford this continued high expense. I felt really, really bad - I don't see anyone putting up with this problem of hers - she is such a loving, happy cat despite this problem. Her need for constant attention does sometimes frustrate the older cat although right now both of them are napping on the bed head to head and DH is right there next to them sleeping. I think DH got his panties in a twist when the vet said this is a chronic but controllable condition that she will probably have for the rest of her life. He was thinking of all the dollars flying out the window... I was a bit more comfortable with my research - hopefully the steroids - might need 2 doses - will calm the severe inflammation and calm things down. She will be on strict diet for the rest of her life - that means the expensive dry cat food which is ok - both cats nibble on it which is how they prefer to eat all day long and is better for us in the long run. She will never get the cat treats I sneak to her sister - her "treats" will consist of a few spoons of wet meaty cat food which is ok with her. I sincerely hope things work out I told DH the info I found and he is more relaxed about things. Sometimes when we have extra expenses like this, he gets a little tense even tho he says overall we are holding our own and doing fine. I guess it didn't help that the stock market had a down week too.

Every muscle from head to toe on me hurts. I don't know why. I popped 4 ibuprofens and will try and stagger a reasonable amount throughout the day. Not eating anything unusual, not doing any unreasonable activity, weather is steady and consistent. Can't figure it out but DH and I look like 2 old cripples. Just keep plugging away.

Annie - I hope you have the most best, wonderful, amazing, relaxing time with C at your cabin. It sounds sooooooo wonderful. I love Mel's last pictures - hope that's EXACTLY what you have in store for you. Happy fishing and cooking up those fishes in a pan. We had a Bob Evans restaurant down in Memphis - I agree worst food ever and we ate there 4 times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It shut down to no surprise. How nice with the new furniture. I love those pub style tables even though I have a hard time getting in the high seats - should be no problem for you though House must be looking quite nice with all the shiny new stuff. Makes you come home and say ahhh... what a lovely home we have here You deserve it.

Mel - you find the best pictures I love the cabin and wine glasses - gives one a feeling of relaxing just to look at it. I'm sorry to hear about Ritchie's tooth - poor guy - I agree that is some of the very worst pain and I imagine he has to work through it also. Your cabin picture looks very much like it looks up this way - perhaps we should build a vacation cabin on the commune here - but would be better if first I could buy the undeveloped lot next to us. I'll work it into the plans. Has the sun finally peeked out of the clouds by you?

Shad - sorry you lost your big post. Hate when that happens. Hope you are enjoying your visit back home, despite the bumps in the road. Mostly I hope the earthquakes quiet down - don't need no rumbling in your life and let you decide on how much you're going to be shifting the earth

Laura - I have to say one of the nice things about not having the cell phone is that I don't feel tied to it. In fact we bought a TracPhone - for emergencies - it's right on the counter by the keys and we still most often forget to take it I always hated the idea of constantly being plugged in to everyone which is what the cell phone does. I know exactly the feeling you are talking about with the bridge rattling with the passing cars. I think the worst one is the Wacker one that crosses over to the IBM building. That one if I remember has the open weave grates which in and of themselves are scary looking or maybe it's just sizeable gaps in the concrete spans that allow you to see straight down to the water The only good thing about that bridge was that once you crossed it you could get to Gold Coast (hot)Dogs - one of my favorites! Ok, so I'm reading your post further and I see that one of the bummers about forgetting the phone was that you can't read your book. Understandable. However, I could not imagine - perhaps because my eyes are not that great - how one can read comfortably on the iPhone. I guess there is more landscape surface there but I had a really hard time with email using my iTouch - I guess it's a young person's thing Sorry your class didn't turn out to be so enjoyable. Seems like it's a hodgepodge of instructors.

Ceejay - happy birthday to Momma. Hope you honored her with pleasant memories - not the same as hugging her in person I know. But I'm sure she was with you in spirit. I was starting to get myself all worked up over the possibility of earthquakes when I was down south. I think if a bad one hit Memphis it was going to be a lot of chaos and badness. Might not be as bad over where you live although I'm sure you'd be called into super duty with the water system. Let's hope nothing other than gentle rumbles ever happens I was wondering how that Great Gatsby movie was too - let us know.

Michelle- ain't that the bad luck to oversleep on your first day? Fortunately you made up the time. I am totally with you when it comes to evening exercise. Although I didn't like getting up at 5am, I found it too easy to be tired at the end of the day and it was very hard sticking with a gym routine. Morning was way better - of course I didn't have to contend with getting the pups into daycare either - but hopefully you can work something out. Can you swim in the back yard at all? Looked like a nice pool there.

Well ladies, times a wastin' - I need to get some lunch in me - maybe a panzanella salad to use up the leftover sourdough bread, garden tomatoes and fresh basil (I bought 2 new ones to replace my petered out ones I barely used). Stay cool friends.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #144  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You're going to have a great time Annie! Hot tub under the stars. Ahhhhhh.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #145  

Annie
I'm envious of the cabin and hot tub. Reminds me of last years adventures at Pigeon Forge.

Happy
At least you know what is wrong with the kitten. Glad it wasn't anything more serious. I'm kind of thinking that may be my problem as well. May relent and go to the doctor this week end.

Mel
Don't know where you find all these pictures. Maybe my trip to Missouri will be enough to satisfy my getting away. I'm surely getting anxious on going. Will not be long.

---------
Nothing new here. It's been quiet this week. Got tickled at my co-worker who told me there would be a blue moon tonight. We are under a full moon this week. I told her all that meant was that this is the second time in the month that the moon will be full. Think she was disappointed that it wasn't going to be blue in color.
Time to go get busy doing something. I feel eyes watching me for some unknown reason. Maybe I'm just being to sensitive about the camera today and that the boss is in his office more today than usual.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #146  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - How exciting to be getting new furniture and then going on a wonderful vacation to a cabin with a hot tub! Where is Brown County? Indiana? I know there is a Brown County in Wisconsin. Hope you and C have a wonderful time, my dear sista friend.

Happy - I'm so sorry to hear of the younger kitty's bowel problems. I hope the steroids and strict diet get it and keep it under control. And I hope your pain eases up. Sending healing hugs your way.

Last edited by diyana; 08-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #147  

Ceejay - LOL re the blue moon.

Happy - Glad N's condition is treatable. I hope it won't be too expensive, but that's always a possibility with having pets - a condition, illness, accident... LOL, I know the feeling when the shopping cart has a giant bag of dog kibble or several 12 packs of soda - pushing the cart gets very difficult!! I hope you and DH get a break from those aches and pains!!! It's frustrating when you can't even figure out what you might have done to bring it on. Which I guess equates to old age/aging. Every one of us here knows the feeling! The bridge I'm on occasionally that I don't like is the one that has a slightly lower rail than the Madison St. bridge...don't like that. Re the e-book on the phone - there are settings to increase the font size and change the background colors, so it's not like reading fine print. Lots of pages to turn though! Re Jazzercise, there are 3 instructors - the franchise owner and 2 others and I just think we're having the other ones more frequently this month due to summer activities of the owner. Last week she was on vacation. Otherwise it seems like there's a sub every other Thursday and maybe one Saturday a month. Nothing horrible, especially if you're an experienced Jazzerciser, you can go with the flow.

Mel - Love those photos!! Hope Annie & C's cabin is as great as that - they've got a hot tub, so it's already pretty awesome!

===
I was up 0.2 pounds at the WW weigh-in today. Not entirely unexpected, since I'm tracking faithfully and my calories are higher than they should be. If I were in maintenance mode I'd be pretty satisfied, LOL.

We're getting a new meeting leader starting next week, so maybe that'll change things up for me. I'm getting tired of no forward movement in this session!! Our existing leader was good and a lot of fun, but I've found it's actually interesting to go to different meetings with a different leader every once in a while.

I have an alert set up looking for good airfares to visit my mom next month, but nothing good's been coming up. This morning I was frustrated and did a quick search of my own in travel ocity just to see for myself and found a great fare for $140 round trip via American! Lickety split, I booked directly online on AA's site. What's really funny is that not 10 min. after booking that, I get my e-mail alert about it (I use airfare watchdog). Anyway, I'm very happy to have gotten a good fare.

Okay, I suppose I should try to be more productive today...
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #148  

Laura
When are you going to Missouri in September? That was a good buy on tickets. I'm going to be in the Springfield/Nixa area around Labor Day. Are you going to regular WW meetings or do they still have them at work?
I read the book and had to do a book report on the Great Gatsby in college so I'm looking forward to watching the movie. I should get the book and follow along with the movie.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #149  
Happy September

Good Morning Gals
On The Run. Someone Is Sick.
Someone Needs To Get The Offices Going.
Maybe See You Later.
If Not Have A Wonderful Day.
We Actually Have Sun And Good Weather Today!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #150  

Morning
Nothing new here. I'm looking forward to my four day week end and pay day Thursday.

Mel
Don't work to hard today.

Everyone else have a good day.